Anyone for Pegasus? - Page 10 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone for Pegasus?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
296 replies to this topic

#226 KHAIDOH

KHAIDOH

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationOffice
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis and Leonis

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:04 AM

What error are you getting?
There aren't really alternatives to patching.

After I change OLD Update Settings to This :

### [Update Settings]
#
XMLPatch http://patch.roseonl...patch_large.xml
XMLLauncher http://patch.roseonl...ch/Launcher.xml

An error box will show !! Sorry I dont know how to post picture here in forum, But here what it says:

Redirect (302)

Old Location: /roseonline/pegasuspatch//PegasusVFS/3DDATA.ZIP

New Location:

http://www.roseonlinegame.com/Error/FilesNotFound.html

What is this all about Sir Leo? Did I do something wrong?

I've heard in other topics that when you copy the folder of ROSE to other PC and lunch the Rose Online client with It. And it will work without Installing it. It is possible alternative ways? It is posible that someone members here in forum upload the latest patched folder of Pegasus and what I do is download ur posted forder and copy/paste it on my PC where my Pegasus Folder located?

Thats only my Idea  :p_smile:  hope it can help to solve this problem  :p_sick:

#227 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:45 AM

I really don't understand how your specific installation is so messed up. 

Let's re-trouble shoot your issue.

What browser did you download the installer from.

What is the file location you have the pegasus client installed to

What operating system are you using.

Do you get any error on the initial install.

Are you an administrator.

Do you have any modifcation installed.

#228 KHAIDOH

KHAIDOH

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationOffice

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:22 PM

I really don't understand how your specific installation is so messed up. 

Let's re-trouble shoot your issue.

What browser did you download the installer from. ~ I have two Pegasus Installer downloaded from two different browser: 1st is on GOOGLE CROME and 2nd is on Mozila FireFox.

What is the file location you have the pegasus client installed to ~ Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files > Gravity > Rose Online Pegasus

What operating system are you using. ~ Windows 7

Do you get any error on the initial install. ~ No error in dowloading the client from the Net also No error on Installation. My problem is on patching, its stop to Version 82 and start receiving an Error when comes to this Downloading '33_39.HIM'

Are you an administrator. ~ Yes, even I'm using the administrator. I also try to re-install and try to Run as Administrator. It same error  I get. I try to change my hard disk and Re-Install the client still same error I get.

Do you have any modifcation installed. ~ No, I installed normally. But if you ask modification in patching, YES I did modification in patch like Sir Leo advice.

Sir Leo Reply Email:

This is an experiment, to see if it will help you directly.

• Go in to your Pegasus Installation folder.
    • Right click on your shortcut for Pegasus, select "Properties".
    • Then choose the "Open File Location" in the "Shortcut" tab.
  • Open "launcher.ini"
  • Under the section: ### [Update Settings], change the ending file name in the "XMLPatch" link to the following:
    • patch_large.xml
  • Save the file and close it.
  • Restart your launcher.
  • This particular patch file has the updated client in a larger format to download, however it will probably take a lot longer to patch IF there is something wrong, than a normal patch. It is the only alternative I can think of right now to help you, so I hope it works.

Just so you are also aware, this is going to make the client take a lot longer to respond when it is checking versions as well. So please try to be patient. :)

Even I've try what sir Leo advice, I have received another Error pop up like this:

Redirect (302)

Old Location: /roseonline/pegasuspatch//PegasusVFS/3DDATA.ZIP

New Location:

http://www.roseonlinegame.com/Error/FilesNotFound.html

#229 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:25 PM

Give the patch_large.xml another try, some of the patch files were not uploaded correctly on the patch server.

#230 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:17 PM

Yeah, sorry, I thought I had uploaded the correct file types but I was mistaken. It should work now, but it will take a while to download, the files are rather large. >_<

#231 KHAIDOH

KHAIDOH

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationOffice

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:36 PM

Yeah, sorry, I thought I had uploaded the correct file types but I was mistaken. It should work now, but it will take a while to download, the files are rather large. >_<

Yes !! Finally :heh: patching is now On going, but you are right it slow to download. But I can wait. Thanks Sir Leo :thx:

#232 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:17 PM

I'm glad you have not put the Pegasus changes on today's maint.

