• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 toolazytoplay

toolazytoplay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

im planning to make a new hawker, and im wondering if what type of hawker is good for farming, basically a PvM/E type, is katar good or dual? what will be a good stat and skills build?
any suggestions are very welcome

#2 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

Generally duals are better for PvM. Going to go in more detail tomorrow, getting late here.

#3 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

What level range of farming?

150+ then Duals is definitely better. <80 then Katars might be better.

Duals: (You can solo without cleric to buff/heal you, and you can do quite good damage without a cleric's buffs)

You put on some charm so that you have good Def (single target, unfortunately), Accu (aoe), ASPD (single target) debuffs such that the mobs basically can't hit you, and then you can stick on your evasive guard so that they really can't hit you. (ASPD debuff lets you freeze monsters such that they can't normal attack you, only skill. However, you will want to be careful with using this debuff on monsters (basically kings) that like the spam stun, as putting ASPD debuff on them bugs them up like crazy.) Although with the Accu debuff, you don't even need the ASPD debuff. Nor do you really need Evasive Guard unless you aren't quite geared. And then you can use Bloody Assault which has very high skill power and gives you 50%+[something] HP (from the damage that you do) on the normal one. Not sure how the PvM Bloody Assault changes. You can also get 4 AoEs and high MSPD (aoe) debuff, which lets you lure a mob, ms down them so that they are stuck or far behind you, and then AoE just outside of their range.

I recommend at least 320 dex, 220-250cha, 80-150str. If you wear Brave, then you might want about 150 con, rest into sen. If you wear Courage, then you might want just 80-100 con, rest into dex/str/sen.

I'll post an ss of my 220 duals farmer skill build later. Tired to attempt to write it all out in an understandable fashion.

Katars: Perhaps faster king killer than duals if you have a cleric to buff and heal, but relatively useless without a cleric.

#4 toolazytoplay

toolazytoplay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:35 AM

@Nifa , 200+ maybe? its pretty undertandable dude, i actually like seeing dual wields hawkers, ill be looking forward to see your skill build :D

@jerremy , its okay, ill just be waiting for your suggestions too :)

#5 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:32 PM

Noticed I once answered a similar question few months ago, so I'll just quote myself for a bit:

Dual raider is pretty good for king farming. They have a decent amount of killing power, and are very capable of handling kings without taking too much damage.

This is mainly because of their decent attack power and attack speed, skill powers, but mainly thanks to the skill freezing assault. With a good amount of charm, this skill is so strong that the king will barely or not attack at all.

A build I recommend (that is, if you're only going to farm kings) is to get all  dual sword passives except accuracy (mobs don't have that high dodge, you won't need it), the dodge passives, possibly attack speed passives (you can spam skills, but the mana costs are high and it is easier to just auto attack for a bit), the single target attacks up to freezing assault, the knives, enfeeblement and mental storm, mirror phantasm and evasive guard, the unique skills fury and wired. If you're also going to do other things with your dual raider, getting some of the aoes may be recommended. It's a bit of seeing what you think you need yourself.

As for stats, 320dex, 120str, 230con (I pvp, if you purely pvm you won't need this much), 210cha, rest on sen, is what I use. You can take the stats over completely if you want, or you can alter a few things.

#6 toolazytoplay

toolazytoplay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

@jeremy thanks dude, i guess i will not go for pvp, this character will just be for farming, but one question, is the build for pvp also good or as nera as good with pvm?

#7 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:46 PM

It can be used for PvP. You will need some extra unique skills though:

PvP circle break: This one has a strong defense down, and as a PvP skill it works only there. 

Crippling storm: Applies the movement speed down effect of enfeeblement and the accu down effect of mental storm. This is pretty necessary since PvP is generally fast paced, so being able to apply both in one skill saves you precious time.

You may need to go for the accu passives for PvP, but personally I don't get them. 

Also, that one is a bit outdated, but you don't really need the shattering blows passive, and personally I spam my skills so I don't use attack speed passives either.

Also, for PvP, AoE's are a must.

#8 toolazytoplay

toolazytoplay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

thanks dude, i guess ill have to go and just farm for now, if i would go to pvp i will need a really nice set and to get one that some people vend is to have billions of zulies

#9 toolazytoplay

toolazytoplay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:24 AM

question btw, should i get the double slash or the poison knife?

#10 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:10 AM

If you ever bring this char into PvP, you'll want poison knife --> mystic knife because having 3 knives is pretty good for killing a runner, and mystic knife has a lot of dmg since it's a magic attack. 

If you don't and plan on capping your raider, both skills are unnecessary.

Either way, double slash is a relatively meh skill that is more of a waste of sp

But our duals builds are suitable for both PvP and PvE. Go yell at him to post some ss of the skills.

#11 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:25 PM

I'm pretty deaf, you'll have to yell loud.

#12 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:09 PM

Stab him between the ribs then. Shouldn't be too hard to miss since you'll even have visual aids.

#13 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

When I'm wearing a shirt it's not as easy to see.

#14 toolazytoplay

toolazytoplay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:40 AM

then can i see some ss of both your skill tree? well... if thats okay to both of you :heh:

#15 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:52 AM

Well here you go:

screen672.jpg screen673.jpg

screen674.jpg screen675.jpg

Note: This is my current setup, I'm planning to drop four points on the final aoe and one point off mystic knife to get the movement speed buff in the common tab, since they're planning to decrease the effect of the movement speed buff of the cleric class.

#16 toolazytoplay

toolazytoplay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:50 AM

thank you very much :D

#17 7378131230105052540

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:15 AM

Hi, Dont mind but can you name the unique skills you had? Sorry cause the Screenshot appears to be small. Thanks! :) and sorry for the trouble

Well here you go:

screen672.jpg screen673.jpg

screen674.jpg screen675.jpg

Note: This is my current setup, I'm planning to drop four points on the final aoe and one point off mystic knife to get the movement speed buff in the common tab, since they're planning to decrease the effect of the movement speed buff of the cleric class.

#18 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:34 AM

Uh sure. The unique skills are fury, wired, PVP circle break, stealth and crippling storm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users