Patch Notes 5/14

180 replies to this topic

#51 Frus

Frus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:40 PM

Is it still fun...YES.  There are lots of things to do.  

name me some

#52 skippyang

skippyang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

Then if you only grind, you should get gear drops that are better than crafted for alts. Plus, the designs for Hell's Valk are very rare/expensive, plus mats cost.. I doubt you can get them as a solo player without kp buying.. :p_swt:

Certain classes can jump then right away take the ML test. Maybe not all, but, the tank classes at least can do it.. little bit of prep and it's not a big deal. No need to jump to ML.

...and suggestions are kinda the easiest part, you know.. They've been working on Dark Whisper Fortress for several months (judging by client mining).. so um.. yeah. The creating it and in theory testing it is the hold up here...

Hmm.....Why is it that Blacksmith and Artisan are somewhat useful from lvl1-lvl50? And raid gears being better than the one crafted by BlackSmith? In a way it screw the economy? Is it because of the re-rolling of the game? Where the low level gears were the thing of pre-AOV, why is it zoo darn hard to get those Valkrie designs, and mats, when Osiris gears are considered as an end game item?

The Jobs are another thing they should have a look at from ml lvl1-lvl50... It's hard finding and grabbing those mats in solo when it can just be picked up in dungeon with even better stats... I think the design and the valkrie should be drops outside of dungeon starting in road of bless or Sogratt dessert... Maybe that way the economy won't be so ==" meh!

My reaction to Raid Dungeon =  :rice: and  :happy: meh!

Side note: The game I use to play called international Warrock, was so focused on the Clans that they ignored all the other players immediate needs such as getting rid of the hackers effectively, and implementing features suggested by the players, and getting rid of bugs, and because they ignored the players need and implementing things effectively, that after 1 year or so, they sold it off to Nexon... The game was managed effectively after the takeover... No more hackers, and lots of improvement was made... Plus they listened to the players in forum who are helping them how to keep the game alive and make more money... After all WarpPortal and Gravity is a company after all... So money is another thing they mostly concern about to keep the game running...

#53 hxinen

hxinen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:-retired-

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:54 PM

Yay event extended!

Edited by hxinen, 14 May 2014 - 09:53 PM.

#54 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:13 PM

Hmm.....Why is it that Blacksmith and Artisan are somewhat useful from lvl1-lvl50? And raid gears being better than the one crafted by BlackSmith? In a way it screw the economy? Is it because of the re-rolling of the game? Where the low level gears were the thing of pre-AOV, why is it zoo darn hard to get those Valkrie designs, and mats, when Osiris gears are considered as an end game item?

The Jobs are another thing they should have a look at from ml lvl1-lvl50... It's hard finding and grabbing those mats in solo when it can just be picked up in dungeon with even better stats... I think the design and the valkrie should be drops outside of dungeon starting in road of bless or Sogratt dessert... Maybe that way the economy won't be so ==" meh!

My reaction to Raid Dungeon = :rice: and :happy: meh!

Side note: The game I use to play called international Warrock, was so focused on the Clans that they ignored all the other players immediate needs such as getting rid of the hackers effectively, and implementing features suggested by the players, and getting rid of bugs, and because they ignored the players need and implementing things effectively, that after 1 year or so, they sold it off to Nexon... The game was managed effectively after the takeover... No more hackers, and lots of improvement was made... Plus they listened to the players in forum who are helping them how to keep the game alive and make more money... After all WarpPortal and Gravity is a company after all... So money is another thing they mostly concern about to keep the game running...

1) Raid gears arent better than blacksmith crafted raid gears.
(Crafteds got 2 runeseeds when raid gears got 0-1 but gears at CoA and AoD got set effects as a bonus which was way nicer to get)

2)since 90% back then raided (reminding there was a waaaaaaaaay more ppl back then)the chances for recipes are low chance but there always dropped them sso theycould supply them to AH/craft them hence the small price (plus market wasnt inflated back then). Now its a miracle to see someone raiding since ppl got OVERBUFFED gears.
Now hardly ppl raid so you dont get many recipes from raids hence the high price (inflated market BTW)

3) Raid gear recipes to drop from a INCREDIBLY NORMAL dungeon = Fail and NO since they wont be raid gears and farming them in a dungeon results them to have low price snyways (since 0,05% popularity needs it) and it makes raiding lose every potential of sctually doing it...

4) anniversary event extended o.o

#55 skippyang

skippyang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

Yay letter event extended!

Woot!! Farming Letters till May28... Waiting for improvement patches... 

#56 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:46 PM

Uhh, they're extending the Anniversary Event (the one with the quests that give you a large bag and tokens and other stuff). The letter event was stated to end on the 28th before. 

