Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback] - Page 8 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
876 replies to this topic

#176 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

Would rather see Manuk have its own board and both be in their actual towns :v

You can warp to the towns from the camp anyways so :Y Forget the NPCs name but its right outside the camp's main building.

#177 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:38 AM

eclage board please. hard to level 141+ while eden quest stops at 140.

#178 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:41 AM

eclage board please. hard to level 141+ while eden quest stops at 140.

Wouldn't leveling past 141 be easy with a trap ranger? Fire Trap should be able to make Scaraba Hall an effective Leveling spot.

#179 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:43 AM

i did that, but kinda bored, the mindless grinding without any short targets (like quests or killcounts) killed me. i also often soloing in bifrost tower. with bounty boards there are checkpoints to stop and to move to another target every 150 counts.

#180 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:06 AM

http://irowiki.org/w...ty_Board_Quests
Haven't finished Cornus but cant imagine it being any better.

Cornus turned out to be better :v the best and most suitable EXP reward actually. Sad the spawn rates are so bad that it makes it not worth doing though. Still wondering why Naga is the worst of the 4.

#181 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:39 AM

If it's moved to Splendide, I hope it's at the entrance. No teleport on that map is bleck.

#182 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

It shouldn't be that hard to figure out what the xp should be...Mob xp x kill count.

This is what the exp SHOULD be (you can check toxn's irowiki link to see how horrible it actually is):

Cornus - 936,000 / 600,600

Naga - 441,600 / 331,800

Pinguicula - 315,150 / 362,850

Luciola Vespa - 243,300 / 270,900

So lets say now that someone does all of these quests. They will get 3,872,100 / 3,132,300 (this is assuming they would get 100% xp per kill, which they wont at lvl 100 because cornus and naga are too high). For a lvl 100, thats not too bad. But as you get higher, the scale % starts tipping wildly into the higher digits. There is absolutely Zero reason that a person nearing 150, or even 120 for that matter, would desire to do these quests.

This is of course said with being under the current impression that these are the bounty boards that will lead up to 150, if there is intent to further add more and get people to explore further into the new world, then that doesn't matter.

As it stands, VIP with the suggested rewards should get 5.8m xp (this includes monster kill xp). Thats reasonable to get them up to 120. But by the time they get to 120, the xp on those mobs will begin to start lowering their xp given due to a level gap. You could even stick them in this range up to 125 and they'd still get reasonable xp. But after 125 at the latest, we should see another bounty board. Ideally, the new bounty board should start at 120, but be tuned for a 125+ character.

At 125+ you can make it interesting. You can offer monsters other than just the ones in the new world, and increase their xp reward due to players having to travel and possibly do lengthy quests first in order to access those mobs. For example, you could offer banshee's as a possibility. They should give 1,017,000 with VIP for 150 kills. If you take that, and add 50% additional xp considering you have to travel, and its a rather lengthy quest chain to enter there, you give 1,525,500 xp for the turn in. That's very reasonable, and makes it actually worth doing a quest that someone may have just decided they'd rather not do if not for the nice exp this would add.

#183 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

Wow, I haven't read thoroughly yet... 150? I've grinded that map like stupid (120ish Eden Quest) and finished in an hour for all counts (iirc 20 or 30 for each monster) and yeah, Cornus need to be hunted for years (strange enough, I got 3 cards from it while I get none from Naga and only one from Dark Ping).

Not really worth it over 120 and Scaraba should be taken into account for the board to expand.

I suggest it stops at 120, switch to Manuk fields (Bradium Golems etc) until 135 or 130? Then finally Scarabas till 145 or 150. Adds Eclage as an option besides Scaraba.

Also liked Tkwan suggestion on mobs that need access quests.

