#27 LocoFiber

LocoFiber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:00 AM

[..]
@loco and aikyou, I urge you guys to keep your fingers off the keyboard as this topic may end up closing as well and I won't be able to type in info of the upcoming meeting.

Ya that's the best solution!

And Aikyou if you need help, just pm me. I'm sure we find a way to help you get through

#28 Jirosama

Jirosama

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationImperial Beach, CA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:02 AM

And Aikyou if you need help, just pm me. I'm sure we find a way to help you get through

Please Stop egging people LocoFiber. (Warning)

#29 LocoFiber

LocoFiber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:03 AM

well im not a sorc but i have noticed alot of newer players low lvls training to lvl up snd alot having to stop and sit, to wait for their sp to recharge, so it does seem to be an issue for alot of magic based chars. yea once players are higher lvl and stuff they can buy pots but newer players cant afford to buy them.

i know its not my place since this isnt my class but just want to help ^_^

It's along time ago since I leveled my sorc:), but it thought by fighting mobs u get alot of Blue Pots (Idk if I'm still right on this). The only thing i had to wait that day was about the HP. Is there any update how it is now for newly sorcs about the blue pot dropping?

#30 Aikyou

Aikyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:12 AM

I could use some wine.

#31 LocoFiber

LocoFiber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:21 AM

I could use some wine.

Red or white? :)

#32 MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:00 AM

It's along time ago since I leveled my sorc:), but it thought by fighting mobs u get alot of Blue Pots (Idk if I'm still right on this). The only thing i had to wait that day was about the HP. Is there any update how it is now for newly sorcs about the blue pot dropping?

I was tinkering around with levelling a sorc for a few days last week, it was AWFUL for SP consumption. Even with a maxxed out Water Emblem, I'd be waiting, in combat, for my blue pots to come off CD. In Payon Forest and Maple Forest areas the pots only give you enough SP to get about 2-3 skills off.

I ended up giving up levelling my sorc because I was getting sick and tired of having to sit and wait for my SP to regen, both through pots and water emblem.

There's the SP consumption issue from a "newb" sorc ^_^

EDIT: I also forgot to mention, the issue with SP goes as far back as levelling as a mage. Imagine how annoying it was when the pots only give enough for half one use of Water Bolt?

Edited by 4487130502131922863, 01 April 2014 - 03:02 AM.

#33 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus
  • Server:odin

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:20 AM

yea u still get alot of blue pots, but the cd on pots and sp is still pain, this issue i noticed with mages, aco's especially and low lvl sorcs.

so i guess it would be good if there was some type of sp balance with consumption. nothing to high but something that would help and benefit all magic based classes.

#34 Alien88

Alien88

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:25 AM

Let me add some idea of my own, my IGN is AdyJune. From what i know, sorc are pretty hard to lvl during low lvls, thts a fact, but put up with it, when ur later in game, ur a pretty cool class and fun to play...u get good things thru hardship...nothing falls from the sky. I started the game pretty late, about 3 mths ago, which makes me a newbie i guess...but i wasn't complaining about anything other than the hit. Without sp its fine, i just sit and recover...Put it this way, the idea of a game is to pass time. As for what zyh said, i don think he has any wrong for inputting comments, we are all main sorc users, we have the right to voice out anything, ur the VCR, if u don think its correct then just ignore it, other than go attacking someone comment. Let it go pls...and let ppl voice out their views and opinion.

As for lightning bolt, we have enuf skills that can kill ppl in an easy way, lets just take it away, so people will stop complaining about it. The game has become in such a way that all classes wan to kill and win all classes, its not a party or group thing anymore...

#35 Lyssina

Lyssina

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:54 AM

I was tinkering around with levelling a sorc for a few days last week, it was AWFUL for SP consumption. Even with a maxxed out Water Emblem, I'd be waiting, in combat, for my blue pots to come off CD. In Payon Forest and Maple Forest areas the pots only give you enough SP to get about 2-3 skills off.

