Patch Notes v502(503) - Page 7 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v502(503)

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#151 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:48 AM

Because you CANNOT ADVANCE FURTHER FEATURES WITH THE OLD SYSTEM OF SKILLS~ -end caps lock ;D-

@LeWicked

Their game, inferrs they OWN the rights to the game. Meaning they make the decision. You should be happy just to have a say at all ever. Sure, a good company takes its customer base into its view when making decisions, and Gravity is no different.

Something you seem to forget, is that it's the nature of the forumns to have a majority of complaints. Why? Well, why the hell would someone go out of their way to be like "Hey this is cool and I'm having a great time, k thanks bye". It's a rhetorical question, the answer is never. Why? Because they're too busy, having fun. 

So you can run your polls, all you want, you're already getting a majority advantage as most of the populous here is people coming to submit complaints, or are confused and need a guide. If you want the real truth, you need data that you're not allowed access to, because the info is sensitive. They count how many PvP matches we run. How many classes are active in play. What sets are more popular. they, track, and look at, everything. Just because you don't see it here on 1 forumn site, doesn't mean it's not there. 

You need to take a step back, and look at the bigger picture. 

People will complain about anything, but rarely compliment if it takes anything more then saying so. 

You're in an environment, geared towards fixing problems, and sharing information. You're going to be surrounded by a large portion of upset people, all the time.

What happens here, is a VERY small fraction of what goes on in the Real game. All of THAT data, they collect and review.

They have to make decision, sometimes it comes at a certain cost, but it's for a projected better future of development. Just because you don't understand, doesn't mean you flip the rage switch and go on a rampage.

Now if you're done~ you can continue it via a private message, or leave the thread alone. You stated your point -i think there might have been one somewhere here- and it's time to let other speak. 

Feuer Honestly man, they can make the poll so when u log it you have to vote before u can continue that way we have EVERYONES vote. and have it set to the IP so they can't vote twice? The fact is the new skills aren't what people want and they are scared to be caught just digging for gold.

Tbh I think all our posts here will probably be deleted because it's getting to the topic of they are just digging for gold and they wanna hide that as much as possible.

#152 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:03 AM

If they wanted to harvest money, they'd do a lot differently. Now you're just making it sound like this whole fit is about you, and not having enough zully n-game to support your character. 

#153 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:01 AM

Topic has been cleaned a little.
Please keep comments on Topic and constructive.

#154 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:54 AM

Feuer Honestly man, they can make the poll so when u log it you have to vote before u can continue that way we have EVERYONES vote. and have it set to the IP so they can't vote twice? The fact is the new skills aren't what people want and they are scared to be caught just digging for gold.

Tbh I think all our posts here will probably be deleted because it's getting to the topic of they are just digging for gold and they wanna hide that as much as possible.

And what good is a poll really? Many players don't even come on the forums, so a poll is not going to truly show the feelings of the players. Second, most people are only going to want things that will benefit their characters, and hurt the others. It takes a mature person to stop and say hey, this makes my character too OP, can u nerf it a little? The devs have an idea of how the game should be, and they are looking to us to help them. If you don't like how it is, ofc  you can make suggestions. But if the game is truly not what you think it should be, perhaps you need to find another game? I don't like everything about rose, but I put up with it, because for me the good outweighs the bad. I am truly happy that the devs are even bothering to try and get feedback on what we want. They most certainly don't have to do that.

#155 pandasoup23

pandasoup23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Draco

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

cd game play is extremely slow with this update, not only is the system still broken where its 5 clerics vs 1 or even 0; but its just a huge aoe fest with lag.

I understand you wanted to promote the idea of stat buffers, but its kind of a waste. players who really care about killing arent gonna pump charm to buff in CD.

#156 rageTGLS

rageTGLS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:10 AM

I came back to the game about 1 month ago and for a few weeks I was playing a ton, came back to the realization that my int buff gear for my cleric was pretty much worthless and I needed to go for a full charm set, so I did.  Now since the patch I've pretty much lost motivation to play again.

It just feels like by the time you do enough research and testing to feel comfortable with your character you guys throw in changes that just ruin everything and you have to start over, it just makes it feel like the work you put in building a character is a complete waste because by the time you have it where you want it's going to be obsolete.

