Then and Now: An Anniversary Story - Page 3 - Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Then and Now: An Anniversary Story

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
101 replies to this topic

#51 Parting

Parting

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:14 AM

IGN: PartinG

What did you do for the past year? (50 words or more)

My RO2 journey began because I always felt lonely and I had no friends in real life. But playing RO2 finally allowed me to live in a world of my own kawaii MMORPG and reach out for the truth. Initially, I joined the first English speaking guild I found, but I had to resign and join Nice Boat because a Mexican drug lord named Leila threatened to mind break me if I didn't.

I was hesitant at first, but I ended up liking everyone in my new guild. I still remember our finest moments from our shenanigans in colo to the first time we killed RMH. It saddens me to see that many guildies including myself have stopped playing after the AoV update but at least we can look back at the fun times we had together. 

I have recently started taking an interest in the game again. My hopes aren't high but I will see where it goes from there.

Rest in pepperonis Jintello, I cry everytiem.

First screenshot you can find

Spoiler

Latest screenshot you can find

Spoiler

#52 bintitan

bintitan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:09 AM

IGN: bintitan

What did I do last year? sec~ ret  :P. lol yeah, I started as a total noob in this game. The journey began when I was a swordsman. trying to grasp the system and feature. throwing out pandora's box, manually arrange items, collecting rare items (which is totally junk and useless like jellopy), sell DNA fragments to NPC, being killed by poring in Colloseum, wear 7-day costume untill it consumed my bag space, jumping from the cliff in Divided Plain to reach HoDP (man, thats hurt..), swimming all over Verta Delta to reach Cursed Ghost Ship, climbing Forgotten Tower, soloing Goblin Leader to get lv 50 gear, DNA farming while waiting raid lockout, lol.. thats too much  :D

Well, for now, I just keep setting weird goal every time I get hourly reward to keep playing this game~ 

bintitan.jpg

B) I got new gear from CoA mouhahahaha

ScreenCapture_2014_01_28_21_48_51.jpg

trying to abuse this little chick which is very sad because of her condition :(

#53 SilentHero13

SilentHero13

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Locationサンフランシスコ
  • Server:L o a d i n g . . .

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

IGN: SilentHero13

I started RO2 on the final week of July with the hopes of meeting new people and comparing it with my past experience in RO1. (back in 3rd grade >__<) Back in RO1, I had a main which was a high priest. However, I have always wanted to try the assassin class for a very long time so I decided to go for it. Within a couple days I reached lvl. 50 and started my own guild, KurasuZero. I met a cool girl guy named Jeou through a real life friend and things began to pick up in KZ. Throughout my time in the RO2 community I've met amazing people that have changed my life. We have been through both the good and bad times together and have grown stronger after each moment. Wrapping up this past year in words wouldn't be enough to explain everything I have experienced. I hope I will come back soon.

First screenshot you can find (iphone quality wooooo~)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Latest Screenshot

Spoiler

#54 Axtar

Axtar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:19 AM

IGN: Akelos

What did you do for the past year? (50 words or more):

I joined sometime in Sept/Oct - made a assassin due to nostalgia from RO1. I trundled along the game-play - yelled for party outside dungeons, hid a lot, attempted (and failed) to kill field bosses, etc. etc. - until level 25(ish), which was when a priest, Stef, was advertising his guild, Kinky. I joined Kinky (which was less kinky, really, and more kooky) and we had lots of fun together, despite active membership only usually being at 4-5 people on. Due to our guild-size and timezone differences though, it was ridiculously hard for me to get into raids due to the sin's squishiness. Kinky eventually merged with SilentHunt, and raiding became much easier and a whole lot more entertaining. When AOV was implemented though, a lot of players started leaving the game, and SH gradually became more and more inactive. Eventually, I moved to KurasuZero, where I still am, avoiding booty taps playing, chatting and generally enjoying the company of guildies.

First screenshot you can find:

Really more of a phone-shot, as I was sending a picture to an RL friend. Because I look fabulous, yo.

Spoiler

Latest screenshot you can find:

Spoiler

edit: WHUT, Silent, we used the same moment alskjaklddammit. xD Let's try this again:

Spoiler

Edited by Axtar, 29 April 2014 - 12:28 AM.

#55 xAngeloKram

xAngeloKram

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:44 AM

IGN: xAngeloKramx

I started playing RO2 back at SEA server because my cousin invited me to play, then we were gone for awhile so we decided to change server. And so i continue playing priest here in iro server. We then made our own guild called .DOT//HACK but not for too long when we were invited to join GalaJuan guild, so we decided to join. That is where the fun begun doing lots of raids, pvps and of course meeting alot and new friends. And now i'm still enjoying to play ro2 because of them and hoping to enjoy it more.