I ended up giving up levelling my sorc because I was getting sick and tired of having to sit and wait for my SP to regen, both through pots and water emblem.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention, the issue with SP goes as far back as levelling as a mage. Imagine how annoying it was when the pots only give enough for half one use of Water Bolt?

I did the same. (but she's still at level 10, and I wanna make her a wiz :v)

It's not so bad at end game because of the dayr pots. If you don't want to pay 300 something zeny for a 20 high grades, then you can always just farm for the mats and find some alchemist to craft it for you. (give us poor alchemists a job to do  :heh:. You can pm me, I'll craft it for you for free 1 rupee )

BUT for low level sorcs-to-be, or any magic base chars for that matter, it is quite difficult. Yes, they can always just spam blue pots, but they don't even heal that much in comparison to how much sp is needed to attack. So they end up having to sit there, and munch or wait for it to regen; and that could get quite boring. (which is probably why I don't see much new sorcs or I just go afk too much

If there's going to be SP recalibration it should be for everyone. I mean, SoulMakers/Cresentias(?) have it worse than us. At least we have water emblem if we wish to use it. They don't have SP regen skills at all. JS.

#36 MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:08 AM

From what i know, sorc are pretty hard to lvl during low lvls, thts a fact, but put up with it, when ur later in game, ur a pretty cool class and fun to play...u get good things thru hardship...nothing falls from the sky. I started the game pretty late, about 3 mths ago, which makes me a newbie i guess...but i wasn't complaining about anything other than the hit. Without sp its fine, i just sit and recover...Put it this way, the idea of a game is to pass time.

I agree and disagree with you, Ady. Yes, sorc is pretty fun and stuff, and the game should have a certain difficulty to it, but to give you perspective, since, if you started playing after AoV came out, there's a HUGE disparity in the way things are these days, as compared to levelling before AoV came out. (Pardon me accentuating the negatives here.)

I don't remember exact SP values, however, playing and levelling pre-AoV with sorcs and wizards, the only time SP consumption was ever a worry was while raiding and dungeoning. Otherwise, it was to a point that I remember them potting occasionally while levelling to 50, but never COMPLETELY running out of SP. However, post AoV, it's easy for extremely early levels to get half to more than half of their SP drained while casting a skill. (Worst offender I can think of off the top of my head is Fire Ball.) Meanwhile, if the skill doesn't OHKO the mob, you gotta either A.) pray the mob doesn't hurt you too much while waiting for pots to come off CD or B.) smack it with your rod/staff, which does oh so much damage that it needs to be nerfed. (jk.)

Meanwhile, the class that I main these days (alter-Crec) had a HUGE SP consumption issue early level pre-AoV, but these days, I haven't seen it pop up as dramatically bad as it did as day 1.

Meanwhile, a comment that has been thrown around when coming to the way the devs are handling the 'difficulty' of Osiris comes into play: difficulty =/= amount of time it takes to accomplish a goal. With Osiris mobs, fake difficulty was increasing HP/defense to make them take longer to kill, as opposed to mechanics. With levelling a magic character, you can see it in increasing the SP consumption of a skill the higher you level it. Having to wait for SP to regen is NOT fun, it's boring, and it takes up a lot more time than actually well, doing things. But, I am no game designer, so I can't think off the top of my head of a situation where real difficulty could be implemented on levelling a character. All I know is currently, the SP consumption issue on levelling a character is more or less padding the levelling process, and I don't know many people who enjoy dealing with padding in a game.

#37 nashR2

nashR2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:49 AM

used to difficult....but then i guess now we r used to popping dayr prime blues.

I levelled a ranger recently to ML and i didnt have to use a single blue pot :D

#38 nashR2

nashR2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:10 AM

Hmm. I would say, I just leveled my cresentia to ml1 and didn't encounter a sp problem when I use lesser SP pots, my priest though it still an acolyte, is having a hard time in sp but still able to buy sp pots on its own.
The new players you talk of, should see this topic and learn that they shouldn't just keep the zenny that the server is awarding with quests they can buy sp pots from NPCs. (Just my opinion)
I submitted the report though. ^_^

well i guess atm raids are non existant so SP doesnt seem like a problem...but if things were to change to conditions existing pre AoV, then u would have a different opinion bout SP consumption and sorcs.

