How to Earn Zeny using the Investment Machine (Guide) - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

How to Earn Zeny using the Investment Machine (Guide)

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

POPULAR

I learned about this investment machine when Sound Amp was added to the game. I thought of farming it coz it is dropped by a low-level monster(Creamy Fear), so it's low-risk, high reward. I've never got a Sound Amp though..but at least I learned about the machine, and I've earned millions from it...enough to buy a couple sound amps (heck I even did buy-and-sell on sound amps before), and enough to fund my characters. But hey this post is not about sound amps!

Okay so let's start with the guide. Here's the long guide, btw (http://irowiki.org/w...vestment_System).

You start by going to Valkyrie Realms. You can go here by entering Prontera Castle (north pront) and keep walking until you get outside the castle. Or you can just copy+paste this: /navi prt_gld 158/96.

You will see a cat NPC named Cat Paw Merchant Guild. Talk to him and tell him you want to invest using zeny. You will get 1 "Thanks Invest Ticket" for every 10,000 zeny that you invest.

Now what to do with the tickets? After getting your tickets, go to the "Thanks Ticket Machine", which you should have seen when you got out of prontera castle. It is important to go to an ophthalmologist if you didn't see it.  

You can also just copy+paste /navi prt_gld 164/50.

Now click on the machine, and you will have 2 options to exchange the tickets. You can exchange 5 tickets or 50 tickets. What's the difference? Well obviously exchanging 50 tickets is more expensive. 50 tickets cost 500k while 5 tickets only cost 50k. You can also get WoE Gears if you exchange 50 tickets but then it's not that profitable, and since we're talking about making money here, I highly recommend just exchanging 5 tickets.

Check the irowiki link above for the complete list of items that you could get from the machine. Take note it's all based on chance. I don't know the exact chances of getting specific items but I do know that I have never lost zeny by using the machine. I think I started with 5m... then 10m...15m...until I was investing 100m+. I know for sure that some people invest more but then again I'm too lazy for that.  :heh:

So now let me give you the stuff you would get in order of value.

Let me reiterate that each exchange costs you 5 tickets(worth 50,000)

Good Stuff! -- items that cost more than 200,000

1x Condensed White Potion 200 Box = contains 200 pcs of slim whites which you can sell ~3k each so thats about 600k

1x WoE Violet Potion Box = DO NOT OPEN THE BOX. Sell the box for 400-600k each.

1x WoE White Potion Box =  DO NOT OPEN THE BOX. Sell the box for 300-500k each.

1x WoE Blue Potion Box= DO NOT OPEN THE BOX. Sell the box for 200-400k each.

1x Poison Bottle Box = Contains 30pcs Poison Bottle(EDP) which you can sell for 20-30k each so thats 600-900k.

10x Speed Potions = Sell for 25-40k each so thats 250-400k.

1x Old Purple Box = Sell for 200-350k each

1x Royal Jelly Box = contains 100pcs Royal Jelly. Sell for 3-5k each so thats 300-500k

1x Blue Herb Box = contains 100pcs Blue Herbs. Sell for 2-3k each so thats 200-300k

10x Blood of Wolf = food ingredient. Sell for 40-60k each so thats 400-600k.

10x Beef Head = food ingredient. Sell for 25-35k each so thats 250-350k.

10x Ice Piece = food ingredient. Sell for 25-35k each so thats 250-350k.

10x Four-leaf Clover = I just sell this to NPC for 40k each (49k if you have max OC) so thats 400-490k.

Decent Stuff - items that cost 50k+ (meaning you break even or make a bit of profit)

10x WoE White Potion = sell for 9-12k each

10x WoE Blue Potion = sell for 9-12k each

1x Yggdrasil Berry = sell for about 150k

2x Yggdrasil Seed = sell for 60-90k each

10x Ice Crystal = food ingredient. Sell for 8-12k each

20x Fabric - bomb material. Sell for 3k each

20x Immortal Heart =bomb material. Sell for 3k each.

