Upcoming Skill Changes(Pt. 4); Shaman, Forsaker, and Mystic - Bartuk Plains - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Upcoming Skill Changes(Pt. 4); Shaman, Forsaker, and Mystic

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:47 AM

Shaman.png

Forsaker.pngMystic.png

Alteris mentioned in previous Live-Streams that the Development team wanted to make significant changes to the classes of Requiem Online, mainly in the Skill department. There have been discussions already regarding most of the classes and we want YOUR feedback! This is the 4th Thread created regarding about the upcoming changes. You can find the previous ones here...

Protector/Commander Discussion

Templar: Tempest/Radiant Discussion

Warrior: Berserker/Warlord Discussion

With your feedback, we would really prefer if you added reasoning behind your suggestion. Mainly in the "Math" of it. You would need to detail why this skill needs a 5 second stun or why it would deal x2 Critical Damage and so forth. The more details, the better!

EX::

Mystic_Bloodlust.gif Bloodlust :: At Max Level, range is increased to 50.0 m but the duration will only last 5 minutes. Both Str/Fire will be increased to 160+

Currently, we are going over the Shaman, Forsaker, and Mystic Class. If you need any/more detail on these classes, please click on the links provided.

Your feedback/suggestions WILL help shape the future of these classes Temperions so please provide your feedback today! Please provide feedback for only the Shaman, Forsaker, and Mystic Class for now. We will be going over other classes in the near future. Keep in mind that you can reference other classes comparatively but the main focus will be on the  Shaman, Forsaker, and Mystic Class.

Skill Information

Here.... 

Spoiler

#2 Spyclop

Spyclop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:The one under a bridge.

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:07 AM

Shaman:

First AID and Wound Care are too spamable. Increase cool-down.

Forsaker/Mystic:

Switch Chaos Totem and Fire Totem to Mystic and switch Hellfire and Fire Rain to Forsaker. 

#3 EdenEcho

EdenEcho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:46 AM

Shaman:

First AID and Wound Care are too spamable. Increase cool-down.

Forsaker/Mystic:

Switch Chaos Totem and Fire Totem to Mystic and switch Hellfire and Fire Rain to Forsaker. 

while you are there could u switch the curse damage as well please

#4 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:49 AM

Get rid of stuns.

#5 MacMad

MacMad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:01 PM

Mystic

- Summon Healing Fairy

-> castable at party members , the fact that u cant use a partyheal on a partymember is just.....

Edited by MacMad, 21 May 2014 - 12:02 PM.

#6 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:57 PM

Shaman.png

Shaman_Vindictive_Mind.gif

Vindictive Mind:

make this % (worth the Skill Points)

Shaman_Flame_Wave.gif

Flame Wave

reduce the Casting Time from 1.5. sec 

to instant via DNA

if you do , move this to the Second Job its quite Powerful. But atm like nobody use it.

Shaman_Fire_Guard.gif

Fire Guard

quite useless atm.

would be much cooler if this would work like a Buff that dmg. all Enemys approaching the Caster.

mby. 3m radius encompasses the user with a Fire Shield.

Forsaker.png

Forsaker_Mana_Burn.gif

Mana Burn

a lvl 80 Skill should be a must have for each Class but Mana Burn sucks hard in a Bad Way.

better makes this so that it Burns away some of your own Mana but increase your Fire DMG lets say equall to the consumed Mana...

10 % Mana gone makes plus 10 % more DPS etc..

Mystic.png

Mystic_Bloodlust.gif

Bloodlust

make this increase all Magic Attack Power not only Fire one.

Mystic_Burning_Meteor.gif

Burning Meteor

reduce the Casting Time:

make this Instant! but lower the Targets to half 5 mby.

Effect Radius was so much Fun in the Past and to the point with the Name of the Skill

if its a Meteor let it hit more than 20m radius make it like 40m at least.

Shaman_Protection_Totem.gif

Protection Totem

now that we have Block Rate and Defense why not add Block Defense to this Skill?

