Classic: Patch notes for May 2014 - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic: Patch notes for May 2014

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#26 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:20 PM

Also when are you going to do something about guild treasure? I just logged on two of my accounts to find they're packed full of treasure again and just abandoned/forgotten about. I think all the other guilds are just NPCing all the stuff and it'd be cool to have a way to make it worth more than OC fodder.

#27 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:34 PM

Also when are you going to do something about guild treasure? I just logged on two of my accounts to find they're packed full of treasure again and just abandoned/forgotten about. I think all the other guilds are just NPCing all the stuff and it'd be cool to have a way to make it worth more than OC fodder.

No I have 19 accounts full of crap.

But nice to know you'd like a change that only advantages you because you think that is the case!

#28 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:53 PM

every guild leader who has ran a guild past or present has asked for the exchanger that is in renewal this is not a new fringing issue

#29 Dokey

Dokey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Server:ReStart

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:53 PM

But nice to know you'd like a change that only advantages you because you think that is the case!

Perhaps you didn't notice the posts in other threads from ours and other guilds discussing this issue. We hoarde, try to vend, overup, and/ or give away lots of our castle loots, but there are a few guilds that just OC the loot. I don't usually take part in the discussions since I'm not directly involved in storing or selling our loots, but I agree that coming up with some kind of plan to update castle loots would be a good idea for all the guilds on the server.

However, since it would be a huge overhaul of the system, I think the GMs, CMs, and the community should focus on the spotlight event and the implementation of DG this month since one is already happening and the other is in the process of being released. I believe that the less spread out GM attention is, the more successful these events will be.

#30 RClassic

RClassic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Server:Classic duhh

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:58 PM

There are some weird connect/disconnects at main kafra prontera.

Edit. Nvm "solved"

Edited by RClassic, 07 May 2014 - 05:03 PM.

#31 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:37 PM

Perhaps you didn't notice the posts in other threads from ours and other guilds discussing this issue. We hoarde, try to vend, overup, and/ or give away lots of our castle loots, but there are a few guilds that just OC the loot. I don't usually take part in the discussions since I'm not directly involved in storing or selling our loots, but I agree that coming up with some kind of plan to update castle loots would be a good idea for all the guilds on the server.

However, since it would be a huge overhaul of the system, I think the GMs, CMs, and the community should focus on the spotlight event and the implementation of DG this month since one is already happening and the other is in the process of being released. I believe that the less spread out GM attention is, the more successful these events will be.

I have posted about it many times!

Also : They still need to come up with a solution for supply boxes

Which also affected many guilds - don't start up about how that's something that only affects my guild pls

Edited by Xellie, 07 May 2014 - 05:38 PM.

#32 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:55 PM

#talktome

#33 Dokey

Dokey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:49 PM

Yes, the issue of supply boxes (and a number of other things) also needs to be addressed. However, I stand by my earlier statement that now is not the best time to change those things around as it'd take a lot of time and effort from the GM team. In turn, that would take their attention away from the event they're already putting on which needs some tweaking (Spotlight) and the update they're working on currently and 100% planning to put in this month (DG). I'd rather them focus and get it right :3

#34 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

Yes, the issue of supply boxes (and a number of other things) also needs to be addressed. However, I stand by my earlier statement that now is not the best time to change those things around as it'd take a lot of time and effort from the GM team. In turn, that would take their attention away from the event they're already putting on which needs some tweaking (Spotlight) and the update they're working on currently and 100% planning to put in this month (DG). I'd rather them focus and get it right :3

Of course, they can always wait until there are even less guilds on the server. That seems like a great idea.

#35 Dokey

Dokey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:38 PM

Or they can not fix the event they're putting on now, and people will quit. Now, THAT seems like a great idea.

Or, an even BETTER idea, they can half-a$$ putting in DG ("new" content that the entire server is looking forward to), mess it up, be so busy catering to other demands and dealing with non-relevant posts that they don't notice they've messed it up, and have more people quit over exploits and drama.

Lots of major things need work, but one at a time. Please.

Honestly though, they're screwed no matter what they do. It's in vogue right now for players to threaten to quit whenever they don't get their way =/

#36 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:44 PM

Some people have been threatening to quit for years and never seem to :X

#37 Dokey

Dokey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:15 PM

Dokey come dragons with me like old times. I miss you.

I miss you too! I just got back from vacation and was poking around your guild spot most of the day like a weirdo :3

Edited by Dokey, 07 May 2014 - 09:15 PM.

