woe situation in renewal - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

woe situation in renewal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
311 replies to this topic

#26 s3nd0

s3nd0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1132 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:07 AM

But that's the thing, when you guys had that 4 guild alliance you guys sized up well against us, matter of fact had us on our heels the whole woe!!

ah,sorry,kev wont let me post those so i had to delete them xD

#27 LivinLyfe

LivinLyfe

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 970 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:11 AM

LOL

I wasn't gonna post anything but it's not our alliance' fault that the server can't work together for a common goal. There are plenty of guilds on this server to maximize numbers, so no excuses on why anyone can't form a 2nd alliance.

#28 s3nd0

s3nd0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1132 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:14 AM

LOL

I wasn't gonna post anything but it's not our alliance' fault that the server can't work together for a common goal. There are plenty of guilds on this server to maximize numbers, so no excuses on why anyone can't form a 2nd alliance.

exactly my point, if i am in Ani's position,i would do the same thing they are doing. But making an alliance needs every guild leader share a same vision, but ye, it wasnt happening.

#29 FlyingOctopus

FlyingOctopus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:15 AM

Sorry going to let you know something the woe scene is messed up due to a guild

Lyc was trying to make an alliance to fight Ani but it was not happening cause of an leaders decision to stay a solo guild

So it was lyc and smokies we'll being outnumbered and spending supply's to fund this is annoying

So us at lyc are letting this happen we broke guild remade as a troll guild no ally's letting this server get worse till this happend the rest of the server opens there eyes and can see what's going on

Sorry but I say let's keep this going and become yamir cause someone can't see past there ego

When the rest of the server is rdy to help fight lyc will remake and help lead fight against Ani until them we will keep practice our organization and wait for you guys

As a former guild leader I tried to stay small guild to give some lower end guilds some fun but all those guilds are now absorbed into bigger ones rip to small guilds rip immaculate

No names to keep flame down

this is actually true. When LYC, Smokies, and LR were allied they broke animosity's econ and they held their own econ without much trouble and only broken it when they burned it themselves (cuz they made all their asprikas lol) If they all ally up again then imo it would be easy to break animosity's econ considering 2 woes ago LR broke both of CS's econs forts within the first 20 minutes of woe

OR they should just disable all god items and all MVP cards like someone else said lol make it like kRO xD

#30 celestience

celestience

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1080 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:23 AM

this is actually true. When LYC, Smokies, and LR were allied they broke animosity's econ and they held their own econ without much trouble and only broken it when they burned it themselves (cuz they made all their asprikas lol) If they all ally up again then imo it would be easy to break animosity's econ considering 2 woes ago LR broke both of CS's econs forts within the first 20 minutes of woe

OR they should just disable all god items and all MVP cards like someone else said lol make it like kRO xD

yup, afaik that woe LR took sinergia's econ and smokies took CS's econ leaving only nid 2. wonder if this saturday's woe is going to be interesting.

#31 firewind

firewind

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:27 AM

Guys the problem is not ally. the problem is the Overpowered gear like MVP cards or GLs. Example RK with DB TAO or Ranger with Thana can kill over half Memeber from a Middle/High Guild

#32 slwl1

slwl1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:31 AM

the problem can also be ally as if animosity does not want a dead server they should deally too

#33 s3nd0

s3nd0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1132 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:33 AM

Pls realise mvp cards is not the major problem, even you dont get to use any mvp cards,you still can play your classes very effective under a support role.

#34 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:59 AM

Gear without skill, is worse than skill without gear.

despite popular belief, animosity (I think i can name drop? cause im in it?) is not full of mvps and gods. Case in point. the 1-2 months that animosity transferred to valk, (before the eventual merger) they could only bring over woe sets, no mvps or gods. they still went toe to toe with the best guilds of valk server. 

Here's a suggestion: Instead of playing hero time characters, sending suras in to castle to GoH and fist people, how about you guys learn how to play as a cohesive unit. Learn about your class, and play as a team. 

I see sura's prioritizing killing, over mass CCs, i see genetics Acid bombing???? What happened to the old fashioned, organize your parties around the OP geared people, like give your TT bows or SS bows, or hibram chars sacrifice?

this game has been out for a long time. there is information and resources out there for you to maximize potential of any class. Im sure there are number crunchers out there, that love this game and want to know more about this game.

