Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback] - Page 35 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
876 replies to this topic

#851 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:59 AM

Juno BB script should be revisited asap, it's probably one of the most popular places.

#852 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:17 AM

Juno boards will be the first ones we'll test the new script on. The problem is getting the new script into the game, which I'm still pushing for. Ideally I want at least all the current boards in-game to be updated with the new script by Christmas, but it's not looking very good.

#853 EirojraM

EirojraM

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:14 AM

I was doing the bounty board quests in Juno and it says that it will give you an Eden Merit badge if I hunted all of them and ask for the reward all at once. I tried this but it still wants me to distribute to base or job or both. I hunted all 150. I am at level 107 doing Harpys, Sleepers, Great Peco and Goats with VIP. I really want the eden merit badge though. :( Just letting you guys know. :)

#854 ZeAlpaca

ZeAlpaca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • Server:Yo Momma Booty

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:22 AM

well, of course since you're vip, you can choose where to put the exp, either to base or job. Since you'd completed everything, you'll still get the reward which is the emb lol :V

#855 EirojraM

EirojraM

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:05 PM

Owwwww is that soo?? Sorry I thought I wouldn't get it. I did the quest before without VIP so I was given the EMB ahahahah! Thanks for clarifying that to me :D thought it was a bug I was scared to redeem. I've been gone for a long time and just came back playing. :) Thank you! :)

Edited by EirojraM, 04 December 2015 - 04:16 PM.

#856 LudovicusHuppert

LudovicusHuppert

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:42 PM

Well, i'm not actually following ur posts, news and stuff about bounty boards, i don't know if u are already doing what i'm about to say or not, but i have my thoughts from what i have experienced before them and with them. I apologize for any info i might not know but u've already explanned somewhere.

Well, i'm here to ask you guys to revise most of the bounty boards level range. (Of course also the not mentioned. I'm saying the ones i have any experience with, some of leveling with the boards, or in the map without boards or even before they appear)

My thing is, there are few boards that i actually do for leveling up outside Gramps's TI, and if the level range sticks as they are now, i probably will never do any of those other boards.

My examples: (i'm taking the bounty range info from iRO Wiki)

Just to don't let you lost here (i think u probably won't, but still->), we start to receive the "real" exp of monsters when u are exactly 15 levels under its level, actually u already receive the exp with a little bonus, and max bonus exp is achieved when you are exactly 10 levels under the monster's. When you are same level as monster or above u receive the normal exp of it. So, to max improvement of ur leveling up, we need to head higher level monster as we level up.

(Geffen)Petites boards -> Lv81~120

I'll never hunt them after level 80, mainly 'cuz the flying one is lv79 and ground one lv86

I'd maybe hunt the flying ones around lv64~71, and move to ground ones till when i feel like it's enough, but u just give me bounty boards at lv81, when flying ones are already giving normal xp, and ground ones are losing their "exp boost".

(Geffen)Orc Boards ->Lv41~75

Once i do like killing mobs, -even with lower exp the mobs make it worth it- i start hunting Orcs at lv27. It still better for me than most, or all, other maps and sad boards. Ok u don't need to set orc board to lv2x, BUT, they are lv44 and 45, and board starts at 41, so, same thing as above. See, u can already hunt there at lv30, so boards should start at that level, and 'cuz of the lack of good boards (at least i think so, taking the one above as example) and thinking of how easy it is to kill huge mobs and make good exp there for me, i usually keep there all road from 27 to 70, and usually make it in one afternoon (nonvip/nobm, just +30%exp from goggles costume). If that doesn't change, i probably won't ever party anyone before Gramps, unless i wish to help(leech) someone. So it max level should also be lowered, but u need to make sure to organize really good the other boards before that.

(Prontera)Poporing/PecoPeco/Muka-> Lv21~50

Mukas are lv23, PecoPeco lv25 and Poporings30. i usually go to pecos/mukas among lv10~13, get to 15 there, and move to poporings, and keep at poporings till27 to move to orcs. Tou it is near good for poporings, i usually go there at lv15 and keep there till 27, and don't really go back to get board when i achieve the lv. A little more organizing here would be also good.

(Juno)NoggRoad-> Lv101~150

Ok, the venatu's ones are pretty right, BUT, noggroad isn't. 2nd "floor" of NoggRoad already gives amazing exp at lv90, the highest level monster there is 107, so shouldn't the level range be 92~120? I have a forever lv100 ranger that solos there, but can't take the quests 'cuz they sadly start at 101...