#38 Skyelover

Skyelover

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:09 AM

What i can't connect? o.O

#39 Razo

Razo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:19 AM

What i can't connect? o.O

Not Alone

Thanks for letting me have some dinner

NVM empty fridge :sob:

guess I'll go to sleep :yawn: :questionmark:

maybe :p_sleep:

maybe not :p_swt:

Edited by Razo, 08 May 2014 - 12:22 AM.

#40 Skyelover

Skyelover

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:23 AM

Not Alone

Thanks for letting me have some dinner

Lol. It seems if you relog, warp or use bwing, you can't get in back

#41 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:32 AM

Lol. It seems if you relog, warp or use bwing, you can't get in back

Weird. I logged in just now and it's working fine. There are a lot of other players still around vend alley.

#42 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:30 AM

remove the dragon respawn timers D:

#43 monica12314

monica12314

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:10 AM

Insta respawn dragon please! =X

#44 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:56 AM

Or they can not fix the event they're putting on now, and people will quit. Now, THAT seems like a great idea.

Or, an even BETTER idea, they can half-a$$ putting in DG ("new" content that the entire server is looking forward to), mess it up, be so busy catering to other demands and dealing with non-relevant posts that they don't notice they've messed it up, and have more people quit over exploits and drama.

Lots of major things need work, but one at a time. Please.

Honestly though, they're screwed no matter what they do. It's in vogue right now for players to threaten to quit whenever they don't get their way =/

I realize this may not be your "thing"; but there are a lot of demands people have been making for a year + that they aren't answering to, DG has been one of them.

Now, as you may have noticed, the number of guilds on Classic plummeted the last couple of weeks, so yes, people are quitting over it. Stagnation of the WoE scene has cost the server a lot of players over the past few weeks... and quite frankly if there is going to be dragons and DG... I would rather there still be people to play with. It's irresponsible that they have left it this long to deal with the supply pressure/lack of value of WoE. But the best thing they could do is to work through it all one thing at a time.

How about that God quest? There are HUGE issues with it, but they haven't fixed that yet. Like how it's developing into a cycle of "ninja-the-next-guild-because-failure-has-no-penalty". Whatever happens, they never fix issues with implementation until the following maint... if at all.

In the mean time, I don't think that "hey guys, lets play dragons!", "but why xellie? I don't want a character on that server, WoE is stupid there I'd rather play <pservername goes here>" is a great situation to be in either.

And just to clear the air, Dokey. I've been pushing for more PVM stuff for a long time because I don't like playing Thors+GD RO. Which btw, if they answer the supply stuff more people will be able to spend more time in dragons instead of GD.

So maybe I'm being selfish by wanting to take part in the event instead of having to take hours out to deal with guild stuff to keep people playing. - THE EXACT REASON I'VE BEEN ASKING FOR A SUPPLY SHAKE UP.

I'm allowed to be selfish too. You should think about other people for once instead of coming on the forums all holier-than-thou at me because yeah I know you don't like me but wow, let me express how I would like to actually play.

how much help do you think guildleaders will get whilst all their guildies are busy spending 24/7 in a time limited event? I know I'm looking straight down the barrel at spending all day every day hunting supply boxes whilst they level. That stress always ends up on one or two people in every guild. Maybe you should try it.

Edited by Xellie, 08 May 2014 - 06:08 AM.

#45 Bucetation

Bucetation

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationTeresina - Piauí - Brazil

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:54 AM

Also, GD exp could be a little better.

#46 WickedElbow

WickedElbow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:30 AM

Oda, let's talk about how to avoid classic from dying.

The truth is we have a bad woe scenarium. But why?

Everyone knows that many guilds quit because they were having a hard time getting supplies. Not everyone can spend 2~3 hours per day hunting supplies...I would say 90% ppl can't. So why not to change that and increase the % on the boxes? I would say 4~5% before gum is a good number.

I saw a few people saying that would be unfair because of the biochemists.....ok, but lower drops won't keep biochemists away. Lower drops would just waste guild leader's time and force them to quit.

Let's say a guild needs 20k bombs per woe. People WILL get 20k no matter what. But they could do in X hours or in XXX hours.

If people have like 2h to play and spend those 2h getting supplied, they won't enjoy the game. In the other hand, if they spend 30m~1h, they can do something else like bg, pvp...

Just imagine how good would be if we had at least 10 guilds WELL SUPPLIED on the server right now...

Classic is the best oficial server around and the reason people don't play here is because they don't have much time. This game is not what it was 5 years ago. Now people are married, have childrens, work, study hard...anyway. If we all want classic to survive, we gotta push for a few changes. Otherwise we gonna see a 2 guild woe soon. And it's not gonna take too long.....

We all gotta push for changes but guild leaders will be easly heard...

Edited by WickedElbow, 08 May 2014 - 08:37 AM.