In a game like WoW this wouldn't be a problem because gear in that game is so easy to obtain, and most of the outcome relies on personal skill learning your skill rotations and having good reactions.

In ROSE the best gear is extremely expensive basically unbuyable for probably 90% of the games population, and the PvP/PvE in the game comes down to gear more than anything at the end of the day.

Just my 2 cents.

#157 RickyBarrera

RickyBarrera

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:22 AM

I'm just curious, do you guys realize you completely screwed over Raiders are with this update

Edited by RickyBarrera, 20 May 2014 - 11:28 AM.

#158 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:35 AM

I'm just curious, do you guys realize you completely screwed over Raiders are with this update

Everyone is screwed though.

#159 RickyBarrera

RickyBarrera

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:40 AM

Yeah, well, in my opinion, I don't see why they had to make any changes. It was fine the first hundred times and now  it's just screwed it up the worst I've ever seen it. It's SO bad, I actually decided to finally use my Warpportal account to discuss this in the forums. THAT'S how bad it is. Usually I keep my mouth shut because "Oh, it's not that bad" but wow, they did it, they -_- it up hard enough. 

#160 nooooodles

nooooodles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

Eh.. I don't think raiders are completely screwed. They just aren't the top/overplayed class now. Even though plenty of people still play them. The aspeed nerf did hurt, but you can still build a high aspeed , only if you go full aspeed. Before, you could go high crit while still maintaing a high aspeed due to the passives. Now you gotta pick and choose which one you prefer.

Anyway, it's pretty sad to see only a few artis play in cd nowadays. It's a ranged class, except you can't stay ranged and survive getting ganged, with the cleric healing the group elsewhere. And you can't stay with the group if there's a bunch of aoes around where they are. It's hard to keep an arti alive, which is a shame 'cause they do pretty good damage. Hopefully a good change comes to the class soon.

#161 RickyBarrera

RickyBarrera

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:37 PM

Eh.. I don't think raiders are completely screwed. They just aren't the top/overplayed class now. Even though plenty of people still play them. The aspeed nerf did hurt, but you can still build a high aspeed , only if you go full aspeed. Before, you could go high crit while still maintaing a high aspeed due to the passives. Now you gotta pick and choose which one you prefer.

Anyway, it's pretty sad to see only a few artis play in cd nowadays. It's a ranged class, except you can't stay ranged and survive getting ganged, with the cleric healing the group elsewhere. And you can't stay with the group if there's a bunch of aoes around where they are. It's hard to keep an arti alive, which is a shame 'cause they do pretty good damage. Hopefully a good change comes to the class soon.

They were in no way overpowered. Now it's absolutely impossible for any raider to kill anything alone or survive. The low aspeed is excruciating. Now you have to choose between attack speed and crit, if you go crit you dont' have the aspeed to deal enough DPS to make a kill before you get killed back.  If you choose attack speed, you don't have enough crit to make any significant damage. Now, even your movement speed got lowered. If you want to be fast enough to run away from getting mobbed, you have to go speed gear leaving very little dodge to survive long enough to make a kill so you have to run before making any difference in the battle, and if you go dodge, you're not fast enough to escape leaving you a sitting duck for anyone who wants to attack. Raiders. Are. Screwed.

P.S the accuracy is so low, Raiders can't kill other Raiders. So, basic stats of a Raider at this point. 

AP: low

ACCU: low

CRIT: mid

DODGE: mid

A-SPEED: low

M-SPEED: low

DEF: low

HP: low

Does anyone see a pattern here. 

Edited by RickyBarrera, 20 May 2014 - 12:42 PM.

#162 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:50 PM

Please make these buff changes apply on PVP maps only

#163 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:00 PM

A-SPEED: low.

Uhm, this has to be a joke right? Even with the buff nerfs, you can still reach 250%+  (used to be over 300%) just by passive/buff/glor set and katars.

#164 RickyBarrera

RickyBarrera

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:07 PM

Uhm, this has to be a joke right? Even with the buff nerfs, you can still reach 250%+  (used to be over 300%) just by passive/buff/glor set and katars.

