Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback] - Page 34 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
876 replies to this topic

#826 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:34 PM

The only way I'd be okay with a cooldown is if they drastically upped the exp reward.  I mean similar to how the better eden boards give exp.  Most of the iRO custom killcounts have always been (kills x monster exp) or some variable of that.  the good eden quest exp is much more than kills x monster exp.

Also, hopefully we get more high level boards soon in places like the nightmare dungeons.

#827 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:38 PM

I'm more or less against NCT boards simply because it's not promoting leveling in less popular maps, but at this rate we have no choice since we're decades behind kRO/jRO/whatever in updates and content. It may become packed with players and subject to bot abuse but we don't have an alternative to Bio4 at the moment. It's pretty ridiculous that that's our only means of reaching 175, but we gotta make do with what we got.

#828 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:42 PM

I'm more or less against NCT boards simply because it's not promoting leveling in less popular maps, but at this rate we have no choice since we're decades behind kRO/jRO/whatever in updates and content. It may become packed with players and subject to bot abuse but we don't have an alternative to Bio4 at the moment. It's pretty ridiculous that that's our only means of reaching 175, but we gotta make do with what we got.

Pretty sure fuyu got 175 in NCT. So it isn't the only means, merely the quicker one.

#829 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:51 PM

Pretty sure fuyu got 175 in NCT. So it isn't the only means, merely the quicker one.

I know, NCT is a viable means for some classes like RK, GX (especially GX), DPS build classes to an extent, (I really don't know anything about magic classes so not gonna assume anything), but others like AB and stuff can't really solo well (don't know anything about AB either :V). I guess it just sucks to suck :U.

And it sucks even more to know that there are a whopping total of 2 means of 175ing somewhat efficiently. Hence why we shouldn't have gotten the 175 update until we at least had enough appropriate content to get us there.

#830 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:02 PM

there are actually 4 fairly possible means to 175:

1- Bio4

2- NCT, you must be a killer class tho. No, no duo leveling, cuz the exp is already slow for 1 person alone xD

3- MVPing, either BB parties or ET, instances or whatever

4- Good old prize medals :v

#831 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:41 PM

Prize Medals OP, I suck too hard at investing to be able to buy my way to 175 :P. BBs are nice too, provided you can take down >90% of the spawns, which brings back the point that it's not a viable option for everyone. Even with Medals and BBs, it still feels lacking, especially since BBs are iRO exclusive, which means without them it'd be an even tougher grind to 175 for many.

#832 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:02 PM

Have a single board NPC that checks your level and prompts the appropriate bounties rather than having a separate board NPCs for each level bracket.

Sounds similar to the TI board on Classic located in Prontera

goRuMCu.png

Oe4uU50.png

Though I wouldn't want to get rid of the other boards. x) I like them being in their home towns.

Is there a board somewhere that lists all possible bounties? I typically just ask others, but that could be nice to have in Eden or the likes for less social new players (unless it already is). Replace it with the Current Events Board that is still stuck on iRO's 8th Anniversary in Eden, but is a constant misclick for the Eden board NPCs below it. lol

#833 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:03 AM

When I decided to level an Novice 1/1 to Hunter 99/50 using the BB sytem, I relied solely on zeny from selling drops to npcs and zeny rewards from the boards I did.

I was able to buy non-ranked white slims and other items (including a BMX3 for a mass turn-in) using the profits from leveling to help.

I could argue the use of Board Badges for gears could be good, but there already exists one hell of a useful starting gear system...

Seriously, read this... http://irowiki.org/w...uipments_Quests

I am not kidding, read that damn article, the gear you can get from simply following that and dedicating a few moments each day to enchanting them can lead to some seriously good gear to last you til at least 120 (I almost lost it at 60 MDEF in enchants you could get).

So I feel I need to say the time old expression "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

The current system is rather broken because people can farm EMBs up the wazoo on boards that have less than 4 monsters, especially when Gramps offers the same monsters as those boards.

My Bounty Tokens proposal for the boards was to have them replace EMBs. The Bounty Tokens could be exchanged for current EMB offerings in addition to Eden Group gear and enchants. This would make the Bounty Board system an alternative to Eden Group for those who hate having to go into Eden due to the overcrowding issue.

Sounds similar to the TI board on Classic located in Prontera

goRuMCu.png

Oe4uU50.png

Though I wouldn't want to get rid of the other boards. x) I like them being in their home towns.