#47 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:39 AM

Please toss in a speed pots npc that lets you buy speed pots in bulk for 100k or more a pop.

#48 EtNox

EtNox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Server:euRo -> fRo -> Classic

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:50 AM

Oda, let's talk about how to avoid classic from dying.

The truth is we have a bad woe scenarium. But why?

Everyone knows that many guilds quit because they were having a hard time getting supplies. Not everyone can spend 2~3 hours per day hunting supplies...I would say 90% ppl can't. So why not to change that and increase the % on the boxes? I would say 4~5% before gum is a good number.

I saw a few people saying that would be unfair because of the biochemists.....ok, but lower drops won't keep biochemists away. Lower drops would just waste guild leader's time and force them to quit.

Let's say a guild needs 20k bombs per woe. People WILL get 20k no matter what. But they could do in X hours or in XXX hours.

If people have like 2h to play and spend those 2h getting supplied, they won't enjoy the game. In the other hand, if they spend 30m~1h, they can do something else like bg, pvp...

Just imagine how good would be if we had at least 10 guilds WELL SUPPLIED on the server right now...

Classic is the best oficial server around and the reason people don't play here is because they don't have much time. This game is not what it was 5 years ago. Now people are married, have childrens, work, study hard...anyway. If we all want classic to survive, we gotta push for a few changes. Otherwise we gonna see a 2 guild woe soon. And it's not gonna take too long.....

We all gotta push for changes but guild leaders will be easly heard...

Classic had/has tons of issues - holding back content for no reason, randomly customized (and most of the time not properly working) stuff, bots and zenyspammers going ham everywhere while GMs didn't care, etc.

Ragnarok is designed as a MMO - this stands for Massive Multiplayer (!) Onlinegame. The current playerbase is not even close to "massive" or even "multiplayer".

Even if they tossed in tons of supplies for our "WoE-Community" this wouldn't fix anything but keeping a fistful of people playin' for like 2 hours a week, which wouldn't revive this server.

We need a fixed broken leg, not a bunch of drugs so we can "keep going" for another week.

#49 Dokey

Dokey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:54 AM

No, I don't like you. But when I post things, they don't have anything to do with my likes or dislikes of certain people in the game. Can you say the same about yourself?

I really, really, really think that the GMs and community should focus on DG since they've announced it's going to be implemented this month. I'm NOT arguing that there aren't other equally-or-more important things that need to be addressed. But since nearly the whole server is interested in DG and now in its planning phase instead of its idea phase, stick with that until it's done. It's kind of a big deal.

People threatening to quit isn't a thing. It loses its impact when it happens on a bi-weekly basis =/ Besides, DG may bring some people back and keep them here until other changes can be made. 

#50 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:10 AM

No, I don't like you. But when I post things, they don't have anything to do with my likes or dislikes of certain people in the game. Can you say the same about yourself?

Yes actually. If I said what I actually wanted out of the game on a selfish basis, it would be something like 10x rates, Supplies from NPCs / TIs purely. Bio3/Juperos/Thors/AL3/Thanatos would all be on par with thors, third class skills available on scrolls. the only times I really post is because oh let me drop a shocker on you... get this...

Because I want people to actually play and a reason to play with those people around me.

But I gotta throw in there, you don't even know me hun. All you know is me defending what needs to be done so the people around me can play/enjoy the game more. When people threaten that (and/or cheat and drive my friends away) - then I get defensive.

I really, really, really think that the GMs and community should focus on DG since they've announced it's going to be implemented this month. I'm NOT arguing that there aren't other equally-or-more important things that need to be addressed. But since nearly the whole server is interested in DG and now in its planning phase instead of its idea phase, stick with that until it's done. It's kind of a big deal.

It isn't the whole server. The whole server are the people who have been quitting over the issues that have been glossed over the past X months. The only people who care about DG are champs and Valk guild. NOBODY ELSE GIVES A TOSS.

Why don't they deal with the pressing issues we have now before they add more? Your statement is illogical and narrow minded. DG can wait a week, they're supposed to have solved the rest of the stuff other people are asking about months ago!

People threatening to quit isn't a thing. It loses its impact when it happens on a bi-weekly basis =/ Besides, DG may bring some people back and keep them here until other changes can be made.

Who is threatening to quit? I've watched the server population plummet. When I see people strained or stressed from stuff, I point it out and say "HEY THIS AFFECTING THE PLAYER BASE NEGATIVELY".

Count how many WoE guilds exist and tell me they haven't been quitting. Listen to your guildleader bitch about guilds merging up. Why? because only like 4 people on the whole server are willing to deal with that supply crap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users