Patch Notes v502(503) - Page 6 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v502(503)

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#126 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:38 PM

lol me and a bunch of other people are tired of your "Trying to help" you're not helpful. Alot of your ideas are ruining this game

#127 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:42 PM

Mhmm. If you don't want help, then stop complaining and start trying to help yourself. :3 

Edited by Feuer, 18 May 2014 - 02:42 PM.

#128 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:29 PM

lol I'm complaining because you force your crap ideas that make this game worse and worse onto everyone. Honestly you should just be quiet, ever since this game became play to win you have turned bad to worse just shhh.

Edited by Zurn, 18 May 2014 - 05:18 PM.

#129 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:18 PM

^ You sir, are delusional and angry. 

I'm not a staff, :) they don't have to do anything I propose, at all.

You can attempt to blame every bad / questionable patch on me all you want, but tbh the last time I proposed something, was for the Axe changes [which btw, there was a reason they were so high, you can ask Leonis about that if you want the details]. 

You can also say I made those proposals to get "my axe" better, but if you knew anything about me, you'd know 2 days before the update was added, I changed to spear. And I probly won't be switching to Sword or Axe any time soon. So, Obviously, I didn't do it for myself.

Most of the things I've been blamed for recently, I had nothing to do with. Anyone in the Rep section can easily tell that I post far less then you would imagine. Matter of fact, probly 80% of my posts are just explaining my proposals. When it comes to actual data that I post for a proposal, those are few. Mot of the other reps already have far more posts for fixes / changes then i do. :) 

#130 LeWicked

LeWicked

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:14 AM

^ You sir, are delusional and angry. 

I'm not a staff, :) they don't have to do anything I propose, at all.

You can attempt to blame every bad / questionable patch on me all you want, but tbh the last time I proposed something, was for the Axe changes [which btw, there was a reason they were so high, you can ask Leonis about that if you want the details]. 

You can also say I made those proposals to get "my axe" better, but if you knew anything about me, you'd know 2 days before the update was added, I changed to spear. And I probly won't be switching to Sword or Axe any time soon. So, Obviously, I didn't do it for myself.

Most of the things I've been blamed for recently, I had nothing to do with. Anyone in the Rep section can easily tell that I post far less then you would imagine. Matter of fact, probly 80% of my posts are just explaining my proposals. When it comes to actual data that I post for a proposal, those are few. Mot of the other reps already have far more posts for fixes / changes then i do. :)

Maybe thats true . But like fizzMo i also see that some of us just get ignored ...
I only see reply from GM to the 'elite' group of rose on... ( the forum spammers if i can say xD )

#131 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:19 AM

It's actually not that bad.

Honestly, coming from "the forum guy" if you have an honest concern, something that you feel is truly a problem -not class balancing thats for proposals section- then send a PM to the staff. It really doesn't hurt guys. 

Also, You guy's aren't ignored. I know it feels like it, due to our community itself having a fast response time + posting frequently, but there are times that are truly insane for the staff. Our last patch for example had them scrambling to get the servers online ASAP, during that time, I highly doubt anyone went "WAIT! We forgot to check the forums!" Ya know?

It's all very complicated, mixed up sometimes, but normally sheer grinding to get anything done. One of the biggest proofs of evidence that the staff DOES want our feedback is the existence of Reps themselves. They're the "focused feedback" so to say. 

I mean, I've sent a few PM's to the other reps, and I knew that taking my position as a champion rep meant MOSTLY keeping my nose out of the other classes conversations, personal choice that champs are the most easily screwed up or OP'd class. and I didn't see a lot of elitest running for those reps, or else I wouldn't have ran at all. So I people have proposals, or comments + suggestions, send them to the reps, send them to me [obviously I reply to just about anything haha] or even the staff. But don't ever think you're being blatantly ignored. Cause trust me, you're not. 

~Feuer.

#132 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:40 AM

Okay Feuer this will probably get taken down but let me ask you what part of making IM passives only available to IM buyers and not to regular F2P players fair? or is that just greed for money? also why remove buffsets then make reroll hammers account bound then tradable? is that another greed for money? I don't see another reason for doing that. What LeWicked is trying to say is that his and others comments are being seen but not considered. as for some reason they listen to your ideas even tho they aren't doing anything helpful or good for the game.

#133 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:04 AM

Okay Feuer this will probably get taken down but let me ask you what part of making IM passives only available to IM buyers and not to regular F2P players fair? or is that just greed for money? also why remove buffsets then make reroll hammers account bound then tradable? is that another greed for money? I don't see another reason for doing that. What LeWicked is trying to say is that his and others comments are being seen but not considered. as for some reason they listen to your ideas even tho they aren't doing anything helpful or good for the game.

I can't answer all your questions, but I can answer one. Buffsets were never supposed to be part of the game. Plain and simple, it was a bug. They just finally got around to fixing it. As for the answers to your other questions, I suggest PMing Leonis or Genesis. I am quite sure they can explain it. In fact, I think Leonis did explain it somewhere here in the forums.