(Lighthalzen)Kobolds->Lv101~150

Same as noggroad, u can hunt there since 9x, why let it just for 101+? same thing for my ranger

-------

Also, i'm not sure about what i'm about to say, 'cuz i don't remember of having read it anywhere. But i think of the boards as a way to help ppl leveling up, mainly to make parties, so ppl stick together, and maybe a substitute for Gramps, so we could say, "ah, no party for my level range here at gramps, but there are some good bounties i can do". Well that do happen to me [Harpies 70~85 and NoggRoad 101~115], so i can level up there till i achieve a lvl i can find parties more often.

But there should be also a bigger aim: making actual big parties outside gramps (12/12 ppl?).

I remember of once i grinded on Gramps's map, i had already finished both TIs, and was still lv95, so i kept there with that party for 5 consecutive hours, and got to lv99 (nonvip/nobm). I do really think if there were bounty boards for lv92+ on NoggRoad, and we moved there, i'd need a couple less hours to get to 99.

One way of attracting ppl to leave Gramps, or even before it, and do different TI hunts and move around, is to not only revising the level range, but creating "sets" of hunts, where u can kill all on same map, or on following map, so ppl can get badges, and get tempted to do, or actually do all the set. 'Cuz check it, there are 11 different monsters to hunt on prontera 21~50 board, so 11x150 monsters?, that's really unecessary, if some ramdom dude at lv21 decide to do them all, and i be at same time with a lv21 char, when he finishes it i'll be probably over lv50, maybe over 60 (that's nonvip/nobm), when he finishs it, and he would probably still be under lv40 for just one sad badge and 400k? I usually get cards on orc's hunt, and there's also the zeny from orcs boards that would make not doin that insane thing worth it.

Talking about orcs, i would suggest, 150orc lady/warrior/baby for one board? maybe u could change the hunt, more warriors and ladies and less babies? Why to do fixed 150? lol

Same About noggroad, u could make a set of all monsters of second floor, 150 of each, or maybe 200 of the ones with higher respawn, 100 with ones with lower respawn. Maybe actually increase even more the number of kills, so badges don't get that easy. Separate the two dungeons on that board, or just one board with two "sets" of monsters?

Increase number of Melee kobolds kills and decrease number of archer kills, or remove archer from the "set" and increase even more kobold kills?

Other thing, great lack of monsters, well, there are a great quantity to hunt, but there could be other monsters to hunt that are good, as Magmarings? Rachel's Sanctuary? Stapo? Roween? Anacondaq?

Before iRO server, i used to play ragnarok on my country's server, where there used to be no bounty boards nor gramps or similar. So we just grinded around maps doing parties to level up. So i remember i once grinded from 95~110 at magmarings with full parties, ofc that took a while, but their exp aren't that bad. I also used to hunt Roweens, for its level range, some ppl hunted stapos 'cuz it is passive and easier than roween. After NoggRoad/Magmaring/Kobolds,where u can get lv110, on those places (harder for kobolds, a lot easier for noggroad->i got from 105 to 117 there once, basically soloing), we used to hunt at rachel's sanctuary, from 110 to around 125, some ppl said it was possible to even get to 150 there, if patient enough, and having good gears to kill huge mobs frequently. So, why not having BB for them? There were parties on all those maps i mentioned even not existing BB, so...

It is needed to atract ppl for outside gramps, improve our leveling up ways, don't be locked in one place said "better or best", being able to choose, " i'll level up from 10~50 on these places with this char, and from 10~50 on these other places with this other char, just 'cuz i wanna change things a few, once they are basically same exp/reward " and be able to say same about any level.

These stuff are what i think about Bounty Boards and leveling up system, these are what i think that could improve the game and make it better.

I hope this can help in any way. Cya around =]

GL

#857 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:09 AM

https://en.wikipedia...evelopment_hell

#858 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:40 AM

Well, i'm not actually following ur posts, news and stuff about bounty boards, i don't know if u are already doing what i'm about to say or not, but i have my thoughts from what i have experienced before them and with them. I apologize for any info i might not know but u've already explanned somewhere.

In my original proposal for this project, I suggested 30-40 killcounts (maybe go as high as 50). iRO team made it 150.