#184 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:38 PM

Suggestion for Bounty Board 120~140

Gold Acidus

Blue Acidus

Ferus (Red)

Ferus (Green)

Suggestion for Bounty Board 130~140

Salamander

Kasa

Necromancer

Banshee

#185 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

Suggestion for Bounty Board 120~140
Gold Acidus
Blue Acidus
Ferus (Red)
Ferus (Green)

Those are already on the High Level Bounty Board for Hugel. http://forums.warppo...feedback/page-3

Suggestion for Bounty Board 130~140
Salamander
Kasa
Necromancer
Banshee

Necromancer and Banshee are on the High Level Bounty Board for Veins. http://forums.warppo...feedback/page-3

I will look into adding Thor's Volcano monsters to the Veins board.

#186 Kiwimaster

Kiwimaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

Dont worry coz the announcement says the board is at Splendide so people would still go there to look for the board.  :heh:

Did exactly that :P

Wander around Splendide for a while and can't find the board, so went back to check the forums just to discover the board's inside the camp  :pif:

And since the splendide mobs are the only current 100+ bounty board mobs i'm doing those on my 134 ranger...a bit too easy (feels more like a 100~125 level) and i'm getting a large exp penalty since these mobs are way below my level...Scaraba would be better i guess.

Edited by Kiwimaster, 10 July 2014 - 02:11 PM.

#187 ssloner

ssloner

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:31 AM

Hey just want to ask, if I took the bounty quest from Payon which has a max level restriction of 70, and I leveled up to 71 half way of the quest, would I still able to complete the quest and get the rewards?

#188 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:18 AM

The level check is only at the start of the quest and not to finish I believe.

#189 ssloner

ssloner

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

The level check is only at the start of the quest and not to finish I believe.

I see. I'm having issue with the Spore hunting doesn't count any kills no matter how many I killed, so I can't claim my rewards :( .

#190 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:01 AM

I don't know if this has already been raised, but is there a way to select all quests at once instead of having to select 4 individually?  I mean i guess this can apply to the eden boards as well, but it'd be awesome if we have the ability to just say, "i'll take everything you got" and just go from there.  otherwise it's at almost 20 dialog boxes to get all the bounty board quests.

#191 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:42 PM

I would love to see the board selections streamlined.  The same can go for the vip warper npcs.

Here's an example of how the board should be listed:

Page 1                                   Page 2

1) Choose bounty mission > (bounty 1) (bounty 2)  (bounty 3)  (bounty 4)                                  < if you click on one of these while doing a bounty it should give you an option to drop quest

2) Turn in bounty              > (bounty 1) (bounty 2) (bounty 3) (bounty 4) (turn in all 4 bounties)

3) Cancel

You don't need tons of dialog, just keep it simple.  It doesn't make sense to have dialog anyway, it's a sign post not a person

#192 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:15 PM

I don't know if this has already been raised, but is there a way to select all quests at once instead of having to select 4 individually?  I mean i guess this can apply to the eden boards as well, but it'd be awesome if we have the ability to just say, "i'll take everything you got" and just go from there.  otherwise it's at almost 20 dialog boxes to get all the bounty board quests.

I don't think a Ctrl + click feature would be possible with RO's shoddy programming. It would be useful in this case if it was.

I would love to see the board selections streamlined.  The same can go for the vip warper npcs.
Here's an example of how the board should be listed:

Page 1                                   Page 2

1) Choose bounty mission > (bounty 1) (bounty 2)  (bounty 3)  (bounty 4)                                  < if you click on one of these while doing a bounty it should give you an option to drop quest
2) Turn in bounty              > (bounty 1) (bounty 2) (bounty 3) (bounty 4) (turn in all 4 bounties)
3) Cancel

You don't need tons of dialog, just keep it simple.  It doesn't make sense to have dialog anyway, it's a sign post not a person

This is my ideal setup for the Bounty Board menus:

hcCWoPi.png

No warp option, since players can provide that themselves (with or without VIPs) and the boards are meant to encourage players to explore the world maps instead of being babysat by the game. A good bounty hunter should be able to learn where ideal hunting locations are, anyhow.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 21 July 2014 - 09:18 PM.

#193 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:55 PM

No warp option, since players can provide that themselves (with or without VIPs) and the boards are meant to encourage players to explore the world maps instead of being babysat by the game. A good bounty hunter should be able to learn where ideal hunting locations are, anyhow.