Mystic_Burning_Mind.gif

Burning Mind

reduced MP recovery ...for a lvl 80 Skill GESUS! that really burns MY Mind!

i dunno why this have to target the Enemy  cuz.  Mystics are Supporter into my Eyes.

better would be:

Shield all Party Member into a Fire Shield for 10 Secs. inflicting Fire DMG to the Enemy at 5m radius.

Edited by Sandyman, 21 May 2014 - 12:58 PM.

#7 DarkJackal

DarkJackal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:09 PM

Shaman.png

Shaman_Vindictive_Mind.gif

Vindictive Mind:

make this % (worth the Skill Points)

Shaman_Flame_Wave.gif

Flame Wave

reduce the Casting Time from 1.5. sec 

to instant via DNA

if you do , move this to the Second Job its quite Powerful. But atm like nobody use it.

Shaman_Fire_Guard.gif

Fire Guard

quite useless atm.

would be much cooler if this would work like a Buff that dmg. all Enemys approaching the Caster.

mby. 3m radius encompasses the user with a Fire Shield.

Forsaker.png

Forsaker_Mana_Burn.gif

Mana Burn

a lvl 80 Skill should be a must have for each Class but Mana Burn sucks hard in a Bad Way.

better makes this so that it Burns away some of your own Mana but increase your Fire DMG lets say equall to the consumed Mana...

10 % Mana gone makes plus 10 % more DPS etc..

Mystic.png

Mystic_Bloodlust.gif

Bloodlust

make this increase all Magic Attack Power not only Fire one.

Mystic_Burning_Meteor.gif

Burning Meteor

reduce the Casting Time:

make this Instant! but lower the Targets to half 5 mby.

Effect Radius was so much Fun in the Past and to the point with the Name of the Skill

if its a Meteor let it hit more than 20m radius make it like 40m at least.

Shaman_Protection_Totem.gif

Protection Totem

now that we have Block Rate and Defense why not add Block Defense to this Skill?

Mystic_Burning_Mind.gif

Burning Mind

reduced MP recovery ...for a lvl 80 Skill GESUS! that really burns MY Mind!

i dunno why this have to target the Enemy  cuz.  Mystics are Supporter into my Eyes.

better would be:

Shield all Party Member into a Fire Shield for 10 Secs. inflicting Fire DMG to the Enemy at 5m radius.

So basically balance the class by giving them more damage, faster damage, and bigger aoe damage.

And Mystic are supports in your eyes, but lets give their burning mind skill a damage effect as well >.>.

#8 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!
  • Server:FOC

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:54 PM

Shamy/caster in easy mode

Allready has enough damage.

able solo jugger npnp 

if anything they need a slight nerf on CD's for heals.

maybe make heal totem just heal not remove dots.

if you want remove dots then u must use new dna that reduces heal amount but gives a % chance to remove dot.

ie-

dna lvl1 10% chance remove dot per tick. %90 heal strength

lvl2 20%dot /80%heal

lvl3 30%dot/70% heal

lvl4 40%dot/60%heal

lvl5 50% chance to remove dot per tick & heal reduced by 50%.

#9 CG6HU3HM2

CG6HU3HM2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:16 AM

i heard that 5 mystic(no tank, rad, just 5 mytic small party) can do raid very effective

#10 CG6HU3HM2

CG6HU3HM2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:21 AM

when discuss OP in stun class assasin (total 18 second)

#11 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:18 AM

So basically balance the class by giving them more damage, faster damage, and bigger aoe damage.

And Mystic are supports in your eyes, but lets give their burning mind skill a damage effect as well >.>.

learn to read.

I just don`t improve the skills i nerf on em - reducing targets.

where are your own Suggestions? flaming is much easier huh?

the Goal is to improve Skills who are not used atm. very much like the 80 ones.

well not like arguing with you will make any sense. 

+30 is all you Guys see in the Game...pretty selfish.

#12 DarkJackal

DarkJackal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:55 AM

learn to read.

