#26 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:31 AM

Hmm... You definitely have a point their.... But the Jump event could be test phase for players who had been away for a long period of time, seeing how they offer it in a fashion where players who are currently playing could send invites for existing players who aren't playing for a very long period of time, are getting a jump character. This jump could also become an in-game Kafra Shop item for existing users whom has a 1 main High Level characters and don't want to do all that questing from lvl 1, and I think it's currently in test phases for the team behind RO2. Right now it's a failure, seeing how the admins have to inject manually and how players have to send tickets in warpportal site for admins to inject jump event manually...

People probably dont realize the importance of a main character in this game. Say for example, I have a main with a full fledge BlackSmith. I could easily equip good gears for my low level characters, provided I have the right ingredients gathered by main character.

It is easier to farm with high lvl char on low level mobs for my other low level character equipment. It is slow when I gather ingredients on a low level char just to equip good gears. This saving time!

Now that I think about it... There might be more noel classes coming seeing how they are implementing this kind of jump event... Would love to see a gunslinger noels... I'll save that 'free' jump if I were you?!

Uh.. I also doubt this is testing for some future thing, but, other things here..

With how the game is now, artisan/blacksmith is incredibly useless for pre-ML gear. It takes too long to get mats for a tiny boost that is quickly outleveled (token gear from dungeons is better if you have someone to help you through, but, even random field drops/gear you get from quests outpowers crafted gear). Blacksmith is worse off since a Pandora's weapon will take you to level 40+. Maybe for some classes it can be helpful to have an alchemist for pots (SP for magic), but otherwise? I've leveled various characters recently, and the only help I used from my alts was starting off with 3 medium bags. I've even skipped dungeons and been fine with gear..

And no, I also highly doubt new Noel classes are going in soon. Given how slow development is.. we were given a loose "plan" for what will come out through June (which is when the jump event ends - saving is useless since the option will go away next month) and there was nothing about classes.

#27 minimara

minimara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:21 AM

2 weeks away. Might change but that's the date planned.

So two more weeks of having an unfinished balance patch some great planning on warp portals part.

Edited by minimara, 13 May 2014 - 05:23 AM.

#28 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:27 AM

So two more weeks of having an unfinished balance patch some great planning on warp portals part.

It's not WP's issue, they put out the patches when they can. It's up to the Devs when they decide when they feel like sending patches/patch notes to wp. :p_swt:

#29 Quetzalcoatlx

Quetzalcoatlx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:46 AM

lol so what if they can't get item from jump event? thats not the purpose of it. you are a big LOL

#30 minimara

minimara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:14 AM

It's not WP's issue, they put out the patches when they can. It's up to the Devs when they decide when they feel like sending patches/patch notes to wp. :p_swt:

Its still not okat that we have HALF maybe less of a balance patch. Also they should exercise their ability to not patch the game sometimes.

Edited by minimara, 13 May 2014 - 06:17 AM.

#31 Cookiemonst3r

Cookiemonst3r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:23 AM

Warp Portal is a subsidiary wholly owned by Gravity, because it has a different title doesn't mean you can shift blame to one or the other.  They're both at fault.

#32 minimara

minimara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:26 AM

Warp Portal is a subsidiary wholly owned by Gravity, because it has a different title doesn't mean you can shift blame to one or the other. They're both at fault.

Yep which is why they should communicate better so they know what is going on.

#33 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:35 AM

An event totally unrelated to the aniversary that allows one to jump a character from 1 to 50 instantly (both class and job) with announcements about telling people to return to the game to greet them with a grind fest.

An easily bottable event that permits the easy farming of materials for an easy leveling and tons of lots of many much much refining.

An event that begs the player to buy everything refinement/honing related for cheap.

An event that, technically, grants everyone around with at least 1 year worth of VIP powers.

An event that would gift away +10 weapons, that I bet smart people will save for the next gear set, set that will override the current end game gear set (Osiris) and everyone will have to start over their gear refining from +0 because they spent all their Infinium in Osiris.

Makes me think: They are feeling kind or they are just THAT desperate.

Great patch notes, weren't the previous patch canceled so something badass would be put on this one? Oh well, who gives? Life keeps going, and going.

#34 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:38 AM

The true issue is that there are only 500 players left. Although there might be users without a steam account, there are surely enough bots around as well.

WP has already confirmed that Steam users only make up a small percentage of the actual player base. Most players do not use Steam so the actual player base is unknown. I can see if I can get the actual numbers later but I don't think they give out that information.