In the newest phase of the boards, the level ranges were meant to cover 20ish levels because of the EXP penalty. iRO team increased some of them to 30+.

January of this year, I suggested changing the boards to require 100 killcounts, scaled zeny reward, and to change some of the monster selections around. iRO team stalled the project the entire year.

Despite all that, the project is finally moving forward, but as much as I'd like to give an ETA on the official launch of the quest system, I cannot due to many barriers standing in the way.

#859 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:34 PM

This will perhaps be the last update concerning this project (pending responsiveness from the people in charge).

The down-low in regards to the Bounty Boards project:
  • Bounty Boards proposed in Feb. 2014
  • Beta test version implemented in May 2014
  • Initial version was deemed unsatisfactory, changed things around after receiving community feedback.
  • More boards were implemented until Jan. 2015, when I proposed the integration of community suggestions.
  • Project stalled due to hesitation on iRO's part.
  • iRO continues to stall the project due to pRO migration and Episode 14.3 implementations.
  • iRO continues to stall the project due to Rebel update.
  • iRO has now stalled the project for over a year.
  • iRO expresses that the current script has become too bloated and so I proposed starting over fresh to make a better script.
  • iRO continues to stall the project.
At this point, I am convinced that iRO is hesitant to implement community suggestions and nothing can convince them otherwise. Continuing the project on the current script is not an option either as iRO no longer agrees with the current settings. At this point, the Bounty Boards project is dead due to iRO's overall inability to progress the project.

The current boards in-game are now remnants for a project that could've been, but may never will be due to the biggest barrier being iRO themselves. I've fought as long as I could to get the project progressed, but when it's very clear that iRO has no interest in completing the project, it has become very pointless for me to expend energy to continue fighting for the players to have an alternative leveling system to Gramps TIs when all signs point to keeping the status quo.

Congratulations, iRO. You've succeeded in giving false hopes to not only me but everyone who had high hopes for the Bounty Board project's completion.

#860 CatBread

CatBread

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationI come from the MoonXD
  • Server:Moon

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:57 PM

This is really sad, I came back after an year that I didn't play and I found this project quite interesting, so it's really a pity that it has to die in this way.

I hope that iRO will reconsider it again in the future.

#861 TEDDYBEE

TEDDYBEE

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1048 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:13 PM

:p_omg: IT'S NOT REAL, IS IT?  I'm still waiting for the Rachel and Night Clock Tower bounty boards!

Edited by TEDDYBEE, 10 February 2016 - 04:14 PM.

#862 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:23 PM

I really like the bounty boards.  They aren't going away are they?

#863 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:43 PM

The boards as they are are pretty good, they just need to be expanded to more places. 

#864 vegeir

vegeir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:15 AM

Please, lets talk about this. Everyone keep asking for new and better bounty boards (NCT especially) and it's something so simple and easy to implement (since the script is mostly done). Its a shame to see the main developer exhausted for lack of staff feedback.

Oda/Camp, you're great, please listen to us and get back on the bounty boards project.

#865 Eternityzero

Eternityzero

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:23 AM

BBs are great,

add more BBs, dump TI, and make a teleporter to all BBs

that would safe time for WP maintenance(no need to think up TI mobs and chance those by hand)

#866 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:49 AM

I really like the bounty boards.  They aren't going away are they?

The Bounty Boards project as a whole is pretty much dead, but iRO may choose to recycle the boards into something else. I don't know and they have no intention of telling me anything.

Please, lets talk about this. Everyone keep asking for new and better bounty boards (NCT especially) and it's something so simple and easy to implement (since the script is mostly done). Its a shame to see the main developer exhausted for lack of staff feedback.
Oda/Camp, you're great, please listen to us and get back on the bounty boards project.

There's not much left to talk about. I've already compiled everything they need to get this project going and time and time again they've left me and everyone else in the dark concerning the status of the project. iRO has continually been resistant to progress on the boards and after a year of trying my patience, I believe I'm done pursuing this if the people in charge have no faith in its future. It's been made very clear that I am wanted OFF this project despite all the work I've gone into collecting feedback and reevaluating the board structure, so if they want to claim this concept for themselves, then so have it. I'm sure there are others in the community who are overjoyed by this.