I just don`t improve the skills i nerf on em - reducing targets.

where are your own Suggestions? flaming is much easier huh?

the Goal is to improve Skills who are not used atm. very much like the 80 ones.

well not like arguing with you will make any sense. 

+30 is all you Guys see in the Game...pretty selfish.

Sacrificing 10% mana, for 10% dmg is hardly a nerf, nor is reducing a few targets for up to 40m range aoe and lower cast time > > lol.

I didn't flame you either.

#13 Unbound

Unbound

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:07 AM

wow. very shamy. much farms. such ease. many reids

#14 SidZSpY

SidZSpY

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Server:Hammarine

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:44 AM

Mystic are the most gifted class in this game..

Free hp

Free damage

Free Skill crit rate

If atall reduce the amount of free stats given and make thier stuns alittle more worth.Maybe increase stun duration and reduce CD.

And AP i wouldnt agree on that,thier dot remove are very handy on raids (Try ET if you havent yet :P)

Forsaker

They are balanced the way they are except for chaos totem which almost has NO CD and more to me its like it has 30seconds duration or more..again reduce duration and cooldown

Edited by SidZSpY, 22 May 2014 - 04:51 AM.

#15 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:45 AM

while you are there could u switch the curse damage as well please

Question about game mechanics-

if 2 defilers use deadly fog on 1 target, only 1 deadly fog will do damage, the other DOT effect will kick the other and etc. only 1 DOT damage will be active on the target despite 2 fogs. Is this correct?

if so, then having 2 fire using classes benefit from the fire resist down skill makes it slightly unfair as the fire damage can stack. 

and curse hits hard coz its hard to cap using upper level gear.

so lets make it wind damage instead :D

#16 oktay89

oktay89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:03 AM

Some people just never get it. All they do is: "nerf this, nerf that" to all the classes. +30 and still getting their ass kicked. So poor....

On topic:

Make mana burn much stronger - like -70% mana to surrounding enemies. Its a level 80 skill. It should be strong.

Mystic is good balanced.

Foresaker skill blbazing wind should get instant. 1,5s casting time is too much.

#17 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts
  • LocationGravity Interactive, Buena Park, California
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:39 PM

Mystic is one of the classes I know very well. The level 80 skills were added shortly after i reached level 80. I was excited until I saw what Mystics got...

#*$@#?! Mana Burn!

Also, a Mystic having more than one stun: I may have liked this personally, but honestly it does not fulfill any of the intended role of the Mystic and is also not really necessary to be effective.

On healing ability, I remember season one Mystic... I could not heal a paper cut for my life! But then came season two Healing Totem and Healing Fairy, now we were cooking with gas. A Mystic is certainly no Radiant but to fulfill a Support role, which they technically are supposed to be, I think the heals a Mystic have are well placed.

Of course, I also remember in season one, my Mystic had Loa's Curse (movement debuff). I used to clear all the bosses in Ru Burun and Robina together with a Radiant that had Holy Bolt (also a movement debuff). We could actually completely lock down the monsters (boss or not) stacking Loa's Curse and Holy Bolt. When season two gave Forsaker Loa's Curse, I tried changing to a Forsaker but I really missed my heal skills and my area of effect fire skills and ended up changing back in short order. Not to say Forsaker is not a good class, with Chaos Totem and Fire Totem and the modifiers to fire damage, it's great. I just prefer to play Support roles more than Glass Cannon roles.

EDIT:

Oh wait I forgot to say what I think of Burning Mind...

#*$@#?! Burning Mind too!

In case it was not clear, I am more than happy to consider completely changing the level 80 skill for these Jobs even over improving them as they are.

