Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback] - Page 9 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
876 replies to this topic

#201 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

No warp option, since players can provide that themselves (with or without VIPs) and the boards are meant to encourage players to explore the world maps instead of being babysat by the game. A good bounty hunter should be able to learn where ideal hunting locations are, anyhow.

Perhaps instead of a warp the board could provide navigation links.  It would guide new players to the map but they could also see the maps on the way.

#202 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

Perhaps instead of a warp the board could provide navigation links.  It would guide new players to the map but they could also see the maps on the way.

That wouldn't work either because even with a navigation link, you're still asking the iRO team to tell you where to go (AKA having the staff babysit players). And since the iRO team barely plays RO at all, they wouldn't know the ideal locations for the monsters.

Either way, it's better for players themselves to decide where to go because whichever map is ideal for one job class is not ideal for another.

#203 7897130711131023147

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

But seriously though, I'd love to see the proposals because I seriously don't remember seeing anyone suggest something similar. I want credit to go where credit is due. I didn't know any others existed when Oda and Campitor told me my idea was implemented. Would've been nice if they mentioned that to me.

EDIT: I remember ShinobiEX3 mentioning that he had an idea for something bounty board-like, but that's about it. :U

#204 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

That wouldn't work either because even with a navigation link, you're still asking the iRO team to tell you where to go (AKA having the staff babysit players). And since the iRO team barely plays RO at all, they wouldn't know the ideal locations for the monsters.

Either way, it's better for players themselves to decide where to go because whichever map is ideal for one job class is not ideal for another.

While I understand your distrust of the iRO staff, I still think it's a good happy  in-between.  It actually encourages players to learn the area while also showing them the navigation system.  While following the navigation to the recommended map they may see something better or learn about something along the way.  Anyway, modern quest systems (RO2's anyway) shows the exact location of hunting targets on the in game map.  Granted RO1's monster placement is more random compared to some modern mmos like RO2 it would be a benefit to those who are use to those features.

#205 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:14 PM

While I understand your distrust of the iRO staff, I still think it's a good happy  in-between.  It actually encourages players to learn the area while also showing them the navigation system.  While following the navigation to the recommended map they may see something better or learn about something along the way.  Anyway, modern quest systems (RO2's anyway) shows the exact location of hunting targets on the in game map.  Granted RO1's monster placement is more random compared to some modern mmos like RO2 it would be a benefit to those who are use to those features.

The navigation system is better off for actual quests, not the Bounty Boards. Players would be able to learn areas just fine without them; it's not like RO's world is that hard to navigate. I've already made sure the monsters for each board appear on the maps adjacent to the towns.

Perhaps a better compromise is to teach players about how to open the world map. (Ctrl + ~) Better to get another unused feature more advertised.

#206 Damara

Damara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

I get my kills on two maps: the goat map with the entrance to Juperos, since it has goats, grand pecos and a manageable number of harpies, and Yuno field 06, which has only sleepers and geographers.

#207 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

So I've received word that the Splendide board is never going into Splendide. That said, I will start deleting suggestions for both the Splendide and the Manuk boards since it seems that the CMs really don't want players visiting unvisted towns after all.

Anyone else not want to visit a certain town? Let me know and I'll start deleting suggestions for those boards as well.

#208 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:36 PM

i suppose the CMs are having a hard time talking to the devs

CMs talk in english, while the devs talk in C

#209 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:36 AM

Been doing the Juno board on my low levels and was wondering if it's possible to get xp in smaller chunks when you turn them in all at once and select all base or all job? Not really a big deal, just wondering if it's possible to be like gramps (oh shiet, I said the G word) in that regard to avoid wasting xp on lower levels.

*zips flame resistant suit*

#210 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:40 AM

Been doing the Juno board on my low levels and was wondering if it's possible to get xp in smaller chunks when you turn them in all at once and select all base or all job? Not really a big deal, just wondering if it's possible to be like gramps (oh shiet, I said the G word) in that regard to avoid wasting xp on lower levels.

*zips flame resistant suit*

As far as I know, the ability to choose to put EXP into either base or job is limited to VIPs. I don't currently have VIP so I can't test this.

#211 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:47 AM

Oh... nevermind then, thought it's possible regardless of account status if you do all counts on the board. :s

#212 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:57 AM

Oh... nevermind then, thought it's possible regardless of account status if you do all counts on the board. :s

Yeah, they structured the EXP rewarding to work like Gramps, which I don't mind too much. Just hate the warp option since that was a slap to my face as I put in a lot of work to make sure the monsters for each town's Bounty Board was close by enough to not need NPC warps. And now they don't want Bounty Boards in towns even though they told me they wanted to create incentives for players to go to less visited towns. I'm starting to lose passion in this project.

