skininfo_new.lua:219 error - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

skininfo_new.lua:219 error

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Zaqar

Zaqar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

I get am getting SkinInfo_New.lua:219 attempt to call global 'C_isSteamOn' (a nil value) error after I click play from the patcher.

This is after a clean full reinstall with restarts upon removal. Worked fine this morning before the re install and now all my back up saves of game and a new download from the main site gives me this too. I've done the run in admin of all exe and the patcher exe which I found in a old post supposed to resovle C_isSteamon errors but does nothing and reinstalled some microsoft C++ updates on a whim suggested from something else I've read.

#2 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:48 PM

Open the file in the IRO client folder named Patchup.exe.

#3 Zaqar

Zaqar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:17 PM

already ran patchup exe in admin  what happend is a normal looking patcher poped up if pick play after fully patch i get an ragexe error. If I close out after using patchup exe then go to regular launcher I still get the 219 error.

Did another new clean download install as admin same problem.

Not going through steam(not a steam registered acc) for anything download is from the main site

Going to try messing with comparability settings

Edit: further clarification

Edited by Zaqar, 05 April 2014 - 04:52 PM.

#4 Zaqar

Zaqar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:37 AM

Update works now.

What was done run everything in admin: Downloaded client through steam, find ragnarok folder in steam ran patchup.exe (I have a non steam acc), fully patch close client, open ragnarok.exe click play, ragexe.exe error close everything, open ragnarok.exe client has changed click ok, create shortcut to desktop, and everything works.

So have to play through the steam folder all the downloads through warpportal site directly still give me SkinInfo_New.lua:219 attempt to call global 'C_isSteamOn' (a nil value)

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:00 AM

Update works now.

What was done run everything in admin: Downloaded client through steam, find ragnarok folder in steam ran patchup.exe (I have a non steam acc), fully patch close client, open ragnarok.exe click play, ragexe.exe error close everything, open ragnarok.exe client has changed click ok, create shortcut to desktop, and everything works.

So have to play through the steam folder all the downloads through warpportal site directly still give me SkinInfo_New.lua:219 attempt to call global 'C_isSteamOn' (a nil value)

There should be no difference with the steam version.

Could it be that....

Normal install goes into program files, while steam goes outside of program files, and either windows or your antivirus program is locking down program files, and blocking patchup from doing what it needs to do (It's trying to delete Ragnarok.exe and rename itself to Ragnarok.exe. This behavior sometimes gets a false positive on AV programs, because it looks kinda like a virus replacing a legit program with a copy of itself)?

A few generally useful links related to this:

Also - here's the patchup that needs to be run. 

http://drazzy.com/patch/Patchup.exe

Or you can replace Ragnarok.exe with this version:

http://drazzy.com/patch/Ragnarok.exe 

Or you can move/rename Ragnarok.exe in your RO folder, and rename Patchup.exe to Ragnarok.exe

#6 DarkSlayerRose

DarkSlayerRose

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:06 PM

haveing the same problem so far none of your fixs listed here work and the two files that where linked are just age warnings with blank white back grounds  i have made sure of everything there is something wrong with the program i just don't know how to fix it

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:29 PM

haveing the same problem so far none of your fixs listed here work and the two files that where linked are just age warnings with blank white back grounds  i have made sure of everything there is something wrong with the program i just don't know how to fix it

Something on your computer is blocking my website. This is also probably interfering with the patcher, and may be causing some of these problems in the first place. 

#8 DarkSlayerRose

DarkSlayerRose

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

ok i have removed most of the stuffthat could be causeing the problem i am going to try again and will post my findings in the hold that it will help you or others i will keep ya posted

#9 DarkSlayerRose

DarkSlayerRose

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:10 PM

yup same issue i get to sign in once and it works fine i sign out and try to restart the game and boom skininfo_new.lua:219 error try to run the patcher and BOOM cannot connect to sever  rename files and move them same thing tried to run the links here and get the samething as before

#10 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

yup same issue i get to sign in once and it works fine i sign out and try to restart the game and boom skininfo_new.lua:219 error try to run the patcher and BOOM cannot connect to sever  rename files and move them same thing tried to run the links here and get the samething as before

IdWjwAX.png

If you open the file Ragnarok.exe or Patchup.exe and see the above window, then it's because the file is in the wrong folder. You must put the file in the IRO client installation folder, which is located at C:\Gravity\Ragnarok Online by default. However, in almost all cases, you don't need to download any files to resolve this problem; you simply need to navigate to your client folder in File Explorer/Windows Explorer and then open the file Patchup.exe.

Edited by Axylus, 08 April 2014 - 05:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users