Discussion: Urgent Recall - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Discussion: Urgent Recall

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

Poll: Discussion: Urgent Recall (145 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want Urgent Recall gone and replaced with another Guild Skill?

1. Yes, let them hoof it! It provides a better experience! (74 votes [51.03%])

Percentage of vote: 51.03%

2. No, I need my skill! It reminds me of Nic Cage in The Rock! (Reference: http://i.imgur.com/3d84yhB.jpg) (47 votes [32.41%])

Percentage of vote: 32.41%

3. I don't care. It doesn't affect me. (24 votes [16.55%])

Percentage of vote: 16.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:24 AM

Hello, everyone!

I've been approached by several guilds that participate in War of Emperium that have said they prefer playing without the Urgent Recall.

For those unaware, we disabled Urgent Recall right now since it was providing an unfair advantage in the new WoE v1.5 by working it's way around the reset warp after a Castle Emperium is destroyed.

So, in an effort to gather and focus your feedback, we've decided to post this thread to see if you want Urgent Recall gone, and what ability you'd like to see it replaced with.

If you do want it replaced, and have a good idea to replace it with, please use the following form:

Character Name:

Reason for Replacing Urgent Recall:

New Skill Suggestion:

#2 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:45 AM

No suggestion: i don't see why to take it out, coz ppl bug it?
Just fix the skill lol
Don't let the guilds who abuse the bug go away with it, punish them.
videos as proof were given, and as usual no punishment was given hahaha

Edited by VuoriDevine, 28 April 2014 - 09:14 AM.

#3 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:49 AM

Fix it, but this shouldn't be a top priority/sticky type of thing. How many people actually WoE?

#4 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:13 AM

I'll stick my arguments of why, is no good to have back Urgent Recall:

1º It destroys any kind of tactic to defend the empellium against a high numbered team, let's say 40 people+.

2º The hit rate and damages/stats being re-calculated let the WoE event do what i always wanted for it since July 2013: Make it a PvP team-battle more than a Siege weapon fight. People do enjoy fighting face-to face before reaching an Empellium, and here, i am talking by a good amount of players in the server.

3º Without it, Guilds can plan a better strategy to defend/attack an Empellium/Gate instead of the typical: "wait for recall", which is a kind of a lazy strategy cause people just wait for it, take the recall, take down Mortars/Palanquins, pew -pew the empellium and gg.

4º Guardian summoning reduce drastically the cooldown of Urgent Recall, making it even more annoying to the defender team after a wipe.

More hardcore gaming and less "EZ" gaming,

for a better WoE

for a better PvP

for a better Strategy

No to Recall.

Word.

#5 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:26 AM

Why don't just disable it in woe map let it as a skill to regroup the guild before entering in woe or in anything else 0_o

#6 Hikarii18

Hikarii18

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:26 AM

Character Name: Kimchew

Reason for NOT Replacing Urgent Recall: You wont stand a chance if you're up against 5 different guilds at once working together in order to win. 

:)

burn.

Edited by Hikarii18, 28 April 2014 - 10:28 AM.

#7 Sirceye

Sirceye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:37 AM

Character Name: RunForce

Reason for Replacing Urgent Recall: its bugged and its laziness. 

New Skill Suggestion: WindWalk: increases 60% movement speed to all guild members around 20 meters from the guild leader and a 3min cooldown. 

#8 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:38 AM

Character name: Shadowslash

Reason for replacing urgent recall: It's cheesy. Stealth classes can notably get past defenses that defending guilds have set up and move the entire guild past them -- recalling on emps gives the defending guild no chance to see it coming and a bumrush on the emp will almost always succeed while ignoring PvP. Any guild is able to recall on an emp in the last 5 minutes of WoE to easily obtain the fort+buff until the next WoE.

New skill suggestion: Something revolving around move speed, perhaps something like a 30% move speed buff that will apply to the entire guild while inside the WoE map for a minute. If the emp flips enough times and the gates get to the point where one touch brings them down, it's very hard to do anything against two guilds switching the emp back and forth when you have to start from the bottom of the map.

Also I seem to remember a particular guild also wanting recall gone when they won WoE when the opponent did not have it. Hmm. Interesting.

Edited by 9632130515120055620, 28 April 2014 - 10:41 AM.

#9 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:41 AM

Reason for NOT Replacing Urgent Recall: You wont stand a chance if you're up against 5 different guilds at once working together in order to win. 

burn.

Kim, it happened when WoE was released and of course will happen now. No guild can stand a big number of guilds working together, but that's how WoE worked always, still, Urgent Recall is not the solution and is not as entertaining as running the whole map and killing people who cross your way.

I like running, do you?.

#10 AyaneYuuko

AyaneYuuko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:00 AM

Character Name: AyaneYuuko

Reason for replacing urgent recall: WoE map is a PvP area and as such should be treated as it, but given that its being used to ignore most PvP it ruins the PvP experience this game has. Without urgent recall it also makes guilds communicate better cause one mistake means you ran to the wrong objective.

