Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback] - Page 4 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
876 replies to this topic

#76 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:23 AM

Yeah, I'm trying to convince Oda and Campitor to remove the warp option entirely. Possibly replace it with a party finder option which would educate players about the party booking system.

It would be great if, when you select the teleport option, the signboard says something like, "Signs can't use skills.  If you need to find these monsters visit db.irowiki.org and see if you can find a priest to warp you."

I gotta say, I do like the implications this provides for partying.  Also, I agree that these billboards would definitely work better without Gramps, though if Gramps goes the way of the dinosaurs, I would like to see monsters with related billboard quests get a significant spawn increase where needed.  The current billboards are a great example of an appropriate amount of monsters on a map.  I think that if you don't have enough, it'll end up becoming really difficult to complete the billboards, especially if you factor in the amount of people doing them once Gramps is gone.

#77 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:44 AM

It would be great if, when you select the teleport option, the signboard says something like, "Signs can't use skills.  If you need to find these monsters visit db.irowiki.org and see if you can find a priest to warp you."

XD

I think re-educating people on the ways of Ctrl + ~ would be better than telling them to go to iRO Wiki's database.

I gotta say, I do like the implications this provides for partying. Also, I agree that these billboards would definitely work better without Gramps, though if Gramps goes the way of the dinosaurs, I would like to see monsters with related billboard quests get a significant spawn increase where needed. The current billboards are a great example of an appropriate amount of monsters on a map. I think that if you don't have enough, it'll end up becoming really difficult to complete the billboards, especially if you factor in the amount of people doing them once Gramps is gone.

In RO2, pretty much everyone uses the party booking system on there; I'd love it if the same can be done in RO1. So much better to find a party than having to be in the right place at the right time.

As for the spawn rate, if I recall correctly, aren't the monster spawns of spotlighted maps increased? That would be a great way to supplement the Bounty Boards.

#78 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

XD

I think re-educating people on the ways of Ctrl + ~ would be better than telling them to go to iRO Wiki's database.

Hopefully we get the map update soon.  It would be nice to get an in game map of all the areas including expansion towns and the new world.

#79 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:56 AM

Apparently, they don't want to get rid of the warping option because they think that's a better VIP perk than, I dunno, INCREASING the EMB rewards for VIPs. <<

-Bounty Board VIP warp now transports to Juno Field 11

Still fighting to get rid of the warp option. Dunno when they plan to expand the system to other towns.

#80 xfusion

xfusion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:59 AM

Apparently, they don't want to get rid of the warping option because they think that's a better VIP perk than, I dunno, INCREASING the EMB rewards for VIPs. <<

Still fighting to get rid of the warp option. Dunno when they plan to expand the system to other towns.

eh i dunno i'm pretty happy with it

#81 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:21 AM

eh i dunno i'm pretty happy with it

The warp option needs to go because people used to Gramps TIs will not have the know-how to explore surrounding maps to get more kills in. The way that the current Bounty Board in Juno (and every other Bounty Board thereof) is situated is meant for players to get MORE kills when they WALK to the designated maps.

#82 xfusion

xfusion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:28 AM

but noone likes walking, also getting to juno field 11 is -_- annoying on a mage or something because of the bots on the map to the left of it causing like 800 geographers to spawn near the portals and that's not even mentioning the mantis.

#83 Kiwimaster

Kiwimaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

For the Bounty Boards that have more than 4 monsters, what are your guys' thoughts on this system?

Have it so each Bounty Board lists all the monster suggestions, but players can only earn EMBs if they pick 4 or more.

4 monster kills = 1 EMB
5 monster kills = 2 EMBs
6 monster kills = 3 EMBs
Etc.

Yay or nay?

Yay on this one! this way gramps might be completely forgotten (save that for 110+) :D

#84 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:34 PM

Quick question. When you turn the 4 quests in, if you choose to give it all to base or job, do you get separate exp from each quests or do you get all the exp in one go? I mean, if it's separate, then you can turn them in safely, without worrying if you'll waste exp or not.

It's a doubt I have lol.