Regarding the critical focus (10% critical status) from bow hawker tab, you should not leave it as party buffs, because that's a nerf indirectly onto bow scouts, bow scouts are already very squishy, I tried crossbow scouts since the class skill update and everyone was crossbow scouts since then, now I finally go back to bow scouts. And I can tell easily why is the bow scouts so weak.

In terms of dodge, both the bow and crossbow have same dodge, but there is a huge difference among them. Is that the crossbow has a shield strike, it gives a significant acc down effect, that will make the dodge thing works. However, the bow scouts just got none, the dodge build route is totally not reliable. Well then, let's go for what the bow scouts designed for, the critical build, since they have all these critical damage passive, and this 10% critical buff exclusive to bow scouts, but guess what? The critical stat of a bow scout is not that impressive at all even with this 10% crit buff, it is quite average to me to be honest. I believe bow scouts should receive the critical passive like what it is on the axe champ, because you just can't make good use of these critical damage passive without a high critical stat and hawker do not get 13% critical stat from luna set unlike the soldier class.

In terms of dodge, bow lose to crossbow indirectly due to the shield strike.
In terms of tank, bow lose to crossbow directly due to shield-using, damage reduction buff, and block rate.
In terms of damage, bow lose to crossbow little due to crossbow having AP per DEX passive and pierce physical passive.
And crossbow has a powerful PvP web arrow, bow scout get a lame 30% stun rate PvP impact arrow.

You really should not give the critical focus buff as party buff, and you need to find a way to improve their critical stat, without a high critical stat, these critical damage passive are pointless.

The biggest weakness of a bow scout is gunbourg and artisan, is it possible to derive a new mechanic called "pierce block rate" that it will ignore some % of shield block rate of whoever that has block rate % like knights, crossbow scout, clerics, since currently the shield users are very very strong, the shield users should be vulnerable to some sort of attack somehow, gunbourg and arti in this case I recommend.

I'm not asking for "buff/nerf because my bow scout is weak", I just feel like there are too many classes have pierce physical, but no one can deal with the shield users. Currently, gunbourg, arti, dual swords raider, sword champ, crossbow scout, crossbow knight all have pierce physical. Wouldn't it be better if gunbourg, arti switch from pierce physical to pierce block rate if possible?

Edited by DestinyDeoxys, 08 May 2014 - 06:51 PM.

#233 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:50 PM

Just my 2 cents here.

Xbows can't hide, they have to have higher tank. 

Bows are Ambush predators. They're meant to remain hidden, until they see a vulnerable target, quickly burst that target from a range, then back out again. 

I see so many people complain about the ranged classes, yet I see very few actively keeping their range in mind. 

Personally, I prefer a Bow scout, especially with the way kiting works -if you are kiting using the right method- then bow scouts are the best range class. They're rivaled by gun bourges, but they still suffer from the same thing as Xbow, and BA / Cannon Bourge for that matter. Of all the range classes, Bow needs lees tank then all of them, as they can literally vanish into thin air. 

#234 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:00 PM

Just my 2 cents here.

Xbows can't hide, they have to have higher tank. 

Bows are Ambush predators. They're meant to remain hidden, until they see a vulnerable target, quickly burst that target from a range, then back out again. 

I see so many people complain about the ranged classes, yet I see very few actively keeping their range in mind. 

Personally, I prefer a Bow scout, especially with the way kiting works -if you are kiting using the right method- then bow scouts are the best range class. They're rivaled by gun bourges, but they still suffer from the same thing as Xbow, and BA / Cannon Bourge for that matter. Of all the range classes, Bow needs lees tank then all of them, as they can literally vanish into thin air. 

Speaking of hiding, I also wanted to point out that the camouflage skill no longer has purify effect, and that skill used to be like 10 sec cool down (I'm not sure about this, but if you learn Lv.1 of it, it will be super fast)? Now it is a bloody 50 sec cool down, unlike the katar raider who has two invisibility skill.

Bow scouts were good, many ppl used it as TG fighters (many ppl still do) due to that fast cool down and purify effect, but let's be honest it is very squishy. I don't mind if the bow scout can't stand toe to toe in crystal defender, but I just feel like their critical stat is a little bit low for those critical damage passive to work.

