Classic: Patch notes for May 2014 - Page 4 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic: Patch notes for May 2014

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#76 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:33 AM

I was responding to the quote in my last post; I didn't say a single thing about you. It's redonkulous how you can view a comment about ANYTHING and perceive it as something negative about you or your guild. It distracts from anything worthwhile you might say. If I have anything to say to you, I'll say it directly.

Don't play dumb. You know what I am referring to.

It's also funny that you're telling me not to criticize you or your guild for wanting different things and having different priorities when you do that to my guild all the time. I don't care if you want different things. RO is a game that can be played lots of different ways.

Yes, RO is a game that can be played a lot of different ways. It can also be "not played" a lot of different ways. I do believe that it is harmful to push for content that promotes less gameplay.

My problem comes when you (and other guild leaders) recruit a ton of weekend warriors and then whine that you can't supply them all, when you recruited them in the first place.

That does not sound like my guild. I actually started the guild with a core group of friends and not just for WoE. We WANT to do more PVM. We WANT to do ET, Thors 3, TT, SS. But we also want to do WoE.

I do believe you have been invited to some of our PVM functions. So, please don't throw out accusations that you should very well know to be true.

RO wasn't meant to be played only for WoE.

Exactly my point.

If you choose to WoE, you're meant to level your character until it's WoEable, hunt/ farm gears, and farm supplies (all of which are PvM aspects of the game). Obviously, some things have happened with the game and the people who play it to change that. A lot of people have max level characters with the best gear available right now, so there's no more need to level or farm gear. Some people have time constraints, so they can only be online a few hours a week and don't have the time to farm supplies. Other guildmates pick up the slack for these people. Some even go so far as to make fully leveled and geared characters for others to hop on and play.

And so here is the issue. With the majority of the older RO community being on renewal, they split their time between two servers, if they even play classic at all. Classic appeals to a different kind of player (the pserver player) and has to compete with renewal. The second life nature of RO in the past is no longer possible with an aging playerbase. Hence why players are asking for the WoE prep stuff to be dumbed right down so that PVM can be a thing too.

And all of this is totally fine. It's a natural evolution to the game as the playerbase gets older and has less time available to them. If you recruit people like this, your forces in WoE will be much stronger, but there's a drawback: you'll have to have active guildmates hunt supplies for them as the won't/ can't do it for themselves. If your guildmates won't/ can't do that, then it falls on you as guildleader to do it. And if you have to hunt enough supplies for 40 people all by yourself, then of course you won't have time for other things. But you knowingly recruited people like that to your guild, so it's your issue to deal with. Either suck it up and get farming, encourage your guildies to spend a portion of their RO time helping out, kick people so you don't have as many supplies to farm, or stop leading a guild. I made a conscious decision not to be a guild leader on this server so I wouldn't have to deal with stuff like that, as I am also getting older and have a limited time I can spend on RO. Yet I find things every week to do to contribute to the growth/ maintenance of the guild I'm in.

They DO help out. That's the part you don't get. We play vs guilds who stack huge numbers vs us, with all their cheats and bs. I'm really tired of you making assumptions about my leadership, Valhalla is well supplied, but we want to spend more time playing the rest of the game to well... make the server more lively all around. But hey.

Seems like your solution is "MAKE IT SO LESS PEOPLE PLAY!" Well, that goes against everything that anyone wants on an MMO... I think. Except this hivemind mentality that you and your ilk radiate.... perhaps you would be happier if we weren't in WoE to prevent your econs, or steal your god rolls. Or take your mvps....?

I'd like to get back to proper discussions now.

Don't start what you can't finish, darlin'

#77 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:47 AM

Did you also take the time to throw in a dragon spawn buff too?

#78 kijudoav

kijudoav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • Server:both.

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:52 AM

Personally, I'ld like to see more quests added into the game, the kind of quests that are long, elaborate, with a bit of difficulty, with a rather large EXP payoff.