Considering everything else is low, including the ap, aspeed was about the only thing raiders had going for them in order to make a good amount of DPS. 

#165 rageTGLS

rageTGLS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

Do you mean over 300% without the stacking buff? Because it was more like 27x%.

#166 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:11 PM

With stacking buff (which is practically a passive since it hardly ever fails to stack) ofcourse. 

Edited by jerremy, 20 May 2014 - 01:11 PM.

#167 nooooodles

nooooodles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:12 PM

They were in no way overpowered. Now it's absolutely impossible for any raider to kill anything alone or survive. The low aspeed is excruciating. Now you have to choose between attack speed and crit, if you go crit you dont' have the aspeed to deal enough DPS to make a kill before you get killed back.  If you choose attack speed, you don't have enough crit to make any significant damage. Now, even your movement speed got lowered. If you want to be fast enough to run away from getting mobbed, you have to go speed gear leaving very little dodge to survive long enough to make a kill so you have to run before making any difference in the battle, and if you go dodge, you're not fast enough to escape leaving you a sitting duck for anyone who wants to attack. Raiders. Are. Screwed.

P.S the accuracy is so low, Raiders can't kill other Raiders. So, basic stats of a Raider at this point. 

AP: low

ACCU: low

CRIT: mid

DODGE: mid

A-SPEED: low

M-SPEED: low

DEF: low

HP: low

Does anyone see a pattern here. 

I didn't say overpowered, I said overplayed. And they can't kill anyone alone? They are pretty evenly matched vs. bow scouts, artis, bourgs, mages. A raider will usually have higher crit than their opponent due to their crit down passives. The bad thing about their dodge is that they can't dodge aoes. At all.

I don't see how you put their aspeed as low because they have the highest aspeed of any class, even with the nerf. And raiders have the highest dodge in game, so.. They do have the lowest acc, but acc is only needed against other dodge classes. But you can always invest in an acc set if you want to kill other raiders.

#168 RickyBarrera

RickyBarrera

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:13 PM

Do you mean over 300% without the stacking buff? Because it was more like 27x%.

Mine was at 265% without stack

and tbh with 1.6k ap and 1.8k accu and 1.7k crit you NEED the a-speed

Edited by RickyBarrera, 20 May 2014 - 01:16 PM.

#169 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:42 PM

Ricky,

I have 1.6kap, 1300 accu, and about 900crit rating on a really poorly geared spear champ, and I kill people fine, with 80%~ aspd. I don't see why you're having a problem. Unless you're directly referring to a raider vs raider fight. I could agree on that poin, and that point alone. 

The raiders Accu down, should be changed to a Dodge down. Because aside from a raider vs raider fight, they don't have much issue hitting any other classes. 

#170 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:57 PM

The raiders Accu down, should be changed to a Dodge down. Because aside from a raider vs raider fight, they don't have much issue hitting any other classes. 

Definitely not. A dodge down would only be useful on other dodge classes, against any other class you would rather have accu down.

#171 RickyBarrera

RickyBarrera

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:00 PM

Definitely not. A dodge down would only be useful on other dodge classes, against any other class you would rather have accu down.

Would much rather have an accu debuff than a dodge. 

And Feuer, you're poorly geared, which leads me to believe that you kill other poorly geared players. If you don't mind, I'd rather take an opinion from a Class Rep that is actually testing his character properly. 

#172 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world
  • Server:Arua

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:53 PM

I'm just curious," do you guys realize you completely screwed over Raiders are with this update"

lol that just made me laught a lil but also u shouldnt blame all the players but the nerfers soo we shouldnt start blame others since they didnt gived that sugestions n etc, also wat u expect from a skill update??? Op stuff?? Every skill/stat update is just one thing to nerf more the classes not mading the players more happy, now srsly guys look around u guys n see wat u guys did "TALKING PRINCIPALLY TO THE NERFERS NOT THE OTHERS WHO DIDNT GIVED THIS stupid SUGESTIONS FOR NERF MORE" are u guys happy for qat u guys did?? Seems yes but u guys destroying many ppls chars with this stupids nerfs, what i sugest is, for gm do some kind of test for balance all the classes "ALL NOT ONLY RAIDER, OR CHAMPION, ALL" and show to others players how do they feel about it n if they agreed, not only one player and done, than after all the skills/stats balancee ofc put in the game and finish with this freaking nerf..... Keep nerfing isnt fun ;c...