#18 Unbound

Unbound

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:43 PM

Helium is on FIRE !  :no1:

#19 RadiantHelper

RadiantHelper

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 389 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:50 PM

It's nice to see a gm show passion about his game...would be nice if be could keep this passion up and make sure not to forget to listen to the community. Anyways I have a fully +30ed glass cannon mystic/saker so I can speak from experience on mystics. OK so for shaman, change vindictive mind, currently it is useless. Granted it is a level 1 ski but still even for a focer the dmg it adds is nothing. Flame wave needs to have a change in cast time. And maybe change it to a 2-3 second stun with a 1 second cast time so it can match bms invis arrow. Fire shield is indeed useless end game but 49ers tend to use it and some 69ers. Would be nice to see it reflect some short range damage to attackers, since it is a fire shield and kind of makes sense that if you are aaing a wall of fire it would hurt. Otherwise shaman is fine. Mystic, needs 80 skill changed, I believe I saw once a suggestion to turning it into a ground tic are that burns mana every tic instead of doing hp dmg. Would be nice if raid bosses used mana for their skills and this would help stop them from using skills though. Ok bloodlust I think is fine the way it is. Burning meteor maybe change cast time and make it 2 second stun not more. Heal totem is indeed quite op, but it is necessary. Maybe make it so you can only cast either prot totem or heal totem and not both same time? Make you choose between defense or healing. Make healing fairy castable on team mates. Saker I'm less familiar with but the 80 skill also needs to be changed, maybe make it a totem that burns mana and does damage equal to the mana it burns? Chaos totem lasts a bit too long, make duration either less or cd more. Give dna to instant plague charm and make it aoe debuff. Make fire mastery show where that damage increase is please. Currently I ujced to a saker and see almost no difference in damage with flame arrow with fire mastery lvl10 and 10 dna.

#20 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!
  • Server:FOC

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:15 PM

long as u dont meep heal totem  to also meal mana like u did once.

was a month or so when heal totem healed hp dot and mana.

#21 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:06 PM

Shamy/caster in easy mode

Allready has enough damage.

able solo jugger npnp 

if anything they need a slight nerf on CD's for heals.

maybe make heal totem just heal not remove dots.

if you want remove dots then u must use new dna that reduces heal amount but gives a % chance to remove dot.

ie-

dna lvl1 10% chance remove dot per tick. %90 heal strength

lvl2 20%dot /80%heal

lvl3 30%dot/70% heal

lvl4 40%dot/60%heal

lvl5 50% chance to remove dot per tick & heal reduced by 50%.

Yes because surely a class that has zero pvp skills other than support needs to be nerfed.  Radiants have better pvp viability 1v1 than mystic and theyre the games dedicated healers.  Not remove dots? coming from you? thats odd.  Removal of DoTs is the sole thing that keeps lowbie toons alive during raids.  You encourage people to make low toons yet you dont wish for them to progress? Seems off. 

If there is one class to leave alone in requiem, its the mystic.

#22 lenny322000

lenny322000

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:11 PM

Mystics and Forsakers need less hp/con, they shouldn't be able to have more HP than tank class AND do insane damage.

#23 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

The only thing that's really troublesome is as of right now with mystics is the strength of healing totem when grouped now, but that's kind of more of a drawback due to clamor changes as outside of totems even the most +30 mystics have a problem.

Mana burn would definitely be strong against some SS classes if strengthened which would make it so that melee's have to be a bit more careful (if SS and having a low mana pool that is).

Saker really needs more attack skills imo, it's silly that a class that should have the ability to do good damage PvP wise yet be relegated to only spamming flame arrow, fireball and totem. The debuffs are nice, but maybe they could be combined in some manner to allow for less wasted points?

Mystics and Forsakers are fine HP wise too, that's more of a problem with item mall though and item builds. Of course, prots should get some kind of HP increase. (Even though SS can't even damage them because of the dumb block system in play).

#24 CG6HU3HM2

CG6HU3HM2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:40 PM

lol me is noob tank, zerk hit me 1.6k (AA), assasin hit me 3k+(AA +debuff), mystic (2k+)+(2k+)+(2k+) … cos of more than 1 AOE + single skil, defiler…2k+++

#25 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:46 PM

Never said AA doesn't hurt prots with high block rate, SS players have their damage made  into constant 0s on a tank with high block rate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users