Edited by nashR2, 01 April 2014 - 09:26 AM.

#39 Sarasah

Sarasah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

As for lightning bolt, we have enuf skills that can kill ppl in an easy way, lets just take it away, so people will stop complaining about it.

-gasp- ;_; I have that skill maxed out for pvp purposes, and until raids come back, its going to remain that way; I don't care for the DoT affect, in pvp you can run and spam it. Cold Bolt is a no running skill.

If any skill were to be removed, I would highly suggest Summon Aqua, OR at least, rework its location on the skill tree.

It currently goes: Summon Aqua > Healing Wave > Soul Cleanse > Meditation > Deluge

Now, out of that, I rarely use Deluge (its 1/5, my LOR does 4k every 2 secs and only has a 10second CD which is 5/5), but, its still one of those skills you should have as a sorcerer. Healing Wave 1/5, but I still use it when I can (Rejuvenation is more effective as you can RUN and heal and has a 5 second CD), Soul Cleanse, RARE to use, and Meditation... bleh.

How I'd like to see it: Deluge > Healing Wave > Soul Cleanse > Meditation > Summon Aqua

I'd obviously not put any skills into meditation and summon aqua, and put it elsewhere.

I'd also like to know what bug is happening with Wind Emblem? I don't use wind emblem anymore as its not that effective for me personally to have that buff on when I keep Earth Emblem on for survivability with my heals.

And one more thing about the SP consumption, if its so difficult to keep up with the SP, then lets take a look at the actual potions themselves. Why not just increase it? Or take the stupid CD away on just SP. My last game I played, there was no CD on SP/HP potions, BUT if you consumed too many in a matter of seconds going into a minute, you would get whats called Potion Poisoning, and all of your stats would decrease to 0 the more you used. You'd be in "time out" for an hour until it wore off.

#40 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:56 AM

Not a sorc but no CD on sp would be a good change lol what's the point of its CD it's not like you really need to mana manage for anything

#41 Snowberries01

Snowberries01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

I have a few suggestions that I like to share to help improve the sorcerer's skill. I'll let the community be the judge of my suggestions, if you guys don't like them just say "no" and ignore please, I don't feel like debating a war.

Suggestion 1 Rejuvenation
Spoiler

Suggestion 2 Earth Shield
Spoiler

Suggestion 3 Summon Aqua
Spoiler

Suggestion 4 Soul Cleanse (Incoming Wall of Text)
Spoiler

#42 kimsera

kimsera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Locationhoodlyfe
  • Server:thuglyfe

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

I suggest lowering the cast time of Soul Cleanse to 0s. I noticed on my Priest and Sorc that I can't use recovery/cleanse when I get Frozen in a running animation (Iol) and therefore can't cast the skill because it has a cast time. Only skills that have a 0s cast time can be used while running around. x_x

I mean doing this will also increase the utility of the skill in raids, whatever those are, because as of now it feels like a very "heavy" skill akin to the old HH animation lol. Like the cost of time (2s) casting vs the time frozen/snared (5s typically) isn't really appealing for most people. Plus it doesn't go off 50% of the time for me bc of the running animation.

#43 Jirosama

Jirosama

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

Ok guys! Unfortunately I won't be able to copy and paste your suggestions as of now. However I'll be holding a meeting every Wednesday at 7pm-8pm server time and Thursday 7pm-8pm servertime. RC channel 8492697. You guys can also reach me by PMs or adding the Sorcerer channel by type "U" ingame, click on Channel button then add channel. I thank you very much for your patience.
Add me as a friend also to know if I'm online.

Edited by Jirosama, 01 April 2014 - 03:32 PM.

