Patch Notes 4/23: Stat Balance, Anniversary, and Kafra Update - Page 3 - Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 4/23: Stat Balance, Anniversary, and Kafra Update

317 replies to this topic

#51 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

about stats reset, they might just go ahead and reset us all in the end :v

That would be great if they did that AND gave us one reset scroll, that way there can be a little experimentation done before deciding.

#52 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

Everyone has a defense cap at 75% after that it just gives diminishing returns. I think I understand what he's talking about, being that everyone can have such high defense still. I'm not entirely dissatisfied with how our increased HIT affects the def/dodge/parry. Did some battles in and out of Osiris gear with +18 on my jacket and I wasn't upset. Seems pretty good so far. Now I'm sure there is going to be room for some improvement here and there but I think these Stats are a huge step in the right direction.

1) def cap 99% (needs 65k def)

2) dps classes facerolling with 50%+ def and if they refine 1 gear to +20 they have 68% + def (depends which piece refine)
There is little to no difference between a "Tank" and "Dps".
Except hp buff + threath generation.

3) Any class can solo anything if want to thanks to high def + hp plus the new gears will boost that def higher when they will come.

Who needs a tank when you can solo eveything?

Edited by PandeeChio, 22 April 2014 - 07:10 PM.

#53 SumPsychoChic

SumPsychoChic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationAthens, Ga

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

This patch is all about the related stat-based changes they are envisioning. Further updates they said (such as skill updates) are scheduled for future patches.

Yeah, but that same notice is on top of the other thread too and they are both dated tomorrow...

#54 Suweeka

Suweeka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

This patch is all about the related stat-based changes they are envisioning. Further updates they said (such as skill updates) are scheduled for future patches.

Wait, I don't get it then. How come that other thread was named 4/23 patch with content regarding skill balancing, if the actual 4/23 update isn't going to contain skill balancing?

Am I missing something here?

Edited by Suweeka, 22 April 2014 - 07:13 PM.

#55 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:14 PM

I don't get it then. How come that other thread was named 4/23 patch with content regarding skill balancing, if the actual 4/23 update isn't going to contain skill balancing?

Most likely decided to post pone it.

Maybe 1) Adding both changes same time could make some class way over unbalanced with favor to the new stats.

Maybe 2) they need to work on skills still

Skill and stat reset when logged in plus resets in temp box please?

I don't get it then. How come that other thread was named 4/23 patch with content regarding skill balancing, if the actual 4/23 update isn't going to contain skill balancing?

Most likely decided to post pone it.

Maybe 1) Adding both changes same time could make some class way over unbalanced with favor to the new stats.

Skill and stat reset when logged in plus resets in temp box please?

#56 BaalMardikt

BaalMardikt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:17 PM

Patch Notes 2/23

A. Class Balance: Character stats have been balanced

i. New Stats

Spoiler

So... This is the "supposed" Balance??

Read under your OWN RISK:

Spoiler

This is how we are supposed to be back to the "Main Tank" tittle??? Sure, we have Hit... Wow... This is Awesome... FINALLY!!! But, you stole Our PARRY!! I hope that the "Shield Bonus" to be worthy...

1 Year has passed.... 1 YEAR! We still are looking for the REAL Build of the Knight...

27 STR - 2 AGI - 51 VIT

51 STR - 27 AGI - 2 VIT

41 STR - 41 AGI

Balanced

Hybrid (Off-tank/DPS)

Now we're even Using INT in the Build, thanks to Battle Tactics we had the Chance to be SOMETHING in this game... Now we're supposed to go back to STR/VIT to lose our Deadly Crits and Dodge/Hit.

So, if this is the Final decision... "Make it worth".

#57 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:21 PM

^ That is what we were told.

#58 hxinen

hxinen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Server:-retired-

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:31 PM

This just added add up...

Card Designated Synthesis Papers Bundle Box (5 pcs)        800 KP 600 KP (25% off) Card Designated Synthesis 200 KP 100 KP (50% off)

#59 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

For the Event Random Boxes being given away, they are a part of Doppios 1 Year Anniversary Event you can enter here.

#60 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

So... This is the "supposed" Balance??

Read under your OWN RISK:

Spoiler

This is how we are supposed to be back to the "Main Tank" tittle??? Sure, we have Hit... Wow... This is Awesome... FINALLY!!! But, you stole Our PARRY!! I hope that the "Shield Bonus" to be worthy...

1 Year has passed.... 1 YEAR! We still are looking for the REAL Build of the Knight...
27 STR - 2 AGI - 51 VIT
51 STR - 27 AGI - 2 VIT
41 STR - 41 AGI
Balanced
Hybrid (Off-tank/DPS)

Now we're even Using INT in the Build, thanks to Battle Tactics we had the Chance to be SOMETHING in this game... Now we're supposed to go back to STR/VIT to lose our Deadly Crits and Dodge/Hit.