#134 LexLoyalty

LexLoyalty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Server:Leonis | IGN: LexUnknown

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:56 AM

I can't answer all your questions, but I can answer one. Buffsets were never supposed to be part of the game. Plain and simple, it was a bug. They just finally got around to fixing it. As for the answers to your other questions, I suggest PMing Leonis or Genesis. I am quite sure they can explain it. In fact, I think Leonis did explain it somewhere here in the forums.

Too naive. Don't forget that we regarded as potential source of income and not players.

if I'm not mistaken the buffsets appeared just after the p2p area no ?

The end of p2p area resulted in bigger flow of new players and loss of prescriptions income.

The revenues had to be kept up so they came up with this "bug" when in reality in was done on propose. Within the community,no one would accept this change because it would be too expensive to get buff sets in order to be competent, but once you classify it as a long term bug the community can't do nothing about it but accept it.

It will be never admitted that it was intended, otherwise the community will rage. Who wants raging clients ? no funny no money. 

Edited by LexLoyalty, 19 May 2014 - 05:11 AM.

#135 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:10 AM

Going to get a lot of rage for this one, but if gravity was as greedy as some people here make them out to be, they would have shut ROSE down long ago, since it doesn't earn them much at all.

#136 LexLoyalty

LexLoyalty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Server:Leonis | IGN: LexUnknown

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:21 AM

Going to get a lot of rage for this one, but if gravity was as greedy as some people here make them out to be, they would have shut ROSE down long ago, since it doesn't earn them much at all.

It doesn't make them any liabilities neither if i'm not mistaken.

Some money is better than no money, they run multiple games that each of them contributes to the income pie.

All the games combined together, generate a fair amount of money monthly or yearly, I believe.

Also, I know couple of people that blown 1000-5000$ in 2 months-ish in rose (when charm gear was introduced), some spent crazy cash in order to get faiths,boosters and some spend cash on new costumes monthly. 

Myself, I invested around 1k $ when buffsets were around and I'm sure there were many others.

I don't believe that a business oriented person in a capitalist society will give up on an opportunity to make money, but rather try to make the most out of it.

Edited by LexLoyalty, 19 May 2014 - 06:07 AM.

#137 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:09 AM

I had all the buffsets myself, and was never so happy as when they got removed. Yes, I invested money into them, although not as much as most, since I have two crafters, and crafted as much of my own stuff as I could. But I hated the idea of them, they never made sense to me. So yes, I am glad they are gone, even though I lost zulie in the game. For pete's sake, it is just that, a game. The zulie isn't real, the items aren't real, and I am not going to rage over something that isn't real.

#138 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:32 AM

Too naive. Don't forget that we regarded as potential source of income and not players.

if I'm not mistaken the buffsets appeared just after the p2p area no ?

The end of p2p area resulted in bigger flow of new players and loss of prescriptions income.

The revenues had to be kept up so they came up with this "bug" when in reality in was done on propose. Within the community,no one would accept this change because it would be too expensive to get buff sets in order to be competent, but once you classify it as a long term bug the community can't do nothing about it but accept it.

It will be never admitted that it was intended, otherwise the community will rage. Who wants raging clients ? no funny no money. 

You are misinformed, the bug of buffs not being recalculated on switching equipment has been around since iROSE, and has always been taken advantage of in one form or another.  It is only when players started building up full equipment sets to take advantage of every possible stat that the concept of "buff sets" became popular.

#139 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:00 PM

Hurray for 'Charm' buffing set/gear.

:bash:

#140 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:51 PM

Maybe so, but even as a bug it provided a better pvp and more balanced gameplay than any ideas this new skill update has offered. Look at it now, I just made a knight and only 1 class can kill me.... how's that fair? I also play raider, bowscout and FS cleric. Bowscout 1v1 don't even waste your time any class besides BA will wreck a bowscout in seconds. Before I could kill any class with my bow scout and with any other class. Before this skill update I had all my characters geared with buffsets all even strength balanced. Bug or not it was more fair for everyone

If that's true then why do they bother making greedy updates? Why dont they just make it all like before the skill update and have a system that isn't play to win? Anyone could be strong before as everything was fair you could buy all the item mall passives from people with in game zullie and not have to bust your bank on the over priced item mall. If what you are implying that Gravity isn't greedy then all the things that made your characters strong wouldn't be paid for with real cash.

Edited by Zurn, 19 May 2014 - 04:57 PM.

#141 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

After the DB update is finished, IM passive will only apply to non-pvp interaction. That was stated already. But you have to fully read the patch notes to know that. 