#44 Jirosama

Jirosama

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:08 PM

I have a few suggestions that I like to share to help improve the sorcerer's skill. I'll let the community be the judge of my suggestions, if you guys don't like them just say "no" and ignore please, I don't feel like debating a war.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Suggestion 3 Summon Aqua
Spoiler

Spoiler

Great suggestions! Especially #3! Although, I don't think suggestion 1 is going to happen (lag from effects) and we already have LOR and Deluge, if this were to happen, sorcs would be the primary target in WOE due to its mass healing power. #2 may also fail because if you changed the skill attribute the calculations may go wrong (no offense, but the current devs aren't too good at math) and I think we still need defense buff because we can refine our armors up to +20 as well. #4 Spell Breaker from ro1 focuses on canceling skills with cast time(may not be a good name). Good suggestion though. I like the fact that we should carry counter skills, like reflects and such. Again though, problems with math with this added skill.

I honestly don't think sages in RO1 are sorcerers in RO2. We don't have any counter spell. We summon a cold and lightning skills though. I honestly THINK that we are a summoning class.

Edited by Jirosama, 03 April 2014 - 12:10 PM.

#45 Snowberries01

Snowberries01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

Great suggestions! Especially #3! Although, I don't think suggestion 1 is going to happen (lag from effects) and we already have LOR and Deluge, if this were to happen, sorcs would be the primary target in WOE due to its mass healing power. #2 may also fail because if you changed the skill attribute the calculations may go wrong (no offense, but the current devs aren't too good at math) and I think we still need defense buff because we can refine our armors up to +20 as well. #4 Spell Breaker from ro1 focuses on canceling skills with cast time(may not be a good name). Good suggestion though. I like the fact that we should carry counter skills, like reflects and such. Again though, problems with math with this added skill.
I honestly don't think sages in RO1 are sorcerers in RO2. We don't have any counter spell. We summon a cold and lightning skills though. I honestly THINK that we are a summoning class.

#1 Is basically just making rejuvenation a copy of Highness Heal and Restoration(SM's chain heal). It would just improve PvE, IMO. But then again, I never WoE, too much drama, so I have to take the community and your judgement.

#2 I can see the Devs messing up this, so you may be right. Accidental 100% reflected damage would cause more hate on sorcerers.

#4 I actually got this idea from a previous game I played. There was a class that had "Buff Canceler" which allowed them to destroy up to 5 buffs from the enemies around them. I took the idea from RO1 Spell Breaker's SP recovery because sorcerers had been complaining about SP problems and it gives a greater use to Soul Cleanse(Spell Breaker). This game literally makes every class have no cast time. By Osiris gear, even a Jupiter Thunder is less than one second to cast off. So I thought implementing a buff counterspell instead of a spell canceler would be more of a use.

But thank you for your feedback!

Edited by Snowberries01, 03 April 2014 - 04:04 PM.

#46 Aikyou

Aikyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:12 AM

#1 Is basically just making rejuvenation a copy of Highness Heal and Restoration(SM's chain heal). It would just improve PvE, IMO. But then again, I never WoE, too much drama, so I have to take the community and your judgement.

#2 I can see the Devs messing up this, so you may be right. Accidental 100% reflected damage would cause more hate on sorcerers.

#4 I actually got this idea from a previous game I played. There was a class that had "Buff Canceler" which allowed them to destroy up to 5 buffs from the enemies around them. I took the idea from RO1 Spell Breaker's SP recovery because sorcerers had been complaining about SP problems and it gives a greater use to Soul Cleanse(Spell Breaker). This game literally makes every class have no cast time. By Osiris gear, even a Jupiter Thunder is less than one second to cast off. So I thought implementing a buff counterspell instead of a spell canceler would be more of a use.

But thank you for your feedback!

That's a really interesting idea, if sorcs could get skills along the lines of ro sage line. That would be a really interesting path to go down pvp wise if sorcs had something like soul burn to kill mp and then the ability to cancel spells. And then if we had convert (i really hope im not mixing up my games here) for mp. 

