• Members
  • 1622 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:36 PM

Patch Notes 5/14

*More notes may come. 

1. Event

A. Spring Festival will be ending.

*The Anniversary Event will end on May 28th.

2. Kafra Update

A. Phantom Pyramid

i. Floor 7's Steel's Will will be changed to Undertaker.

B. Munil Exchange

i. Nerd Glasses will be changed into Corrupted Mask. 

C. Set Effects

i. New Sets

-Undertaker and Corrupted Mask (until 6/25)

Condition: Equipping the Undertaker and Corrupted Mask will give 2% increases in Vitality, Acceleration and Crit, and a 4% increase in Accuracy

D. Fusion

i. You can now fuse the Undertaker. 

3. Bug Fixes

A. Kafra Shop gifting will work as intended.

#2 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:51 PM

Yes!! Costumes!!

#3 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

What about the anniversary event? Is that going to be extended? (considering there's still people that are waiting for the jump option for characters from what I see in the forums >.>)

Edited by inuko23, 12 May 2014 - 03:06 PM.

#4 Rodriggo

Rodriggo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:12 PM

What about the anniversary event? Is that going to be extended? (considering there's still people that are waiting for the jump option for characters from what I see in the forums >.>)

^THIS is exactly what I was going to ask. I was just checking the date on the other thread before asking and it says 5/14.

Is Anniversary event ending this week?

And yes, I'm very much aware of the "More notes may come" part, buy as I see other event update (about spring festival) I had to ask :B

#5 samsam2610

samsam2610

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:46 PM

Bb mah free VIP  :p_cry:

#6 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:56 PM

The npc to exchange bunny titles should be remain (1-2 weeks should enough) so people can use sulky bunny or sell them to other people (mainly jumpers :P :P)...

#7 hunterxros

hunterxros

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationChannel 3, Alberta
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:59 PM

Where is the Skill Balancing :questionmark:

#8 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

Where is the Skill Balancing :questionmark:

2 weeks away. Might change but that's the date planned.

Edited by Tiduspeco, 12 May 2014 - 04:08 PM.

#9 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

All that waiting for...that?

#10 skippyang

skippyang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:54 PM

Question:

Any chances where there are more event's coming? It's more lively in RO2 with events where all the chaos of buying, selling, farming, and grinding stuff happens, I so want dark costumes?

Made it off Topic:

Any chance of improving the RO2 interface where we could search AH items faster? Where is there is no character limit upon typing in the search? Where there is a suggestion of what item a player is look up upon typing the wrong spelling? Where we could search items that are weapons only for the specific class not the specific ML level?

Any chance of implementing a new and better search system for cards, kharas, and monster summoning interface?

It take so much time just to search those when we could be grinding and get right down to playing?

Any chance of getting a better Mail Interface? Where Multiple delete is possible? Where Long messages can be typed? Where more items can be send instantaneously? Where we can open the bag while composing mail?

Any chance of getting to summon pets permanently?

Any chance where I could just drag drop items from overlapping bags, and auto arrange itself instead?

Any chance where RO2client gets a manual file checking button, like combat arms?

Any chance where the client stops users from updating when server is on maintenance, thus stoping users from getting, "Post Patch File Failed?"

Any chance of fixing that dreaded BeastMaster bug where it gets stuck in Tiger from upon executing the skill Beast Charge?

Any chance of Fixing that dreaded Assassin's skill bug?

http://forums.warppo...-bugs-ro2-bugs/

All right the list goes on... I'm gonna post bugs and anything I see that's worth being fixed/improved by the Devs every update post by admins here... Because I think they're not getting enough attention(The thread where I am suppose to post bugs is considered a minority), and is ignored due to the pile of topics, trolls, and not enough population(minority).... Anyone joining me to post bugs and suggestions every update post for getting those bugs and improved features becoming a reality real fast? After all majority wins!...

:/ Still a long way to go! Yet to to providing a very rich experience! Step it up! Everquest Next might just become my next game! Did I mention that players can trade items for real money in EverQuestNext(Up Coming Game), where a $0.99 in-game item is sold to the other player for real money, and a $0.02 is earned by Sony upon selling those items... Multiplying that 0.02cents by 5000 transactions per day? WIN-WIN for the gamers and the company... o.0

That's how ebay started out... People sell stuff by posting items on ebay and once an item has been sold to other customers, ebay earns a cents per transaction of millions. That's how the owner of ebay became so rich, and now Sony is implementing that system to EverquestNext... Apple also did this with their AppStore copied by other company? I might just ditch this game!? Anyone following suit?

