Classic: Patch notes for May 2014 - Page 10 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic: Patch notes for May 2014

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#226 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:00 AM

Answers one Part. And how are you going to differ between Questmap/Realmap?

Only the real map exists. We have no plans to open a giant crater in the middle of the Morroc Desert to compensate the realmap has very slightly increased spawns.

#227 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:03 AM

oh jesus

#228 Bucetation

Bucetation

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationTeresina - Piauí - Brazil
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:06 AM

Unfortunately that system does not know any difference between a poring and a bio labs 3 monster. We want players to have to fight tougher monsters in order to get the valuable supply boxes. If we created an item like that it would merely encourage the use of bots (please see Spare Card; Sealed Boxes, St. Patrick's Day Hat, Mimic Card etc...)

Sometimes i just can't understand this server, at bRO we can buy Antilope Horns at an NPC in Niffilheim, its not an solution for the bots at Goats? Cause there's a lot of bots on goats, just farming horns to sell at market...

Strawberries are another problem on this server... and its supose to be on an NPC who sells it in Moscóvia for 600z (if i'm not wrong)... Why its not active on iRO? It will help with server econ, cause players will waste money at npcs, and not on bots who sells this items...

There's no way to fight against bots individualy... you just need to see what they are dropping and them sell it on an NPC, soo it will not worth for the botter, still botting.

This is just something i was thinking about, but meh it will never gonna happen.

#229 Greyhame

Greyhame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:07 AM

We need more info about Geffen spotlight contents.

#230 EtNox

EtNox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Server:euRo -> fRo -> Classic

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:13 AM

Only the real map exists. We have no plans to open a giant crater in the middle of the Morroc Desert to compensate the realmap has increased spawns.

Seriously? I have no clue what to say about this. This update is not ridicioulus, it's a joke.

#231 stockings

stockings

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:14 AM

Sometimes i just can't understand this server, at bRO we can buy Antilope Horns at an NPC in Niffilheim, its not an solution for the bots at Goats? Cause there's a lot of bots on goats, just farming horns to sell at market...

Strawberries are another problem on this server... and its supose to be on an NPC who sells it in Moscóvia for 600z (if i'm not wrong)... Why its not active on iRO? It will help with server econ, cause players will waste money at npcs, and not on bots who sells this items...

There's no way to fight against bots individualy... you just need to see what they are dropping and them sell it on an NPC, soo it will not worth for the botter, still botting.

This is just something i was thinking about, but meh it will never gonna happen.

how are newbs supposed to make money then?

besides they can still bot and sell at lower prices

Edited by stockings, 28 May 2014 - 08:22 AM.

#232 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:14 AM

Unfortunately that system does not know any difference between a poring and a bio labs 3 monster. We want players to have to fight tougher monsters in order to get the valuable supply boxes. If we created an item like that it would merely encourage the use of bots (please see Spare Card; Sealed Boxes, St. Patrick's Day Hat, Mimic Card etc...)

So it can't be restricted to GD only then? If it can't I will drop this idea.

Edited by battle, 28 May 2014 - 08:35 AM.

#233 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:15 AM

EtNox, explain why

#234 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

Seriously? I have no clue what to say about this. This update is not ridicioulus, it's a joke.

We had a long talk about the quest accessories just now. You are right in that expecting players to kill Wounded Morroc (a contested spawn) is a lot different then Satan Morroc (Quest Spawn). Were going to hold off on that part for a week while we figure out a way to do it intelligently, instead of tacking into the MVP kills. This might mean a quest map for that will be created.

#235 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:38 AM

Are we still going to be able to buy groovy packs? after maint?

#236 EtNox

EtNox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:39 AM

EtNox, explain why

Satan Morroc doesn't drop anything important anymore. Thanks to Parade Hat, the meta-shift-item is useless. Every other drop is garbage or mediocre.

Realmap with increased Spawnrates is stupid for most parties/TKMs which are trying to AVOID mobbing too much or even searching for Ghost/Golem-Incarnations only.

The Questmap actually had a better environment for "non-mvp gear"-tkms, albeit providing much less possible exp/h.

Quest-Accessories are stupid to get now - as i said, usually you just had to stay on the map when morroc was killed. Now you have to witness the kill/attend the killparty, which reduces availability dramatically.

I can't imagine anyone farming satan morroc for a longer period of time, making these items stupidly rare (and even then, it requires a whole party killing satan morroc. not everyone is able/has time/wants to organize this just for some stupid accessory).

I'd suggest just adding the questmap as an alternative map with some sort of killquest. The questmap is way less mobby and way easier to handle for lesser geared or organized parties, making these accessories available to everyone who is able to organize a party handling incarnations.

Btw: Campitor, excuse my i'd say "harsh" sort of answering - but everyone i know waited for the questmap to be implemented, as it is the usual map to lvl on. The Realmap is only interesting for a small group of people - either having mvp geared TKMs, or killing the MvP. Everyone else can't use that map at all.

I asked like 5 times during the last week, and never got an answer. Now being told "we're not going to implement it at all, just an even mobbier place with the mvp on!" just pissed me off quite hard.

Edited by EtNox, 28 May 2014 - 09:08 AM.

#237 azertygf

azertygf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 688 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:43 AM

Only the real map exists. We have no plans to open a giant crater in the middle of the Morroc Desert to compensate the realmap has very slightly increased spawns.

LOL and you give this information now, why not in the foundry ? increased spawns in this map only help tkm with book MVP. You probably gonna have a lot of complaint because of team wipe by someone who want to survive in this map.

