Patch Notes v. 504! - Page 2 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v. 504!

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#26 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:29 PM

Server is up!

#27 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:That one

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:30 PM

Isn't there already too many gears for "same lvl"? I mean, 200, 210, 220. This does turn some big part of equipmentes so useless..At this way, some drops doesn't keep up with some changes

#28 FireJin

FireJin

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:46 PM

Something wrong with Luna Access. It doesn't show the bonus stat. I didn't check gear yet

Edit:

Nvm, I relog and it is shown now

Edited by FireJin, 22 May 2014 - 03:51 PM.

#29 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

Isn't there already too many gears for "same lvl"? I mean, 200, 210, 220. This does turn some big part of equipmentes so useless..At this way, some drops doesn't keep up with some changes

The equipment that was released with Sea of Dawn was never truly completed. And unknowingly to me for a while, how to address it was a bit of a discussion. What was settled on was the existing gear that's been in the economy, would be updated to have costume bonuses to enhance drop rates for farming. And the new tiers that were released today, would offer combat use for various builds and play styles, within each class. Each class (Knight, Champion, Mage, Cleric, etc.) will have two (yes, 2) different variant styles of gear. We wanted to do more, but it started to get a little crazy, so we stopped at two, to see how well it went over. If all goes well and more content of this nature would be preferred, we can continue with increasing the various types of gear for specialized class use, rather than clumping the two 2nd classes together with the "same ol'stats"

#30 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:19 PM

Zurn stole all my SoD boxes for some silly pictures...

#31 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:05 PM

The equipment that was released with Sea of Dawn was never truly completed. And unknowingly to me for a while, how to address it was a bit of a discussion. What was settled on was the existing gear that's been in the economy, would be updated to have costume bonuses to enhance drop rates for farming. And the new tiers that were released today, would offer combat use for various builds and play styles, within each class. Each class (Knight, Champion, Mage, Cleric, etc.) will have two (yes, 2) different variant styles of gear. We wanted to do more, but it started to get a little crazy, so we stopped at two, to see how well it went over. If all goes well and more content of this nature would be preferred, we can continue with increasing the various types of gear for specialized class use, rather than clumping the two 2nd classes together with the "same ol'stats"

Then I like this idea!

I didn't see much different actually about the sorcery, fire, water, skills.. maybe this new build styles may turn each type, exceptional and useful

#32 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:08 PM

Zurn stole all my SoD boxes for some silly pictures...

I want to see it when he's finished.

Some of these stat combinations look decent, while others are rather.....idiotic. Hard to tell which sets will be be of any use yet since they have less pvp/pvm defense than honor/valor (thought they dont have negatives). Plus they have substats which adds to their potential, but sadly adds to their cost because of reroll hammers.

#33 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:10 PM

Haven't seen any of the new ones, did a few SoD's got a weapon and oh look another weapon lol.

Also, here's a question, will we be getting exp for doing the low level dungeons if we're not prem? I'd like to see these as a viable leveling option. 

Edited by Feuer, 22 May 2014 - 06:18 PM.

#34 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:57 PM

Just want to point out, there are 20​ different sets for the exalted armor. 

Sea of Dawn (210-240) Fallen Judge Talratha

• 44%
    • Exalted Heavy Frost Armor Box
    • Exalted Leather Frost Armor Box
    • Exalted Sturdy Frost Armor Box
    • Exalted Light Frost Armor Box
    • Luna's Ring
    • Luna's Necklace
    • Luna's Earring

Assuming each item under this category has the same chance of dropping when you complete a Sea of Dawn dungeon:

• There is an 25.143% chance of getting an exalted armor box.
  • There is a 6.286% chance of getting a box for a specific class.
  • There is a 2.095% chance of getting a specific set for that class.
  • There is a .524% chance of getting a specific piece for that set.

Which equates to an average of 191 Sea of Dawn runs completed to get a particular set. Not to mention that if you want to make the best use of these sets you're going to want to reroll them, and if they have no stat or a low tier stat it's going to be even more expensive to begin with. 

In the end it'll probably be better to just stick with your honor or valor set, because these exalted sets are not only much more difficult/expensive to obtain, but they aren't really any better than them to begin with.