Edited by Filipito98, 20 May 2014 - 03:00 PM.

#173 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:54 PM

And what good is a poll really? Many players don't even come on the forums, so a poll is not going to truly show the feelings of the players. Second, most people are only going to want things that will benefit their characters, and hurt the others. It takes a mature person to stop and say hey, this makes my character too OP, can u nerf it a little? The devs have an idea of how the game should be, and they are looking to us to help them. If you don't like how it is, ofc  you can make suggestions. But if the game is truly not what you think it should be, perhaps you need to find another game? I don't like everything about rose, but I put up with it, because for me the good outweighs the bad. I am truly happy that the devs are even bothering to try and get feedback on what we want. They most certainly don't have to do that.

A poll that when u log in and are forced to vote before continuing to play (would take about 5 seconds to vote) would give everyone the chance to vote. So that's not a problem with people voting, secondly I don't really want another game I just want the game i've been playing since it was p2p to be good like it was before rather than just the GM team saying "Money money money"

#174 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:09 PM

This discussion about a poll has been done so many times I can't even be bothered to comment on it.

#175 Valakas

Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:21 PM

A poll that when u log in and are forced to vote before continuing to play (would take about 5 seconds to vote) would give everyone the chance to vote. So that's not a problem with people voting, secondly I don't really want another game I just want the game i've been playing since it was p2p to be good like it was before rather than just the GM team saying "Money money money"

What was good in your definition may not be necessarily good to everyone as a whole . While the game might be doing acceptably well while being static at one place, over time people get bored and leave which is the biggest reason why the community have been complaining about the lack of new contents and been pushing for more releases including the remaining planets.  Your Poll and your suggestion is in another word "Petitioning" for a change WHICH is NOT ALLOWED according to the Forums Policy. Since you haven't done your part of reading, I suggest you go try looking at it at the Rules of Conduct section of the forum. 

The Developers have said and as well as other forumers here also did , that some of the updates were necessary in order for the game to have room for further growth . All these balancing and bug fixing are to pave way for future additional contents so which of all these didn't you understand ? Why does every move only meant they want more money from you ? Since when have you become an economical genius around here ?  

The community wants this and that but above all else, we all want new planets, possible new classes, new mobs, new things do with our friends. Not just "SUPER POWER" which allows some fool to hide in TG and brag about how good they think their bloody bow scout is right now. A good gamer is one who adapt to changes and try to make the best out of it and if a GOOD gamer can't find a good away around that class, then its time for a good feedback and research. NOT going around pointing your fingers at everything that didn't took your liking , did puberty hit you that hard really ? If you needed buffsets to feel good about yourself then you are just one of those players who rely on gears to play and not skills. Maybe you should reflect upon your own game play before commenting further. 

I for one don't like everything they did but I do my part by telling why and describe them in details and sometimes if my creativity allows me, I give them some suggestion on how there is an alternate way of doing things. Not coming into the forums every time just to make everyone hear my rant and start relating everything to money. When I spoke about scout's scoring low in CD and how the scoring system might need some adjustment so that the effort made in CD could be fairly reflected on the scoreboard , I did my part here best I could. Not just coming in and say "MY SCOUT COULD FIGHT ANYONE BACK IN BUFFSETS DAY! OMG" . 

They NEED money to run this freaking game and you ignorant brats best keep this drilled into your shallow mind. Whatever WP did now amounted to more space of growth and future opportunities than those of money. In case you guys are that bad in economics, let me tell you something,  they earn freaking more from the Lucky Spin than you thought they do on Skill Books. Those "Old glorious" days of Buffsets were the days when alot FEWER new costumes were released and WHY ? You all seriously forgotten how we spent on ReRolls those days ? And you wondered why you can be strong then and can't be so now  ? 

If you love this game then dont deny it its right to grow and dont just keep it stalled just for your own greedy needs. Look further than the tip of your nose and maybe you'll see something more rational and things will start making more sense. 

No offense there meant and I hope none will be taken. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users