#1 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

Hey Rangers,

I've set up a place where I'll be putting each weekly Ranger VCR report for you to view.

I will be adding the new reports as they come in here, for you to view and go over. Please use the reports as a way of seeing that all your class worries are being addressed, and to help cultivate discussion in the class forums regarding them.

You can access them here.

You can access the directory to all class reports here.

#2 brotherwolf

brotherwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

This is cool, is there a possibilty you can consolidate reports from all classes so we can compare notes easily?

#3 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:07 AM

This is cool, is there a possibilty you can consolidate reports from all classes so we can compare notes easily?

Added.

#4 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:34 PM

:o Poison arrow isn't priority fix :'( *heart shatters *dies *ragequits </3

Edit: Why is Poison arrow a C rank(i assume less than a and C priority fix?

Edited by Baddiez, 28 March 2014 - 02:51 PM.

#5 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:10 AM

:o Poison arrow isn't priority fix :'( *heart shatters *dies *ragequits </3

Edit: Why is Poison arrow a C rank(i assume less than a and C priority fix?

A= Priority bug. These types of bugs cause in-game issues such as client crashes, character stuck issues, or skill not working issues.

B= Class bug. These types of bugs might include skills not working as intended, stats giving the wrong value, or gear itemization issues.

C= Suggested changes. These suggestions might include balance suggestions, skill change suggestions, and appearance change

suggestions.

We labeled it as C because it's not a bug of any sort, but we just suggest that the DoT be improved.

#6 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:41 AM

A= Priority bug. These types of bugs cause in-game issues such as client crashes, character stuck issues, or skill not working issues.

B= Class bug. These types of bugs might include skills not working as intended, stats giving the wrong value, or gear itemization issues.

C= Suggested changes. These suggestions might include balance suggestions, skill change suggestions, and appearance change

suggestions.

We labeled it as C because it's not a bug of any sort, but we just suggest that the DoT be improved.

OHHHHHHHHHHHH *facepalms

#7 Hikarii18

Hikarii18

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:35 PM

OHHHHHHHHHHHH *facepalms

lol

#8 Hikarii18

Hikarii18

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:29 PM

I didnt get to read the last weeks report but really, I dont think rangers need heals at all. We get burst damage and we can kite melees all day esp with our impact arrow. Rangers not having heals is like one of the few ways to kill a ranger (esp for a melee). Giving rangers a healing ability is completely unnecessary at all in my opionion.

#9 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:55 AM

I didnt get to read the last weeks report but really, I dont think rangers need heals at all. We get burst damage and we can kite melees all day esp with our impact arrow. Rangers not having heals is like one of the few ways to kill a ranger (esp for a melee). Giving rangers a healing ability is completely unnecessary at all in my opionion.

I'm sure you've noticed how easy it is to kite melee with Impact Arrow as it is right now with 70% slow reduction being fixed to the proper % a couple patches ago.  The Rangers have been discussing that in chat and we think 70% is too much, especially coupled with a 4 second re-apply cool down on slow reduction.  So basically we can constantly slow melee by 70%, so we thought that seemed a little OP and are trying to get it scaled back to 50% with a 10 second re-apply cool down on the slow reduction.

The notes we have are almost always the same except for any big changes we talk about, we make threads in the forums here talking about them.  Stormhaven is taking a look at Traps and how they work right now and I've summed up in a thread what we talked about for Impact, Poison Arrow and Sharp Shooting.

Also if you are in game, join our Rangers private chat! :thumb2:

#10 Hikarii18

Hikarii18

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:55 PM

I'm sure you've noticed how easy it is to kite melee with Impact Arrow as it is right now with 70% slow reduction being fixed to the proper % a couple patches ago.  The Rangers have been discussing that in chat and we think 70% is too much, especially coupled with a 4 second re-apply cool down on slow reduction.  So basically we can constantly slow melee by 70%, so we thought that seemed a little OP and are trying to get it scaled back to 50% with a 10 second re-apply cool down on the slow reduction.

The notes we have are almost always the same except for any big changes we talk about, we make threads in the forums here talking about them.  Stormhaven is taking a look at Traps and how they work right now and I've summed up in a thread what we talked about for Impact, Poison Arrow and Sharp Shooting.

Also if you are in game, join our Rangers private chat! :thumb2:

Sorry but I dont think you read my post at all (you completely ignored the healing thing) . I'm talking about your suggestion about giving rangers healing ability/passive. Can you please justify that suggestion ? Though I do agree with nerfing the impact arrow slow 70% is kind of too much esp for melee class. (and please please fix freezing trap or do something about it. Its the most useless skill for me and in my opinion too i dont know about the other rangers.)

#11 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:00 PM

Sorry but I dont think you read my post at all (you completely ignored the healing thing) . I'm talking about your suggestion about giving rangers healing ability/passive. Can you please justify that suggestion ? Though I do agree with nerfing the impact arrow slow 70% is kind of too much esp for melee class. (and please please fix freezing trap or do something about it. Its the most useless skill for me and in my opinion too i dont know about the other rangers.)

Well it's not my suggestion, a lot of ranger's I've talked to have requested a small self heal and Stormhaven had even suggested it himself before.  I think the thought came from the current situation in game against the healing classes how they are able to self heal while dps at the same time and the fact that we are the only physical class without some kind of self heal.  So I'm not against the idea, but I also think it's not entirely necessary either.  The heals that were discussed would be about the same level of the natural heal we receive when not in battle, so nothing extravagant.  Freezing trap is useless and I believe all rangers agree with that, or I've yet to talk to one who disagrees.  I'd vote to just plain remove it if that were an option.  Stormhaven has idea's for all the traps and has a post about it here.

Right now, I don't think any class should do anything request wise to their class until this patch comes out.  We've already seen some of the leaked effects in game like hit being increased quite a bit and the priest books, these are very small changes compared to whats coming.  Right now, I'm not sure I'd even want to change the 70% slow, they may be using it's current effects to help balance our class against the others.  I think the best thing right now is to wait and see what they have up their sleeves before we start telling them what to change or fix.  That is not to say however, that we can't come up with idea's we'd like to see for our class, like Storm's trap ideas, the self heal suggestion or even the falcon acting like RO1 falcon.

#12 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

... and the fact that we are the only physical class without some kind of self heal...

Dont forget monks.

#13 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

Dont forget monks.

You are right I did forget monks, and cres are sort of hybrid so them too. However of the classes with no heal, rangers the only one with out some kind of damage mitigation.

I'm not for or against heals, if Rangers feel we need heals I'll be glad to include it on the report.

#14 Meirin

Meirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:31 AM

I do not know about the whole healing thing for Rangers for several reasons.

1. We have healers in this game for a reason. Make friends with them and go raiding together. Have fun!

2. Pots, runes, and other items make this somewhat of a moot point.

3. You can farm Willow Worker or other healing pets, as much as it is to the chagrin of many a player.

On the other hand, I can understand why "natural" healing would make sense. In real life, if I am in a fight with someone, it does not mean that all of my bodily functions cease, including my ability to heal. Right now, I am just trying to be content with the balance patch, which I am still trying to figure out in terms of my own gameplay experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users