#213 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:21 AM

Yeah, they structured the EXP rewarding to work like Gramps, which I don't mind too much. Just hate the warp option since that was a slap to my face as I put in a lot of work to make sure the monsters for each town's Bounty Board was close by enough to not need NPC warps. And now they don't want Bounty Boards in towns even though they told me they wanted to create incentives for players to go to less visited towns. I'm starting to lose passion in this project.

they already removed the warp on brasilis...who knows maybe they will remove the warp on other boards too?

At any rate, I'm fine with the warp as long  as it does not include places that require quests to access.

I'm also fine with having to walk.

And btw...does anyone know if we get an EMB for doing just the brasilis dungeon mobs(piranha/iara)? I got an EMB for doing the field mobs only. 

#214 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:47 AM

they already removed the warp on brasilis...who knows maybe they will remove the warp on other boards too?

At any rate, I'm fine with the warp as long  as it does not include places that require quests to access.

I'm also fine with having to walk.

And btw...does anyone know if we get an EMB for doing just the brasilis dungeon mobs(piranha/iara)? I got an EMB for doing the field mobs only.

The culture town fields are stupidly close to the towns. I'd be facepalming hard if they had a warp option for those.

I was told they wanted to keep the warp option as a VIP perk. Not much of a perk if non-VIPs can get around it with warp slaves on alt accounts. I proposed the idea of VIPs earning more EMBs instead of a warp option, but I haven't heard anything about it.

I heard that the Piranha and Iara quests are bugged, so you'll have to wait and see if those get fixed.

#215 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:15 PM

Want to get a bit of role-playing in the Bounty Boards so here's my new proposed menu for the boards:

Xm9m7rH.png

#216 Newkami

Newkami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

Why I can´t take quests with a char of lvl 100?  :sob:

#217 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:28 PM

Which ones are you trying to take?

I can take brasilis (and I would assume juno too considering its a similar level, though I havn't tried yet) on my 150.

Edited by Tkwan, 30 July 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#218 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

Concerning the EXP rewards for the boards, Oda has this to say:

We are still in process of clearing out our backlog of issues and the board exp rewards are on that list.

So it'll be a while before the Bounty Boards will have their EXP reevaluated, unfortunately.

#219 BigDawg69

BigDawg69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:31 AM

What are the bounty board available for 100-125? PM me here please as i dont check thix thread regularly

#220 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:41 AM

Why I can´t take quests with a char of lvl 100?  :sob:

What are the bounty board available for 100-125? PM me here please as i dont check thix thread regularly

The only level limits that should be in place are max Level 69 for Low Level Bounty Boards and Level 70+ for High Level Bounty Boards. I dunno why there's a cut-off at Level 100 if there is one.

Monster suggestions are on this page

Current High Level Boards in place are Juno, Splendide, and Brasilis. The only Low Level Board is Payon.

#221 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:41 PM

The only level limits that should be in place are max Level 69 for Low Level Bounty Boards and Level 70+ for High Level Bounty Boards. I dunno why there's a cut-off at Level 100 if there is one.

Monster suggestions are on this page

Current High Level Boards in place are Juno, Splendide, and Brasilis. The only Low Level Board is Payon.

Isn't the splendide one having Lv100 cut off? My friend and I went to the new world at RM and saw a bounty board. It says it only offers quest for lv above100. We are lv100 and cant take any quest.
Bugged? Where is the splendid board?

#222 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

Isn't the splendide one having Lv100 cut off? My friend and I went to the new world at RM and saw a bounty board. It says it only offers quest for lv above100. We are lv100 and cant take any quest.
Bugged? Where is the splendid board?

"Splendide" board was moved to the Midgard Camp because the iRO team felt that getting to Splendide and Munak was too confusing. Nevermind the fact you need to pass by those towns to get to the other Ash Vacuum towns in which future Bounty Boards will be located in their respective towns. :U

#223 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:04 AM

the juno board says lvl 70-100, but i can't take it on a lvl 100 char

#224 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:26 AM

I'll bring up the Level 100 cut-off with the iRO team.

#225 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:06 AM

Why is the Payon Bounty Board Experience for Elder Willows almost twice that of Greatest Generals?

Elder Willow

Base 111,150 Job 125,100

Greatest General

Base 59,625 Job 67,050

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users