Screen_Capture_2013_10_13_15_59_49.jpg

Screen_Capture_2014_04_25_09_02_35.jpg

#56 VanS3n

VanS3n

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 949 posts
  • Twitter:vans3n
  • LocationItaly | Philippines

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:50 AM

IGN: Svansen

Well when I found out RO2 was in Steam I jumped right in on the day it was released. I rolled as female swordie the first time and got stuck maining it ever since. Invite my wife to play and asked her to be my healer. XD XD .. We then found a nice guild and we were stuck with it. Basically my life in RO2 has always revolved around the guild and the people within it. So many things had happen since then. I saw people come and go, until eventually the task of taking care of the guild came to me. 

Wedding/Tux fiasco, the WOE test season, the Eremes DNA ... Embus raids .. summons in Colo .. and then AOV update .. 

I really can't blame people for loosing faith in the game... but still I tried my best to stick around and try to work things out.wd

Spoiler

It was a bumpy ride keeping a guild afloat amidst all the chaotic things the game has become. Still people are going away more than staying. I have met a ton of people in here, and I have seen a ton leave as well.

Well, it is kinda sad I won't get to see my guild's 1 yr birthday as well as my main char's. Current situation in game has already drained my patience and I am already in the process of no longer wasting my time here.

Been a swell of an experience here. But I guess I should be moving along now.

I might show up here from time to time, but I guess I will not really exert any effort to do anything significant here.

First Screenie:

936926_10151670197543982_504693854_n.jpg

May 10, 2013 - finally a knight.. XD XD

Latest Screenie:

374570_10152377879843982_891372889_n.jpg

April 1, 2014 - Poringpocalypse 

- after this.. I decided to take a break from the game

Edited by VanS3n, 29 April 2014 - 01:13 AM.

#57 RaeRaven

RaeRaven

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

IGN: LittleLAM

What did you do for the past year? I started off my journey lonely, not knowing anybody to help guide me. I have  joined an amazing guild that was very supportive and taught me everything about what there is to know about playing Ro2 if it were not for my amazing guild and friends along the way, i would have never gotten to be the fluffiest ML20 bear in all of ro2 #Pavilion IsTheBestGuild #ILoveHugs!

ScreenCapture_2014_02_24_23_32_40_zpsdee

ScreenCapture_2014_04_30_01_23_11_zps126

#58 6006130612175526073

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAlberta Ch 5

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:13 AM

IGN : JRz

Past year event:

know nothing about the game, until finally i made a lot of friends from Zodiac and IcE guild, then started to learn how to play ranger.

Was having a long journey, experiencing different guilds like IcE, Collision, then finally Exodus <3

However i m retired not too long ago. Here are screenies i can find:

from fligthless ranger

2013-08-07_00001.jpg

and finally become a flying ranger

2014-02-15_00001.jpg

#59 monimonih

monimonih

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationMilan (Italy)

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:28 AM

IGN: Macabrette

What did you do for the past year? I started this game after the beta with a close group of friends. When I reached 10z I opened our guild, The Pact. At the beginning I was Wizard because I liked that class on RO1.. But then, in December I fell in love with noels and made a Crescentia who became my main character ^_^ I found a lot of new friends. Lot of them already quitted the game, sadly. I also found love here, we now live together <3. I hope my journey here in RO2 will last for a long time!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by monimonih, 30 April 2014 - 02:34 AM.

#60 SOLOMONZ

SOLOMONZ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:32 AM

IGN: SolomonZ

What did you do for the past year? 

I started playing this game in November alone and then Baby4Life, the ranger of Astronomy Guild invited me to their guild. In Astronomy, all of them are very nice especially Harlex, Baby4Life and Jirabi. We help each other, do the raids together. In Febuary 2014, i was interested in woe so i joined Exodus Guild. In Exodus, there are a lot of nice people. They gave me wonderful memories and fun. we wacthed movies together (Thanks Baelphire ) and Radke, i love you song !!!. Now, i am in ArtofWar with my friend xFLAVIOx, SolidArrow. I am glad to know all of you guys. Thanks RO2  :p_hi:  :p_hi:

ppZ4t6F.jpg

jdotuHv.jpg?1

#61 Faintning

Faintning

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Server:Odin ch 5

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:02 AM

IGN: BellaSerena

What did you do for the past year:

My sister told me to try ro2 in end of June 2013, I had played Ro2Gotw before, so I gave it a try. And here I still am playing this. First few months I had my own guild, which I deleted cause I wasn't really leadership type of a person. After running guildless for a while, I saw finnish guild recruiting. I joined, and enjoyed my stay in there until it died. Fun moments in Revontuli. Then I decided to join Rawr, oh the moments. Got my colo victories, much raiding. All the fun moments. Im still part of Rawr, and still enjoying it.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#62 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:43 AM

IGN: Shadowslash

What did you do for the past year: I started playing RO2 last year around June as some friends from another game (Awesomenauts!) were looking around for another game to play together. We started up a guild called AWFUL, though it was just a friendly guild and no other people got in except three of us. Sadly interest from the other two friends wained and the guild eventually died and I went around in Alberta trying to choose between IcE and Exodus. In a random pub Baphomet raid I met some really nice IcE members and my decision was made! The rest of the year involved me periodically turning into Ash Ketchum and going nuts on trying to fill up my pokedex (I got a poring cape!), grueling times with ratmaster, trolling collosseum with mermaid and winning it without breaking stealth, among other fun stuff.

I took a break around september time and came back in january to find myself guildless, but I was flattered that IcE still knew me as a good friend and invited me back in without a second thought. Sadly upsets happened inside IcE and we re-grouped into a new guild, Uncrowned. One month later and we're already level 46 with a full member list of avid PvPers which are always fun to chat and duel with, and we're going to be trying our best in WoE until new content arrives. Can't wait to see what happens in the near future regarding raiding!

I must have uninstalled the game or something as my screenshots don't date back to pre-level 50, but this is the earliest I can find. Me laughing at farming Eremes on a laggy server day while his tornado hitbox encompassed the entire room:

bXzbKAA.jpg

Vaiki and myself finding strange gear in South Plains which lets anyone use other class poses:

MyNdB12.jpg

#63 SliceOrDie

SliceOrDie

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:20 AM

IGN: SliceOrDie

What did you do for the past year? I started playing a couple months ago through steam, since i've been playing RO1 for years. I formerly chose a wizard but as i was quite noob i made a mess and lost all equip, so i left the wizard naked waiting mood and decided playing the archer (that was my 2nd on ro1), which is my actual and only pg in game for now. with some help i'm getting confident in game and i found a good guild. as i'll finish the archer i'm planning to make like other 2-3 pgs (that will be hard), guess a noel, a sorcerer and a sin. hope someday i'll be able to be helpful as the pgs i've met have been with me.

http://imageshack.co...2/5492/6r1o.jpg

(the best unlucky wizard ever)

http://imageshack.co...3/3937/t2py.jpg

(that was still lvl 24 lol)

#64 Dimwd

Dimwd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

IGN: Choerang

It's been almost a year since I started playing Ragnarok Online 2  I started playing with a group of friends. Was all news to me (this was my first mmorpg I played) always liked supporting classes so I started playing as an acolyte but in the end I became a monk.My friends began to leave the game then left my monk aside and started another adventure as a sorcerer (Then I realized that jumped several quests with my first character).noel patch arrived and I created a SoulMaker which eventually became my main character ( Choe )I made a lot of friends with him, some have gone ( :p_cry: ) but others are with me so far (Wind, Corbet, Miku </ 3).Now I continued playing every day, trying new classes, learning from other players and most importantly having fun. =D

OwAAAImWFi72RVkTAUHcWpXBpvQL8Mamui2myD_H

OwAAAImWFi72RVkTAUHcWpXBpvQmT0eqnL3Lc__q

Edited by Dimwd, 30 April 2014 - 02:36 PM.

#65 tebroc

tebroc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

IGN: Corbet

What did you do for the past year? I first downloaded the game on Steam because my friend did and we were going to play together [though they never did]. I liked RO1 and I really liked the graphics style of RO2 so I went ahead and tried it first but I had the hardest time getting the game to run! After days of searching for ways to get around various problems, mostly related to a certain PhysX error and installation failures, including an incredibly unhelpful reply from WP support [hahahaha], I finally got the thing to work. I told myself I wouldn't get too invested in the game since it had stopped working before and I could lose it any time, but I was so wrong. I jumped right in and by now I have spent 1767 hours, according to Steam, in the game [which isn't even as many hours as Choe?!]. At the beginning I played by myself, but I have since made a lot of friends. I started out with a magician/sorcerer because I liked showing off and multitasking [I almost made a thief/rogue first, I wonder how things would've been different]. Anyway, I got invited to a guild while in a party for Izlude Cave. I still spent most of the time playing by myself until I reached level 50 and tried to get good gear with some guild mates and new friends. I never did get any gear drops with my horrible luck, but we had a lot of fun doing Colo every day, RHD, Goblin Leader, and later - raids and Je-hoon. Eventually I maxed out my 10 character slots [I like to try different classes] with some way cool characters, joined new guilds when the old ones died, lived through the AoV update, and reached ML20 with my main with full Osiris gears and maxed skills. There are some other end-game things I still need to do, but for now I'm just screwing around with friends, and focusing on playing the last of my 10 characters to ML.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#66 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:57 AM