I'm ok with VIP warp, I know it's too convenient, so maybe just one, random warp, to one map that can easily access most of the other maps, like Juno Field 08/Kiel Khayr Academy. I never hunt Goats and Harpies on their warpportal-default map anyways since Juno 07/El Mes Gorge is WAY WAY WAY better.

In the case of Splendide, no warp at all is ok since it's just 3 neighbouring maps ffs... Unlike the whole Juno fields that might be not beginner friendly...

#194 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:03 AM

I'm ok with VIP warp, I know it's too convenient, so maybe just one, random warp, to one map that can easily access most of the other maps, like Juno Field 08/Kiel Khayr Academy. I never hunt Goats and Harpies on their warpportal-default map anyways since Juno 07/El Mes Gorge is WAY WAY WAY better.

That's the thing: the warp option gives players the false impression that the NPC is warping you to the "right" map when there are other maps that more ideal. How would newbie players know other maps are better for certain monsters when the current boards give off the assumption it knows best? Barely anyone on the iRO team plays the game, let alone know which maps are best for which monsters. That's another reason I want to see the warp option gone.

In the case of Splendide, no warp at all is ok since it's just 3 neighbouring maps ffs... Unlike the whole Juno fields that might be not beginner friendly...

Juno fields are high level maps to begin with; they're not meant to be beginner-friendly. <<

#195 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:32 AM

That's the thing: the warp option gives players the false impression that the NPC is warping you to the "right" map when there are other maps that more ideal. How would newbie players know other maps are better for certain monsters when the current boards give off the assumption it knows best? Barely anyone on the iRO team plays the game, let alone know which maps are best for which monsters. That's another reason I want to see the warp option gone.

Juno fields are high level maps to begin with; they're not meant to be beginner-friendly. <<

Now I'm confused. So are the boards designed for newbies or seasoned players? Getting from 1~85 already easy as is and Bounty Board really helps to advance outside TI.

--

Regarding exp reward for Juno board, is it really intended that the exp reward is lower than mob x kill count, unlike TI?

Harpy rewards mob x half-killcount, for example.

I realized Splendide's Cornus exp reward also counted as mob x half-killcount. Although the exp burst is already good as is, it is not near enough for trans classes. And I can't imagine how low it is for higher levels.

#196 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:06 AM

harpy is baddie

#197 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:14 AM

I don't think a Ctrl + click feature would be possible with RO's shoddy programming. It would be useful in this case if it was.

I wasn't thinking of a ctrl+click feature; more like a 5th option (using juno as example) that says "all of them" when prompted, "which would you like to hunt"

#198 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:50 AM

Now I'm confused. So are the boards designed for newbies or seasoned players? Getting from 1~85 already easy as is and Bounty Board really helps to advance outside TI.

They're for all players. If you haven't noticed, most newbies are doing Gramps TIs so they wouldn't know where ideal hunting locations be.

Regarding exp reward for Juno board, is it really intended that the exp reward is lower than mob x kill count, unlike TI?

Harpy rewards mob x half-killcount, for example.

I realized Splendide's Cornus exp reward also counted as mob x half-killcount. Although the exp burst is already good as is, it is not near enough for trans classes. And I can't imagine how low it is for higher levels.

If you have suggestions for better EXP rewards, please leave them here. The EXP rewards as implemented are from the iRO team, not me.

I wasn't thinking of a ctrl+click feature; more like a 5th option (using juno as example) that says "all of them" when prompted, "which would you like to hunt"

That would be a doozy to do on, say, the Geffen board with its 10+ monsters. I'll ask Oda and Campitor about it.

#199 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:00 AM

That would be a doozy to do on, say, the Geffen board with its 10+ monsters. I'll ask Oda and Campitor about it.

thanks! i mean, unfortunately it's most beneficial when there are 10+ separate quests to select @_@

#200 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

They're for all players. If you haven't noticed, most newbies are doing Gramps TIs so they wouldn't know where ideal hunting locations be.

Crap, I've been throwing out newbies to avoid TI if possible and do more bounty boards x.x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users