Difference between Player and Monster Level - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Difference between Player and Monster Level

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Devikn

Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:10 PM

Hello,

I never stopped to notice that, but today, when I was grinding on a Hidden Map, I've noticed the EXP that I was receiving.

Monsters that were in a higher level than mine 1,2,3..5..10 levels higher, would give me LESS exp than they should.

Monsters that were in a lower level, would give me almost the same EXP as the higher level.

Example, I am level 43, so if I kill a monster level 42, it would give me, say, 2.500 EXP, then I go and kill a lvl 43 monster, and it gives me the same 2.500 EXP.

Thing is, if I kill a monster that has EXACTLY the same level as mine, Id get an increase amount of exp.

So back on my example, if I kill a monster level 43, that is the same Level as mine, Id get, 5.000 EXP.

I think the EXP should be given in a proportion equal to the monsters level.

Another example of how it should be.

I am level 43, and I kill a level 43 monster, so I get 5.000 EXP, fine, then I kill a level 44 mosnter, 5.100 EXP... I kill a level 50, 7.000 EXP, a level 53, 7.500 EXP. Then, as I kill lower level mobs, it should give me less EXP too, it would be too obvious to do that, and I think that is how it should be.

OFC the Gap Limit would apply, as We WOULDNT get any EXP from mobs 10 or 15 levels Higher or Lower than our actual level, but that is it.

I don't know if its a bug or something that was just set like that, but I don't think its correct.

Thanks

#2 needo2

needo2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:45 PM

to me I don't get this kind of stuff
If a bat gives 8 exp then bat gives 8 exp no need to change that since exp-to-next-level already goes higher with level
are we afraid of 60+s to grind in woods or what ?

#3 Devikn

Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:32 PM

to me I don't get this kind of stuff
If a bat gives 8 exp then bat gives 8 exp no need to change that since exp-to-next-level already goes higher with level
are we afraid of 60+s to grind in woods or what ?

No dude, you didn't get my point....

I'm not here to say "Monsters should give a fixed number of exp"

What I'm trying to say is, that, being a level 43 and killing a monster level 44, I somehow receive LESS exp than I would receive from killing a monster level 43 or 42.

So this is strange as the monsters being on the same level as mine, gives more EXP than the monsters that are higher level than mine.

Of course I want the EXP to be higher when I kill a monster that is in a higher LEVEL than me, but in a limit gap, otherwise people would PVL their Alts at level 65 mobs and get dozen of EXP with their alts.

So the point I'm writting this is the fact that, grinding in a Higher Level Monster area, gives me LESS exp, than grinding on an Area with the mobs around my level.

I take that as the fact of the GAP between your level and the monster level, reducing your EXP. Example.

I am level 50, the Gap EXP limit is of 15 levels, so I wouldn't get exp from mobs level 66 or 34, So I guess the limits of EXP goes by the edges of this limit, like, by killing a lvl 65 monster, Id get a minimal amount of EXP, as killing a monster level 35, and as it comes closer to my level, the EXP increases.. 36/64..37/63... until a monster of the same level, would give me the maximum EXP that I could get.

I know my explanation was confusing, but I'm sure you guys can figure this out.

#4 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:03 PM

+1

#5 Run3Ravi

Run3Ravi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationMiami,FL
  • Server:The only @#$% one

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:22 PM

+1

#6 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:21 AM

They are given in proportion to your level. However, the farther your level strays from the monsters' level in either direction, the EXP decreases. I do agree with what you're saying, though.

Edited by Yurai, 18 January 2011 - 09:22 AM.

#7 Misuu

Misuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

+1

#8 Paxon

Paxon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • LocationBehind you ^^
  • Server:I forgot which one

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:28 PM

+1

#9 Kwolf

Kwolf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:29 PM

+1

#10 Fantasizer

Fantasizer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationLook down
  • Server:Guess?

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:08 PM

+1

#11 Adamske

Adamske

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:36 AM

+1 agree man definitely

#12 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:48 AM

If a higher level player, in your party, kills a monster, experience could be reduced for each level that they are higher than you. I think the exp gain could be calculated something like this, where the killer is the person who kills the monster and the player is the one getting the experience.

base experience given by monster * (((monster level - player level) - (killer level - player level))(.1)+1)

+1 to op.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users