Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback] - Page 5 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
876 replies to this topic

#101 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:40 AM

There are plans for more leveling options in the future (check out the High Level Bounty Boards here). Once the system is fully expanded, you'll have better monsters to choose from to get you to 99.

#102 1392140604170018137

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:42 AM

yup but i'm trying to get to trans today/tmrw so i'll probably grind elsewhere after hitting 98.  Thanks for all the hard work so far; it's been a great alternative, especially for those who don't do gramps (like me!)

#103 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:48 AM

I originally pushed for the return of the original repeatable EXP quests ever since Eden Group was implemented because I felt that Eden was very inefficient for leveling. Once I saw how much of the playerbase Gramps TIs siphoned from the world map, I felt I had to do something so I gave up on pushing for the old repeatable EXP quests and proposed the Bounty Boards system. I didn't really expect them to go for the idea; figured I'd get overlooked like many other ideas proposed here. Surprise, surprise.

#104 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:56 PM

Eclage
(No data for now since it's more beneficial once we get the 160 level cap.)

Its actually one of the best place for 135+, not 160.

#105 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:15 PM

http://irowiki.org/w...ty_Board_Quests :v

#106 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:46 PM

I just did the greatest general bounty board and I only got 1exp and 3jexp as a reward.  Plus, the quest window text was garbled.

#107 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:01 AM

Its actually one of the best place for 135+, not 160.

Oh, is it? I was told otherwise. :3 What monsters around Eclage would work for 150 kill counts?

http://irowiki.org/w...ty_Board_Quests :v

But it's still in the testing phase! D:

I just did the greatest general bounty board and I only got 1exp and 3jexp as a reward.  Plus, the quest window text was garbled.

Gosh darn it, WarpPortal. <<

#108 IlliterateGaming

IlliterateGaming

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 680 posts
  • LocationYouTube & Twitch.tv
  • Server:Chaos & Loki

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:32 AM

I've done the Juno bounty board quite a few more times. And I really prefer the leveling style to Gramps. The leveling speed is less attractive but at least you don't feel like breaking your computer :)

#109 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

Hmm.. I was thinking that the bounty board quests should have a cooldown that starts when the quest is taken (preferably 20-40 minutes). A cooldown not too long that it will affect normal players but a cooldown just long enough that it should help prevent players from breezing through the quests on their alts by doing killing with their main characters.

#110 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:20 PM

Oh, is it? I was told otherwise. :3 What monsters around Eclage would work for 150 kill counts?

But it's still in the testing phase! D:

Gosh darn it, WarpPortal. <<

http://www.divine-pr.../map/ecl_tdun01

http://www.divine-pr.../map/ecl_tdun02

#111 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

Hmm.. I was thinking that the bounty board quests should have a cooldown that starts when the quest is taken (preferably 20-40 minutes). A cooldown not too long that it will affect normal players but a cooldown just long enough that it should help prevent players from breezing through the quests on their alts by doing killing with their main characters.

That'd be a nice anti-botting measure. 30 minutes seem reasonable since it takes about that amount of time for human players to complete the kill counts.

http://www.divine-pr.../map/ecl_tdun01

http://www.divine-pr.../map/ecl_tdun02

Those spawn rates seem rather insufficient for even solo leveling. <<

#112 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

Just remembered the DST bug exists :Y well then

Also Eclage Tower maps are really small. With just a few people in the map there will always be something on your screen to kill.

#113 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

We fixed it tonight about 20 minutes ago. They will give proper exp now.

#114 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:28 PM

;-; but I was using BMx3 and finished 150 Harpies in 15 minutes, turned it in to get another Harpy quest.. TI has been horrible, so I really prefer the Bounty Board over it and also used the warp option to save time on my BMx3.

#115 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:42 PM

Also Eclage Tower maps are really small. With just a few people in the map there will always be something on your screen to kill.

Well, if there's not going to be a lot of KSing involved with the small spawn rate, I guess I'll compile the Eclage board. <<

;-; but I was using BMx3 and finished 150 Harpies in 15 minutes, turned it in to get another Harpy quest.. TI has been horrible, so I really prefer the Bounty Board over it and also used the warp option to save time on my BMx3.

Should the quest acceptance cooldown be 15 minutes instead?

#116 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

I was just trying to make the best of my BMx3..  XD So what I did was did all 4 quests (Sleeper really stinks btw), and turn it all in with BMx3, and grab a Harpy quest since it does reward the most, get 150 counts in 15 mins or so, turn in again and get another quest and turn in again.

