127 replies to this topic

#1 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

Alteris you told us that "you had heard our cries" and that the "horrendous" abuse of the pk shields would be fixed with the next update (the Frostblade update over a month ago).  I hope you understand that nobody is paying top dollar so they can make +30 gear to pve or kill a freaking raid boss.   The vast majority of the $$$ this game pulls in for you is the e-pride pvp spenders.  

Countless complaints have been made over this and Ive seen at least 10 large cashcows quit the game because of this pathetic system, it has destroyed open world pvp.  I know the wheels turn slowly at Gravity but c'mon man, we've been complaining about this for months and months and you made it abundantly clear that youre aware of the problem and that youre going to fix it.  I'm not saying that you should remove them (though I wish you would), I'm saying that you should do what you said you were going to do (restrict their time limit).  

If you're running into problems doing that, I would like to suggest simply making the pk shields like the daily PD and TD quests for keys where youre allotted one pk shield and one shield removal per day.  This seems like a better solution because even with a 60 second time frame in the bag, people can just camp the pk shield vendor in alban and spam pk shields just the same as before.

If you do decide to implement the 60 second time limit on the protections/removals, then I emplore you to move the pk shield NPCs to the outskirts of towns (especially trifri and alban) or it will make the 60 second time limit a mild inconvenience to the spammers rather than a solution to the problem.

Just do something...jesus

Do it. 

#2 Nerthu

Nerthu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:49 PM

pk shield is bull-_-. many of them use it just to ks allways. best as at jugger. we pull him and sutch a shielder come and ks. i said he is a pussy and wear shield. answer from him: i use becouse i get allways pk at jugger.

meby dont ks? and shield is a good items for all this  bots. nice job gravity.

#3 warjat69

warjat69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:somewhere over the raibow

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:44 AM

Join FOC there is no PK shield there.

#4 Nerthu

Nerthu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:19 AM

to say pk is same like pvp is as would i say reqq is same like gw2

#5 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:03 AM

or just make ppl choose when they log (as you can select server), select pk or not pk  for 1 day...so no more shields and so on... you will be bound to your choice...

#6 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:00 PM

or just make ppl choose when they log (as you can select server), select pk or not pk  for 1 day...so no more shields and so on... you will be bound to your choice...

This is also a viable option especially because most toons are geared for either pvp or pve so youre usually making the decision anyway.  It would be necessary however to make it so that people in either pvp or non pvp state could still join the same party because its already hard enough to organize raids without people being unable to join because of their pvp state.  The problem that would in turn pose is that people in non-pvp state could join pt with people in pvp state and buff/heal them with no consequence.  I still feel that the shield/removal system is necessary however it needs to be modified.

Its really getting out of hand, shameless fools are dual logging rangers and using pk shields on them, spamming stealth detect while they follow them with their mains on a flying mount.  They then simply remove shield from ranger, fire one shot to unstealth, then re-shield and attack with main.  Its pathetic.  Oh and then there are the ones who use shield, precast aoes on top of you, remove shield, hostile you, then go pb and kill you in like 2 seconds.

Systems broke.

#7 MacMad

MacMad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:41 AM

Do it. 

tumblrinlinems5lnxdehfa.gif

#8 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:15 AM

Im afraid they have moved on and are now discussing skill  changes. An Another fail swept under rug  / ignored

#9 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:48 AM

Probably coz the "dev" team has no idea how to fix the problem.

#10 Fudd

Fudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3714 posts
  • LocationInfinity
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:The stable one

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:45 AM

lovely

#11 bascuthach

bascuthach

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Server:Triffi

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

what if they where given a cool down timer, cant remove for 5 minutes after putting one on as well as cant put one on 5 minutes after taking one off

#12 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

what if they where given a cool down timer, cant remove for 5 minutes after putting one on as well as cant put one on 5 minutes after taking one off

Then you could still charge a pb and be just as much of a pain, extend that to an hour and then we're talking.

#13 Trollop

Trollop

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:01 PM

Babyyy pleeeaseee don't take the shields.

I don't pvp, just pvm, and the shields saved this game for me personally.  

#14 KraizerReziark

KraizerReziark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:The one that works

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:30 PM

How is it destroying PvP? It's not our fault gravity decided to merge a pvp and a pve server. Besides, the pvp here is a joke and the fact that you take it this seriously is pathetic lol.

You don't like the shields because it prevents you from endlessly camping someone, which is also pathetic.

The best solution at this point is to move the Nova server client side as a PvE server and remove the pk shields from Trifri. but hey, since when has Gravity done anything logical?

Edited by KraizerReziark, 21 April 2014 - 12:34 PM.

#15 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:33 PM

Yeah, give us back 2 servers.

#16 Mykey

Mykey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1607 posts
  • LocationPrypiat
  • Server:Prypiat

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

LOL.  Just another broken promise caused by a broken feature of a broken game.

#17 Vulcano

Vulcano

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3907 posts
  • LocationPortugal
  • Server:Nova/trifrri server

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

Join FOC there is no PK shield there.

there is afk

#18 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

How is it destroying PvP? It's not our fault gravity decided to merge a pvp and a pve server. Besides, the pvp here is a joke and the fact that you take it this seriously is pathetic lol.

You don't like the shields because it prevents you from endlessly camping someone, which is also pathetic.