#238 Bucetation

Bucetation

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:44 AM

how are newbs supposed to make money then?

besides they can still bot and sell at lower prices

They bot cause its cheap...

If you put straws to sell for 600z it will never makes sense, just because you will spend a lot of energy leaving your pc online botting for an item soo low priced, new players will make money with cards, sloted items, selling drops... buying and selling items from market...

Be rich is not for everyone =/ this is something about merit. You can also buy an shoes[1] upgrade it to +7 and sell for much more than you pay... theresa lot of ways to make zennys.

And also you can buy and sell KP and WPE.

#239 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:53 AM

They bot cause its cheap...

If you put straws to sell for 600z it will never makes sense, just because you will spend a lot of energy leaving your pc online botting for an item soo low priced, new players will make money with cards, sloted items, selling drops... buying and selling items from market...

Be rich is not for everyone =/ this is something about merit. You can also buy an shoes[1] upgrade it to +7 and sell for much more than you pay... theresa lot of ways to make zennys.

And also you can buy and sell KP and WPE.

It also means bots are not getting your zeny as easy. and it sets market for that item.

#240 azertygf

azertygf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 688 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:55 AM

strawberry at npc = no this is not a pserv

free exp at npc = no sorry 

if you want something go drop good card / stuff, if you don't have time/luck use your money.

#241 aulbath

aulbath

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:57 AM

Making  NPC's that sells straws and horns is not the solution.....later every exp item drop like horns,skins will be sold by NPC, there will be less ways to get money...New players or noob player level in wolves/spores, to get a nice profit there so they can buy some gear for 2nd class...You said u can buy shoes... then everyone will do that and +7shoes price will drop a lot,and botters will bot in munaks and bonguns...the problem is on IP Banning the botters, they need to update the ragnaok system like other games that can detect bot programs or something like that. Or have a GM on those maps to check it every day, drop the bannhammer there, maybe a way to report players by right cliking on them, for call the GM attention and do their job.

#242 Bucetation

Bucetation

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:09 AM

strawberry at npc = no this is not a pserv

free exp at npc = no sorry 

if you want something go drop good card / stuff, if you don't have time/luck use your money.

bRO is not a Pserver, your argument is invalid.

#243 papu888

papu888

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Classic - Loki

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:14 AM

We need more info about Geffen spotlight contents.

Yes, please. and how about Glast Heim, also included in the spotlight ?

#244 aulbath

aulbath

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:17 AM

bRO is not a Pserver, your argument is invalid.

You cant put  the same measures for the other servers.. Brasilian community tend to bot a lot,(in other games too) thats why, it was so heavely botted they allowed that , and i heard in some official servers botting is allowed, Thailand or indoneasian, or the closed it dont remember well.

#245 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:28 AM

Satan Morroc doesn't drop anything important anymore. Thanks to Parade Hat, the meta-shift-item is useless. Every other drop is garbage or mediocre.

Realmap with increased Spawnrates is stupid for most parties/TKMs which are trying to AVOID mobbing too much or even searching for Ghost/Golem-Incarnations only.

The Questmap actually had a better environment for "non-mvp gear"-tkms, albeit providing much less possible exp/h.

Quest-Accessories are stupid to get now - as i said, usually you just had to stay on the map when morroc was killed. Now you have to witness the kill/attend the killparty, which reduces availability dramatically.

I can't imagine anyone farming satan morroc for a longer period of time, making these items stupidly rare (and even then, it requires a whole party killing satan morroc. not everyone is able/has time/wants to organize this just for some stupid accessory).

I'd suggest just adding the questmap as an alternative map with some sort of killquest. The questmap is way less mobby and way easier to handle for lesser geared or organized parties, making these accessories available to everyone who is able to organize a party handling incarnations.

Btw: Campitor, excuse my i'd say "harsh" sort of answering - but everyone i know waited for the questmap to be implemented, as it is the usual map to lvl on. The Realmap is only interesting for a small group of people - either having mvp geared TKMs, or killing the MvP. Everyone else can't use that map at all.

I asked like 5 times during the last week, and never got an answer. Now being told "we're not going to implement it at all, just an even mobbier place with the mvp on!" just pissed me off quite hard.

I completely understand and we will be working to address your concerns.

#246 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

It is a 10% increase not to 10%. Example if the old drop rate was 5% the new would be 5.5% If feedback come next maintenance says that this is not enough then we will increase it again.

That doesnt sound like much of an increase at all. We've waited a few months for a better drop rate, I guess it doesnt hurt to wait another week.

#247 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

Yes, please. and how about Glast Heim, also included in the spotlight ?

We will be doing a separate spotlight for Glast Heim. 

#248 EtNox

EtNox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

I completely understand and we will be working to address your concerns.

I'm glad to hear, but what took you so long? I can understand that you guys are busy, but that foundry-thread was opened for discussing stuff and I haven't seen anyone official answering a single major question in there.

If you're short of staff up there currently, well - sorry for my raging attitude. I don't want to blame someone and excuse me for being rude, but currently there's not enough feedback from your sides towards community-driven concerns.

Edited by EtNox, 28 May 2014 - 09:46 AM.

#249 Bucetation

Bucetation

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:26 AM

You cant put  the same measures for the other servers.. Brasilian community tend to bot a lot,(in other games too) thats why, it was so heavely botted they allowed that , and i heard in some official servers botting is allowed, Thailand or indoneasian, or the closed it dont remember well.

Bot is not allowed in Brazil servers.

#250 aulbath

aulbath

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:02 AM

Bot is not allowed in Brazil servers.

i mean they allowed the NPC straw/antelope seller...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users