Maybe less of a fetch-questy based thing, but more like a grand story to tell that rewards players who actually read the dialog.

#79 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

It might just be the x200 turn in

the 100 did give me 24M the first time i turned it in with x3 BM

but either way... please make sure to check both and not just assume because one work the other does too.

During the downtime, we changed the acidus TIs to give multiple chunks instead of large blobs of experience so you should not have the same issue as before. 

#80 Acowlyte

Acowlyte

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Server:Forum Player

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:33 PM

Oda, how much exp Strife gives for killing Petites?

#81 monica12314

monica12314

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:00 AM

when is the spotlight ending?

#82 stockings

stockings

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:33 AM

mkab6wygwy.png

#83 orlibe

orlibe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:54 AM

8fhvla6g.png

#84 Skyelover

Skyelover

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:09 AM

Lol

#85 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:30 AM

when is the spotlight ending?

my nigga..

#86 monica12314

monica12314

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:50 AM

mkab6wygwy.png

huehuehuehue. ty

#87 Bucetation

Bucetation

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationTeresina - Piauí - Brazil

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:33 AM

May 14th

-Easter Quest Ends

-Preview of proposed Dimensional Gorge Update here in the foundry

-One more week of the Hugel Spotlight, chime in with what spotlight you want to see next?

Oda, 

Can we have one week of 2xp and 2x Drop, also, about your question of what spotlight we whant to see, think about Geffen and related Dungeons...

10 years ago we get 99 at Majouros, Stings, and Raydrics, it could be pretty nostalgic and fun to Old Players.

Think About it.

#88 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:46 AM

Lighthalzen/Einbroch Spotlight or Veins/Rachel Spotlight again...

#89 Mordius

Mordius

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTeresina - PI - Brasil
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:09 AM

Oda, 

Can we have one week of 2xp and 2x Drop, also, about your question of what spotlight we whant to see, think about Geffen and related Dungeons...

10 years ago we get 99 at Majouros, Stings, and Raydrics, it could be pretty nostalgic and fun to Old Players.

Think About it.

^^^^^^
| | | | |

Please.

#90 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:23 AM

After the easter bunny left I hope the moon rabbit hat finds his way to kafra shop

#91 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:01 AM

Oda, 

Think About it.

2xp and 2xp Drops its excelent.

But Geffen Spotlight??? :pif: :pif: :pif:

Edited by Xandyzor, 14 May 2014 - 07:02 AM.

#92 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:05 AM

Geffen Spotlight PLS!!!!

For other misc. ideas why not do a weekly quest for hunting woe supplies make it so that people can get GSB needed without GD. I would make it like that beef head quest that's in renewal. I sure it help small guilds out more.

PS. To those people complaining about guild merger. Most of the mergers happened because of real life stuff made it hard to be GL. So if you complain not everybody is able to spend all day playing RO.

#93 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:07 AM

2xp and 2xp Drops its excelent.

But Geffen Spotlight??? :pif: :pif: :pif:

That's because we want Ray Cards for are Nid Garb or Dia Garment

#94 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:08 AM

I think Geffen would be nice too.

Though a dual spotlight would be nice. Maybe both Geffen/GH areas and Einbroch/Einbech areas at the same time during the next spotlight event.

Geffen Fields, Orc dungeons, Geffen Dungeon, HG maps, and the Einbroch/Einbech Fields/Dungeons, as well as the Brit Guild dungeon map.

Edited by HikariYari, 14 May 2014 - 09:16 AM.

#95 Greyhame

Greyhame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:48 AM

Glast Heim spotlight.

#96 azertygf

azertygf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 688 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:55 AM

can we have event with bloody branch please 

#97 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:12 AM

can we have event with bloody branch please 

No.

Please don't devalue the rare and valuable BBs already in the server.

#98 azertygf

azertygf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 688 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:27 AM

please ODA we want fun mvp party :D and solo mvp if we want. Bloody branch is so coooooooooool 8D

#99 dude

dude

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:36 AM

2x exp

#100 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts