Getting dc'd or failed to log in messages when going through portals - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Getting dc'd or failed to log in messages when going through portals

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hellmageddon

hellmageddon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:56 PM

I just bought a brand new gaming computer, with all the bells and whistles, and the graphics look great and I have no lag like I did on my old computer, however I am having a really annoying problem of getting stuck on the loading screen, getting dc'd and getting "failed to log in" messages when going through portals or switching characters.

Is this a common problem? I haven't played for a while but I don't recall ever having this issue before.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

I assume you've checked with a wired connection, to make sure that it's not just wifi problems? (WiFi problems are the first thing you 

Sounds like a networking configuration problem, maybe VPN software that's confusing it (with a portion of new connections getting piped through a non-connected VPN - Hamachi/LogMeIn does this, or it used to)? 

#3 hellmageddon

hellmageddon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

The connections are all fine. I play a bunch of other online games no problem. Only Ragnarok gives me issues. It mostly seems to happen when I have been in one field for a long time and then go through a portal or bwing. If I don't spend too long in one place, it doesn't seem to happen.

#4 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

i cant play at all after maintenance for -_-s and doesnt matter whether or not i use lowerping

even with single client its choppy as nuts then i get dced, i am fuggin annoyed now

:ani_bzz: :ani_bzz: :ani_bzz: :ani_bzz: :ani_bzz: :ani_bzz:

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:36 PM

You aren't, by any chance, sitting at the character select screen for a long time, are you?

If you do that, you'll get onto the char fine, but get D/C'ed when you try to change zone servers. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users