The best solution at this point is to move the Nova server client side as a PvE server and remove the pk shields from Trifri. but hey, since when has Gravity done anything logical?

Sounds like youve been abused lol, that must be rough.  No, I just enjoy legit and fair pvp (granted there is great inbalance) but the spamability of the shields prevents that.  Im gonna go out on a limb and say you didnt even read my post and you just thought youd rage at me for being against pk shields.   Had you read it, you would have seen that im not asking for them to be removed, im asking for them to be made unspammable.  That way the players like yourself who are so obviously upset by pk (lel..) can go ahead and permashield for fear of pixel damage. 

The problem is people who actively pk and use the shields in order to protect themselves from getting finished off.   They get some cheap shots in, use shield, laugh, charge a pb, aoe on you, remove shield, kill you, reshield, repeat.  Pk shields are needed on trifri server because valdes people didnt sign up for an open world pvp game and that should be respected.  Some of these people spent a lot of money on toons to casually play around with and go to battlegrounds.  Sure I think most of us want two or more servers back but lets face it, thats not gonna happen till we get dumped on RU servers.

#19 KraizerReziark

KraizerReziark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:38 PM

Sounds like youve been abused lol, that must be rough.  No, I just enjoy legit and fair pvp (granted there is great inbalance) but the spamability of the shields prevents that.  Im gonna go out on a limb and say you didnt even read my post and you just thought youd rage at me for being against pk shields.   Had you read it, you would have seen that im not asking for them to be removed, im asking for them to be made unspammable.  That way the players like yourself who are so obviously upset by pk (lel..) can go ahead and permashield for fear of pixel damage. 

The problem is people who actively pk and use the shields in order to protect themselves from getting finished off.   They get some cheap shots in, use shield, laugh, charge a pb, aoe on you, remove shield, kill you, reshield, repeat.  Pk shields are needed on trifri server because valdes people didnt sign up for an open world pvp game and that should be respected.  Some of these people spent a lot of money on toons to casually play around with and go to battlegrounds.  Sure I think most of us want two or more servers back but lets face it, thats not gonna happen till we get dumped on RU servers.

Actually, I've used the shields maybe 8 times total :)

I'm not raging though! Besides, I didn't say you said to remove them. Shields are hardly spammed with the last update to them. They are not an issue. You cant change everything just because of a few bad apples.. look where that's gotten us.

Edited by KraizerReziark, 21 April 2014 - 07:42 PM.

#20 xSweetDreamsx

xSweetDreamsx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:43 AM

PK shield should be like 1 day click, you get 1 shield a day and when you take it off goodluck to you, this would stop it being spammable. I would also like to see cresent and ST become pk zones, why not? this isnt a pk server ok i get it but its also not a pve server so gives us some zones and then the boys might grow some balls and fight back instead of crying, im not scared, are you? :)

#21 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:46 AM

Actually, I've used the shields maybe 8 times total :)

I'm not raging though! Besides, I didn't say you said to remove them. Shields are hardly spammed with the last update to them. They are not an issue. You cant change everything just because of a few bad apples.. look where that's gotten us.

What last update? The update that never actually happened? There where no changes made at all. As for not being abused anymore.... are you on nova server? Cause anyone lvl 85-90 standing in alban on Triffi can clearly see its being abused consistently by the majority of us. Its like a sickness its spreading. Once u have someone spam it to pk you it has a knock on effect. You your self start doing it to in order to stand a chance.

Edited by BumblefootV7, 22 April 2014 - 07:47 AM.

#22 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:07 AM

PK shield should be like 1 day click, you get 1 shield a day and when you take it off goodluck to you, this would stop it being spammable. I would also like to see cresent and ST become pk zones, why not? this isnt a pk server ok i get it but its also not a pve server so gives us some zones and then the boys might grow some balls and fight back instead of crying, im not scared, are you? :)

This

What last update? The update that never actually happened? There where no changes made at all. As for not being abused anymore.... are you on nova server? Cause anyone lvl 85-90 standing in alban on Triffi can clearly see its being abused consistently by the majority of us. Its like a sickness its spreading. Once u have someone spam it to pk you it has a knock on effect. You your self start doing it to in order to stand a chance.

This

#23 Xaptor7

Xaptor7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Amerifail
  • Server:Lintra

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:43 PM

solly jesus r no help u

#24 KraizerReziark

KraizerReziark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:43 PM

I spend most of my time idling in Trifri and Alban and have yet to see this kind of abuse. Perhaps I'm on at the wrong times but this is the first I've heard of it. If it's that big of an issue, just disable the use of them while in combat mode.

Whoops, I thought that change was made o.o, my bad.

Edited by KraizerReziark, 22 April 2014 - 02:52 PM.

#25 cwilbur

cwilbur

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Server:Trifi

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

you guys cry too much about it, if you dont like it, pk someome else that doesnt have a sheild or go play something else, i mean really, you are not the only people who want to enjoy the game, and not everyone likes to pvp. i dont care if you dont like my comments on this its my opinion and i could care less what anyone thinks. it's a stupid pointless subject that wont get answered because more players will QQ about being pkd than will QQ about not being able to pk low level players. end of discussion

*Most Sincerely And Not Regretably*

~KrissiMrsPrissy420@AmityvilleToaster.net~

Edited by cwilbur, 23 April 2014 - 09:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users