Cant register for RO1 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Cant register for RO1

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 6694130503044502970

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:53 AM

hey, so i've been having a problem registering an account for RO. The website insists that the account i am yet to make is already suspended. Baffling. Here are the things i did that i believe lead to that dilemma:

1. I already created two accounts, (one for me and one for my brother). That's it. I'm making one for my sister (trying to make one) but i fail each time.

What i have done:

1. Install this adobe flash thing that the registration page kept asking. Account still suspended.

2. Waited 48 hours to register after my last one. Account still suspended.

3. Send in a ticket. Still no reply from the customer support. So, initially, Account is still suspended.

You guys might know a thing or two about this conundrum. Help me out? Thanks a bunch.

#2 JillOfTrades

JillOfTrades

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Twitter:@JillofTradesLA
  • LocationLouisiana, USA

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:26 AM

Errr wow. My first prediction would be that you are using Google Chrome...you should shun that browser to oblivion :X

So how are you creating an account? You mean another whole new account(which uses email to login) or a RO account within that email account?

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

Errr wow. My first prediction would be that you are using Google Chrome...you should shun that browser to oblivion :X

So how are you creating an account? You mean another whole new account(which uses email to login) or a RO account within that email account?

Chrome is a perfectly fine browser, and advising people to shun it is not good advice - particularly since it has the best security record of the major browsers. 

In fact, all the major browsers normally work with the Gravity site, but sometimes one of the browsers installed on a players system will be misbehaving in some way - so we tell them to use a different browser to rule out such weirdness (as browser debugging is beyond the scope of this forum). Some people have said chrome didn't work but IE did, others say the exact opposite. 

In any event, I do not think that this issue is a browser problem, since they were previously able to create accounts, but now they cannot. I think they are being blocked from making more accounts by gravity (possibly there is a limit on how fast one IP can make new accounts?)

Edited by DrAzzy, 28 March 2014 - 12:47 PM.

#4 6694130503044502970

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

@Marona

I'm creating a new account actually. They want their own so.

@DrAzzy

Yeah, IE is not working as well. If anything, it gotten more complicated when i sign up because of the java/adobe prob.. Both are which updated and installed properly in IE.

Using a different browser has not help me as well. What do you reckon  should do next? 

#5 6694130503044502970

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:13 AM

this problem is fixed using a different ip. Thanks to me. LOL. 

You may now close this.

#6 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:26 AM

Chrome is a perfectly fine browser, and advising people to shun it is not good advice - particularly since it has the best security record of the major browsers.

I agree. Chrome is also leading the way in advancing the web by implementing the very latest standards and technologies.

@DrAzzy
Yeah, IE is not working as well. If anything, it gotten more complicated when i sign up because of the java/adobe prob.. Both are which updated and installed properly in IE.

Using a different browser has not help me as well. What do you reckon  should do next?

Like DrAzzy, I also think you've somehow triggered an anti-abuse mechanism that is preventing you from creating any more game accounts. I think the confusing error message you're being presented with is supposed to mean you're forbidden from creating any more game accounts.

By the way, you don't need to install Java to use the WarpPortal web site. Any reference to Java on the site is almost certainly an error due to someone confusing Java with JavaScript, which, despite their similar names, are two completely different things.

Edit:

this problem is fixed using a different ip. Thanks to me. LOL. 

You may now close this.

Haha, I think you've just unwittingly committed ban evasion. Naughty! :lol:

Edited by Axylus, 29 March 2014 - 09:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users