#142 LeWicked

LeWicked

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:35 AM

Maybe so, but even as a bug it provided a better pvp and more balanced gameplay than any ideas this new skill update has offered. Look at it now, I just made a knight and only 1 class can kill me.... how's that fair? I also play raider, bowscout and FS cleric. Bowscout 1v1 don't even waste your time any class besides BA will wreck a bowscout in seconds. Before I could kill any class with my bow scout and with any other class. Before this skill update I had all my characters geared with buffsets all even strength balanced. Bug or not it was more fair for everyone

If that's true then why do they bother making greedy updates? Why dont they just make it all like before the skill update and have a system that isn't play to win? Anyone could be strong before as everything was fair you could buy all the item mall passives from people with in game zullie and not have to bust your bank on the over priced item mall. If what you are implying that Gravity isn't greedy then all the things that made your characters strong wouldn't be paid for with real cash.

To this :thumb2: :thumb2:

I Agree with fizzmo on this . I also see that this patch made it even more unbalanced then i was before! Also like a said before the bowscout wont win against any class. Its damage/attack speed  is mutch lower . You get laughed in the face... I should apply for the bow scout representive to late now...

Point is this massive buff nerf effects on all classes.. All classes should been looked on again... Like A Knight tank.. They could tank a long time before , but now they're almost indestructible cause of the lowe damage you do... I know they are there for tanking but thats just crazy... 

#143 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:59 AM

time and time again I have asked "Can we have a poll to see who prefers the old skills and the new skills?" every time the answer is no. I made my own just to see what the outcome would be and obviously the old skills won. This resulted in perma ban of my warp portal account.

#144 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:20 AM

Then maybe you should stop ignoring the rules. 

#145 LeWicked

LeWicked

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:07 AM

I Dont think a Poll is a bad idea or even seen as it is against the rules?

Thats kinda strange ... ??

#146 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:10 AM

indeed, they are just scared to revert as it's a big income difference to their pockets. If they actually had a poll they would see what their players really wanted, Honestly if it came up new skills winning I would shut my mouth. But the fact remains they are scared to do it.

#147 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:16 AM

Scared? No lol.

and honestly, the buffsets were a WAY better income for them, because of the massive massive amount of re-rolls they were selling.

And you said "I asked if they would create a poll", they said no, and then you went and undermined their authority -it is their game, you just borrow it each time you log on, and each patch, you agree to that when you click the little "accept" button-

Also, I highly doubt they permanently suspended your WP account, on a first time offense, sounds to me like you repeatedly ignored rules / protocols and suffered the cost of your own actions. 

#148 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:29 AM

Scared? No lol.

and honestly, the buffsets were a WAY better income for them, because of the massive massive amount of re-rolls they were selling.

And you said "I asked if they would create a poll", they said no, and then you went and undermined their authority -it is their game, you just borrow it each time you log on, and each patch, you agree to that when you click the little "accept" button-

Also, I highly doubt they permanently suspended your WP account, on a first time offense, sounds to me like you repeatedly ignored rules / protocols and suffered the cost of your own actions. 

It's a fact that a higher majority of the game prefers the buffsets so why keep it from them? it's a better game play, more players because all the people who quit will probably come back and like you said more income? what's the problem everyones happy lol

#149 LeWicked

LeWicked

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:36 AM

Scared? No lol.

Feuer what you now saying is alot of BS if i can say.
If you say it is heir game? why aren't they playing it for themself .. why do they want other ppl to play it?
That could be for two reasons :
1 . To earn some cash out of it
2. To share the game with others .

Either way i think they seriously have to look wat other people think about the new patches if they want to keep
people playing it. If you dont want to do that , no problem then just keep te game for yourselfs....

I definitly want to know what other people think about the game ......

#150 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:34 AM

Because you CANNOT ADVANCE FURTHER FEATURES WITH THE OLD SYSTEM OF SKILLS~ -end caps lock ;D-

@LeWicked

Their game, inferrs they OWN the rights to the game. Meaning they make the decision. You should be happy just to have a say at all ever. Sure, a good company takes its customer base into its view when making decisions, and Gravity is no different.

Something you seem to forget, is that it's the nature of the forumns to have a majority of complaints. Why? Well, why the hell would someone go out of their way to be like "Hey this is cool and I'm having a great time, k thanks bye". It's a rhetorical question, the answer is never. Why? Because they're too busy, having fun. 

So you can run your polls, all you want, you're already getting a majority advantage as most of the populous here is people coming to submit complaints, or are confused and need a guide. If you want the real truth, you need data that you're not allowed access to, because the info is sensitive. They count how many PvP matches we run. How many classes are active in play. What sets are more popular. they, track, and look at, everything. Just because you don't see it here on 1 forumn site, doesn't mean it's not there. 

You need to take a step back, and look at the bigger picture. 

People will complain about anything, but rarely compliment if it takes anything more then saying so. 

You're in an environment, geared towards fixing problems, and sharing information. You're going to be surrounded by a large portion of upset people, all the time.

What happens here, is a VERY small fraction of what goes on in the Real game. All of THAT data, they collect and review.

They have to make decision, sometimes it comes at a certain cost, but it's for a projected better future of development. Just because you don't understand, doesn't mean you flip the rage switch and go on a rampage.

Now if you're done~ you can continue it via a private message, or leave the thread alone. You stated your point -i think there might have been one somewhere here- and it's time to let other speak. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users