IGN:NatsuChan

I started to play Ragnarok Online 2 on Beta. I got my very first character to lvl 20 (Swordsman) and got stuck in Wolves Cave at the moment xD. After i got stuck in there i quitted the game, after i saw Steam advertising RO2 i started to play it again. So i created a new account and started to play on it. My very first character was a Archer who i levelled to 40 and i got bored with it, which made me to create a new class Acolyte. Sure it was fun to play as a healer when thinking i've never been a healer type player. i started to main a Priest afterwards and it sure was fun, best part was when everybody needed a priest in dungeons and raids so i got easily into parties while levelling until i hitted lvl50 and started to run RHD for those gears.

I met new persons and many was saying i'm very good healer and wanted me to join theire guilds including Vanquish and Pokeballs and until i found a place in Lost Cats (Tyvm Chopizza <3).

I started to raid with more peopple and got forward with raid gear progression until i got basically hit with a very big Brick wall (Because everybody was too scared of Ratmaster in Normal mode that they 99% of  all raids left at Aromine without any trying of Ratmaster after Embus and stun pets left the raids), and that's how i started to play many more characters including Warrior (NatsuChan), Rogue(NatsuruChan) and SM(PandeeChan)

First screenshot you can find.

Spoiler

My very first Raid

Picture of my very first Raid >:D Thank you Punki for dragging me in there and getting me my First weapon and Pants (I just had to use it. This picture is found in the Starlight greetings Community run event.

Thank you for taking this >:D Im so happy i saw this.

1wgw.jpg

Spoiler

#67 ang3lico

ang3lico

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:55 AM

INGKorgratello
I started my RO2 Journey at the start of SEA's OpenBeta as a Ranger (usually when i try new MMORPG i start with Ranged DPS or Full Support class), but I stopped because I had problems with the computer and the connection.
I felt sorry also because I liked the game very much but I began to play when I just found RO2 on Steam. :P
Now although my English penalizes me I was able to make me lots of ING Friends (though very frequently my conversations end with a silent scene and some jumps o.o).
*jump* since I have finished the words that I know I will stop here. *jump*
Happy Anniversary RO2! :D

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by ang3lico, 02 May 2014 - 03:00 AM.

#68 TinyOwl

TinyOwl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:22 PM

Spoiler

ING: TinyOwl (yet ironically both of my first and last screenie is about my ex-main, Noctowl)

I started playing last may, as a happy owly acolyte with my ex, who rolled magician (because every good player need a healer, right? Owl had many options to choose: FS priest or more FS priest). We had fun toghether, had an awesome guild with awesome members, who i still miss somethimes but yet only talk via steam or facebook these days.... RIP, HootHoot, will be always in the middle of my heart <3 q_q. After things happened and i got left alone in game (around when noels come out) I started a frest, unused character, called TinyOwl. I had no clue that I will main it once.. and yet here it is, ML 20, full osiris geared, VCR of the class. So.. after i reached 50 i joined ArtOfWar, where I found my home (so schematic, but this is the truth, i would not be able to leave this guild ever till the members i met there are in game). These days I'm still in AOW, beating as many people in pvp as i can, enjoying costumes and spamming pub chat with my stupid comments ^^. I'm actually horrid in story telling and so many more funny things happened in the past year what I didn't even mention... Thank you, RO2 ^^ keep on blancing and fixing, bring back the crowded days <3 

Oh snap, he went AFK on the wrong spot... what to do now? (don't judge, this is pre-aov...)

Spoiler

Ladies on mount, such amusement, much dance!

