#1 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

Hey Sorcerers,

I've set up a place where I'll be putting each weekly Sorcerer VCR report for you to view.

I will be adding the new reports as they come in here, for you to view and go over. Please use the reports as a way of seeing that all your class worries are being addressed, and to help cultivate discussion in the class forums regarding them.

You can access them here.

You can access the directory to all class reports here.

#2 zzyh

zzyh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:45 PM

So who’s your 30/30 because this report is a joke. :p_err: 

Popular Suggestions:
Change Stats style to RO1 base stats to be able to hit again. Sorcerer’s Fireball Damage-Over-Time is currently not doing 30% of the damage within 10 sec. It’s a lot more.
Lol, must be on crack. Bringing ro1 stats to ro2 = major problem ._. do I need to say more?

Priority Fixes:
-30/30 sorcerers have said, “Hit Rate needs to be able to hit other classes. Even though the critical is nice, Our Sorcerers aren’t able to hit anything.”
Agree  +1

-20/30 said “Reduce SP of Jupitel Thunder and be comparable to the Wizard’s Fireball for PVE purposes.”
Learn to use dayr blues. This should not be a priority fix more like noobs just complaining -.-. 
"SP... it sucks losing that much, but it just goes down to learning how to potion."

-29/30 said “Wind Emblem should go back to pre-AOV, and let us freeze our targets and hit people with 4 times the damage with wind seal and do burst damage.”
umm. X2 of your normal dmg = crit-----à x2 crit dmg = x4 (which is pretty much double of your crit.)
let’s begin, when the player is frozen sorc are able to do a crit or a x2. No way will It be x4 when the opponent in Freeze  and the user has wind proc . This skill was always the same as pre-AoV and was never altered in any way. The only diff. was 2/2 revamped to 4/4  proc. -.- So what are you trying to say about the skill?

-30/30 Said “Summon Aqua skill doesn’t do anything, doesn’t hit or miss, it’s just animation.”
Err.. Skill work. Just doesn’t show up on battle log/screen.  However "Summon Aqua should be looked at, either take the skill away because its useless or increase its damage"

-15/30 said “Can we get an increase on Damage-Over-Time for lightning bolt?”
Waste of skill point. Sorc don’t need DoT.  Do I need to say more about this?

#3 LocoFiber

LocoFiber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:56 PM

Popular Suggestions:
Change Stats style to RO1 base stats to be able to hit again. Sorcerer’s Fireball Damage-Over-Time is currently not doing 30% of the damage within 10 sec. It’s a lot more.
Lol, must be on crack. Bringing ro1 stats to ro2 = major problem ._. do I need to say more?

Priority Fixes:
-30/30 sorcerers have said, “Hit Rate needs to be able to hit other classes. Even though the critical is nice, Our Sorcerers aren’t able to hit anything.”
Agree  +1

-20/30 said “Reduce SP of Jupitel Thunder and be comparable to the Wizard’s Fireball for PVE purposes.”
Learn to use dayr blues. This should not be a priority fix more like noobs just complaining -.-. 
"SP... it sucks losing that much, but it just goes down to learning how to potion."

-29/30 said “Wind Emblem should go back to pre-AOV, and let us freeze our targets and hit people with 4 times the damage with wind seal and do burst damage.”
umm. X2 of your normal dmg = crit-----à x2 crit dmg = x4 (which is pretty much double of your crit.)
let’s begin, when the player is frozen sorc are able to do a crit or a x2. No way will It be x4 when the opponent in Freeze  and the user has wind proc . This skill was always the same as pre-AoV and was never altered in any way. The only diff. was 2/2 revamped to 4/4  proc. -.- So what are you trying to say about the skill?

-30/30 Said “Summon Aqua skill doesn’t do anything, doesn’t hit or miss, it’s just animation.”
Err.. Skill work. Just doesn’t show up on battle log/screen.  However "Summon Aqua should be looked at, either take the skill away because its useless or increase its damage"

Thx Zyh

#4 Aikyou

Aikyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:32 AM

Popular Suggestions:

Priority Fixes:
Agree  +1

- SP issues affect Sorcerers of all levels, and the way I see it, it's more about comparability with other classes SP costs. I.e. we aren't getting bang for buck. Everyone was a "Newb" at one point, so it's only fair that SP usage is re-calibrated so that SP usage isn't unreasonable. Sound fair?

- The point on wind emblem, is some sort of bug I have been hearing of. It might not have been worded the best, but people have reported that.

- What that statement about summon aqua points to is that the skill is not useful right now. That should be clear enough.