Im sure all of us here love to play this game. Why not develop your interest further by educating yourself on how to play this game better, how to defeat greater numbers than you with the least amount of casualty?

Just look at animo's promo vid. the first clip with the triple CC action, that was all done without gods/mvps. To a huge alliance 3x their numbers  And what they're doing is not a secret. CC -> DPS. 

It doesn't take items to make a guild good. It takes organization. It takes people knowing what to do and where to go. I could have all the gods/mvps in the world, but if i die first, or die easily, im not making an impact. 

All i hear in this thread is QQ game too hard. Nerf items and animosity because i want to win. 

#35 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:00 AM

Pls realise mvp cards is not the major problem, even you dont get to use any mvp cards,you still can play your classes very effective under a support role.

^This.

Believe me, MvPs and Gods does not make up for the lack of experience to use them properly...

A good example was when we had A2S. We were just a few people and we ended up holding our ground against big guilds without a problem... somehow Dead Server does that as well with a 20 people guild.

But going against 1 guild that has enough people to have 2 recallers (in fact, 2 guilds in 1) and then 2 more extra guilds is something that a single guild, less 20 people, can handle...

Alliance VS Alliance is the way to go... but sadly, certain "guild" (or perhaps guild leader?) do not see this as viable option hence why LYC breaking up was the only option in order for the server to realize how bad the WoE situation is.

The other problem is definitely the lag... we saw that last time Anim+Anim+CS+Mexi fought LYC+Smokies+LR in Nid 2....

Even thou it was not that hard to pass through their emp defense, the lag played... again, an important role... again... >_>

Giving players that missing timing, connection errors and several other problems, made it extra difficult to react against Gundam's barrage (SDs) and Stasis Slaves (yes, since everyone can dual play now, is quite common to see +20 ppl or so dualing mechs and warlocks slaves).

Perhaps that's another reason why a big alliance was not kept to fight Anim alliance... I mean, who wants to fight with all that lag and against that many Mechs/Warlock (SD/Stasis) slaves in a laggy castle when, by common knowledge, that would benefit the defenders?

#36 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:04 AM

The only difference i see with animosity compared to the other guilds out there, is that if we get beaten, we're not QQing, we're planning on ways that we can improve our performance. We're brainstorming new ideas to try out, seeing if there is a way to beat the opposition. 

What happened to that mentality? 

Are people really that depressing? it just seems to me that the mentality and the overall attitude is that the opposition doesn't care about this game nearly as we do, and want to better our strategies

And for the record, animosity doesn't have 2 guild. Well it does, but the second guild is used for Dances with Wargs. So its really only 1 guild at a time. we rarely have overflow, unless friends of members want to temp in.  

#37 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:08 AM

they dont need to de-ally, staff can just disable alliance system all together. 

#38 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:08 AM

POPULAR

Gonna tl'dr this thread. I WoE'd with animosity for a very long time btw.

Animosity spends hours planning out parties, strategies and making sure people show up to WoE and are well supplied. Other guilds spend 2 hours zerg rushing into a fort blindly and dying. That's the difference.

#39 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:10 AM

The only difference i see with animosity compared to the other guilds out there, is that if we get beaten, we're not QQing, we're planning on ways that we can improve our performance. We're brainstorming new ideas to try out, seeing if there is a way to beat the opposition. 

What happened to that mentality? 

Are people really that depressing? it just seems to me that the mentality and the overall attitude is that the opposition doesn't care about this game nearly as we do, and want to better our strategies

And for the record, animosity doesn't have 2 guild. Well it does, but the second guild is used for Dances with Wargs. So its really only 1 guild at a time. we rarely have overflow, unless friends of members want to temp in.  

Well, they having 2 guilds was the only "good" explanation we had for them to recall before the 5 minute mark... perhaps I was mistaken and there's something else involved? who knows....

The fact still remains, even if an alliance is formed to fight them, lag will play an important role in nid castles (usually). That just can't be but it is a truth that most people (who wants to enjoy WoE) are avoiding like the plague.

