MVP Hack...? - Page 5 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 8 votes

MVP Hack...?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#101 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:13 PM

The guys that farm Stormy Knight are alright guys. I have talked to them. I have beat them to Stormy a few times. It is a Sura/Gen combo. Don't think they have convex. 

#102 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:21 PM

I wouldnt mind if they buff mvps hp again. Since some people are able to kill it way too fast. Mvps shouldnt really die too easilly even if it favors me. So yah :)

#103 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

Okay, then the numbers people are throwing out, with MVPs being found and executed within 20-30 seconds of when they spawn is fully explained by someone with a convex mirror (so they get the exact spawn location), flywings, and speedpots. 

Methinks the GMs need to buff SM big time, though, if he's dying so fast.

Did he get issued the wrong weapon? Maybe he got the box labeled "Claus, Santa" instead of "Claws, Satan", and he's been spending all his time bludgeoning adventurers with a fat bearded dude, instead of eviscerating them with razor sharp claws

Morroc should get its vit reduced to ktullanux range. Right now, it dies before it even gets the chance to earthquake.

#104 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:41 PM

People wouldn't be complaining about dumb stuff like this if we have new kRO updates.

#105 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:53 PM

Bunny-Jump-Fail.gif

#106 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:57 PM

People wouldn't be complaining about dumb stuff like this if we have new kRO updateI

It aint dumb if its cheating

And later on if we get SM mvp card you'd see even more rage cos of these behaviour. i hope you get your mvp card taken one day from you from cheaters if you disagree.

cheating on mvps is worse than botting

so far no comments from campitor or oda, why?

#107 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:00 PM

It aint dumb if its cheating

And later on if we get SM mvp card you'd see even more rage cos of these behaviour. i hope you get your mvp card taken one day from you from cheaters if you disagree.

cheating on mvps is worse than botting

so far no comments from campitor or oda, why?

Previous page.

Unless the MVP spawns in a set place like Amon Ra it is impossible to know where the MVP will spawn before they spawn as mvp spawn locations are not determined until they spawn.

#108 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:43 PM

Back on chaos prerenewal our party had a champ that would icewall fist morroc then autospam flywings until it landed on screen of morroc again. He would tele like 10x a second and always stop perfectly onscreen within 3 seconds. Then walk back to fist. I assume its something similar.

#109 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:04 AM

The thing that is raising peoples eyebrows here is not that there are people able to vaporize MVPs that quickly, but rather that they seem to be able to GET to the MVPs that quickly. 

Prior to it spawning, there should be no way to know where it is. 

If we assume the person killing it is using mirrors to get the exact location when it spawns, he will still have to travel to that location. While the time this takes can vary, it's unlikely to be less than 10-15 seconds on average. 

So, can we explain these "hacks" by players using convex mirror in the minutes before it spawns, and then as soon as it spawns, spam flywings until they're sorta close and then speedpot to MVP? This probaby takes 10-20 seconds if the player doing it is aggressive.

If we can't explain the speed at which the MVPs are getting killed that way, and they're getting killed that fast repeatedly, that is suspicious.

Does anyone know how long it takes for people with perfect gears to kill these MVPs once they find them? That would be a useful piece of information

Satan Morroc is really easy to kill how someone already said. 2-3 seconds with the right gear/party probably.

The central point is what i underlined in your message.

I Tried to compete on that MVP. Someone may say "ahahaha you are too slow, learn to play better". You can't really find satan morroc on that huge map (full of aggro mobs that may slow you as well) ALWAYS, AND I SAY ALWAYS IN LIKE 2-3 SECONDS AFTER IT SPAWNED...

That's not luck anylonger at that point, sorry ;)

Edited by meditation, 06 May 2014 - 01:05 AM.

#110 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts
  • Server:EternalLove

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:21 AM

MVP hack :
Sometimes MVP spawns before the tomb disappear.

#111 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:47 AM

MVP hack :

We are talking about convex mirror users. So what's your point ? ;)

EDIT: Against Satan Morroc they can reach it in like 2-3 seconds every time.

I was using convex mirror as well and one time i was lucky enough to find myself at 30-40 cells from Satan Morroc after 4 wings (so like 3-4 seconds ?)... It took me then around 5 seconds to reach the position of Satan Morroc (you know, incarnations of morroc, map with not invadable spots). When i reached that position it was already dead.

So ????

Edited by meditation, 06 May 2014 - 03:54 AM.

