15 replies to this topic

#1 Radacci

Radacci

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:20 PM

i experimented a bit with this.
i tried to make evasion build for my SR.
from what i understand of it, you need 10x higher evasion than target accuracy, to dodge 100% so for mobs with 5k accuracy, you need 50k evasion for 100% chance to dodge.
with 21400 evasion vs same lv mobs, i dodge maybe 40-50% of the atks. like lv 76 deadhound has 4465 accuracy, so i'd need 44650 evasion to dodge 100%. quite ridiculous.
i can get 9k accuracy, so ppl would need 90k in pvp to dodge 100%....thats just retarded...but well, ofc it should be hard to cap evasion, but seriously, this is just wow.
comparing to defense, which need just 2k def to almost cap reduction. and 2k isnt hard to get, just a few def xeons, and a def buff or 2 from prot/rad etc. how are you supposed to get 90k evasion?

now for the funny part.
if you use Accuracy Down V, it reduce mob accuracy by 2500, this means you need 25k less evasion to cap dodge.
so taking that deadhound as example again, i reduce its accuracy by 2500, and it has 1965 accuracy, which means i need 19650 evasion to dodge 100%. and i have 19900, so they will never do normal damage...
the problem here is that you debuff 1 mob, so you're immortal vs 1 target (as long as they just AA, since mob skills dont miss often, maybe 5% of the time) while evasion would allow you to tank groups of mobs. But for most classes it would require abnormal ammounts of enchanting and such. but even if you cant cap, it would be quite useful in pve, but not pvp.

i calculated i could get 48k evasion with eliminator set, and accessories 8/8 with +100 evasion xeons, infinity wep with eva up V enchant, etc.
if anyone wanna do that :P
since i usually dont get further than 4/4 it will be much less.
also its exceedinly hard to get RH scales to enchant armor with eva.
so its quite big undertaking.

#2 tally

tally

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1136 posts
  • LocationDisgruntled
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Velik - Vermillion

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:30 PM

If indeed the 10x thing is how it works this could be fun to play with! Serious investment for a *might* tho...

But my 65 domi with 15k in FOC can laugh at rangers miss miss miss miss miss missing, til they hit a crit and near 1-shot me :P

#3 Alexandar

Alexandar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:31 PM

eva sucks :glomp: i have both of my eva buffs maxed on my defi + inv is with Dna :glomp: AND WHAT eva don`t help at all :glomp:
20 skill p + 10 DNa points for nothing :P eva sucks in this game :) Mobs don`t miss at me at all :glomp:
so leave that eva build and put dmg :glomp:

#4 Radacci

Radacci

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:39 PM

well my lv 30 alt atk my lv 76 SR. and cant hit at all.
i take off equips and get 6k evasion, and use lv 10 accuracy buff and DNA on lv 30 alt, and get 3k accuracy or such. and hit frequently.
so there's no level difference involved.

uh with 15k evasion, the rangers attacking you must be very low lv, or have no accuracy at all on equips/buffs. cause 21k eva doesnt help me much in normal pvp.
and alxander, like i said, lv 75 mobs have around 4-5k accuracy, so you need 40-50k eva to dodge 100%. i dunno how much eva you got, maybe 15k? it helps a bit, but not much. you need alot of ion xeons and/or RH scales, and high eva on equips and such.
so it requires loads of work.

but with accuracy down on mobs, most of them cant hit me. but that just for single target hunting.

#5 tally

tally

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1136 posts
  • LocationDisgruntled
  • Server:Velik - Vermillion

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:39 PM

Yup if we get a skill reset with this patch then bye bye evasion buffs. They're only worth getting if you want to make a serious investment in evasion. An old old guildie I think got near 25k and said that was worth it.

EDIT My 71 ranger got bout 7.5k accuracy and misses 25% of shot on equal levels.

Edited by tally, 06 November 2010 - 12:41 PM.