#35 minimara

minimara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:43 AM

WP has already confirmed that Steam users only make up a small percentage of the actual player base. Most players do not use Steam so the actual player base is unknown. I can see if I can get the actual numbers later but I don't think they give out that information.

500 is a small percentage is a blatent lie look at how many people you see in the game when going nnywhere that isnt pront or morroc it would only be a small percentage if they are using alt chars and all the alt accounts people made for lvl 50 jump,

#36 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:23 AM

We probably won't be getting anything new until Gravity sort out their dilemma.

#37 iLoveMM

iLoveMM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:17 AM

how can i get my jump character without signing up for a new account in aeria??

#38 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:02 AM

how can i get my jump character without signing up for a new account in aeria??

http://forums.warppo...898-jump-event/

#39 jams123

jams123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:15 AM

I know the anniversary event was previously said to be ending 5/14, but I also know you guys like to extend events. Can we please get a definite answer so we know if we need to turn in tokens or can keep saving them?

#40 Chaostamer149

Chaostamer149

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:19 PM

Patch Notes 5/14

*More notes may (not) come.

NOTHING

spongebobmmo.gif?w=640

Edited by Chaostamer149, 13 May 2014 - 01:26 PM.

#41 Blondheart

Blondheart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:42 PM

I was expecting skill rebalance this week too, however I am patient to wait.  I would rather they take a little more time to work on it and get it right with no bugs than release it too soon.  People keep asking for that, so when they invest a little more time in something you get upset.  There is no way they can win.

As for whoever said there are only 500 players left...please don't put false info out there.  We have almost 100 ACTIVE players in our new guild alone.  You can't know how many players there are.  Besides a lot of people don't chat in pub chat or you just don't see them, but it doesn't mean they aren't there.  

It almost makes me not want to come to the forums to see all the crying by people who say they are going to leave cause they can't have what they want the second they want it.  

Is the game perfect...no.  Is it still fun...YES.  There are lots of things to do.  All this crying and false info spreading is doing is causing undue negativity. 

Edited by Blondheart, 13 May 2014 - 01:43 PM.

#42 skippyang

skippyang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:02 PM

Yup.... That's why I cheer on the dev's to step up!

Uh.. I also doubt this is testing for some future thing, but, other things here..

With how the game is now, artisan/blacksmith is incredibly useless for pre-ML gear. It takes too long to get mats for a tiny boost that is quickly outleveled (token gear from dungeons is better if you have someone to help you through, but, even random field drops/gear you get from quests outpowers crafted gear). Blacksmith is worse off since a Pandora's weapon will take you to level 40+. Maybe for some classes it can be helpful to have an alchemist for pots (SP for magic), but otherwise? I've leveled various characters recently, and the only help I used from my alts was starting off with 3 medium bags. I've even skipped dungeons and been fine with gear..

And no, I also highly doubt new Noel classes are going in soon. Given how slow development is.. we were given a loose "plan" for what will come out through June (which is when the jump event ends - saving is useless since the option will go away next month) and there was nothing about classes.

There's some point in to that...  Hmm... Well, for me it's incredible useful, since I am just starting out to make new characters, I solo play lots, there's also the option of just grinding mob 1-50lvl, and do the quest in ML lvl(Quest Yield More Points).  Those mats would incredible be helpful. A Hell's Valkrie gear would be good for my other character for that reason and purpose....

That got me thinking... The Jump could have been a really useful implementation for people who haven't play for a very long time... Why didn't they make possible to for players to jump from lvl1-ML lvl 1, and then from there do the storyline quest, while accumulating ML points....

If other games other than RO2 is getting it... Maybe there trying to get a reaction from us? Who know's its trade secret by WP and Gravity... But a few things are for sure, the updates are slow, bugs are existent, no new features implemented, even though are suggested in the forums(They are getting suggestions for free for -_- sake), and they are not telling if features are in test phases, because it's a 'complete' game to a lot of people.(Smell like Propaganda)

I am aware to the mindset of the devs that it's not possible to eliminate bugs completely, and implementing features takes time and testing. They should really should make it clear if these features are on test phases. So we all know and won't troll to much about them, and test them out...

Side Note:

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantom(F2P Game made by Ubisoft) made an improvement of the game within 2 years and 6 months based on the forums suggestions... The game is incredibly balance and fluid, plus the graphics are crisp even in low setting... RO2 on the other hand ==" is currently been ages since good development has been made....

Edited by skippyang, 13 May 2014 - 02:16 PM.

#43 skippyang

skippyang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:13 PM

Hi, there!