#112 AIternis

AIternis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:49 AM

i hope the Gms can check the kill Logs of the Mvps :)

#113 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:05 AM

Disable convex mirrors and fwing/gwing at SM map gg ^ - ^

#114 AIternis

AIternis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:15 AM

Disable convex mirrors +1

#115 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:28 AM

Disable convex mirrors and fwing/gwing at SM map gg ^ - ^

That's a bit unfair to all the players who purchased Convexes with their own money, whether in zeny or from the IM.

Just make them account bound so they don't change hands. Oftentimes useless Merch alts hold them  :p_devil:

And no to disabling wings. Just no :v

#116 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:36 AM

How is it unfair to disable it in one single map to give a chance for other players for legit competition? I'd say that's pretty fair except for one person!

My point is disabling convex does nothing if you know someone is using a program to spam 50 wings per second around the map. Then again people complain SM is too easy, so there's your extra challenge! find it without wings = the fastest wins, no cheat involved.

Edited by meli, 06 May 2014 - 04:38 AM.

#117 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:38 AM

MVP hack :

It's not sometimes, it's every time, and that is besides the point here lol

#118 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:10 AM

It's not sometimes, it's every time, and that is besides the point here lol

It's not at all. If people are waiting for the tomb to disappear and then the moment it does, they find the MVP dead already, what most likely happened is that it already got killed before the tomb disappears. Happened to me more than twice. I don't know why you don't see the point when the complaint is about people finding MVP dead already when it spawns.

#119 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:14 AM

How is it unfair to disable it in one single map to give a chance for other players for legit competition? I'd say that's pretty fair except for one person!

My point is disabling convex does nothing if you know someone is using a program to spam 50 wings per second around the map. Then again people complain SM is too easy, so there's your extra challenge! find it without wings = the fastest wins, no cheat involved.

50 wing a sec will disconnects you. Most people get disconnected with just two wings per second in TI LOL. Overall speaking, you guys are getting ahead of yourselves here. There is no such thing as a convex mirror hack that you speak of. Convex mirror box is solely server side.  Oda and Comp know this that's why they are not saying much about your theories. What we really need up in this beep is kRO updates. People won't be complaining about MVP hack or Gramps if you keep them occupied with the new updates.

Edited by ilovemilk, 06 May 2014 - 05:17 AM.

#120 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:15 AM

There is a 3 second buffer on the tombs disappearance and the MVPs spawn, and it is for every MVP. MVP will always spawn 3 seconds before the tomb 'disappears' - the tomb changes from a solid graphic to an animated fading graphic at the time of the MVPs spawn. Due to this, if you kill the MVP during those 3 seconds, it will leave the old tomb and create a new one. OP was using mirrors, so he knew exact time of MVP spawn, the problem is people finding SM in 10-15 seconds, everytime, on such a large map. The 3 second buffer shouldn't apply as an advantage when using mirrors

#121 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:15 AM

GMs should increase Satan MvP HP and maybe do some changes in its skills/stats. Its already way too easy to down in seconds, and this should go the same for most of MvPs. Their HP in general needs to be re-scaled to accommodate the new damage boost gears/cards we keep getting from time to time. This might not stop players from automating the kills but hoping it will offer better chances to others to compete (and record any fishy action!).

Edited by Beata, 06 May 2014 - 05:17 AM.

#122 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:19 AM

There is a 3 second buffer on the tombs disappearance and the MVPs spawn, and it is for every MVP. MVP will always spawn 3 seconds before the tomb 'disappears' - the tomb changes from a solid graphic to an animated fading graphic at the time of the MVPs spawn. Due to this, if you kill the MVP during those 3 seconds, it will leave the old tomb and create a new one. OP was using mirrors, so he knew exact time of MVP spawn, the problem is people finding SM in 10-15 seconds, everytime, on such a large map. The 3 second buffer shouldn't apply as an advantage when using mirrors

There was this one time when I was killing good old stormy knight 10 mins before the tomb disappears. Well it's more than one time.

#123 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:22 AM

Its not always 3 seconds from what I have experienced. I believe it varies depending on the server of the map itself.

#124 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:05 AM

Previous page.

welp, im sure camp wouldve say burping out mvp cards is impossible too, but... those rmt site are still burping them out.

its just a way to fool the public to believe unwanted behavior are impossible.

#125 AIternis

AIternis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:26 AM

Oo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users