#6 Radacci

Radacci

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:11 PM

ya 25k isnt very hard to get as SR.
foc set, infinite claws with +1500eva enchant, 47% eva buff is around 19k.
with a few ion xeons you could get 25k
with eliminator set it would be 26k. cause it gives 5k more eva than foc set.

well as a starter, if you're single target, you can use acc down enchant, instead of eva up.
its OP. i get like 90-100% chance to dodge vs same lv mobs. depends on what gear i use.

#7 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:18 PM

ya 25k isnt very hard to get as SR.
foc set, infinite claws with +1500eva enchant, 47% eva buff is around 19k.
with a few ion xeons you could get 25k
with eliminator set it would be 26k. cause it gives 5k more eva than foc set.

well as a starter, if you're single target, you can use acc down enchant, instead of eva up.
its OP. i get like 90-100% chance to dodge vs same lv mobs. depends on what gear i use.

tanks should get evasion buff...er defenders. they got plenty of points extra. what im curious about is how much would it take to evade 50% of aa from all the raid bosses if thats even possible

#8 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

Anyone using Acc/Evas enchants should be burned alive. -.x

#9 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:30 PM

Anyone using Acc/Evas enchants should be burned alive. -.x

do acc down and def down stak?

#10 Radacci

Radacci

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:42 PM

uhm, if stat is right, you could dodge RH 100% with 25k eva, if you debuff its accuracy by 2500.
for tyrant. it has 12k acc. so you'd need 60k for 50%
35k with -2500acc

i think acc down and def down stack. but probably not eva/def

#11 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:43 PM

do acc down and def down stak?

Should be.

But my point is that the formula for Acc and Evasion is broken.

#12 Insanita

Insanita

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1727 posts
  • LocationAway from you!

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:19 PM

But my point is that the formula for Acc and Evasion is broken.

Wish we had a parry system.

#13 Alexandar

Alexandar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:51 PM

I have almost 10k eva buffed and this is piece of-_- :P If they give us skill reset like tally said - BYE BYE USLESS EVA BUFFS http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/118.gif

Edited by Alexandar, 06 November 2010 - 10:51 PM.

#14 Radacci

Radacci

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:32 AM

10k eva is good for lv 50 mobs ^^ but not for lv 75 mobs. it might give you 10-20% more chance to dodge than normal.
just having evasion buff wont make you dodge alot! you need to use evasion xeons also. just like you need defense xeons for non-tank classes, if you wanna be less squishy

its not exactly broken...but there's a few issues.
if 2 ppl pvp, both have 5k eva/acc, then you'll both have like only 5-10% chance to dodge. logically it should be 50% (logical to me at least)
it gets quite absurd considering you need 90k evasion if you wanna to cap dodge vs high lv ppl. thats just outright implossible. i calculated maximum ammount of evasion i could get, which is around 50k.
if the person also has some accuracy buff, 50k woulnt even provide 50% chance to dodge.
but devs dont care about pvp anyways, so its just useful in pve.
for evasion....well if they improved it, it could be to easy to get 100% dodge...like if you just need 2x higher eva over acc, then just having dodge buff would give me 100% to evade lv 75 mobs, without need of enchants or xeons.
if it was 5x i'd need 25k eva to dodge lv 75 mobs, which is no problem for me either. but then again SR has high eva armors, eva buff etc. so its comparable to tanks with def gear/buff. so it should be moderatly easy to get high chance to evade. while it would be nearly impossible for a zerk to get 25k evasion. like its impossible for SR to get 3k def without someone else's buff.
also evasion is so OP (95-99% damage reduction), so it should be a bit hard to cap.

#15 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:56 AM

There is really no reason to stack those 2 stats on gears right now unless the formula is changed or the stats start affecting skills.

#16 TigerNinja

TigerNinja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:17 AM

IM Evasion + Defi/Domi Invisibilty Buff + DNA = working. Otherwise, useless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users