The speed was okay, I had gone faster with soloing in low TI or Noggroad (without turn in EXP from anywhere). It's actually fun and exciting for me to race against the BMx3 a lot so if it was taken away it will just slow me down a bit. If a cool down is really needed to prevent bot abuse, I guess it can't be helped. Maybe give the option to reset the timer still like TI does?

Regardless, the bounty board is a lot more fun than TI right now. It's much more manageable with players that has lesser gears also. : ) I wish there was one for Noggroad even and Juperos.

Edited by WarlockFier, 20 June 2014 - 07:08 PM.

#117 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:21 PM

Oda, Campitor, if you guys are going to suggest maps in the bounty board, why not make them into navigational links for players to click on? We do have the navigation system on iRO, you know. :3

Also, the quest text is still in Atlantean and the quests don't show up in the quest log like the Juno board ones.

lpm2JnE.jpg

I was just trying to make the best of my BMx3..  XD So what I did was did all 4 quests (Sleeper really stinks btw), and turn it all in with BMx3, and grab a Harpy quest since it does reward the most, get 150 counts in 15 mins or so, turn in again and get another quest and turn in again.

The speed was okay, I had gone faster with soloing in low TI or Noggroad (without turn in EXP from anywhere). It's actually fun and exciting for me to race against the BMx3 a lot so if it was taken away it will just slow me down a bit. If a cool down is really needed to prevent bot abuse, I guess it can't be helped. Maybe give the option to reset the timer still like TI does?

Regardless, the bounty board is a lot more fun than TI right now. It's much more manageable with players that has lesser gears also. : ) I wish there was one for Noggroad even and Juperos.

Well, I didn't intend for the Bounty Boards to be for quick leveling. :3 They're meant for people who like leveling out in the world. Plus, I don't like how kRO designed Eden Group as it felt pretty inefficient to me the way everything is set up. So the boards are an alternative to those as well as Gramps TIs. I apologize if they're not fast like Gramps. :3

Ideally, players are supposed to pick and choose which monsters they feel would be best for themselves. Of course, with the only 2 boards available now there's no sense of this, but once the system is expanded to ALL towns, it'll become more clear. (You can look on page 3 of this thread to see what the other boards will have. There will be Nogg Road and Juperos monster selections in the future.)

#118 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:39 PM

Oda, Campitor, if you guys are going to suggest maps in the bounty board, why not make them into navigational links for players to click on? We do have the navigation system on iRO, you know. :3

Like so? :U

6r2cmex.png

The board NPCs should do this rather than warp directly to the maps.

---

Having done the payon bounty boards they are a little... over the place. http://irowiki.org/w...ty_Board_Quests

Spores seems to offer quite a lot of EXP compared to the other quests considering their level and difficulty. It should be more like Boas. Bigfoot and Greatest Generals aren't really worth while. They are on giant maps and the spawns aren't fitted for them. Getting EMBs aside, there really isn't any point in bothering with those two quests. If I could make a suggestion, I would suggest changing one of them (Bigfoot preferably) to Wolves http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1013/.

#119 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:08 PM

Like so? :U

The board NPCs should do this rather than warp directly to the maps.

YES. I'd prefer that over the warp option. :U

Having done the payon bounty boards they are a little... over the place. http://irowiki.org/w...ty_Board_Quests

Spores seems to offer quite a lot of EXP compared to the other quests considering their level and difficulty. It should be more like Boas. Bigfoot and Greatest Generals aren't really worth while. They are on giant maps and the spawns aren't fitted for them. Getting EMBs aside, there really isn't any point in bothering with those two quests. If I could make a suggestion, I would suggest changing one of them (Bigfoot preferably) to Wolves http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1013/.

But Bigfoot spawns 150 on the whole map. Once there's more parties in there, the spawn should be better. And Greatest Generals are good for people leveling Archers and Gunslingers.

Wolves can totally be added to the Payon board. :3 No need to replace.

#120 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:15 AM

Well, I didn't intend for the Bounty Boards to be for quick leveling. :3 They're meant for people who like leveling out in the world. Plus, I don't like how kRO designed Eden Group as it felt pretty inefficient to me the way everything is set up. So the boards are an alternative to those as well as Gramps TIs. I apologize if they're not fast like Gramps. :3

Ideally, players are supposed to pick and choose which monsters they feel would be best for themselves. Of course, with the only 2 boards available now there's no sense of this, but once the system is expanded to ALL towns, it'll become more clear. (You can look on page 3 of this thread to see what the other boards will have. There will be Nogg Road and Juperos monster selections in the future.)