#47 Aikyou

Aikyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:24 AM

-gasp- ;_; I have that skill maxed out for pvp purposes, and until raids come back, its going to remain that way; I don't care for the DoT affect, in pvp you can run and spam it. Cold Bolt is a no running skill.

If any skill were to be removed, I would highly suggest Summon Aqua, OR at least, rework its location on the skill tree.

It currently goes: Summon Aqua > Healing Wave > Soul Cleanse > Meditation > Deluge

Now, out of that, I rarely use Deluge (its 1/5, my LOR does 4k every 2 secs and only has a 10second CD which is 5/5), but, its still one of those skills you should have as a sorcerer. Healing Wave 1/5, but I still use it when I can (Rejuvenation is more effective as you can RUN and heal and has a 5 second CD), Soul Cleanse, RARE to use, and Meditation... bleh.

How I'd like to see it: Deluge > Healing Wave > Soul Cleanse > Meditation > Summon Aqua

I'd obviously not put any skills into meditation and summon aqua, and put it elsewhere.

I'd also like to know what bug is happening with Wind Emblem? I don't use wind emblem anymore as its not that effective for me personally to have that buff on when I keep Earth Emblem on for survivability with my heals.

And one more thing about the SP consumption, if its so difficult to keep up with the SP, then lets take a look at the actual potions themselves. Why not just increase it? Or take the stupid CD away on just SP. My last game I played, there was no CD on SP/HP potions, BUT if you consumed too many in a matter of seconds going into a minute, you would get whats called Potion Poisoning, and all of your stats would decrease to 0 the more you used. You'd be in "time out" for an hour until it wore off.

As much as I like the idea of having a short path to deluge, a part of me feels that's cheating because it cuts the traditional weak > strong skill path! But who's to say it shouldn't be that way either. I definitely agree the placement of summon aqua is a tad awkward though, especially if they want to make us specialise more. 

Just with meditation though, even one skill point makes like 10k difference on a crit reju heal so it's something to consider.

#48 Lyssina

Lyssina

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:40 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Suggestion 3 Summon Aqua
Spoiler

Spoiler

#1 would be so good for PvE and grinding. Some classes (I noticed, usually rangers) don't stay inside the Circle of Life/Sexy mermaid party LoR/Del because they have to face a certain direction for their aoe's (MS and AS), which is understandable (I just reju/heal wave them, in that case). But I guess it would be quite intimidating on WoE... :p_idea: Oh (sudden ping), what if they work like this: Full effect of Reju heal only for the caster and one other member of your party/raid, and the others get half of the effect.

#2 would ES  work like cresentia's Evanesco then? (I'm actually not sure how that skill works, but from what I gather from the description, it's to reflect some % of the damage done right?) That would probably make us OP ... I don't want to be hated even more :p_sick:

#3 YES PLEASE.

#4 I quite like this, although, I doubt it's going to happen. Soul cleanse doesn't even work for me all the time. I doubt they're willing to improve a skill doesn't event work all the time. (Or maybe that's just me... QQ)

Edited by Lyssina, 09 April 2014 - 04:46 PM.

#49 aoi911

aoi911

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

I don't have sorc in NA server but i got one in SEA server with full osiris. I'm so upset that sorc's damage is so tragedy compared to other class and don't know why people blah blah blah that's sorc so OP or so (o.O). How can sorc worth to play when miss rate too high ( in PvP or even PVE)., low crit damage ( half damage compare to other class, there's time i duel a cres/monk... my staff is +20 deal only 18k crit when the opponent can one hit kill me o.O)

#50 Sarasah

Sarasah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

Just curious, the last update for a report was back April 7th... has there not been any new reports since then? I thought this was a weekly report >_>

The VCRs will be responsible for submitting weekly reports on their classes each Friday, showcasing the current bugs and balance issues that each class has, as well as providing any additional suggestions or feedback from the class community.

Edited by Sarasah, 29 May 2014 - 10:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users