#867 1392140604170018137

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 01:20 PM

Just need those nct boards that Oda promised to put in. Hopefully they're still working on em

#868 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 01:40 PM

The Bounty Boards project as a whole is pretty much dead, but iRO may choose to recycle the boards into something else. I don't know and they have no intention of telling me anything.

There's not much left to talk about. I've already compiled everything they need to get this project going and time and time again they've left me and everyone else in the dark concerning the status of the project. iRO has continually been resistant to progress on the boards and after a year of trying my patience, I believe I'm done pursuing this if the people in charge have no faith in its future. It's been made very clear that I am wanted OFF this project despite all the work I've gone into collecting feedback and reevaluating the board structure, so if they want to claim this concept for themselves, then so have it. I'm sure there are others in the community who are overjoyed by this.

I am sorry if we have given you the impression that we dislike you. Unfortunately I only have so many hours in a work day and every time we scheduled time to work on your board requests something always comes up. We appreciate all our players that contribute towards making the game better.

For Chaos my current stack of projects that needs work this quarter is as follows.

Item Duplication Issues (these reports take forever)

Bounty Boards

Summoner

Heroes Trail Pt3 Update

Anniversary Quest(On Going)

Bug Reports(On Going)

Item Description Update(On Going)

#869 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:38 PM

Looks like we need to dupe Campitor. :u

#870 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:41 PM

I am sorry if we have given you the impression that we dislike you. Unfortunately I only have so many hours in a work day and every time we scheduled time to work on your board requests something always comes up. We appreciate all our players that contribute towards making the game better.

For Chaos my current stack of projects that needs work this quarter is as follows.

Item Duplication Issues (these reports take forever)
Bounty Boards
Summoner
Heroes Trail Pt3 Update
Anniversary Quest(On Going)
Bug Reports(On Going)
Item Description Update(On Going)

If an immense amount of workload is being placed on one person, then that's very telling how very little backing you guys have in concerns to community projects. You guys also promised to revise the community headgears, which has been at least 2 years going and still no progress either. Taking on too much on your plate (community projects, events, etc.) and then not delivering on any gives the impression of neglect and I am not the only volunteer you guys dropped the ball on in this manner. You guys know what you are capable of so I don't understand why time and time again you agree to take on projects that you cannot commit to in a timely manner.

You guys need to be honest with yourselves and admit that you cannot take on so many community projects with your tiny workforce. I am being honest with the community that this project as things stand is all and out DEAD. No amount of discussion will change that as long as iRO retains the one-man army workforce that it has. It's very unfair on all sides that everything is so dependent on one person and it's something you need to make clear to current and future volunteers before they decide to commit to anything with you guys.

#871 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:47 PM

If an immense amount of workload is being placed on one person, then that's very telling how very little backing you guys have in concerns to community projects. You guys also promised to revise the community headgears, which has been at least 2 years going and still no progress either. Taking on too much on your plate (community projects, events, etc.) and then not delivering on any gives the impression of neglect and I am not the only volunteer you guys dropped the ball on in this manner. You guys know what you are capable of so I don't understand why time and time again you agree to take on projects that you cannot commit to in a timely manner.

You guys need to be honest with yourselves and admit that you cannot take on so many community projects with your tiny workforce. I am being honest with the community that this project as things stand is all and out DEAD. No amount of discussion will change that as long as iRO retains the one-man army workforce that it has. It's very unfair on all sides that everything is so dependent on one person and it's something you need to make clear to current and future volunteers before they decide to commit to anything with you guys.

Very true.  I'm still sad that nothing has been done with the piece of crap Shadow Chaser headgear.  

#872 CatBread

CatBread

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationI come from the MoonXD
  • Server:Moon

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:58 PM

I arrived at your same point, when I left more than a year ago iRO and the Funengineers. So I understand very well your situation.

Anyway I hope that Campitor and others will reconsider this your project, cos it was quite good, and leave it to die is a waste.

Edited by CatBread, 11 February 2016 - 02:58 PM.

#873 100002391596416

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:56 AM

What does NCT ( from NCT bounty boards)  mean?

#874 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:56 AM

Nightmare Clock Tower (NCT)

#875 SOS101

SOS101

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 February 2016 - 02:32 PM

man that sucks that looked promising, sorry to hear iro is being cheap but then again they only got 3k people so... i dont know.

hopefully they will add 2 more staff members to work on stuff it might help, hell having 1 person just for comminuty stuff in the iro staff would be great

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users