When the alliance was defending against animosity, it was fun for a while but by not being able to pass water choke, I believe Anim alliance decided not to try anymore... that's understandable but that lead to defend a castle without people attacking it, hence why breaking up the econ on the castle was only viable option... I mean, defending an empty castle is not how most people want to enjoy WoE right?

GvGs was also promoted before (CS if I remember correctly)... but there's usually the good ol' "alliance" in the way when things go sotuh, hence why that option has been long discarded.

Edited by Mulder1, 22 April 2014 - 06:12 AM.

#40 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:12 AM

I dunno about you guys, but I can only enjoy WoE if whoever I consider the strongest guild doesn't get any castles.  Otherwise, it's a waste of time and no fun at all.

~_~  sarcasm^

Just checked choobs for the past couple months.. haven't played or WoEd in like 3 months... and everything seems normal.  o_o  Business as usual.  Job balance, proper support and organization beat gear all day every day, by the way.  That hasn't changed, I'm sure.  Yes, An Heroing for some quick kills is fun, I'm guilty of that, but it won't help secure a castle in the last 10 mins.

#41 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:14 AM

People like to mistake use of scout information +  flags + speed pots to group up as recall. 

Edited by Lapphy, 22 April 2014 - 06:14 AM.

#42 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:21 AM

^butbutbut the flags are only usable by the controlling guild!  OP, unfair, nerf!

side note, FU was complained at for flag usage more than a couple times, heh.  It's not just you guys.

#43 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:22 AM

People like to mistake use of scout information +  flags + speed pots to group up as recall. 

perhaps... perhaps not? who knows?

In any case, this WoE Situation is kinda chaotic in Chaos. I do agree that forming an alliance will benefit the server and perhaps will make it more fun.

Sadly that's not the only problem... servers can't handle too many people in realm, less in one castle... that's a turn off for most people (even thou hearing their reactions in Vent/Radicall is quite amusing lol).

Nothing has been done to address both issues and perhaps nothing will change... not at least until people realize that solo is not a viable option anymore...

@ aumak1: Funny, didn;t FU merged into Animosity already?

Edited by Mulder1, 22 April 2014 - 06:23 AM.

#44 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • LocationRelocated ---->Bio 4
  • Server:Chaos>Valkyrie>New Chaos

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:23 AM

The other problem is definitely the lag... we saw that last time Anim+Anim+CS+Mexi fought LYC+Smokies+LR in Nid 2....

Even thou it was not that hard to pass through their emp defense, the lag played... again, an important role... again... >_>

^ This, I agree 100%. As much as I like chess or checkers, trying to predict in a game where you can wind up dead in less than a second isn't very fun to me. xD Especially the waste of supplies!

#45 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:26 AM

2014 and the server still cant handle few hundred people in one map....... kind of sad

but is that even the server's problem

Edited by thatfool, 22 April 2014 - 06:29 AM.

#46 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:26 AM

I know lol. If you're implying that there is a way to bypass recall timer, you're just being silly. 

And there are like 4 FU members in animosity as temps for FU's break.

#47 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:42 AM

@ aumak1: Funny, didn;t FU merged into Animosity already?

As Lapphy said above, some are WoEing with Ani for now.  From the looks of the survey, everyone spread out pretty evenly for the hiatus.  I've been way too busy to even WoE for a while now, but if I did I'd have fun pulling a >creator< (yes I know you're here lol) and WoE for every guild under the sun.

edit: Oh, and I'm sure the FU players temping for Ani is what caused this thread in the first place.  The power balance was lost. FU2OP, nerf temping, etc.  rofl.  <3

Edited by azumak1, 22 April 2014 - 06:44 AM.

#48 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:47 AM

not gonna lie tho, fitz and eledhwen been tearing -_- up.

#49 NukeDuke

NukeDuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:48 AM

you are talking about a pay2win game here. if anyone playing really cared about competition they play a balanced game where they hold tournaments between a few months or so i.e starcraft or any good balance fighter.

woe takes no skills anyway its just numbers and gear and mashing the mouse

They really should disable gods and mvps, or make some easy accessible bis-woe-gear. Woe would be so much more fun if everyone had equal gear. 

#50 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:53 AM

^this is the mentality that gives us boring WoEs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users