#1 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:29 PM

this thread is for people who hate Gramps only... if you love that sodden old geezer make your own thread... only hate against gramps TI no hate vs each other allowed... feel free to rant about Gramps, TI, and the community i regards to EZ mode as well as offer advice on leveling without Gramps...

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:30 PM

Dun do it, man. :U You can still turn back.

#3 Frike

Frike

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:31 PM

inb4 thread locked

#4 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:31 PM

everytime somebody say something against TI they are met with a chorus of " make your own thread to complain".... so i did... 

#5 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts
  • LocationIn my secret Paradise...
  • Server:Re-Chaos(Ymir/Loki)

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:32 PM

but that gramps guy, he turned all my friends against eachother :<

Hes a sadistic old man wanting us to do his dirty work while making us duke it out against eachother, broken friendships everywhere.

#6 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:33 PM

this thread is about to become a nightmarish storm from the depths of hell

#7 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:34 PM

well you have already made multiple threads before on this topic. and it didn't end well.

you really try hard to make people remember your name by this kind of stunt.

good luck this time on this poster.

Edited by GreenIvy, 02 May 2014 - 05:35 PM.

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:35 PM

Just remove the TI maps and make people do their own dirty work.

#9 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

but that gramps guy, he turned all my friends against eachother :<

Hes a sadistic old man wanting us to do his dirty work while making us duke it out against eachother, broken friendships everywhere.

broken frienships in return for merit badges D:

#10 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:39 PM

well you have already made multiple threads before on this topic. and it didn't end well.

you really try hard to make people remember your name by this kind of stunt.

good luck this time on this poster.

people remember me for other things... but this thread is for HATE OF GRAMPS... not hate of each other... you wanna love on gramps go start your own "why gramps is awesome thread"

#11 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

people remember me for other things... but this thread is for HATE OF GRAMPS... not hate of each other... you wanna love on gramps go start your own "why gramps is awesome thread"

aint nobody got time for that

have fun

#12 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:43 PM

I hate Gramp not because it makes game easier. Game was already easy to begin with. Problem with TI for me is that it doesn't educate "new" player anything. They don't learn this easy mechanic that doesn't even need to be educated. and just cry when they get dropped by MB from imp or sally. And they're in High TI. It makes me laugh every time someone does that.

#13 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:46 PM

how about when people ask where to get an item thats from a map but have never heard of that map and have no idea where it is even tho theyve been playing for years and have multiple 150 characters....

#14 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

how about when people ask where to get an item thats from a map but have never heard of that map and have no idea where it is even tho theyve been playing for years and have multiple 150 characters....

There is simple tools such as Divine Pride, iRo Wiki, and iRo Database. Also Ragial. Thats them being lazy and not doing their own research. 

#15 PIayboy

PIayboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 766 posts
  • LocationRiding on a rainbow.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:50 PM

free post  count lul

#16 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:50 PM

Has everyone already forgotten about Ctrl + ~?

#17 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:54 PM

Has everyone already forgotten about Ctrl + ~?

that doesnt help when it comes to the islands or new world areas unfortunately... and its islands and new world  where most of the new content and higher level maps are...

#18 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:57 PM

that doesnt help when it comes to the islands or new world areas unfortunately... and its islands and new world  where most of the new content and higher level maps are...

kRO already has in-game world maps for those areas. We just need to get them.

#19 NorthenBeggar

NorthenBeggar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:58 PM

If TI existed, people would keep complaining about it (omg lag, fuken ranged mob, ks everwhear). If TI didn't exist, people would ask to get it again (lvling iz 2 slow 4 meh). were fuked lol

Edited by NorthenBeggar, 02 May 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#20 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:01 PM

I hate Gramps because it trivialises leveling.

Watching your characters grow through hard work, and learning whilst grinding away the time is the best part of RO. A very large world was created for all stages of the leveling process, but it goes pretty much unused.

Once maxed, this game is all about competition and optimisation. There aren't very many end-game areas, so you'll be visiting the same locales constantly, killing the same mobs, farming for the same drops, till you eventually give up from boredom. Join WoE, but if you're not in a major guild, say goodbye to your hopes of taking and holding a fort. The major guilds only have so many slots for new players, and the newer ones often don't know how to coordinate. WoE:TE will be the same, as ALL the big guilds have already decked their TE characters out in +10-12 PvM gear. Want to MVP? You'll be lucky to even see one before a roaming Gen or Sura murders it within 60 seconds if it appearing. You could always PvP, but it's likely you'll be killed by one of the regulars before you can finish typing "hi I'm new here" without a +9 WoE set and GR. Doing nothing but TI will have likely left you penniless, as TI itself isn't at all lucrative (it's really not, despite what anyone says), so there's NO way you'll be properly geared unless you sunk real money into the Item Mall and resold. It's been said that TI doesn't hone your skills, so I won't discuss that here. It's common sense.

We need to slow down the leveling, or else we'll just drive people to the end, and then off a cliff when they realise that rushing to the end left them unprepared for what awaits there.

#21 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:03 PM

I hate Gramps because it trivialises leveling.

Watching your characters grow through hard work, and learning whilst grinding away the time is the best part of RO. A very large world was created for all stages of the leveling process, but it goes pretty much unused.

Once maxed, this game is all about competition and optimisation. There aren't very many end-game areas, so you'll be visiting the same locales constantly, killing the same mobs, farming for the same drops, till you eventually give up from boredom. Join WoE, but if you're not in a major guild, say goodbye to your hopes of taking and holding a fort. The major guilds only have so many slots for new players, and the newer ones often don't know how to coordinate. WoE:TE will be the same, as ALL the big guilds have already decked their TE characters out in +10-12 PvM gear. Want to MVP? You'll be lucky to even see one before a roaming Gen or Sura murders it within 60 seconds if it appearing. You could always PvP, but it's likely you'll be killed by one of the regulars before you can finish typing "hi I'm new here" without a +9 WoE set and GR. Doing nothing but TI will have likely left you penniless, as TI itself isn't at all lucrative (it's really not, despite what anyone says), so there's NO way you'll be properly geared unless you sunk real money into the Item Mall and resold. It's been said that TI doesn't hone your skills, so I won't discuss that here. It's common sense.

We need to slow down the leveling, or else we'll just drive people to the end, and then off a cliff when they realise that rushing to the end left them unprepared for what awaits there.

get out of my head!!!!

#22 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:06 PM

If TI existed, people would keep complaining about it (omg lag, fuken ranged mob, ks everwhear). If TI didn't exist, people would ask to get it again (lvling iz 2 slow 4 meh). were fuked lol

We just need to get rid of the TI maps. They're the root of the Gramps problems.

#23 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:08 PM

I am a Gramps Hater only when I can't solo the turn-in lmao!!!! :heh:

I don't level so I wouldn't mind having no gramps. When they raise the level to 160 or 175 i may use him if he is still around though.  :p_devil:

#24 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:08 PM

Gramps is one of the best additions ro has. I wish they had infinite cooldown resets on it still. Pvm sucks.

#25 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:19 PM

We just need to get rid of the TI maps. They're the root of the Gramps problems.

Definitely.

Keep the Gramps NPC if you must, but offer kill counts in the RO world instead.

Expand the Eden Boards. Allow players to choose the number of enemies they'd like to kill.

Perhaps implement a system where you can kill as many of the TI enemies as you like (no fixed count), and you'll be rewarded for each one you killed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users