So, if this is the Final decision... "Make it worth".

Are you sure you aren't a warrior?
I see a lot of rage :v

Better lvl that Rage control lol.

18% attack power buff (if its Min-Max thats a lot of dmg to be made, if attack power meh :v)

10% dmg mitigation = 15%dmg mitigation(with aura armor) plus armor runes (extra 1-20+ def mitigation) not worth it? Did i mention more stats? Or that class benefit gives knights extra 1-1,5k def (for now) but you lost a bit hp(your still OP)

In the end it affects all classes too you know :v

#61 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:37 PM

Please remember that this patch is about the stats...

And the only ones they will ever make public this obviously will be the Base stats.

There is a high chance that sub-stats such as Vigor/Haste/Cast Speed/Defense/Parry/Hit/Dodge will be affected underwater, changing the formulas so they will actually require more points even to get as high as we had them until today...

Vigor is known to require a 50% more, DEF may share the same fate.

#62 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

Please remember that this patch is about the stats...

And the only ones they will ever make public this obviously will be the Base stats.

There is a high chance that sub-stats such as Vigor/Haste/Cast Speed/Defense/Parry/Hit/Dodge will be affected underwater, changing the formulas so they will actually require more points even to get as high as we had them until today...

Vigor is known to require a 50% more, DEF may share the same fate.

Well....about that xD  Not so much "underwater" as you are about to find out in the morning.  Those have all visibly changed on our gears, can't say how much for each class since I don't play all of them.  So when we say this patch is really all about the Stats, like you said, it's REALLY about the stats, everything on all gears has been shuffled around, some lowered, others raised, different stats added to gears and removing stats as well.

#63 TinyOwl

TinyOwl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

Its okay that SM weapon decreases and stuff, but our stats are lowered drastically (from 4 -->1?!). Not that this class was ever too strong. Thank you. No more please. Porings might hurt me (not mentioning the other classes who get boost, they will smash us :D)

#64 lokasenna

lokasenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:01 PM

Its okay that SM weapon decreases and stuff, but our stats are lowered drastically (from 4 -->1?!). Not that this class was ever too strong. Thank you. No more please. Porings might hurt me (not mentioning the other classes who get boost, they will smash us :D)

I can finally kill you by either capture mallet or throwing a poring at your head. Thanks Gravity!

50% vigor nerf though ;_; rip seal explosion/teleport

#65 BaalMardikt

BaalMardikt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

Are you sure you aren't a warrior?
I see a lot of rage :v

Better lvl that Rage control lol.
<-1

18% attack power buff (if its Min-Max thats a lot of dmg to be made, if attack power meh :v) <-2

10% dmg mitigation = 15%dmg mitigation(with aura armor) plus armor runes (extra 1-20+ def mitigation) not worth it? Did i mention more stats? Or that class benefit gives knights extra 1-1,5k def (for now) but you lost a bit hp(your still OP) <-3

In the end it affects all classes too you know :v <-3

1.- Thanks for your comment, it makes me drop my "Rage face" and laugh a bit with that XD, really...

2.- Yeah, that's a good point... (I was tired of read that 2 single daggers were more deadly than a Sword, even if it was 1h).

3.-OP?? Since when? The Only Op's are our VRC's: D3ATHNOTE and Tiduspeco, they're Op... The rest are just Dust under their "Osiris Plated Boots".

4.- Yeah, I know that... But C'mon, every Class has at least 1 Perfect Build (the next deppends on who and How they're using it).

And I couldn't understand that about 10% = 15%... The Dmg Reduction is still poor, same with "Aura Shield" and "Shield Fortress" (Even BM have a better Dmg Reduction Skill). Def and Dmg Red are nothing for Knights now, bro... Same with Threat, Bosses doesn't care about Threat, they just attack the "Main Threat" and uses their Over-powered Skills in another random Pj in the Party (True Story).

#66 samsam2610

samsam2610

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts

Finally, Tiny, finally  :p_devil:  :p_devil:

#67 FluffyMiyu

FluffyMiyu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Nom nom nom

At the end of the day, stats from skills and gears shall overwhelm this. It isn't really about stat but what those stat can give you, that includes growth.

People still playing this? Pfft.. I got an email, and it says "this game is still alive", literally.... lol.

#68 samsam2610

samsam2610

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

At the end of the day, stats from skills and gears shall overwhelm this. It isn't really about stat but what those stat can give you, that includes growth.

People still playing this? Pfft.. I got an email, and it says "this game is still alive", literally.... lol.

"Chatting room" would be a more accurate term than "game" :pif:  

#69 hxinen

hxinen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Server:-retired-

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

#70 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:25 PM

1.- Thanks for your comment, it makes me drop my "Rage face" and laugh a bit with that XD, really...
2.- Yeah, that's a good point... (I was tired of read that 2 single daggers were more deadly than a Sword, even if it was 1h).
3.-OP?? Since when? The Only Op's are our VRC's: D3ATHNOTE and Tiduspeco, they're Op... The rest are just Dust under their "Osiris Plated Boots".
4.- Yeah, I know that... But C'mon, every Class has at least 1 Perfect Build (the next deppends on who and How they're using it).

And I couldn't understand that about 10% = 15%... The Dmg Reduction is still poor, same with "Aura Shield" and "Shield Fortress" (Even BM have a better Dmg Reduction Skill). Def and Dmg Red are nothing for Knights now, bro... Same with Threat, Bosses doesn't care about Threat, they just attack the "Main Threat" and uses their Over-powered Skills in another random Pj in the Party (True Story).

My guildmate has a tad lower stats on osiris knight gears (around same bluseeds and in PvP almost all time i win (with 5-10% hp left) and thats not when that pkayer crits lol ( 2 hits critted on shield cannon = 25k dmg \o/ (last one missed THANK GOD!!!)

To saying that if players depend on crit dmg means that it just fails because of a random "lovely" number "fail" generator, its like betting your own life and to trade that with poop.

And lowering crit now means you still achieve that 30%+ on next "best" gears

Dmg boost to knights yay~

And for the dmg reduction that reduction is all time in use (aslong you equip that shield lol) thats 10% dmg mitigation all time added your own skills (70% dmg reduction) thats alot.
Bm dmg reduction is a skill (hes not all time indestructible and cant do anything while using it)

Knights are more dreaded now if they male that dmg increase to Min-Max and will be alot more tougher to deal with :D

More dmg = more threath = much more threath in tank mode

Shield fortress ability affects whole party(if there was a limit to how far) so that "op" attack can be negated with knights very own signature skill

Thanks to 20+ skill points everyone are the same "wannabe perfect" skill build. If youd had 50 then therebwouldnt be perfect cause they would have to choose to spec on 1 side (pvp? Pve? Hybrid?(but you lose effectiveness on both)

Edited by PandeeChio, 22 April 2014 - 08:31 PM.

#71 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:34 PM

I like a lot when people rage on a part of the patch that nerf his cara and ignore the part where his cara is empowered lol. I'll wait tonight to see the real changes since there is no way to have a complete patch note whit every things that were changed, i guess it would be too long to write all 0_0

Edited by Shinyusuke, 22 April 2014 - 09:06 PM.

#72 SpiTFirE23

SpiTFirE23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:55 PM

time to make a new  char CRES class now! OP YEY

Edited by SpiTFirE23, 22 April 2014 - 08:56 PM.

#73 BaalMardikt

BaalMardikt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

My guildmate has a tad lower stats on osiris knight gears (around same bluseeds and in PvP almost all time i win (with 5-10% hp left) and thats not when that pkayer crits lol ( 2 hits critted on shield cannon = 25k dmg \o/ (last one missed THANK GOD!!!)

To saying that if players depend on crit dmg means that it just fails because of a random "lovely" number "fail" generator, its like betting your own life and to trade that with poop.

And lowering crit now means you still achieve that 30%+ on next "best" gears

Dmg boost to knights yay~

And for the dmg reduction that reduction is all time in use (aslong you equip that shield lol) thats 10% dmg mitigation all time added your own skills (70% dmg reduction) thats alot.
Bm dmg reduction is a skill (hes not all time indestructible and cant do anything while using it)

Knights are more dreaded now if they male that dmg increase to Min-Max and will be alot more tougher to deal with :D

More dmg = more threath = much more threath in tank mode

Shield fortress ability affects whole party(if there was a limit to how far) so that "op" attack can be negated with knights very own signature skill

Thanks to 20+ skill points everyone are the same "wannabe perfect" skill build. If youd had 50 then therebwouldnt be perfect cause they would have to choose to spec on 1 side (pvp? Pve? Hybrid?(but you lose effectiveness on both)

You earned my trust...

And, as TinyOwl said: " I'll wait tonight to see the real changes"...

#74 kedaotau

kedaotau

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationBuon Ma Thuot, Viet Nam

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:22 PM

Need more info about

VIP Membership Card 1st year anniv.

#75 IchiNiSan

IchiNiSan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:23 PM

Cres's Mermaid/researcher lv 4 will 1 shot every boss in this game :v.

Edited by IchiNiSan, 22 April 2014 - 09:23 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users