Edited by skippyang, 12 May 2014 - 06:01 PM.

#11 lokasenna

lokasenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:17 PM

dude they can barely release patches without bugs, what makes you think they can do an overhaul like what you're suggesting any time soon?

#12 Audn

Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:53 PM

2 weeks away. Might change but that's the date planned.

Two more weeks stuck in the most shallow endgame ever. I wanted to start working out, anyway...

#13 DragoKan

DragoKan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

Patch Notes 5/14

*More notes may come. 

1. Event

A. Spring Festival will be ending.

2. Kafra Update

A. Phantom Pyramid

i. Floor 7's Steel's Will will be changed to Undertaker.

B. Munil Exchange

i. Nerd Glasses will be changed into Corrupted Mask. 

C. Set Effects

i. New Sets

-Undertaker and Corrupted Mask (until 6/25)

Condition: Equipping the Undertaker and Corrupted Mask will give 2% increases in Vitality, Acceleration and Crit, and a 4% increase in Accuracy

D. Fusion

i. You can now fuse the Undertaker. 

640px-Triple-facepalm.jpg

#14 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:32 PM

fWa93se.jpg

#15 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:10 PM

2. Kafra Update

D. Fusion

i. You can now fuse the Undertaker

tjMp8XK.png

Edited by Tiduspeco, 12 May 2014 - 09:11 PM.

#16 Ahkam

Ahkam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:55 PM

no skill balancing? see ya next month

#17 skippyang

skippyang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:58 PM

Well not asking for those really fast! Just putting my voice out for people out there, because:

Putting it in the warpportal support where all the dreaded and overly zelous complains are sometimes disclosed indefinetely by some incompetent support people out there, and if not brought to the head honcho's attention. It won't ever be fixed/improve!

Where a ticket submited to support is disclosed indefinetely and sometimes not-resolve, and not reported to the head honcho. Better put it in forums(especially here) cause people can read it and try out the bug and then populate the support to let them know really loud that it's their, thus the bug becoming know as majority and priority, thus fixed! Hence Majority wins! Point made Twice!

Bugs written in forums stays longer! (Maybe not enough people are posting bugs due to the population of 10,000 players in RO2

They are re-rolling stats, skill, and might as well get rid of the bugs and add more feature!

This game is one of the bread and butter for the people behind it! Many are competing for the market share, but very few succeed... Players are one of the stake holders(I pay monthly for VIP and stuff in KP). There's also that indirect leeching of F2P players from us if we want more zenniesxD from AH...

I should mention that this game was only developed for a year, and re-rolled out after 2-3 months. It's that fast! But they also had 10 years in between to develope RO2. There was so much time to develope RO2 while milking RO1! Now there just kinda rolling it to improve bit by bit... Maybe because the money to develope and reroll RO2 definetely costed so much, thats why KP items cost so much.

So I am giving a cheering shout out to the devs and the head honcho because I am the player, and I am the one among other players who experience the games a lot more than they do. Also, maybe the devs had their pride and ego that they won't admit to themselves that the game needs improvement, and maybe that they are thinking, "Oh! I am proud and egotistical about what I made, and its the best their is. No need chaging and improvementp players

And as a player, I ask you a question?
Wouldn't you want a flying kafra in Morroc,
to travel faster to those portals?

A pet which stays summoned indefinetely? I am wishing for those!

A better refine system with no weapon loss and refine decrease to +10 with little to no decreases?

Would you like a very fast animations which allows a player to skill rotate in no time. Where you don't have to wait 3 seconds before casting the next skill?

A wedding system with shared storage?

A male wearing a female cotume, or vice versa?

The biggest question is, are the devs skillfull and talented enough to make it happened really fast for the players in order for warpportal to earn large sum of money for their stakeholders?

#18 skippyang

skippyang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:04 PM

Can't wait for more notes, and Good News Zanbee!

#19 hxinen

hxinen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Server:-retired-

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:13 PM

Is Anniversary event ending TOMORROW?

Edited by hxinen, 13 May 2014 - 12:45 AM.

#20 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:22 PM

In my country we say: no news good news, well seems i have more time to BEG for an Osiris party that do also bosses (really guys don't you like large bags, recipes and free materials? ) On the other hand I'm really pissed i won't have all the event stuff on my jumping cara because i still don't have my jump!!!

#21 ZefirusKZ

ZefirusKZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:43 PM

I just want to know, if the anniversary event will still be on after the maintenance. Steam and Aeria users still don't have their jump characters and they won't be getting any event items.