Not to mention you can't dissassemble the exalted armor nor weapons (and the weapons especially are oversaturated). Please do something about this, maybe have them dissassemble into valor points? Would be nice to see exalted armor boxes available in the valor shop too, so you can focus on one particular set instead of all of the other possible drops. (Maybe for something high like 1000 points).

Edited by Phish, 22 May 2014 - 07:04 PM.

#35 xultrax

xultrax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Server:Draconis.

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:06 PM

Assuming each item under this category has the same chance of dropping when you complete a Sea of Dawn dungeon:

Which equates to an average of 191 Sea of Dawn runs completed to get a particular set. Not to mention that if you want to make the best use of these sets you're going to want to reroll them, and if they have no stat or a low tier stat it's going to be even more expensive to begin with. 

In the end it'll probably be better to just stick with your honor or valor set, because these exalted sets are not only much more difficult/expensive to obtain, but they aren't really any better than them to begin with.

Not to mention you can't dissassemble the exalted armor nor weapons (and the weapons especially are oversaturated). Please do something about this, maybe have them dissassemble into valor points? Would be nice to see exalted armor boxes available in the valor shop too, so you can focus on one particular set instead of all of the other possible drops. (Maybe for something high like 1000 points).

I havent seen the new sets, but if this is true, then its a big problem .p. With those chances the sets should be op T_T

#36 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

Forgot to mention they have less base defenses than Honor/Valor level 200 gear and have a lower pvp/pvm defense than Honor/Valor Gear.

Honor/Valor has 10%

Exalted has 7%

However, exalted does not have any negative pvp or pvm bonuses.

#37 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Slothnessmonst1
  • LocationBrisbane / QLD / Australia (GMT+10)
  • Server:There can be only one :D

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

i would like to be able to reinforce the exalted armours :D

#38 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:58 PM

Started a topic to figure out all the base stats here: http://forums.warppo...tats/?p=1793756

Help fill in the blanks people. I ran out of boxes.

Also have some questions for how some of those set bonuses work like Skill Power 100.

I agree that some of the stats are ...weird. 14% aspd as a set bonus for a mage set? 

Would like to mention that I got the occasional Costume Bonus-type piece from these boxes. However, all of these boxes I had before this patch, so not sure if these costume-types will appear from boxes received now.

I'm not seeing a change to accessories of any sort? They should at least have applied to Luna/Tutankhamun/Spider sets?

Edited by Nifa, 22 May 2014 - 08:14 PM.

#39 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:37 PM

Im glad my suggestion was brought up and people actually liked it and dint get 5 pages of ppl complaining. Alike this representative thingie

#40 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:18 PM

Thank you for the possibility to farm a bit more :)

#41 Infinity49

Infinity49

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:25 PM

I like it. A lot. :D

Edited by Infinity49, 22 May 2014 - 10:26 PM.

#42 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:09 PM

I like those odds, maybe i'll take some time to get our sets finally, and reward those dedicated farmers / dungeon crawlers. 

Also just checked the prices on Leonis for these, holy crap... 200-400m a piece lol... 

Edited by Feuer, 23 May 2014 - 12:43 AM.

#43 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world
  • Server:Arua

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:33 AM

U kidding right feuer....?? Soo mutch expensive T-T

#44 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:46 AM

Nope, those were the prices when i looked at them.

But I am excited for it to take a bit of dedication to get those good sets. :) that i am seriously happy about. 

#45 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:21 AM

I like those odds, maybe i'll take some time to get our sets finally, and reward those dedicated farmers / dungeon crawlers. 

Also just checked the prices on Leonis for these, holy crap... 200-400m a piece lol... 

I'm not so concerned about their difficulty in obtaining a full set; it's good to have things that take time to get. I'm more concerned over their usefulness compared to their difficulty. As I said Honor and Valor gear are easier to get in generally as good if not better.

#46 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:48 AM

I honestly don't think so, the dual use of pvp + pvm for these, and even some drop sets, can be much better for general purpose, and personally, there are a few new exalted sets I plan to replace some pvp sets of mine with for several of my characters. Given that you respec a little, and maybe shift some stats + skill priority's, you can come out with some very new and unique builds. I think the cost is worth the return, when you're essentially getting 2 sets, for the price of 1. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users