10x Savage Meat = food ingredient. Sell for 5k each

Other stuff that can be vended:

5x Elemental Converter

5x Proof Potions

5x Blue Potions

1x Old Blue Box

1x Gift Box

20x Stems

20x Mandragora Flowerpot(can be vended but I just sell this to NPC)

10x Amulet - i just use this. It's like a dead branch but it only summons undead mobs afaik

The rest are more likely craps.

Now, some tips/notes:

Investment Period = starts after WoE Wednesday (I think 30mins after WoE ends?) and stops an hour(or 2?) before the beginning of WoE Saturday.Investment Period is the time you can buy tickets. But you can buy as many tickets as you can afford, and you can exchange them on the machine anytime even if investment period is over.

Vend Slave - You MUST have a Vend Slave so that you can vend the items you get here while your other character is still investing, doing TI, etc.

The prices I used are of my own valuations and can be changed. Actually, they would most likely be changed if more people start investing. More Supplies = Less Price

This is actually the reason I rarely (if ever) talked about this with some people who have asked me how to earn zeny. To be honest, when killedbytofu posted his supposed guide to earn zeny (here), I thought the Investment Machine would be on top of the list. But apparently he did not know much about it. I thought he was just trolling whenever he said it was hard to earn 100 million even in months of playing. Because it was absolutely EASY to earn 100m. You can become level 70+ quickly and do TI. Then sell your reset stone, and invest the money. Thats it! It will be slow at the start but if you invest all money you have, you can get 100m quickly!

This is not a dig on tofu because his guide was good too, but what I want to say is that there are many people, some have played for more than year, that do not even know about this machine.  I really didn't want more people to know about this before because it would mean less profit for me...but I rarely do this anymore so you can all undercut each other now.   :heh:

Heck, when I told some veteran guildies about this, they absolutely had no idea about it.  :heh:

Anyway, that's all for now. Feel free to post your questions,corrections,suggestions,etc.

Edited by Rotine, 03 May 2014 - 02:47 AM.

#2 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:28 PM

Watch out for the sniper bullet~!

Others will despise the fact that you shed out some light; while others like to keep secrets in the darkness.

Edited by HeIIraiser, 03 May 2014 - 06:41 AM.

#3 st4rw4k3r

st4rw4k3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:35 PM

Great stuff!

I'm glad someone finally wrote an in-depth guide :)

#4 papu888

papu888

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Classic - Loki

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

Is this in Renewal only, or both server?

#5 Frike

Frike

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:05 PM

I always knew about this but in my mind this is a waste of zeny idk why lol

#6 devaiah

devaiah

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1455 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:09 PM

You did a calculation mistake OP. 30 posion bottles go for 750K at an average of 25K a piece.

#7 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:54 PM

inb4 pinned thread :heh:

#8 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:33 AM

Now wait for the massive drop in the price of all the supplies.

Edited by sb120495, 03 May 2014 - 12:33 AM.

#9 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:44 AM

You know why people don't make buy/sell based money making guides? because by making these guides you are making them worthless at the same time.

#10 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:55 AM

i dont mind the price drop at all =)

#11 devaiah

devaiah

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1455 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:55 AM

You know why people don't make buy/sell based money making guides? because by making these guides you are making them worthless at the same time.

Says the person who wants Enrich hammer event to be permanent.

#12 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:57 AM

This should be interesting. I'm seeing a lot of new people around the machine now.

Inb4 market saturation devalues everything and we lose more than we make.

#13 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:02 AM

Doesn't matter to me.I've stocked a life time's supply of this stuff.Still,it means that newer players who try this won't make a lot of money off it.

#14 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:08 AM

I'm hoping this allows new players to supply themselves more cheaply, thereby increasing WoE comp.

#15 albaoregine

albaoregine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:37 AM

Watch out for the sniper bullet~!

Other will despise the fact that you shed out some light; while others like to keep secrets in the darkness.

huh?

#16 albaoregine

albaoregine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:40 AM

Doesn't matter to me.I've stocked a life time's supply of this stuff.Still,it means that newer players who try this won't make a lot of money off it.

you don't know your life span, might be tomorrow.