We typically see over 5,000 unique accounts log in per day, with anywhere from 1,100-1500+ players on at any given time depending on the day and time of day.

That how many players there are in RO2... http://forums.warppo.../?hl=population... There is your answer! It is said by an Admin....

Edited by skippyang, 13 May 2014 - 02:13 PM.

#44 GarudaBlack

GarudaBlack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:39 PM

2 weeks away. Might change but that's the date planned.

It would be nice see a preview of this update to discuss and gather some feedback. 

Edited by GarudaBlack, 13 May 2014 - 02:40 PM.

#45 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:55 PM

I was expecting skill rebalance this week too, however I am patient to wait. I would rather they take a little more time to work on it and get it right with no bugs than release it too soon. People keep asking for that, so when they invest a little more time in something you get upset. There is no way they can win.

As for whoever said there are only 500 players left...please don't put false info out there. We have almost 100 ACTIVE players in our new guild alone. You can't know how many players there are. Besides a lot of people don't chat in pub chat or you just don't see them, but it doesn't mean they aren't there.

It almost makes me not want to come to the forums to see all the crying by people who say they are going to leave cause they can't have what they want the second they want it.

Is the game perfect...no. Is it still fun...YES. There are lots of things to do. All this crying and false info spreading is doing is causing undue negativity.

I take that as an insult and when the time comes I intend to post every detail of why the game and the company failed over the past decade.

#46 skippyang

skippyang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:52 PM

I take that as an insult and when the time comes I intend to post every detail of why the game and the company failed over the past decade.

I am with you... It is up to you to take it in a negative way! But to me I am shouting out for a positive improvements from negative criticism... It's like someone said a negative thing about you, and the response could be; 'I'll take it a negative way and don't do anything, or take it in a positive way and make improvements.' If a game is highly rated in the first place there would be more people logging-in, which is more fun for us players, and more revenue for the company(They won't even have to to that Jump Event)... After all the word of mouth to spread that the game is good, and the relationship building skills with the players of the team behind it, the one's who are managing it effective, and the will of the devs to produce a great game could equally have given us players(the customers) the highly anticipate game in the first place....

Instead of excuses... Can someone find that topic in the forum where a post says, This is a different game than RO and learn how to play it... It was posted by admins... People are also saying that devs are making quick and lazy fixes... Someone find those topic in the forum?!

Edited by skippyang, 13 May 2014 - 04:09 PM.

#47 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:31 PM

It would be nice see a preview of this update to discuss and gather some feedback. 

Sadly even the VCR team hasn't been able to get anything from this update because the internal server is being a bad boy and isn't cooperating. Hopefully we can get in before the weekend and start testing it out. I'm sure details will start spreading by this weekend.

#48 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

There's some point in to that...  Hmm... Well, for me it's incredible useful, since I am just starting out to make new characters, I solo play lots, there's also the option of just grinding mob 1-50lvl, and do the quest in ML lvl(Quest Yield More Points).  Those mats would incredible be helpful. A Hell's Valkrie gear would be good for my other character for that reason and purpose....

That got me thinking... The Jump could have been a really useful implementation for people who haven't play for a very long time... Why didn't they make possible to for players to jump from lvl1-ML lvl 1, and then from there do the storyline quest, while accumulating ML points....

If other games other than RO2 is getting it... Maybe there trying to get a reaction from us? Who know's its trade secret by WP and Gravity... But a few things are for sure, the updates are slow, bugs are existent, no new features implemented, even though are suggested in the forums(They are getting suggestions for free for -_- sake), and they are not telling if features are in test phases, because it's a 'complete' game to a lot of people.

I am aware to the mindset of the devs that it's not possible to eliminate bugs completely, and implementing features takes time and testing. They should really should make it clear if these features are on test phases. So we all know and won't troll to much about them, and test them out...

Then if you only grind, you should get gear drops that are better than crafted for alts. Plus, the designs for Hell's Valk are very rare/expensive, plus mats cost.. I doubt you can get them as a solo player without kp buying.. :p_swt:

Certain classes can jump then right away take the ML test. Maybe not all, but, the tank classes at least can do it.. little bit of prep and it's not a big deal. No need to jump to ML.

...and suggestions are kinda the easiest part, you know.. They've been working on Dark Whisper Fortress for several months (judging by client mining).. so um.. yeah. The creating it and in theory testing it is the hold up here...

#49 VModSushi

VModSushi

Community Lurker

• VMod Retired
  • 851 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:17 PM

2. Kafra Update

D. Fusion

i. You can now fuse the Undertaker

tjMp8XK.png