Replace it with: Temporary Movement Speed buff or temporary Defense buff.

#11 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

Running would be cool and fine for me... if there wasn't extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeme lag and horrible fps loss in WoE... D: Dude, those cliffs and stairs can oneshot us and block us badly!

#12 samaura

samaura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Server:Albion Online- Caerleon

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:13 AM

Character Name: SageLeaf

Reason for Replacing Urgent Recall:  Its been abused since beta testing of WoE. While I have not been participating in WoE very long, my experience with WoE 1.5 has improved significantly after urgent recall was disabled. It was more fun because everyone has to listen and work together to achieve the end results. Urgent recall seemed like a lazy way to throw a cattle prod at. Disorganized guilds use it as a lazy way to amass numbers with out real strategy. WoE in general is more fun with recall being down.

New Skill Suggestion:  I really like the suggestions here of replacing the skill with a wind walk type of skill with the guild leader.

Need our exercise.~ #NerdsAgainstFattys

#13 Fluidz

Fluidz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

Personally i think Urgent Recall is fine... adds alot more strategy too woe. Well timed-placed recalls can change the outcome of the final result.

You might think its OP but if you fix the bug during the flip it works fine.

+ If you react smart and fast enough you can completely cancel out the recall and waste the time of the guild using it.

#14 deathcauser

deathcauser

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationProntera Battlefield

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:33 AM

burn.

I guess you never participated in RO1 woe? i don't think you will enjoy it. ANYWAY!

If recall must stay please make it like IRO recall. Guild master Recalls and as soon as it finishes casting it warps everybody regardless of what their doing.

here is the IRO skill version.

All guild members will be teleported next to the Guild Master. Once used, the caster must wait 5 minutes before using this skill again.

• If a guild member is on a loading screen when the skill is cast, they will not be brought to the guild leader.
  • Guild members who are dead (ex. If a party of guild members is dead in a dungeon for some reason) will also not be brought to the guild leader
  • Can be use only during WoE
  • Using recall will automatically warp you regardless of what your doing, so no pop up for you to hit yes/no.

If that don't work here is my suggestion

Character Name: FemX

Reason for Replacing Urgent Recall: Some guilds abuse it for their advantage. Will not name any and they have yet to be punished.

New Skill Suggestion: Movement speed buff of some kind, Alliance system if possible. Will add more soon.

#15 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

Character Name: Baddiez

Reason for Replacing Urgent Recall: Recall in itself is not a bad skill in my opinion. I think that if you were to not remove recall and give it a longer cd say 15-60 minutes(usable only by guild leader and cd not being character specific. Meaning no lead swap for more recalls) it would become a more strategic tool rather than something that is used to essentially bypass a defense. However, ever since recall was removed I can say that my WoE experience has become a lot better and enjoyable. Instead of waiting for someone to run to x objective and recall x team we have to organize ourselves and move as a group. We can't really bypass the defenses unless you are a stealth class and manage to get past the aoe spam. I think all in all woe would be much more enjoyable if recall were not re implemented. I believe that no recall allows room for more strategy in woe rather than recall-> kill emp -> rinse->repeat. 

New Skill Suggestion: 10% heal over 1 minute to woe objectives (doors, emps) Only applicable to one target cast cd 6 minutes unaffected by vigor, only use able by guild leader, when lead swaps cd remains. This would allow for a 100% heal over the time that woe lasts to any given objective assuming you heal every 6 minutes XD

Extra Suggestion: Increase the hp and defense of WoE objectives to prevent easy swapping of forts allowing for more time to run up from the bottom and attack forts,castle

Edited by Baddiez, 28 April 2014 - 11:58 AM.

#16 Narcoplepsy

Narcoplepsy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:04 PM

Kim, it happened when WoE was released and of course will happen now. No guild can stand a big number of guilds working together, but that's how WoE worked always, still, Urgent Recall is not the solution and is not as entertaining as running the whole map and killing people who cross your way.

I like running, do you?.

If i recall, there is a suggestion of ally system to be implemented? This in echange of recall is better, more social networking=better woe, we just proved that recently

#17 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

Character Name: Kimichisu

Reason for Replacing Urgent Recall: I'm all for removing it completely. WoE has been so much more fun without it. Actually, the last one brought a much larger sense of community. We actually have to ally up and speak with members not in your guild to have a solid strategy now. The skill itself isn't a bad one, it just made siege rather boring. 

New Skill Suggestion: REAL ALLIED GUILDS... I know this isnt a skill persay but it would be awesome to have allies like in ro1 where you don have to worry about HITTING your allies by mistake on the WoE map

#18 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:34 PM

Two sides of a coin to present here:

Simplest fix I can see for fixing Recall would be to change it from a skill with a long cooldown to a skill with a long debuff.  Debuffs could thus be placed on all members of the guild, so swaping leader still means the new leader is 'debuffed'.  Basically, think of how Guardian works.  This however does not fix a few remaining issues (for example, wall bypass), but gives you something with most of the bugs fixed.  The best fix I could see for this point would be to make it so that recall only works inside key locations, such as:

*The chockpoint in the middle of the figure 8 network south of the central gate.

