Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

Testing out posting Tiki Tuesday on the CM blog and having it auto-carry the stuff over this way.

This will appear on the forums and here on the blog, so you can see it wherever is most convenient for you.

This week we have a cocktail from the Legendary Trader Vic Begeron, the Trader Vic Grog

Navy Grog

This is a pretty simple to make cocktail, with a little juice and two shots of rum.

Juice of 1 lemon

1 oz unsweetened pineapple juice

1 oz passion fruit syrup

1 dash Angostura bitters

2 oz dark Jamaican rum

Shake with plenty of crushed ice, pour into a short glass, garnish with mint

From Beachbum Berry‘s Grog Log.

Album of the week is perhaps the best jumping off point to appreciation of the Exotica genre of music, Martin Denny’s Quiet Village LP. Recorded in stero, this 1959 record has two of my favorite Exotica songs, Tune From Rangoon and Quiet Village. Both of these capture the exotic feel of a faraway place that only existed in these tunes. You could easily imagine sipping a Mai Ta’i while a house band plays in the background.

#2 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

how much trouble is it to get a player created item introduced into the game... like for instance if a player writes a quest with a headgear as a reward how hard would that be to implement if the headgear was essentially the same as another sprite but with a different color?

how should a player submitted quest be formatted? ( should each step, dialog, npc location, item needed be written out step by step?)

where exactly would one submit a player made quest?

For Renewal we would have to submit the headgear several months in advance to headquarters to get approval and development support to create the hat if it were brand new. Not too sure about how much shorter the process would be if it were a re-color of an existing sprite. 

For quest creation, we have a small group of quest writer volunteers (fungineers) but more recently kRO has been very strict about implementation of quests so it's been difficult to get these done and approved. For Classic we have a freer hand for new quests, though new headgears are difficult to make happen.

Despite these difficulties we do want to get more player driven quest content. 

where can i submit a quest ive written?

Edited by Facekiller, 08 April 2014 - 12:28 PM.

#3 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:44 PM

What is your actual schedule for answering questions in these? "This weeks" thread currently only has 1 response.

#4 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:53 PM

What is your actual schedule for answering questions in these? "This weeks" thread currently only has 1 response.

they answer them on the tiki tuesday livefeed on twitch... they only sometimes write out the answers on the thread

#5 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

Gotta love when information like that is so freely available.

#6 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

Can you guys start answering the questions right at the start or like... tell us in this thread when the question answering starts and answer them all in sucession? I feel like people would actually bother to watch the damn things if I didn't have to skip around for 20 minutes through silence or other things to get to the questions.

I do try to edit the post with the answers before our show starts, but last week had a lot of other stuff going on before the show. 

#7 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

I usually edit posts with the answers to questions on Tuesday before the show starts. 

#8 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:44 PM

I usually edit posts with the answers to questions on Tuesday before the show starts. 

You forget sometimes :( Like the last one! I watch for the answers if that's the case, but I really hate hunting through the video e_e Like at least have a huge noticeable thing like answers time!*~*~*~*~

Not a bad idea to have a title card or timestamp. 

Edited by Oda, 08 April 2014 - 12:05 PM.

#9 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

if nobody enters the coloring contest do i automatically win?

There are already some entries, hold yer horses. 

edit: :p_laugh:

Edited by Facekiller, 08 April 2014 - 12:35 PM.

#10 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:54 AM

No matter where I look, I seriously can't find a link to the supposed streams. Are they not archived?

#11 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:05 AM

No matter where I look, I seriously can't find a link to the supposed streams. Are they not archived?

http://www.twitch.tv.../pastBroadcasts <- vods

#12 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

When I looked on the twitch before, all I saw was TWIR/LPs and Ro2...

#13 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

When I looked on the twitch before, all I saw was TWIR/LPs and Ro2...

Strange, they should be on there http://www.twitch.tv...tal/b/516283934

#14 KillaSpirit

KillaSpirit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

can you buff the duration of box of resentment? :D

We could look at it but we'd have to balance all of the boxes. One minute isn't too bad.  

#15 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

Can we have Greed disabled in Eden Kitchen? Thank you >.<!

You guys are awesome <3

I have been pushing for this. 

#16 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

Any update on this? Or do you guys not know an alternative way yet? 

We are testing this right now. 

As of now we are still unable to get the chaos dispell to work on classic. Unfortunately for now we will have to change the description to reflect this. 

#17 Lizbo

Lizbo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:46 PM

Can we get the headgear Romantic White Flower? I've been wanting it for years!

It does seem to work on Renewal, we'll check it out. 