Patch Notes 4/23

*Subject to change anytime

2. Events

A. 1st Anniversary Event (4/23-5/14)

1. To start the Anniversary Event Quests, find Clinkz near the Prontera Fountain.
          i. Finishing the quests will give the following items:
                  -1 Day Elite VIP
                  -1 Large Bag
                  -2 Phantom Stones
                  -2 Adventure Battle Manuals
                  -Anniversary Tokens

B. 1st Anniversary Letter Collection (4/23- 5/28)

Edited by inuko23, 13 May 2014 - 08:47 PM.

#57 Frus

Frus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:09 PM

i like how they realized they released a lame patch (again), extended the anniversary event (again), and ppl are happy (again)

#58 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:26 PM

i like how they realized they released a lame patch (again), extended the anniversary event (again), and ppl are happy (again)

At last they tried to partially fix the mess done whit the jump event, all the qualified to get the jump will have the opportunity to do the event quest as the others also if they don't get the jump option yet. I say partially because who already got the jump has 2 weeks more than us veteran jumpers <.<

#59 monimonih

monimonih

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationMilan (Italy)

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:43 PM

I'm not really happy with it.
We aren't making things together because everyone is farming letters, that's boring sometimes  :p_swt:

#60 skippyang

skippyang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:06 AM

name me some

Yeah... Name it! (Aggro challenge* :mad: :boogie:  )

(Crafteds got 2 runeseeds when raid gears got 0-1 but gears at CoA and AoD got set effects as a bonus which was way nicer to get)

2)since 90% back then raided (reminding there was a waaaaaaaaay more ppl back then)the chances for recipes are low chance but there always dropped them so they could supply them to AH/craft them hence the small price (plus market wasnt inflated back then). Now its a miracle to see someone raiding since ppl got OVERBUFFED gears.
Now hardly ppl raid so you dont get many recipes from raids hence the high price (inflated market BTW)

3) Raid gear recipes to drop from a INCREDIBLY NORMAL dungeon = Fail and NO since they wont be raid gears and farming them in a dungeon results them to have low price snyways (since 0,05% popularity needs it) and it makes raiding lose every potential of sctually doing it...

4) anniversary event extended o.o

Another one of the issues of RO2 that I found out today...  :bow:  :sob: I think those crafted items need some changes with the advent of AOV, since many players are going ML rather than raid in lvl50.... Is that why when I ask in the public chat, 'What is broken in RO2? And the answer I get is, 'Everything....'  :heh:

Well who wouldn't be happy about exchanging those letters for pet DNA, even though it feels like I was bribed into it...  :happy:

#61 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:21 AM

Yeah... Name it! (Aggro challenge* :mad: :boogie: )

Another one of the issues of RO2 that I found out today... :bow: :sob: I think those crafted items need some changes with the advent of AOV, since many players are going ML rather than raid in lvl50.... Is that why when I ask in the public chat, 'What is broken in RO2? And the answer I get is, 'Everything....' :heh:

Well who wouldn't be happy about exchanging those letters for pet DNA, even though it feels like I was bribed into it... :happy:

Thing is they gave up on PreAoV content > PreAoV Stats and system > RHD (Random Hard Dungeon) > Raids (Bapho,PvE,CoA,AoD,Chaos).

Thats why we got Dayr gears which stats and def (PreAoV def x 2-3) are doubled on ML1 Gears :v

And for the loving memory of deleted 158 Quests because of "Streamlining"

If they wouldnt have gave up there would be much bigger endgame lvl 1-50 > Rhd > Raid > Bapho+ PvE arena Normal > Bapho + PvE Arena Hard > CoA N > CoA H > Abandon Of Despair N AoD H (at this point you could start try Master lvl quest (low chance of success) > Chaos gears > Ml exam > Grind ML 1-7 Condors > Grind Ml 7-11/13 Muka > Grind ML13-20 Osiris Tomb > Farm Osiris gears > Grind +20 skill and 100 stat points. (My ideal progression with PreAoV Stats including NOT so overbuffed dayr gears with AoV "Features" Honing etc...if there would be bugs then obv they would focus it since this progrssion takes 3-5 months to pass but no raid lockouts >.<)

Eitherway it will never happen since they go theyr own way but they gave up on Pre AoV stuff.

As Vau said referring to jump event "R.I.P Ro2:LOTS" or smth like that. Either way...meh :v

#62 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:39 AM

Only thing I'd point out here is that RHD/CoA/AoD (T1/T3/T4) only have gloves/boots, and only Bapho/PvE (T2) have top/bottom crafts. All have weapons, none have hats.. so you won't be able to get a set of the "best" if you go all crafted. :p_swt: Also, in order to get a T4 weapon, you need to upgrade starting from T1.. and good luck doing that now.

I would've liked to see previous tier gears optionally used to make the next tier (as was somewhat said at the start, but apparently it was a translation error in "use field drop gear"..). Making it a hard requirement could create issues down the line like how T4 weapons are now, but, I'd love for Osiris gears to not be completely obsolete.. once the next tier of field drops go in, why bother even doing Osiris? Might as well skip from Joser to the next.. I'd love to be able to use the previous tier to give the next a small boost.