#17 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:41 AM

You did a calculation mistake OP. 30 posion bottles go for 750K at an average of 25K a piece.

Thanks! Corrected.

#18 visou

visou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:51 AM

I just invested 30m, didnt make it back i belive..  :p_sad:

#19 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:04 AM

Thats incredibly unlucky. Are you sure you chose the 5 tickets option? I mean..even at 20m I am pretty sure I would make profits. I make profits even without selling the craps actually (converters, prickly fruit, blue pots, etc)

#20 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:06 AM

The more you invest, the higher your chance of making it back. Check the reward probabilities on the iW link :v

#21 visou

visou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:20 AM

Guess i got very unlucky.

Still, worst part of this is sitting there clicking those damn npcs  :p_love:

#22 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:29 AM

Guess i got very unlucky.

Still, worst part of this is sitting there clicking those damn npcs  :p_love:

Hmm. I wonder how all those afk Alchies keep their Homunculi fed.

And lol at this thing trying to autocorrect homunculi to munchkin.

#23 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:06 AM

Hmm. I wonder how all those afk Alchies keep their Homunculi fed.

And lol at this thing trying to autocorrect homunculi to munchkin.

If the afchemists are anything like me, they will be tabbed doing other things ever mindful of the time. Knowing how long it takes to go down to 11 hunger then feed twice and wait that time again. Frost king was great in telling me to use my cell phone to set an alarm each time. Wether I am watching a tv program or on an alt account. Just be mindful about pointing a finger that may cause uproar in situations like this. There are only but a few that cheat. Not everyone is the same. :)

#24 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:16 AM

If the afchemists are anything like me, they will be tabbed doing other things ever mindful of the time. Knowing how long it takes to go down to 11 hunger then feed twice and wait that time again. Frost king was great in telling me to use my cell phone to set an alarm each time. Wether I am watching a tv program or on an alt account. Just be mindful about pointing a finger that may cause uproar in situations like this. There are only but a few that cheat. Not everyone is the same. :)

I was actually alluding to time = gain.

Don't take the time to click that machine and press a few keys, and your little zeny counter won't get any bigger.

I personally don't even look at the screen. Click, enter, down, down, enter, enter, enter, enter, repeat~ while I watch tapes of the Daily Show  :ho:

e: Seems this won't last long after all. A lot of people are showing, exchanging tickets for a while, then getting up and stating the whole ordeal isn't worth their time before running off.

They're even throwing our large (400+) quantities of poison mats saying the items are useless weight.

So my question is... are players getting dumber, or just more impatient?

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 03 May 2014 - 05:39 AM.

#25 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:01 AM

I was actually alluding to time = gain.

Don't take the time to click that machine and press a few keys, and your little zeny counter won't get any bigger.

I personally don't even look at the screen. Click, enter, down, down, enter, enter, enter, enter, repeat~ while I watch tapes of the Daily Show  :ho:

e: Seems this won't last long after all. A lot of people are showing, exchanging tickets for a while, then getting up and stating the whole ordeal isn't worth their time before running off.

They're even throwing our large (400+) quantities of poison mats saying the items are useless weight.

So my question is... are players getting dumber, or just more impatient?

Sometimes I throw poison herbs too when say I only got 200 tickets left and the machine wont let me exchange anymore due to overweight. I'm just too lazy to go to storage. So some are just lazy. But some are dumb too. Sometimes you'd see people vending mandragora flowerpots for 900-1k when they could have gotten more if they sold it to the NPC. The same goes to four-leaf clovers.  :heh:

People also throw bitter herbs and sometimes I pick them up and practice my taming skill. One time, I went to the poporing map with 125 bitter herbs. I only got 20+ poporing eggs, which i promptly dropped at south pront. I suck at taming.  :heh:

As far as mindlessly clicking, I can't do that. Sometimes I chat with some investors. Some just snub me though. :p_sleep: 

I get really bored if I do nothing but click. Nowadays, I alt-tab exchanging tickets and doing TI on a maestro. I love gwing parties! I just alt-tab, press encore, then tab back to investment.  :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users