#235 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:14 PM

Speaking of hiding, I also wanted to point out that the camouflage skill no longer has purify effect, and that skill used to be like 10 sec cool down (I'm not sure about this, but if you learn Lv.1 of it, it will be super fast)? Now it is a bloody 50 sec cool down, unlike the katar raider who has two invisibility skill.

Bow scouts were good, many ppl used it as TG fighters (many ppl still do) due to that fast cool down and purify effect, but let's be honest it is very squishy. I don't mind if the bow scout can't stand toe to toe in crystal defender, but I just feel like their critical stat is a little bit low for those critical damage passive to work.

Perhaps the bow scouts would benefit from having an additional skill that provides a guaranteed critical hit?  I can't remember off-hand which class had a skill that did something similar.

#236 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

Katar has 2 Stealths for a reason.

Katar: Close Range, probability of being decloaked: High

Bow: Long Range, probability of being decloaked: Lower

Purify was never intended to "purify" the scout, it was the only method for hiding the status effects.

Bows are meant to be squishy, if that's not your paly style, then maybe the bow scout isn't meant for you.

#237 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:14 PM

Perhaps the bow scouts would benefit from having an additional skill that provides a guaranteed critical hit?  I can't remember off-hand which class had a skill that did something similar.

That's xbow knight, critical shot. But a bow scout doesn't spam skill for killing, they use skill for dodge down/mspeed down/stun purpose, a skill that guarantee critical will not solve the problem of a bow scout, they need a stronger critical passive to make their damage output higher through critical damage passive but nothing else, otherwise it will be overpowered.

This class will not crit on a launcher bourg due to their crit passive, will not crit on any gunbourg / artisan / champ that has same SEN level as the bow scout because they can wear luna set which give them 13% crit and will not crit on katar raider due to their crit passive and stackable.

Edited by DestinyDeoxys, 08 May 2014 - 08:23 PM.

#238 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:59 PM

The commonly used build doesn't spam skills correct. That doesn't mean it's not viable to use.

Critical Shot's [the forced ones] will crit even if you have 0% crit chance. So class passives are void in that situation. 

Here's an arsenal of builds possible with Bow Scouts:

Crit Build : Skill Spam

Stat wise, invest into Dex = to PA / Exalted. Con = 50-100% Char level, Remainder to Sen

Skills:

Entangling Arrow, Shackle Arrow, Clamp Arrow, Fire/Ice/Wind Arrows, Phoenix Arrow.

Tactics:

First Change your Targeting option to "1st click select, 2nd attack".

Select the Target you wish to engage, [preferably while in Camo]. Start with phoenix for that initial burst. Rotate your Shackle/Clamp/Entangling arrows, Phoenix Again, rotate your Fire/Ice/Wind Arrows, Rinse, repeat.

Note: This method rely's on being able to effectively Kite while casting, having keybind macro's helps significantly. You'll want to "circle" or "slalom" your target. Casting inbetween GCD's.

Trap Build : Group Support.

Stats: High Dex, Mid Con, 3rd optional [CHA in rare cases]

Skills :

PvP Poison Arrow Shower, Phoenix, All 3 traps, PvP Impact.

Tactics:

Your goal is to harass the enemy team relentlessly. Siphoning the Cleric as often as possible. Stunning enemy's who are targeting your cleric / mage. Rooting enemys who dare to enter the AoE pits etc. There's no true rotation to this class. Try to keep up your PvP Poison Arrow as often as possible, and your status downs. Having DoT's and garbage downs increasing the chance that the stronger debuffs [Aurual, PvP Circle Break, Crippling storm etc] are not removed, because the puri may remove the DoT instead of those valuable status'.

Aspd Build : Constant DPS

Stats : Dex = PA / Exalted, Con 75-100% level [at cap 185-230] rest CHA

Skills :

Aspd passive + Buff, Dex passive + buff, Mspd passive + Buff. Stun Arrow + PvP Impact, phoenix.

Tactic : Click, Phoenix, melee for a bit, stun, melee a bit more, impact [hope for a stun] melee a bit more, phoenix, [you get the idea, you don't do much of anything other then keep a range and stun / phoenix when it works good]

AP : Ranged Ouch factory

Stats: Dex 350, Con 300-350 [up to you] rest Cha/Sen [if you have self buffs, cha, none, sen]

Skills: Prime damage skills [phoenix etc up to your preference] Passives aspd + [crit + crit damage if you built sen] essentially this build is entirely flexible, it has no real skill build, pick what fits how you're going to paly.