I like leveling in the natural spawn maps, but being someone who already been there a lot I do feel the warp and able to repeat the quest is very convenient. I guess I found it a bit contradicting you said Eden Group was inefficient while being against Bounty Board being efficient.. xD

It's understandable if you want to slow it down some. But for someone who used to enjoy leveling very quickly in low TI maps (I'm sure I am not the only one given there's alot of people that would make permanent level 99 characters to keep doing low TI for Eden badges), grinding too slow can be a set back and drives players into being unsure what to do in between the cool down time. That and yeah, there's that DST bug. >.<

Edited by WarlockFier, 21 June 2014 - 02:17 AM.

#121 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:16 AM

kRO designed Eden Group Quests to fit the speed/anticipation of kRO users. Not something that is considering iRO or other RO server. That said, Bounty Board should be made and should consider current style of iRO leveling. 

#122 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:02 AM

I like leveling in the natural spawn maps, but being someone who already been there a lot I do feel the warp and able to repeat the quest is very convenient. I guess I found it a bit contradicting you said Eden Group was inefficient while being against Bounty Board being efficient.. xD

Perhaps I chose the wrong word in saying efficiency when the one I was going for was logic. For some of the Eden Group quests, they make you turn in to an NPC that's outside the Eden Group. And then in order to get the quest again, you have to go back into Eden Group and then go back outside to turn-in. If the turn-in NPC is going to be outside the Eden HQ, why not allow players to accept outside the Eden HQ as well? Those are the quests that I'm addressing. Bounty Boards removes the Eden HQ "middle man." The leveling speed is still the same as Eden Group, yes, but the way it's set up to accept and turn in is much more logical. That and I'm just darn tired of having to wade through all those frickin' chat room players just to get some leveling done. >.< At least people spread out more in towns so there's areas for me to click on.

It's understandable if you want to slow it down some. But for someone who used to enjoy leveling very quickly in low TI maps (I'm sure I am not the only one given there's alot of people that would make permanent level 99 characters to keep doing low TI for Eden badges), grinding too slow can be a set back and drives players into being unsure what to do in between the cool down time. That and yeah, there's that DST bug. >.<

Yes, that darn DST bug. << But as far as I know Gramps isn't going anywhere so if the Bounty Boards are too slow, players can always turn back to Gramps.

kRO designed Eden Group Quests to fit the speed/anticipation of kRO users. Not something that is considering iRO or other RO server. That said, Bounty Board should be made and should consider current style of iRO leveling.

Well, I'm a PVM player and the Bounty Boards were meant to suit the leveling style of PVM players, which is slower than those making PVP characters. :3

#123 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:38 AM

Well, I'm a PVM player and the Bounty Boards were meant to suit the leveling style of PVM players, which is slower than those making PVP characters. :3

I'm a PVM player as well, and PvM for me is always about time efficiency. Not everyone whos making PvP character can afford such fast phased leveling. So idk where are you coming from that conclusion. 

What i was saying is that bounty board should fit more into what iRO people wants. Making leveling process slower than Turn In really defeats the purpose of what you're doing. it will never replace Turn in or even give alternative choice if it doesnt offer same efficiency as turn in or better. 

#124 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:14 AM

Unfortunately, the Gramps TI has gotten people use to leveling too fast.  So, now anything that isn't that fast will never please people who got use to Gramps.  The bounty boards is the best alternative and what they should have done in the first place. 

2 comments from running through the Payon field bounty board:

As ZeroTigress already pointed out, the quest journal entries are messed up

The level range on the 5 quests doesn't make sense to combine into on since the level range is too large.  Spores and boas are too low level to be in the same chain as Greatest Generals and Elder Willows.

#125 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

I have to agree making Bounty Board leveling slower than TI defeats the purpose  of deterring people from Gramps. Even if not Bounty Board or Gramps TI, leveling at Noggroad during the x2 EXP event with a Knight going Bowling Bashing the mobs is what iRO players are used to now.

When low TI is good, I like killing around 800+ monsters in 15 minutes. I know I am not the only one as I have seen others like Illiterate Gaming doing similar stuff with his Eden Soldiers, also posted a video of him soloing Noggroad during the spotlight. That is why Noggroad, Juperos, Abyss Lake, Scaraba is nice. Those maps gives the amazing efficiency in leveling and actually is a better alternative to Gramps (if Gramps TI is crappy)

That leveling way is very fun for me. xD Mobbing clearing huge mobs and racing against a timer.

At the moment, Bounty Board is a lot more fun than Gramps awful TI, I'm helping out some new players get accustomed to it and because of their lesser gears and supply, they are already leveling at a manageable speed.

I tried Eden Board again, the reward was... well, kinda sad with the ton of walking just to kill 30 monsters in large maps. So I kinda stopped doing them. =x

Edited by WarlockFier, 21 June 2014 - 08:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users