Jirosama

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationImperial Beach, CA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:16 AM

I just submitted a report a few days ago. Had to gather up further info for it sorry for the delay.

#52 nashR2

nashR2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:08 AM

Y not remove diminishing returns on frost driver?
Other classes seem to use their disabling skills at will, especially priest.
This will atleast put things on a level field.....or lobby for addition of diminishing returns on disabling skills for all classes with regard to pvp!

#53 Jirosama

Jirosama

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationImperial Beach, CA

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

This will atleast put things on a level field.....or lobby for addition of diminishing returns on disabling skills for all classes with regard to pvp!

I put that out on my last report, To add stun on frost diver and make it instant cast like other characters. It seems that the only characters that are weak in PVP are the ones who doesn't have an instant stun skill. IE. Wizards, Rangers, Sorcs.

#54 Plushy

Plushy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

I do not know if it already got mentioned but i am not happy about Lightning Bolt Lv10. It's weak and kinda useless.

It would be really useful if you can also activate Power of Crest (x2 buff from wind emblem) with Lightning Bolt and not only with Cold Bolt.

Would even make more sense since it's all about lightnings.

And about the dot: What do you think about letting it effected by x2 buff and static buff?

#55 Sarasah

Sarasah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:51 PM

I do not know if it already got mentioned but i am not happy about Lightning Bolt Lv10. It's weak and kinda useless.

I will agree that level 10 is a bit much but I wouldn't say the skill overall is useless. It depends on what build you are. Currently I am pvp build and thus I have this skill maxed out because of the mobility it provides. Colt bolt is a stand and use whereas lightning bolt I can run around and spam.
Although once raids come back I will re skill and lightning bolt will suffer because of the skill points needed elsewhere.

#56 nashR2

nashR2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:20 PM

I put that out on my last report, To add stun on frost diver and make it instant cast like other characters. It seems that the only characters that are weak in PVP are the ones who doesn't have an instant stun skill. IE. Wizards, Rangers, Sorcs.

But what about diminishing returns on the skill? FD is useless after a few shots, and i doubt thats the case with other classes disabling skills.

#57 Sarasah

Sarasah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:47 PM

But what about diminishing returns on the skill? FD is useless after a few shots, and i doubt thats the case with other classes disabling skills.

The diminishing return is 20 seconds until FD hits again after 2 shots that hit. I'd hope that after the first hit (if maxed out) you've frozen your enemy for 6 seconds and done enough damage to not solely depend on frost diver again. How I use it quickly is memorize, fireball, FD, JT, and last hit with VS. Then pew pew with LB if needed. BUT, this is pvp based.

Please, I'd love to hear your feedback on why you feel like FD is useless after a few shots. In what way are you using it?

All your skills depends on your build. Pvp build, support build, dps build, hybrid raid style build. A sorcerer has so many different builds and opportunities.

Edited by Sarasah, 10 June 2014 - 10:00 PM.

#58 xMagik

xMagik

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 440 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:58 PM

uf i just want that skill patch to happen already because i am stuck with the fire build waiting for it.

personally i would also rather increasing the damage for LB so i wouldn't have to spend any points on CB anymore

also, i have a question, is the description for wind emblem wong or just stupid: power of crest may be actived fire bolt is used? really? why fire bold? it used to be CB and it would be even better is it were LB

#59 nashR2

nashR2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:10 PM

The diminishing return is 20 seconds until FD hits again after 2 shots that hit. I'd hope that after the first hit (if maxed out) you've frozen your enemy for 6 seconds and done enough damage to not solely depend on frost diver again. How I use it quickly is memorize, fireball, FD, JT, and last hit with VS. Then pew pew with LB if needed. BUT, this is pvp based.

Please, I'd love to hear your feedback on why you feel like FD is useless after a few shots. In what way are you using it?

All your skills depends on your build. Pvp build, support build, dps build, hybrid raid style build. A sorcerer has so many different builds and opportunities.

i guess it would b fine...but its the priests that make fd redundant....even if u freeze them....your fd just goes to waste. each time u manage to fd them u get stunned in return. So most of the time u are left with nothing on FD.

Thats y i ws suggesting a diminishing returns on disabling skills for all classes during pvp or just remove ours.

#60 SETSUNAf6w

SETSUNAf6w

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Odin ch.4

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:53 PM

Sorcerers were originally Agi based and now we're Int based.

Most classes are having the same problem but restoring the original primary stat would be a big relief!

#61 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:28 AM

Oh boy.... how things have changed. There is only ONE class out there that can create a stun-lock, and suddenly all classes want to do the same.