This one comes down to EQ more then a perfect skill build. You're going to be maximizing AP where it is possible, and Aspd where it's not. [if neither are available then go for Dex/Con both produce vital core stats]

The reason this build is effective is because you may not crit all the time, boosting AP, means when you do actually crit, you'll gain an explosive power increase. 

That's just 4 off the top of my head, all can be changed, all can be improved or modified. Some is up to preference, and some is debatable. In the end, if you know your scout, you understand what it's supposed to do [hit and run] and understand what its not supposed to do [tank] then you're going to be more effective. 

#239 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:21 AM

Actually, I've tested it before and critical shot (the xbow knight one) doesn't provide a guaranteed critical, making it.. useless. I think bow scouts impact arrow was a guaranteed crit, and the dealer's sniping skill.

However, I have to agree with destiny that a bow scouts critical values are low. The buff was there cause they had no critical rating passives, and the 10% was there to slightly give them that crit advantage over others. When it becomes a party effect, your enemies can have that crit as well. Meaning the scout has no crit advantage whatsoever, making them have to get a ton of crit through equipment alone just to compare.

#240 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:54 AM

Regarding the critical focus (10% critical status) from bow hawker tab, you should not leave it as party buffs, because that's a nerf indirectly onto bow scouts, bow scouts are already very squishy, I tried crossbow scouts since the class skill update and everyone was crossbow scouts since then, now I finally go back to bow scouts. And I can tell easily why is the bow scouts so weak

Bow Focus( now critical focus) should never be a party buff. Yes it enhances both defence and offensive capabilities of the team, but Destinydeoxys is right, it is indirectly nerfing bow scouts. for me personally, what gets me hyped is when my log reads "You killed XXXXXX" . now if the whole team has the extra crit, it means less kills for you,(ksing ftw)and most other classes already have a higher base crit rating. I know it sounds selfish abit but its true. If critical focus had to be a party buff, Champs berserk, duals Dodge Buff, arti/bourgs atspeed buff, and other ones like that should all be party buffs since they all fall under the same category. 

I have been playing Bow Scout for a long time and have a pretty good idea of they capabilities. for one,they can NOT stand toe to toe with any class except other bow scouts. you might notice in cd, bow scouts kinda go for bow scouts(aris and bourgs too if they dont attack you first, but thats what camo is for right?). Also, they normal attacks damage output sucks, whether you go for AP ,Atspeed or crit. most of your damage will come from skills, impact arrow in particular, so going for an Ap build would be preferable because it helps skill damage, crit can help too but its not very reliable.  

They need at least one skill that does magical based damage, like how champs got the mute skill and arits got magical shot. Because right now,attacking any class that has more then 5k def is pretty much a waste of time, champs and xbows especially. I was thinking maybe Pheonix arrow, its a fire type skill so maybe it should do magical damage instead of physical. also fire,ice and wind arrow in the ranged tab could do magical damage too, would make them more desirable. 

I don't use traps, runner play style, Im usually somewhere else when the traps are sprung so cant really take advantage of them.

Edited by bl0b, 09 May 2014 - 03:57 AM.

#241 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:21 AM

Phoenix has enough advantage, I can sentiment with certain parts of your post blob other parts meh, i don't agree with.

What I will propose is [basing this off what you said]

Majority of damage comes from skills.

You want a magic based Attack

You should read into .... er who's idea was it, i think it was jerremy [don't quote me i could be wrong] proposed if you had all 3 elemental arrows [fire | wind | ice] you could get a unique, that "combined" the arrows into a more powerful version of them.

This, to me would be that perfect chace to add the "magic Attack Damage" for a skill. 

It solves your issue of "most damage comes from skills" [you now are gaining 3 shots + 1 unique, all on relatively low cooldowns] and 1 being magic based.

Just, a proposal [there are issues with a unique requiring 3 skills, currently the game only allows for 2 skill requirements to learn 1, not 3]

#242 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:38 AM

As the person who made that suggestion (yes you were right there), there is a way to solve the requiring three skill issue.

Poison arrow gets the requirement of fire+ice, and that unique I suggested gets the requirement of poison+wind. Like that you need the requirement of the skills, even with the requirement issue.

Would need a slight readjustment in the scout skill tree though.