Spoiler

#69 raklaron

raklaron

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

IGN: Surgeonesse

What did you do for the past year? Ahhh...time really flies T_T. I was hooked up with RO1 for like 5 years until i entered into med school and when i first saw that there will be a sequel, i cant tell you how excited i was. When it first launched at May 2013, i grabbed my best friend whom i played RO1 with and dove straight into the world of RO2. It. Was. AWESOME. My first poring kill, that new prontera theme, that whole new 3rd person interface...with my knight friend (flamebird - who is retired now) and myself as a priest, we went through a lot of happy memories. (1st picture) Then when it was not going well for me, i had to quit the game for a while. And it's been like 6 months since i returned. This time, i started to open an assassin which is kind of my favourite class for all games. I still had my excitement from my first day on me, everything seemed so fresh and nice, but something was missing...i didnt have anyone to play with anymore. And when i was in Verta Delta, questing, there i first met with NatsuChan and the Iconoclasm guild. :) I liked how everyone was carefree and easy-going. And then...fire nation came (this being ImEsAu :P), and i met with new people, one by one (Fafnier, Sicelle, Owl, Tuuf, and many more i didnt write). And well here i am, with my beloved "toktor", hanging out in Morroc mostly, doing dailies and killing time until new contents and things come to this game :D

cm1UcQp.jpg

dZQbZMk.jpg

Edited by raklaron, 03 May 2014 - 11:41 AM.

#70 peterpiper2

peterpiper2

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:25 PM

IGN: Mitchiru

What did you do for the past year? Well I remembered I saw my brother played RO2 for the first time I was amazed so by that time I ask him to create an account for me and install the game in my PC. After 2 hours I opened my account and played RO2 for the first time.  Well at first I'm having a hard time controlling my character, but after a few hours I kinda handle it smooth.  After a week I max my 1st char, A sorcerer named Mitchiru and then created more char and max them all.  I'm happy with my char now even i'm not that strong and wealthy still i'm happy.

ScreenCapture_2013_12_03_05_54_28.jpg  

ScreenCapture_2014_05_04_12_22_51.jpg

#71 akopanget

akopanget

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:47 PM

IGN: Gabbrielle

What did you do for the past year? I started playing last September 2013 as an acolyte.  At first I really don't like it co'z i am more of a killer type than support but still i tried to level it. As time pass by i kinda like it co'z you can choose the type of char you want so I build my priest to a Hybrid type so that I can support and I can DPS also. Now Im trying to max it. 

Happy Anniversary RO2!  :D

ScreenCapture_2013_12_03_20_06_56.jpg

ScreenCapture_2014_05_04_12_33_36.jpg

#72 MitchyWitch

MitchyWitch

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:07 PM

IGN: MitchyWitch

What did you do for the past year?  I really really like wizard very much, but when i created this character and start to level i find it so hard co'z without good gear and high level friend its very hard. So i just tried to level up little by little everyday. I also remember I almost deleted this char coz i cant finish a quest in a dungeon, hahaha that was so funny i really cried that time ^_^. Anyways now i have good gear and friendly friends to help me in my journey.

Happy Anniversary!!! 

ScreenCapture_2013_12_17_01_05_33.jpg

ScreenCapture_2014_05_04_12_57_34.jpg

#73 Amasaki

Amasaki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:30 PM

IGN: Amasakii

Let's see... what did I do for the last year.. I started RO2 during beta testing, however, I didn't bother taking screenshots at the time. If I remember correctly, I was really focused on getting my character as high leveled as I can... why? I can't remember. I think it was to save my name for when RO2 was officially released. Started out RO2 with a few of my friends, they stopped playing even before they reached lvl 50 though ;_;

Typical mmo life, join a guild, make friends, play the game together. Went through a lot, got a lot thrown at us by how the game ran. Things like, embus, chung runes, broken defense, etc. However, looking past all that, it was still fun to play with friends. Ah.. let me also add, recently rerolled to a soulmaker. But.. my friends.. they hate me for it. T_T

Spoiler

Latest Screenshot you can find:

Spoiler

Edited by Amasaki, 04 May 2014 - 09:07 AM.

#74 jamlyde

jamlyde

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:32 AM

IGN: JamLyde

What did you do for the past year ?

i started to play to play RO2 last December 2013 as archer named jamlyde this is my very first player i create until now i continue my journey with jamlyde but shes now a Ranger. i still remember when im in lvl 15 i don't know how can i finish the dungeons cause im low level that time but now im ML20 with max stat and skill and have a set of osi gears, but i still need to improve jamlyde.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by jamlyde, 04 May 2014 - 05:10 AM.

#75 hxinen

hxinen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Server:-retired-

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:56 AM

IGN:
Meije

November 2013, I made this midget, my first character, as it was the cutest race ever.
And decided to be a SM just because it has a doll accompanying it all the way.
Will never feel lonely.

I made friends with Neszlo, former guild leader of HouseBunny, and she has been oh soooo good to me.
She taught me a lot of great things on how to play the game,

and I eventually learn how to play.

Spoiler

First screenshot I can find:
1xJsRE.jpg

Latest screenshot I can find:
bjOFSK.jpg

with my dear friend myuwar. :3

Edited by hxinen, 04 May 2014 - 05:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users