- While I agree that sorcs don't need DoTs I can also see that if some players want DoTs, their frame of mind might be that the DoT we have should be at least usable.

Please provide constructive feedback. Tearing down someone's report adds no value and is really just mean-spirited. If you would like to do a good job, please run for the position yourself, or post on the forums. I did not become a VCR to nanny over the forums to provide moderation - I'm busy enough as it is. Also as you are aware, the sorc forum is dead because existing sorcs quit or changed classes. The only practical way to get feedback is in game if there is no one posting in the forum. So start posting. You too Loco, try provide input. As a person that vied for a VCR position I'm sure you have an opinion on what should be improved. 

#5 LocoFiber

LocoFiber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:41 AM

[...] You too Loco, try provide input. As a person that vied for a VCR position I'm sure you have an opinion on what should be improved. 

That's why I discussed with zyh about it ;) and he posted it,.. sounds fair? ;)

#6 Aikyou

Aikyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:01 AM

That's why I discussed with zyh about it ;) and he posted it,.. sounds fair? ;)

The community will be the judge of that. How are the sour grapes going? Made some wine yet?

#7 VModCherry

VModCherry

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 167 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:33 AM

I would like to keep this thread open and not have to lock it as I did with Priest one. Everyone, please, try and open your mind to others' opinions before judging them. Let's avoid the personal attacks and passive-aggressive comments, can we? 

#8 Jirosama

Jirosama

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationImperial Beach, CA

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:25 AM

Popular Suggestions:
-Zyh Says" Lol, must be on crack. Bringing ro1 stats to ro2 = major problem ._. do I need to say more?"

-Jirosama says "It's a suggestion, get over it. Where were you when I made this report? You didn't even send me an email."

Priority Fixes:
-Zyh says "Agree  +1"

-Zyh says "Learn to use dayr blues. This should not be a priority fix more like noobs just complaining -.-. 

-Jirosama says "agree on you this time, the reason I submited this is that a lot of people are complaining about it. A lot of people like it that way. I'm just voicing it out."

(But guys, Think about it. The SP potions that are also being sold in shops/AH, this is one of the items that delete some zenny from the server because of AH, which helps out the economy in a small way to keep the server overall zenny down.)

-Zyh Says "umm. X2 of your normal dmg = crit-----à x2 crit dmg = x4 (which is pretty much double of your crit.)
let’s begin, when the player is frozen sorc are able to do a crit or a x2. No way will It be x4 when the opponent in Freeze  and the user has wind proc . This skill was always the same as pre-AoV and was never altered in any way. The only diff. was 2/2 revamped to 4/4  proc. -.- So what are you trying to say about the skill?"

- Jirosama says "I'm that one person against it."

-zyh says "Err.. Skill work. Just doesn’t show up on battle log/screen.  However "Summon Aqua should be looked at, either take the skill away because its useless or increase its damage"

-Jirosama says "Sounds like a rant from someone who hates me..."
-zyh says, "Waste of skill point. Sorc don’t need DoT.  Do I need to say more about this?

-Jirosama Says " I agree, completely. Sorcs should do burst damage."

I'm a VCR, the only power I hold is to voice out people's opinion and let them be heard. If you have submitted a suggestion to me then I would easily include it. If you don't like it Zyh, then step up for the next VCR election and lets see how you handle things. Oh and btw, you aren't the only guild in RO2, I can get 30 sorcs easy on my friend's list.

And with all of these being said, kindly please contact me here in forums or mail me ingame for your questions, concerns and suggestion about our SORCERER class (some peeople contacts me for bugs, fixes, and getting their character stuck ingame...I'll still entertain you, but you know my priorities). I will be sure that you guys are heard.

Thank you for your time,

VCR Jirosama                                                                                                                                        

Edited by Jirosama, 31 March 2014 - 01:40 PM.

#9 Jirosama

Jirosama

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:38 AM

The community will be the judge of that. How are the sour grapes going? Made some wine yet?

Looks like he's not over it yet and brought a friend with him.

#10 LocoFiber

LocoFiber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:20 AM

Looks like he's not over it yet and brought a friend with him.

You heard VolunteerMod12

so shhhhht :D :D :D :D

#11 Jirosama

Jirosama

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

You heard VolunteerMod12

so shhhhht :D :D :D :D

Yes I did. ^_^

#12 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

Jiro, Loco NO RECESS FOR YOU TWO!

#13 Jirosama

Jirosama

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:59 PM

Jiro, Loco NO RECESS FOR YOU TWO!