*The coast area south of the lake, plus the cliff area in the middle of the area north of the lake.

*In the middle of both the Sheep ranch and the stonehedge.

*In any base you currently own (be it a green emp, blue emp, or the gold emp).

On the other hand, removing Recall can still present an adequate supply of alternative options.  While not especially attached to any selected option, this list may inspire ideas from other players:

*Guild-wide Move Speed boost similar to Guardian, which already seems the most popular option.  Each level would either increase the speed of the boost or reduce the cooldown.  This skill should follow the 'guild-wide debuff' idea mentioned above after use.

*A buff which targets your own emperium, boosting some variety of survivability of that emperium by use of some kind of buff.  Each level would affect this skill in the same way that the above skill would, same with the guild-wide lock debuff as mentioned above.

*A replacement of the "Kafra Token" item, giving all guild members in range an "auto revive" buff, which revives guild members where they die once.  (..with the same after notes mentioned above..)

*I suspect there are those that would enjoy the skill saying that each level of skill enables you to have 1-3 allies.  I'll throw that in as well, even though I'm not especially fond of it.

*On the note of making use for the blue emperiums, if each blue emperium improved the defensive potential of the guild, having a passive skill which boosts the effect of this bonus could work as well.  Improving a guild's aggressive potential using these emperiums however is not at all recommended.

I'll throw in other ideas if any come up.

#19 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

Character Name: Hero
Reason for NOT Replacing Urgent Recall: Large map, too much lag, cliffs, road obstructions running to certain bases. Since people seem to complain about passing leader during WOE for recall, just make it a global and longer CD and fix that giant recall bug when the castle flips. Also the doors that apparently don't load for people allowing them to run through them. That is all I can hope for.

Edited by jdmtouch, 28 April 2014 - 12:47 PM.

#20 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus
  • Server:odin

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:14 PM

ign : Aesma , Aesmama

reason for not removing urgent recall.

in my opinion its always been here, recall has always been a guild function since ro1 its pretty handy as long as it cant be abused.
increase the cooldown and fix the bugs with it, but dont remove it, personally id like the recall to be like ro1 insta teleport no matter where u are, i hate missing the recall when im stuck in a warp cuz loading screen is slow.

#21 DcenCy

DcenCy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:30 PM

Character Name: DcenCy

Reason for replacing urgent recall: WoE map is a PvP area and as such should be treated as it, but given that its being used to ignore most PvP it ruins the PvP experience this game has. Without urgent recall it also makes guilds communicate better cause one mistake means you ran to the wrong objective.

Replace it with: Temporary Movement Speed buff or temporary Defense buff.

#22 zzyh

zzyh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

Character Name: zyh

Reason for Replacing Urgent Recall: http://forums.warppo...w-woe-problems/

New Skill Suggestion: Bring in the ultimate GS

dragon buff lulz  :heh:

#23 MagicianKn

MagicianKn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

IGN: MagicianKn

Reason for replacing Urgent Recall = #secondZyhIDEAL!

#24 VoxStellarum

VoxStellarum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

Character Name: VoxStellarum
Reason for NOT Replacing Urgent Recall: Imagine 2~5 full guilds standing by the portal, just waiting for people to spawn. Considering the current hit/dodge formulas, taking it out seems like it'll just be a battle of who has more members. This is not RO1 wherein a professor could cast Land Protector when he enters a well defended portal that may somehow shield the attacking guild from defender AOEs. In this scenario the attacking guild will have no choice but to endure AOE without giving them a chance to regroup. Frost novas and brutal strikes, oh the horror.  Urgent recall is made for guild leaders to strategically plan on placing well timed recalls. Just fix the damn thing. 

#25 samsam2610

samsam2610

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

Character Name: VoxStellarum
Reason for NOT Replacing Urgent Recall: Imagine 2~5 full guilds standing by the portal, just waiting for people to spawn. Considering the current hit/dodge formulas, taking it out seems like it'll just be a battle of who has more members. This is not RO1 wherein a professor could cast Land Protector when he enters a well defended portal that may somehow shield the attacking guild from defender AOEs. In this scenario the attacking guild will have no choice but to endure AOE without giving them a chance to regroup. Frost novas and brutal strikes, oh the horror.  Urgent recall is made for guild leaders to strategically plan on placing well timed recalls. Just fix the damn thing. 

What do you mean by "the portal"? The Woe map's entrance? If so, didn't you know that we all get 3-5s of invincible buff whenever we finish loading into a new map? Plus, most of us can gain extra 3s of invincible status from transformation buff, too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users