Edited by jerremy, 09 May 2014 - 04:38 AM.

#243 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:55 AM

It's not outside the realm of possibility to leave it as is, and have that be part of the cost to get that specific skill.

A good example is the dual raider stealth, it costs 7sp to get, and you need to invest the entire 7 before you get the skill at all. 

#244 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:32 AM

I know its just a suggestion but you'll need to spend a lot of Skill points, 20, to be able to get this unique, so this skill will have to be worth it.

And.....I'm still against bow focus being a party buff

Edited by bl0b, 09 May 2014 - 05:35 AM.

#245 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:37 AM

Should go digging in the patch notes archive to find it, it's lost somewhere in there. But yeah, I feel the bow focus being a party effect is kind of detrimental to bow scouts in the long run.

#246 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:49 AM

spending those 20 SP [think its actually 22 sp] will also provide you 5 attack skills. Not exactly a massive cost in comparison to other requirements from other classes.

As for the Critical buff, contact a scout representative about it, let them know how you feels. It's their role to represent the community's opinion on changes and updates. 

#247 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:07 AM

Feuer, those 4 attack skills, as of right now, are useless.

#248 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

You may not value them it doesn't make them useless. 

Given the need/want to skill spam [need being you get atk speed slowed by a dual raider] then you can void that aspd slow by spamming those skills at full melee cast speed.

#249 Valakas

Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:44 PM

As one of the few full time bow scouts in Draco , here is my opinion .  

I agree that the 10% critical buffs should be made exclusive and not as a party buff. Everyone seem to think and like to believe that life as a bow scout is somewhat easy especially with that one camo skill that everyone thought was "good enough". I also agree however on the fact that Bow Scouts are not meant to tank at all given our superb range and ability to "Shoot through walls" . Then again , I believe our hawker class counterpart , "Raiders" are not supposed to tank as well but they enjoy the privilege of 2 cloaks , 2 stuns , high crits and exceptionally high dodge.

The shoot from far away only works if the enemy team is broken or if you find your teammate dueling with someone and you decided to attempt a kill steal.

- When 2 teams clashes and a bow scout decide to stand with the team to gain Heals  = Scouts die from AOE blast. 
- When 2 teams clashes and a bow scout stands in maximum range = Its like you strip yourself naked now and take a run downtown . It gets you into trouble. One raider who goes invi and sneak behind you would be the end of you. One BA who decided to take aim at you = Sayonara~ ( Jap word of saying goodbye ) . Most ridiculous thing is, one BC who runs up to you with 3 phantom buffed swords will also be enough to kill you.  
- Also please remember this, when 2 team clashes a bow scout's damage wont even be close to doing enough damage to land a kill , especially when there are clerics healing. 

Just like a fellow scout above mentioned , a Bow Scout is only effective against another Bow Scout. Before we even decide to show ourself, we gotta time and look at our Camo cooldown timing first which is not very enjoyable especially in CD. Our secondary companion, the hawk also causes us dilemma. If we are on a more tanky / ap build , the hawk will give away our position when we are cloaked and we wont have the speed to run for it . If we put on a more speedy build , sometimes you'd be dead before your hawk could even catch up to you from behind. Hawk is good for defending team but not as an attacker.  

The traps are only good if you have enough support from clerics and your team can hold them off for a long time. Then again, reality again remind us that usually when we have enough clerical support and a team that can hold them off, we wouldn't need the traps either. Why waste my time planting traps to siphon the cleric when 80% of my teams are here for the points ? I might as well just go DPS as much as I can to get my points. Not sure if any non bow scouts here noticed , have you guys ever take a look at the scoreboard whenever a bow scout is involved ? Have you seen the damage they did in CD ? Yeap sometimes I get 11-15 kills in a game but I still get much lower points compared to my other teammates because of their Damage Given and the comfort of being most of the time near the crystal. 

Just try playing as a Bow Scout and understand how the class itself is a hero no one noticed. We ran around covering the whole team most of the time without clerical supports. People expect us to take care of other range classes but not realizing the only class we can stand getting shot at first is by another bow scout. We provide range support with minimum protection , but who's gonna protect us ? Sometimes I have to help a team mate just because he was getting "Violated' and my Camo Cooldown wasn't even ready yet , I showed myself and help him only to make myself vulnerable to a raider who was already around . In the end, we both could use the toilet better than before.