I'm on a diet. Hahaha!

#14 Jirosama

Jirosama

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

Well I learned a lot from zyh today. I can't do anything about my next report since it's already been submitted, but the next time, I'll include people's name who suggested it and leave my comments for them. Zyh, thank you for this opportunity to give me this learning experience. This being said, I need to be more organize about things. Hold meetings for sorcerers since we have lot of then in the server. Sorcerer Association?

Edited by Jirosama, 31 March 2014 - 03:02 PM.

#15 Sarasah

Sarasah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

Well I learned a lot from zyh today. I can't do anything about my next report since it's already been submitted, but the next time, I'll include people's name who suggested it and leave my comments for them. Zyh, thank you for this opportunity to give me this learning experience. This being said, I need to be more organize about things. Hold meetings for sorcerers since we have lot of then in the server. Sorcerer Association?

I'd be ok with this. Perhaps host an RC/skype chat specifically for the sorcerers?
I'd just like to point out that jiro, you asked me weeks ago if I had any bug issues to report and I said no other then skill bug during pvp. Then earlier this week you asked me again, it was a no as well other then my shock rune breaks warriors in battle leap. What I would like from you is to actually share a conversation with me about my opinions and suggestions... not ask what bugs do I have to report. Because now I see this report and I feel like I could have given you more, I mean, I'm just one person but I am an active sorcerer that plays everyday cause I have no life >.> Idk... I don't speak for everyone lol

#16 zzyh

zzyh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:07 PM

- SP issues affect Sorcerers of all levels, and the way I see it, it's more about comparability with other classes SP costs. I.e. we aren't getting bang for buck. Everyone was a "Newb" at one point, so it's only fair that SP usage is re-calibrated so that SP usage isn't unreasonable. Sound fair?

**And how fast can the mob die with high damage output with high SP consumption on all level mob.Pretty fast right ^.^? We now have our flaws, high burst damage for high SP usage consumption. As far as i can see, people who play sorc shouldn't really be burrito-ing all the way(lol), but as of right now they kinda have to since there's not a lot of people playing right?
We waste more on PvP battle, but that is all because we are missing. Imagine if those didn't miss you'll be dead ezpz.
Let it be known if you want high damage expect to waste a lot of SP for high burst damage.  

- The point on wind emblem, is some sort of bug I have been hearing of. It might not have been worded the best, but people have reported that.

**May you please state that bug? As i would like to know what "bug" is really happening in Wind Emblem.  It has always been the same old mechanic.

- What that statement about summon aqua points to is that the skill is not useful right now. That should be clear enough.
**Yes, i agree with you that summon aqua is pretty useless as of right now that needs to be looked at.
Also, like the idea of aqua being able to heal, now that will be something fun to see ^.^

- While I agree that sorcs don't need DoTs I can also see that if some players want DoTs, their frame of mind might be that the DoT we have should be at least usable.
**As you stated that sorc are indeed burst dmg, whats the point of having DoT? I don't see how they should even be adding dot on lighting bolt when you can end someone in PvP in less than 5 sec.

edit: okay that "burrito-ing" should be "K i r i t o-ing" 

Edited by zzyh, 31 March 2014 - 09:25 PM.

#17 zzyh

zzyh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

Who said i hate you? You shouldn't judge just because i deny your offer of 6k KP for my Ocean Set 3s punched, heck i haven't talk to you since the selling of my perm merlion to you.
Let me assure you that i do not hate both you and takehito. I may seem harsh, but that's just how people can learn and deal from it.

#18 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:54 PM

Who said i hate you? You shouldn't judge just because i deny your offer of 6k KP for my Ocean Set 3s punched, heck i haven't talk to you since the selling of my perm merlion to you.
Let me assure you that i do not hate both you and takehito. I may seem harsh, but that's just how people can learn and deal from it.

This thread confuses me so much now....

#19 Aikyou

Aikyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:23 PM

**And how fast can the mob die with high damage output with high SP consumption on all level mob.Pretty fast right ^.^? We now have our flaws, high burst damage for high SP usage consumption. As far as i can see, people who play sorc shouldn't really be burrito-ing all the way(lol), but as of right now they kinda have to since there's not a lot of people playing right?
We waste more on PvP battle, but that is all because we are missing. Imagine if those didn't miss you'll be dead ezpz.
Let it be known if you want high damage expect to waste a lot of SP for high burst damage.  

**May you please state that bug? As i would like to know what "bug" is really happening in Wind Emblem.  It has always been the same old mechanic.

