Game Starting to "Chop" with Only 2 Clients Open - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Game Starting to "Chop" with Only 2 Clients Open

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Kandine

Kandine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • Locationmorroc (45,107)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

I played yesterday, and I noticed that the game is choppy even with two clients, which is very unusual. I usually have at least 3 windows open and now I cant even open a third window for me to play because with two clients, the game is already bad as it is.

I only have a browser with 3-5 tabs open while playing RO, and I also did not change any hardware or settings the day before yesterday.

When I am monitoring my computer with Task Manager and other Monitoring Programs. Everything seems to look fine though. CPU cores staying below 20%, while the GPU does not do anything at all (lol, no joke). Not sure about memory, as it is eating about 2GB of it. I have 16GB of RAM though. Although I think the RAM usage is also normal as well.

Tried changing pagefile maybe it might get fixed but it doesn't. Although I should not need to change anything because the problem only started yesterday. Ever since I started playing November 2013, until the day before yesterday, there were no problems whatsoever and I did not change anything on my computer.

Although there are some times that the game runs smooth with 2 clients running, for only 5-10 seconds and it chops again lol

Any suggestions? Might try it again later to see if it will cause the same problem or not.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:56 AM

Have you checked that it's not overheating? Overheating laptops will usually behave that way (choppy, unbearably slow performance, but no sign of what's wrong from task manager/etc) - hit the vents with air duster, and see if that fixes it :-P 

#3 Kandine

Kandine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:30 PM

I doubt it is overheating because the processor and graphics card does not even go above 20% load except on 1-2 cores on the processor. the graphics card usually is staying at the lowest clock rate when playing RO. I can safely say that the temps are normal.

i think something from nvidia control panel is splitting or limiting the frame rate of each of the clients. because when i close any client, it immediately brings the fps back to normal. this is just a rough guess though. also not sure why it started doing it since I did not change anything inside my system.

although i do have some instances that it does not chop at all, example if the other client is in Geffen Town, or at Eden Kitchen. But when i start to go to dungeons, even an empty dungeon, it chops back again.

i thought maybe some virus got infected my computer but i still highly doubt that it is, so i scanned for viruses last night and i also did not find any.

i had this problem before but i just usually close both clients and run them again, and the chopiness will be gone, but now, it seems that it does not want to :p_sad:

ill play around with it again later and update this thread

#4 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

Is your power settings set to high performance?

Some people used to tell me they couldn't have mouse freedom on with their laptop cause it would kill dual clienting o:

#5 Kandine

Kandine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:40 PM

I think it is set to high performance, since all CPU cores are running at turbo even if the PC is idle. But I will double check it later.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

Mmm... Try changing the graphics mode in setup (be sure to run as admin if on Vista and later)

#7 Kandine

Kandine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

What graphics mode? xD

#8 Hireme

Hireme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:03 PM

when you open the Ragnarok Setup you can select different graphic settings like

Direct3D HAL

Direct3D T&L HAL

<Insert your Graphic card here>

Try something different there. I think that is what azzy meant.

#9 Kandine

Kandine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:33 AM

Thanks. I changed it earlier and still no good. But I think I got it now *knocks on wood*. I'll report back later!

#10 Kandine

Kandine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:27 AM

I give up  :heh:

I thought I got it working properly by toning down NVIDIA settings because I got to play without any chop at all for a few hours. I even tried running 4 accounts on top of that and still no problems. I restarted the computer to see if it is fixed and the issue went back  :p_swt:

Edited by Kandine, 25 April 2014 - 04:44 AM.

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:57 AM

It sounds like you're close - maybe some of the settings you changed aren't being saved correctly across reboot?

#12 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:16 AM

I give up  :heh:

I thought I got it working properly by toning down NVIDIA settings because I got to play without any chop at all for a few hours. I even tried running 4 accounts on top of that and still no problems. I restarted the computer to see if it is fixed and the issue went back  :p_swt:

Completely uninstall your NVIDIA driver and re-install it with the latest version.

Also re-install DirectX. Just do a google search for DirectX download.

#13 Hireme

Hireme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

Completely uninstall your NVIDIA driver and re-install it with the latest version.

How does a computer technician fix a flat tire? He turns the car off, gets out, opens all doors, closes them, gets back in the car and starts the motor.

If cars were like computer, the flat tire would most likely be repaired.  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

Edited by Hireme, 25 April 2014 - 06:53 PM.

#14 Kandine

Kandine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:26 AM

Already did that, many times xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users