Also has anyone mentioned yet ? The Skill animation bug ? Whereas sometimes you cast a skill that could save your life and your turned out to be freezing there with the bow raised up like its getting ready to shoot but it never did ?  Some of the build Feuer mentioned is kinda interesting , but rather than just imagining and typing it out here, I would like to see anyone with that build in CD and do well before I am close to being convinced it is a good build for a bow scout. To stand there and execute things you said there is easy if no one else notices you and come after you. In a real situation , we are one of the first the raiders , BA, Bourg , Xbow Scouts, Xbow Knights, BC and sometimes even Mages will break away from the formation just to snap us and finish us off. 

As an AP class, we Bow Scouts are weaker than our Hawker counterpart, the Katar raider. As support , we are worse than the Dual raiders, in terms of AP/Tank build, we are outclassed by Xbow Scouts.Already against all these odds, why shouldn't the Critical buff made exclusive only to Bow Scouts? 

#250 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:16 PM

Here is a review of all the classes in crystal defender, the number of each classes highly affect the win/lose outcome of a match.

Number of Support Clerics

0 - you lose for sure, there is no game unless enemy team has none as well
1 - there is game, but not optimized yet
2 - it is optimized if the two clerics know what they are doing
3 - it is optimized
4 - worse than 2 and 3, due to lack of damage output if you have 6 fighters only

Number of battle clerics

0 - you are fine without these badass
1 to 2 - it will be nice to take out the Sword Champions, Spear Champions
3 - at this point, people are usually spirit rating - 50%, due to the fear of no buffs
4 to 10 - too much of a thing is just not good

Number of AOE (Sword Champions, Spear Champions)

0 - you lose for sure without any AOE in the team
1 - it will be great as long the cleric is healing it
2 - better one AOE alone
3 - optimized
4 to 8 - it is still optimized as long as there are two clerics healing them, AOE is never a burden

Number of ranged AOE (Mage, Launcher bourgeois), this entry is heavily dependent on the player itself, only people that is experienced and play them correctly will help the team tremendously

0 - you won't lose if you lack these classes
1 - these classes are very squishy and will be the 1st target, so the player itself is very important
2 - it is optimized
3 - this is the point where there are too many squishy classes, and the cleric cannot supply with enough heals
4 to 8 - any thing at this point and beyond is a burden, due to lack of heals

Number of taunt knight

0 - the squishy classes such as clerics/mages/launcher bourgeois are gonna suffer without a knight
1 - one knight is optimized
2 - two knights is also optimized
3 - too many knights will cause the team lack of damage output

Number of katar raiders, it really depends on if the raiders in the team can communicate with each other, telling each other who to target first and so on

0 to 5 - the team is fine with or without raiders, as long as they can perform teamwork, they will be helping the team a lot
6 to 10 - too many katar raiders will cause the team suffer from lack of heals, taunt, AOE

Number of crossbow scouts and crossbow knights, they are really the one that dominates at range

0 - it will be bad if the team is pure close ranged, no one will be able to handle the other team artisan/gunbourg/bow scouts
1 - one of it is optimized
2 - two of it is also optimized
3 to 10 - too many single target ranged tanks will cause the team suffer from lack of heals, taunt, AOE

Number of artisan/gunbourgs, it really depends on the player know what he/she is doing, their job is to take out other team artisan/gunbourg/bow socuts

0 to 5 - the team is fine with or without artisan/gunbourgs, as long as these glass cannons know where to hide and keep their distance while stick close with clerics/knights, they will help the team tremendously
6 to 10 - too many of a class will just cause the team suffer from lack of heals, taunt, AOE

Number of bow scouts, you are gonna love how I rate this class, the number of bow scouts is directly proportional to how bad your team perform

1 - it is fine you can pray on the scout can take out some mages/launcher bourgs
2 - it is worse, because they usually fight at 40m beyond, the cleric will have to get out of cover to risk and heal, but guess what? your healing power is just not enough to keep a bow scout alive
3 - at this point, it might be better if the cleric just ignore these scouts, let them do their own stuff and whatever they want, only heal them if they are close to you
4 to 10 - good luck, bow scouts are just a burden for the team due to how much heals they require in order to pray them to at least take out some mages or launcher bourgs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users