#22 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:33 AM

<too long to quote>

The true issue is that there are only 500 players left. Although there might be users without a steam account, there are surely enough bots around as well. All in all, that's enough to keep the server running, still earning money from rune remover, costume boxes, etc. and maybe enough to supplement the wager of a few in charge, but it isn't much for other things. That's why I suggested an issue or ticket based donation system.

A quick side note: In Germany, we have something I'd call a cinema crisis. That's why it happens more and more often that I am one of the few, who sit in a room suited for more than 500 viewers. But still, neither the owner, nor the movie distributors are willing to reduce the ticket prices. Now translate that to Ragnarok: The question would be, why the kafra points haven't changed, despite the decreasing population...  A rune enhancement elixir still costs about 2€, a super large back still 16€. On contrast, they decided to spam you with bottable and abusable events.

But despite all that, the most imminent problem is to fix the current balancing, just to allow new players to join and existing players to stay in the game. And that even excludes bug fixes. As long as you would be still able to play the game and to enjoy it at least 90% of the time, that's acceptable.

If I would be given a chance, I would implement certain things myself.F.e. most of the upcoming changes aren't difficult to implement. Changing the mana costs or the damage multiplier of a skill shouldn't be more than altering a number in a tbl file (or something similar). If the framework isn't totally screwed or korean-specific, defense and damage formulas wouldn't be an issue either.

But as you can see with the current jump event and the steam-user issues, the devs still don't have a plan or overall vision and repeat old errors over and over again. The time they have to spend right now to implement an IP-address limitation or to resolve issues with steam could have been used to improve the game instead.

#23 monimonih

monimonih

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationMilan (Italy)

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:52 AM

A. 1st Anniversary Event (4/23-5/14)

from last patch note.

#24 havocka

havocka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:08 AM

Yes, ditto to above related to Anniversary Event. Any confirmation if it is going to end on 14 May 2014?

And, what time would the event end? Upon implementation of the patch? Then, what time would the patch starts? 

Reason is, I'm in Asia timezone..   :hmm: 

#25 skippyang

skippyang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:16 AM

The true issue is that there are only 500 players left. Although there might be users without a steam account, there are surely enough bots around as well. All in all, that's enough to keep the server running, still earning money from rune remover, costume boxes, etc. and maybe enough to supplement the wager of a few in charge, but it isn't much for other things. That's why I suggested an issue or ticket based donation system.

A quick side note: In Germany, we have something I'd call a cinema crisis. That's why it happens more and more often that I am one of the few, who sit in a room suited for more than 500 viewers. But still, neither the owner, nor the movie distributors are willing to reduce the ticket prices. Now translate that to Ragnarok: The question would be, why the kafra points haven't changed, despite the decreasing population... A rune enhancement elixir still costs about 2€, a super large back still 16€. On contrast, they decided to spam you with bottable and abusable events.

But despite all that, the most imminent problem is to fix the current balancing, just to allow new players to join and existing players to stay in the game. And that even excludes bug fixes. As long as you would be still able to play the game and to enjoy it at least 90% of the time, that's acceptable.

If I would be given a chance, I would implement certain things myself.F.e. most of the upcoming changes aren't difficult to implement. Changing the mana costs or the damage multiplier of a skill shouldn't be more than altering a number in a tbl file (or something similar). If the framework isn't totally screwed or korean-specific, defense and damage formulas wouldn't be an issue either.

But as you can see with the current jump event and the steam-user issues, the devs still don't have a plan or overall vision and repeat old errors over and over again. The time they have to spend right now to implement an IP-address limitation or to resolve issues with steam could have been used to improve the game instead.

Hmm... You definitely have a point their.... But the Jump event could be test phase for players who had been away for a long period of time, seeing how they offer it in a fashion where players who are currently playing could send invites for existing players who aren't playing for a very long period of time, are getting a jump character. This jump could also become an in-game Kafra Shop item for existing users whom has a 1 main High Level characters and don't want to do all that questing from lvl 1, and I think it's currently in test phases for the team behind RO2. Right now it's a failure, seeing how the admins have to inject manually and how players have to send tickets in warpportal site for admins to inject jump event manually...

People probably dont realize the importance of a main character in this game. Say for example, I have a main with a full fledge BlackSmith. I could easily equip good gears for my low level characters, provided I have the right ingredients gathered by main character.

It is easier to farm with high lvl char on low level mobs for my other low level character equipment. It is slow when I gather ingredients on a low level char just to equip good gears. This saving time!

Now that I think about it... There might be more noel classes coming seeing how they are implementing this kind of jump event... Would love to see a gunslinger noels... I'll save that 'free' jump if I were you?!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users