**Yes, i agree with you that summon aqua is pretty useless as of right now that needs to be looked at.
Also, like the idea of aqua being able to heal, now that will be something fun to see ^.^

**As you stated that sorc are indeed burst dmg, whats the point of having DoT? I don't see how they should even be adding dot on lighting bolt when you can end someone in PvP in less than 5 sec.

edit: okay that "burrito-ing" should be "K i r i t o-ing" 

Look mate, personally, I am of the opinion that SP is more of a back-burner issue and that the lightning bolt dot is useless. The bug issue I haven't tested myself, but there is no harm in putting in details of a potential bug - there are more pressing concerns. However, all your posts treat the ideas contained within the reports as if they are the VCR's own ideas and we agree with every opinion that's out there. The role of the VCR is to provide balanced feedback, and not to push personal agendas. SP was something largely complained about. If you can present a logical reason(s) as to why this should not be an issue at all, for all types of players, that is strong enough to warrant it not being seen as an issue by the many masses of people who complained about it, then sure I will give your point more credence.

On another note, I do not mince my words and I will not accept two things here. The first is verbal diarrhea for the sake of advancing (elitist or other) agendas. The second is misconstruing damning criticism for feedback. The way you wrote your original post could only be seen as a personal attack. Please take care in future, because those points were fair, but framed in the worst possible way. And also, there is such a thing called 'tact'. Learn it. You generally get further in life with it.

#20 zzyh

zzyh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:30 PM

I'm simply just responding mate. It's in the realm of possibility of how you see it and interpret it.  :thx:

#21 LocoFiber

LocoFiber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:59 PM

[...]

On another note, I do not mince my words and I will not accept two things here. The first is verbal diarrhea for the sake of advancing (elitist or other) agendas. The second is misconstruing damning criticism for feedback. [...}

So you better stop :)

#22 Aikyou

Aikyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:21 AM

So you better stop :)

I get you're trying to accuse me of being a hypocrite, but you totally failed there. Quoting text and then putting a coy suggestion does not mean that suggestion is logically correct. Now get back to giving feedback on the sorc class. That is the purpose of this forum. Not some self-indulgent political game. 

*insert excessive smiley*

#23 Jirosama

Jirosama

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:32 AM

I'd be ok with this. Perhaps host an RC/skype chat specifically for the sorcerers?
I'd just like to point out that jiro, you asked me weeks ago if I had any bug issues to report and I said no other then skill bug during pvp. Then earlier this week you asked me again, it was a no as well other then my shock rune breaks warriors in battle leap. What I would like from you is to actually share a conversation with me about my opinions and suggestions... not ask what bugs do I have to report. Because now I see this report and I feel like I could have given you more, I mean, I'm just one person but I am an active sorcerer that plays everyday cause I have no life >.> Idk... I don't speak for everyone lol

Yeah it's hard typing everything up in game, I'll end up hosting an RC meeting with every sorc that I know of tomorrow, in this RC meeting, I'll also give out my skype so that everyone can message me anytime.

@zyh, let's stop arguing. It's tiring enough to be VCR, and we're not going anywhere with this. Just come to the meeting when invited I think it would be more productive that way.

@loco and aikyou, I urge you guys to keep your fingers off the keyboard as this topic may end up closing as well and I won't be able to type in info of the upcoming meeting.

Edited by Jirosama, 01 April 2014 - 12:53 AM.

#24 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus
  • Server:odin

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:37 AM

well im not a sorc but i have noticed alot of newer players low lvls training to lvl up snd alot having to stop and sit, to wait for their sp to recharge, so it does seem to be an issue for alot of magic based chars. yea once players are higher lvl and stuff they can buy pots but newer players cant afford to buy them.

i know its not my place since this isnt my class but just want to help ^_^

#25 Jirosama

Jirosama

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:45 AM

well im not a sorc but i have noticed alot of newer players low lvls training to lvl up snd alot having to stop and sit, to wait for their sp to recharge, so it does seem to be an issue for alot of magic based chars. yea once players are higher lvl and stuff they can buy pots but newer players cant afford to buy them.

i know its not my place since this isnt my class but just want to help ^_^

Hmm. I would say, I just leveled my cresentia to ml1 and didn't encounter a sp problem when I use lesser SP pots, my priest though it still an acolyte, is having a hard time in sp but still able to buy sp pots on its own.
The new players you talk of, should see this topic and learn that they shouldn't just keep the zenny that the server is awarding with quests they can buy sp pots from NPCs. (Just my opinion)
I submitted the report though. ^_^

Edited by Jirosama, 01 April 2014 - 12:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users