Is there a board somewhere that lists all possible bounties? I typically just ask others, but that could be nice to have in Eden or the likes for less social new players (unless it already is). Replace it with the Current Events Board that is still stuck on iRO's 8th Anniversary in Eden, but is a constant misclick for the Eden board NPCs below it. lol

The boards are more of a teaching tool for new players to learn about local monsters and level appropriately since they'd be more exposed to world maps than hidden areas like Eden Group and Gramps TIs. Wikis would be more appropriate and efficient for general listings, 'cause that's a lot to scroll through on the tiny in-game windows.

#834 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:52 AM

The current system is rather broken because people can farm EMBs up the wazoo on boards that have less than 4 monsters, especially when Gramps offers the same monsters as those boards.

there's only one board that actually allows this (novus). so it's singular, not plural. changing the entire system because of one board rather than fixing the one board doesn't seem terribly efficient.

#835 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:03 AM

there's only one board that actually allows this (novus). so it's singular, not plural. changing the entire system because of one board rather than fixing the one board doesn't seem terribly efficient.

I'd rather have it set now instead of later in case future boards fall under that issue.

#836 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:10 AM

so what's your proposal to fix? because a cd will negatively affect all bounty boards while addressing the problem that only one has.

just add an extra monster to the novus bounty board so it's not so easily abusable, and make sure all future bounty boards have at least 3 monsters, at least one of which should be on a separate map from the others. problem solved.

#837 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:12 AM

so what's your proposal to fix? because a cd will negatively affect all bounty boards while addressing the problem that only one has.

just add an extra monster to the novus bounty board so it's not so easily abusable, and make sure all future bounty boards have at least 3 monsters, at least one of which should be on a separate map from the others. problem solved.

I've already listed the proposed changes to the boards. The cooldown has been off the table for a page now, I don't see why people still want to talk about it.

#838 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:17 AM

nowhere in the last couple of pages has there been a confirmation that the cd was off the table. all i saw were people clamoring against it. but if you say it's off the table, great. we can all move on.

#839 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 07 October 2015 - 03:20 PM

In my suggestion above, I was saying that the multiple boards in any given town be consolidated to a single board; you would still keep a board in each town.

The boards are more of a teaching tool for new players to learn about local monsters and level appropriately since they'd be more exposed to world maps than hidden areas like Eden Group and Gramps TIs. Wikis would be more appropriate and efficient for general listings, 'cause that's a lot to scroll through on the tiny in-game windows.

The single board in each town would be unique, having its own pool of bounties comprised only of monsters that spawn in the vicinity.

Edited by RichieDagger, 07 October 2015 - 03:21 PM.

#840 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:03 PM

New script is now live. Please let me know if your zeny reward isn't scaling to your base level (1000 zeny x base level) and if you're not getting an EMB for taking 4+ monster quests.

In my suggestion above, I was saying that the multiple boards in any given town be consolidated to a single board; you would still keep a board in each town.

The single board in each town would be unique, having its own pool of bounties comprised only of monsters that spawn in the vicinity.

The original version of the Bounty Boards was similar to this setup, but it didn't work out very well due to forcing players to have to go through several menus in order to get to the monster selection that corresponds with their level range.

#841 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:25 PM

The original version of the Bounty Boards was similar to this setup, but it didn't work out very well due to forcing players to have to go through several menus in order to get to the monster selection that corresponds with their level range.

I guess that goes back to me wanting to see the script. The way I imagined it, once the game checks your level, you'd only be given the options for your bracket.

#842 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:46 PM

New script is now live. Please let me know if your zeny reward isn't scaling to your base level (1000 zeny x base level) and if you're not getting an EMB for taking 4+ monster quests.

Can we get a TL;DR patch notes or changelog? Not even sure what "new script" entails, and I'm not about to go digging through the last couple pages of this thread.

#843 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:34 PM

Can we get a TL;DR patch notes or changelog? Not even sure what "new script" entails, and I'm not about to go digging through the last couple pages of this thread.

You already quoted the TLDR; version.

#844 xnatsumark

xnatsumark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts
  • Server:Thor pRO Server

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:00 PM

before this Bounty Boards fixed, could you share where this Novus Bounty board so i could get more EMB...

thanks appreciate it..

#845 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:12 PM

You already quoted the TLDR; version.

TL;DR in relation to this long thread, but regardless, thanks. =P

#846 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:25 PM

And the new script didn't get implemented properly on the Juno boards. Still using the old script.

Reported it to the iRO team. Hopefully they'll fix it tomorrow.

#847 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:04 PM

Still waiting for a response from the iRO team on this.

#848 NinjaMaster

NinjaMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 03:58 AM

I got a question not sure if it was answered yet. If i take the lvl 40-60 bounty board and when i finish killing the monster and end up lvling to 61, can i still turn in for exp?

#849 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 04:12 AM

yes

#850 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:39 PM

2.5 weeks and still no updates from the iRO team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users