Frost Diver was once an overly powerful spell, because unless other skills with a stun (Ponnel Attack) or hold effect (Snare), there wasn't a significant cooldown. Instead, the skill generates a (de)buff on the target that makes the next use of the same skill only half as effective. But against any other target, the skill could be used in quick succession.

Transferring that to skills like Pommel Attack, Shield Charge or Wild Impact would surely improve those skills significantly. Rather than having a 30sec~60sec minimum cooldown, it would only be 5sec. And only if you use those skills on the same target twice, there would be a 'diminishing effect'... ergo only a 1.5sec stun.

How does that sound to you? So maybe you should be a bit cautious about these kinds of complains.

Sorcerers were originally Agi based and now we're Int based.

Most classes are having the same problem but restoring the original primary stat would be a big relief!

Sorcerers weren't AGI based in RO2. Damage was always based on INT for all magical classes and STR for classes with mundane attacks.

The only reason why AGI was (ab)used by most classes was simply - the level 50 cap!

The AGI value required for +1% crit. chance was based on your level. The gear between lvl1  and lvl 49 was quite balanced and usual, STR generated a higher benefit than AGI. This only changed, because only RHD gear was 'appropriate' for lvl 50. All the PvE, CoA, AoD and Chaos dungeon gear was by far too overpowered for the same character level... and only with this gear, AGI finally became the game-breaking stat.

If the developers would have increased the level cap normally with each 'new' content like CoA, AoD and Chaos, players would have required much more AGI per crit. chance... and crit. chances above 20~25% would have been hard to achieve.

Edited by Greven79, 16 June 2014 - 02:35 AM.

#62 nashR2

nashR2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:42 AM

Transferring that to skills like Pommel Attack, Shield Charge or Wild Impact would surely improve those skills significantly. Rather than having a 30sec~60sec minimum cooldown, it would only be 5sec. And only if you use those skills on the same target twice, there would be a 'diminishing effect'... ergo only a 1.5sec stun.

How does that sound to you? So maybe you should be a bit cautious about these kinds of complains.

Hmmmm i think id like it if no class were able to use a disbling skill on a particular target(pvp) endlessly or in such a manner that it disables the target for the entirety of the duel.

FD on the third go on same target is useless, i guess i wouldnt mind the same happening for all classes with regard to pvp. I dont see the point of pvp when all u do is get chain stunned and DoTed to death.

#63 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:06 AM

Oh boy.... how things have changed. There is only ONE class out there that can create a stun-lock, and suddenly all classes want to do the same.

Frost Diver was once an overly powerful spell, because unless other skills with a stun (Ponnel Attack) or hold effect (Snare), there wasn't a significant cooldown. Instead, the skill generates a (de)buff on the target that makes the next use of the same skill only half as effective. But against any other target, the skill could be used in quick succession.

Hmmmm i think id like it if no class were able to use a disbling skill on a particular target(pvp) endlessly or in such a manner that it disables the target for the entirety of the duel.

FD on the third go on same target is useless, i guess i wouldnt mind the same happening for all classes with regard to pvp. I dont see the point of pvp when all u do is get chain stunned and DoTed to death.

Gonna ninja myself in regarding the Stun issue :3

Now we do know that Priests can Stun obv (since many has been traumatized by it already...)

As said by GuardianTK by like many months ago regarding thee CC Debuff thingie

so like if Priest stuns you for 3sec you would gain a stack which lasts for lets say 20sec and if this priests stuns you again that stun is effect is now halfed to 1,5sec and you got 2nd Stack...Now if this Priest would Stun you once more again You would be stunned for half of 1,5sec which would be less than 1sec and you gain your 3rd and final stack (These stacks duration is refreshed for every CC until you got your 3rd stack  which then exprires after the whole duration after the 3rd stack has been applied. And used example Priests stun)

Now if someone would CC you would be Immune to that for the duration of 20sec.

Doens't that sound much better? 

Also to make WIS more atractive what if for each WIS you have you gain CC Cooldown increase by 0,02% per WIS 

So lets say a Knight has about 400 WIS that would Translate to about 8% CC Cooldown so you would only suffer 92% of the duration of this CC And then comes the First thingie i was talking of applied so the CC Cooldown is first applied then this (Lets call it "Will of Determination" rofl) is applied so lets just make it Half the effect for each stack.

Would that sound better :3?

This would create something more fair (IMO) since when we remember the actual PvP its more about "Who can One shot in first 10sec" and adding that certain classes deals more dmg when that player is Knocked down that would actually create some Counter play? would you agree?

Edited by PandeeChio, 16 June 2014 - 10:08 AM.

#64 nashR2

nashR2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:25 AM

well now its all pointless. I cant bring myself to grind that much. I guess ill also have to do the lurking till i git bored of that too, or if by some miracle i can summon enuff will power to git to ML30 ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users