#63 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:00 AM

Only thing I'd point out here is that RHD/CoA/AoD (T1/T3/T4) only have gloves/boots, and only Bapho/PvE (T2) have top/bottom crafts. All have weapons, none have hats.. so you won't be able to get a set of the "best" if you go all crafted. :p_swt: Also, in order to get a T4 weapon, you need to upgrade starting from T1.. and good luck doing that now.

I would've liked to see previous tier gears optionally used to make the next tier (as was somewhat said at the start, but apparently it was a translation error in "use field drop gear"..). Making it a hard requirement could create issues down the line like how T4 weapons are now, but, I'd love for Osiris gears to not be completely obsolete.. once the next tier of field drops go in, why bother even doing Osiris? Might as well skip from Joser to the next.. I'd love to be able to use the previous tier to give the next a small boost.

Who needs joser when only dif with desert storm is the sub stats! All that mp to faster lvling and when next tiers come i guess they have better greens than desert storm and for Ml21+

But yea PreAoV stuff is long forgotten anyways...

Edited by PandeeChio, 14 May 2014 - 03:01 AM.

#64 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:05 AM

I happen to quite like the sub stats.. though it's also a bit easier to make Menace and not bother with Joser, except for weapons, since the bonuses aren't much.. :p_swt:  Though I also know someone who decided crafting wasn't worth it, but instead burnt through polinium to just upgrade the greens as much as he could.. got a few +7 pieces like that..

Old content? Naaah. Once new comes out, never look back!!

#65 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:13 AM

Who needs joser when only dif with desert storm is the sub stats! All that mp to faster lvling and when next tiers come i guess they have better greens than desert storm and for Ml21+

But yea PreAoV stuff is long forgotten anyways...

Your statements convince me you didn't try ml quest recently, you would know that you need at last bapho hard gears to survive ml quest, but lets continue with these false statements that leave new players disoriented and potential ones run away :p_swt:

#66 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:21 AM

Your statements convince me you didn't try ml quest recently, you would know that you need at last bapho hard gears to survive ml quest, but lets continue with these false statements that leave new players disoriented and potential ones run away :p_swt:

I just did it on a monk two days ago with level 40 greens + token gear from Sandstorm (47 blues). No buffs, just traded in some event coins to get 10 explorer red pots, then ate some Dayr Hot Snake Soup (or whatever it's called) before going in. Only used 2 skills, too. I also know two people that did it this week on warriors that were using jump gear (45 blues). One got buffed, other used Dayr food.

Could be a different story for healers/DPS, but, the Dayr food is pretty strong..

#67 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:22 AM

they should've made it so you need at least AoD/CoA H gear to complete ML test :pif:

#68 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:40 AM

I just did it on a monk two days ago with level 40 greens + token gear from Sandstorm (47 blues). No buffs, just traded in some event coins to get 10 explorer red pots, then ate some Dayr Hot Snake Soup (or whatever it's called) before going in. Only used 2 skills, too. I also know two people that did it this week on warriors that were using jump gear (45 blues). One got buffed, other used Dayr food.

Could be a different story for healers/DPS, but, the Dayr food is pretty strong..

I don't remember where it was so i can't quote it but you just confirmed a sentence another player says ML quest it's easy for tank classes only....

that food should have a lv lock to ML 1 or upper.

they should've made it so you need at least AoD/CoA H gear to complete ML test :pif:

delete the possibility to use ML pots and Foods and you will have it or even better a not broken quest line that requires AoD to unlock ML quest.

#69 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:42 AM

Like raela said this is completely untrue. You can use a variety of buffs, foods, potions, or skills to easily overcome the ML test with low level common items.

#70 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:51 AM

Yes ive done recently ML quest with ranger and assasin (as in last week) with lvl 47 gears.
If you know how to play master exam then you got no problem :v. I gear newbie guildies with bapho / arena gears because they havent played that much so they arent familiar with like anything yet so they dont have to die that fast to 5 mobs.

Edited by PandeeChio, 14 May 2014 - 04:57 AM.

#71 omfgMr

omfgMr

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:06 AM

server is offline?!?

#72 Innocenzio

Innocenzio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:17 AM

server is offline?!?

It's server maintenance.

#73 omfgMr

omfgMr

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:20 AM

how long for it ends u know sir?

#74 7657130507012220560

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:26 AM

That how many players there are in RO2... http://forums.warppo.../?hl=population... There is your answer! It is said by an Admin....

LOL, I hear the admins here are always honest with the community..  We can trust that one for sure 

jackie-chan-whut.jpg

#75 Innocenzio

Innocenzio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:28 AM

Maybe not gear, but complete the Kafra associated with some of the content. Something like "Defeat the leaders of xxx dungeon to prove yourself."

delete the possibility to use ML pots and Foods and you will have it or even better a not broken quest line that requires AoD to unlock ML quest.

YES. All other potions/food have level requirements. It's just odd that Dayr level is associated with level 50.. just keep going with level requirements.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users