Edited by Joaco, 11 June 2014 - 10:35 PM.

#85 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:55 AM

you get it as two big chunks (the base exp + job exp chunks). when i turned into all base, i got about 700k + 800k exp

#86 dude

dude

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:45 AM

if you are trying to level is it better to turn in 1 quest at a time, or to do all 4 and turn them in altogether? thanks

#87 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:36 AM

As beaupoem said, I think it's better to turn in 1 quest at a time, if you want to get full exp..

Another question, do the non-VIP's get the same exp as VIP's?
Thanks.

#88 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

As beaupoem said, I think it's better to turn in 1 quest at a time, if you want to get full exp..
Thanks.

Actually...

making the reward much higher for turning in all 4 at once vs. 1 at a time was a good idea. more work = better rewards.

Better to take all 4 and turn all of them in at the same time.

#89 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

Thanks.

yeah i never said that haha. definitely better to turn in all 4 at once.

VIP gets 1.5x the exp non-VIP gets. so non-VIP gets a little less than 500k base exp for turning in all 4

#90 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:00 PM

Sorry, I meant for the lower lvls. You won't want to TI the 4 of them being lvl 70. For higher lvls where you need 700k exp at least for the next lvl, then yeah. All of them at once would be better in this case.

#91 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

All I have to say is that the bounty quest is a success. Choosing Juno as the location is a very smart idea. This is where the new players can rebirth, so they can use the bounty board to get themselves to Lv 99. More importantly Juno has monsters that teach new players about status ailments and how to counter these ailments. Sleeper puts you to sleep and Harper silences you. This is tremendously important for a new player to learn. Lastly the exp is pretty decent.

Major kudos to you for putting thoughts into this and kudos to the GM for implementing this idea.

Edited by ilovemilk, 20 June 2014 - 12:12 PM.

#92 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:09 PM

I did the Bounty Quests in Yuno and really liked them.

The Monsters were comparable in strength and difficulty to kill (Though Harpies and Sleeper are aggro and Goats aren't, thus are harder to kill if a lot are on the same screen.)

I especially liked the diversity of having to visit multiple maps while not being forced to travel through half Midgard.

I want more of them!

#93 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:25 PM

I have to say I'm a fan of how the Bounty Boards currently work.

#94 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

Sorry, I meant for the lower lvls. You won't want to TI the 4 of them being lvl 70. For higher lvls where you need 700k exp at least for the next lvl, then yeah. All of them at once would be better in this case.

Well, we'd need a Low Level Bounty Board implemented to see for sure. Which Low Level Bounty Board would people like to test out?

#95 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

Well, we'd need a Low Level Bounty Board implemented to see for sure. Which Low Level Bounty Board would people like to test out?

With the Jumpstart event currently going on I doubt you will get enough results for a full on test. It would have to be implemented after the Jumpstart event.

#96 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

Well yeah, but for after the event.

#97 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:chaos

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

payon has a lot of monsters to choose from that are fairly close in difficulty, spore-elder willow-bigfoot-(bug with pincers that i forgot its name)  could be one set, if you want a bit more you can select greatest generals, wolves and some others i may not recall.

#98 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:00 PM

Yep, got those on Payon's Low Level Bounty Board.

LOW LEVEL BOUNTY BOARDS (Level 69 and below)

Payon
-Willow
-Spore
-Snake
-Bigfoot
-Elder Willow
-Greatest General
Dungeon
-Skeleton
-Soldier Skeleton
-Archer Skeleton

#99 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:47 PM

Derped. Munak and Bongun should be on the Low Level Bounty Board, not High Level. ><

#100 1392140604170018137

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:28 AM

i realize this is still a trial phase but it'd be nice if the monsters were a little closer in level range.  I've been using the bounty boards to get to 99 and rebirth but at 97 the grand pecos are only giving 60% normal exp at this point; unfortunately i can't forgo them if I want to get the bonus from the all 4 turn in.  Otherwise I'd stick with just doing the other 3 since i'd be getting more bang for the buck (ranging between 80-90% normal exp).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users