#18 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

Since the Feudal Lord Permit is supposed to be usable only on the character that acquired it, is it possible to name the permit after the character that does the Amatsu dungeon entrance quest so we don't get them mixed up (e.g. ZeroTigress' Feudal Lord Permit instead of plain Feudal Lord Permit). Kind of a big deal since if you accidentally use the wrong permit on the wrong character, the Amatsu NPC takes it from you and won't give you a chance get another one.

it's something we should be able to do on Classic pretty easily, and will have to look at implementation on Renewal but it would be something we'd like to do. 

#19 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:15 AM

Conversely, add a new state to the quest NPC to let you in after you've received the permit, so you don't need to fumble around with it. I think it'd be the easier implementation for the same result.

#20 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:26 AM

Any chance costumes can be enabled in woe again? ._.

We did experience a performance boost when these were disabled so it is not likely for the time being. 

#21 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

how much trouble is it to get a player created item introduced into the game... like for instance if a player writes a quest with a headgear as a reward how hard would that be to implement if the headgear was essentially the same as another sprite but with a different color?
how should a player submitted quest be formatted? ( should each step, dialog, npc location, item needed be written out step by step?)
where exactly would one submit a player made quest?

i REALLY wanna ask about this last month, but what i had in mind is that the community team would arrange quest writing challenge EVERY month for the event that will happen TWO months in advance (i.e christmas quest challenge will be held in october)

and since it's a challenge, guys from the gm/developer team can set the restrictions or theme (including duration, dungeons/cities that should be visited, monsters that should be killed, basically most of the stuffs) as well as decide the reward, both for the quest completion and exclusive one for the writer

---
also, headset costume

EDIT: oh, how's rebellion coming? any updates? smallest one? no?

Costumes for ultra-rare promo headgears is an interesting situation. On the one hand this would allow people to get the appearance at least of the headgears that they otherwise would not be able to get, on the other hand for people who have those ultra rare headgears I could see it being frustrating for them too. Probably the optimal thing would be for us to request a recolored costume version. 

No updates on Rebellion yet, we have to assume it's pretty far down the road. 

Edited by Oda, 08 April 2014 - 12:40 PM.

#22 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

Can we get Mental Pots in the cash shop because it is hardly a main selling point of the boxes and if I remember correctly it is in the cash shop on its own on kRO.

At this time it is not planned to be a stand alone but this could change in the future. 

#23 Antra

Antra

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:00 AM

Hi I have a few questions for renewal

1. Will the homunculus intimacy system ever be reworked? To be gene is way faster than get a loyal homu to evolve it. And if you want the ultimate skill it takes forever to reach it.

2. Lord of death in Niflheim does not drop a tomb when he is defeated. Is this a bug or planned this way?

3. Is it possible to rework Thanatos Tower to make it possible for a single person to climb it? Maybe for 3rd class only. But to do the 120-130 eden quest is simply not possible because you don't find enough ppl to go to the level where the quest are.
4. Can you please increase the number of mobs for TI high? Its hardly possible to do the quest in 30min on this big map with that less mobs.

We will check LOD to see if there is an issue. For the High TI we will look at changing the map but don't always count on the map being super dense. For the other questions that is up to kRO for implementation. 

#24 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:58 AM

Any interesting information that isn't in the patch update notes for this week?

Announced an exp event, meeting with kRO will be tonight I believe. 

Ninja skill animation fixes?

No progress on that one yet. 

Any changes to Guild Supply Boxes for things like items you obtain from them or where they drop.

Always possible to change in the future, I always pass along reasonable suggestions. 

Is Iro capable of altering class skills or buffs in any way?  Like take a sure thing and turn it into a 80% chance or 80% protection from a skill or effect?

A lot of class skill and buff effects are part of the exe of the game/unable to be modified without being able to tear apart and put the client back together. 

#25 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:59 AM

Hi I have a few questions for renewal

1. Will the homunculus intimacy system ever be reworked? To be gene is way faster than get a loyal homu to evolve it. And if you want the ultimate skill it takes forever to reach it.
2. Lord of death in Niflheim does not drop a tomb when he is defeated. Is this a bug or planned this way?
3. Is it possible to rework Thanatos Tower to make it possible for a single person to climb it? Maybe for 3rd class only. But to do the 120-130 eden quest is simply not possible because you don't find enough ppl to go to the level where the quest are.
4. Can you please increase the number of mobs for TI high? Its hardly possible to do the quest in 30min on this big map with that less mobs.

3- The reason this is an issue on iRO is because of the when we got the updates you should of been able to climb Thanatos Tower on your own way before the update which gives you a quest there, I'm sure someone mentioned this last week too and they said they would ask kRO to see if this is the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users