Classic: Patch notes for June 4th 2014 - Page 8 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic: Patch notes for June 4th 2014

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#176 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic & Valkyrie

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

iRO 2014

96948_story__Forever%20alone%201.jpg

#177 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:20 PM

Ermagerd High Orcs is absolutely amazing with the stacked Spotlight and Anniversary. 12k exp per kill @_@

Btw they aren't listed as an affected monster on the Spotlight list, though they still are.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 04 June 2014 - 07:35 PM.

#178 Flack

Flack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:34 PM

The server that hosts

Ayothaya

Seems to have much worse lag than your other servers.  Please take a look at it and see if there's anything you can do to clean it up.

#179 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:25 PM

they should just put supplies in BG, that way instead of wasting countless hr in gd, we can waste countless hr in bg pvping all day!

#180 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:30 PM

they should just put supplies in BG, that way instead of wasting countless hr in gd, we can waste countless hr in bg pvping all day!

Do that and Classic will just be a WoE playground, with players logging in to pull alts through BG to self-supply or to MVP on timers. And that's it.

Don't make this a pserver.

#181 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:37 PM

Need zeny infusion in the market. EVERYONE IS BROKE. No ones buying crap . HALP

#182 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:19 PM

that is why pserver is more alive than iRO classic, they have a woe based BG that lets u supply urself/guild, during BG is also a good practice to group up/know ur flagins/grouping up and some basic gvg crap. pvp is so dead, no1 pvm unless they have to or wanted to, most of people log ons for woe anyways

#183 Eminence

Eminence

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:52 PM

Yeah, speaking of miracles! Xellie and I were on the same map for over an hour. Nothing exploded and nobody died. The magic of dragons~

That was one of the many valuable things I learned at dragons.

Unlike certain people I don't pretend to be a girl on the internet  :p_angel:

About the supply boxes if the drop rate was increased 20% I would not farm twice as long, but just as many as the guild needed so I and many other can enjoy the rest of the game with whatever time left we have that week to play; it's important to keep events like these in in order to encourage party play, which is what mmo's are all about.

#184 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:32 PM

There's a reason pservers have, on average, the lifespan of a butterfly. They trivialise and ignore 90% of the game to facilitate the 10% they believe is the only reason to play. They ignore the "MMO" and attempt to make it a "MOBA", and RO isn't designed to function as a dedicated battle arena. One of the reasons WoE is so much fun is because we're not saturated with it daily and because it's an outlet after work done to supply yourself and your guild.

And if all people wanted was WoE, the Abyss Turn Ins wouldn't be as successful as they are.

Go play on Sakray if all you want is unbalanced PvP and insta-capping.

#185 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:39 AM

pls oda camp pls

#freecyber

#186 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:58 AM

There's a reason pservers have, on average, the lifespan of a butterfly. They trivialise and ignore 90% of the game to facilitate the 10% they believe is the only reason to play. They ignore the "MMO" and attempt to make it a "MOBA", and RO isn't designed to function as a dedicated battle arena. One of the reasons WoE is so much fun is because we're not saturated with it daily and because it's an outlet after work done to supply yourself and your guild.

And if all people wanted was WoE, the Abyss Turn Ins wouldn't be as successful as they are.

Go play on Sakray if all you want is unbalanced PvP and insta-capping.

damn when there was dragon i was lucky to find ONE party. the reason why iRO doesnt have the lifespan of a butterfly is because most of the players in renewal are tryhard pay2win with their HD ores. the only reason WHY classic is still alive is because woe players are still woeing to have fun which requires hunting guild boxes, because it is the only source of fun right now in this game. bringing a pserver type of BG, MIGHT bring the fun to other people which will prolly make the server just a wittle bit more alive outside of woe. and i dont see playing a pserver BG with WOE mechanics is unbalanced.

i wonder what will happen if SNL and WC decided to ally up and farm the server. will people pvm more? as the game is designed to do, or just ragequit uninstall?

Edited by ElenaGilbert, 05 June 2014 - 04:04 AM.

#187 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:05 AM

damn when there was dragon i was lucky to find ONE party. the reason why iRO doesnt have the lifespan of a butterfly is because most of the players in renewal are tryhard pay2win with their HD ores. the only reason WHY classic is still alive is because woe players are still woeing to have fun, because it is the only source of fun right now in this game. bringing a pserver type of BG, MIGHT bring the fun to other people which will prolly make the server just a wittle bit more alive outside of woe. and i dont see playing a pserver BG with WOE mechanics is unbalanced.

If you think WoE is the only source of fun in this game, maybe you need to adjust your perspective.

#188 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:49 AM

No, USRC is fun too, but because of him we can't have that.

And yet he's still allowed to play and cyber isn't. Makes perfect sense.

#189 stockings

stockings

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:45 AM

Ermagerd High Orcs is absolutely amazing with the stacked Spotlight and Anniversary. 12k exp per kill @_@

Btw they aren't listed as an affected monster on the Spotlight list, though they still are.

It's not, i checked it 3 times now. Classic seems to have a default 1.5x Exp (you can check that on various mobs).

Before spotlight hit 'Geffen' i gained like ~8k from HOs with VIP. Now its 12k because of the global exp boost.

3618 x 1.5 (Default) x 1.5 (VIP) x 1.5 (Event) = 12210

I did Thors today and its the same sheme e.g. Kasas

49000 x 1.5 (Default) x 1.5 (VIP) x 1.5 (Event) x 1.1 (Shoes) = 181912 (thats exactly what i get)

#190 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:46 AM

I apologize if we are not able to quickly respond to your question, you had asked it during our weekend so I had not spotted it until today. Having checked the drop table for the ghost incarnation it IS in the drops, but it drops at card rate. 

dring was never a card rate drop afaik

was .04 or .05 on 1x rates?

What is card rate on this server with VIP btw? .04?

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 05 June 2014 - 11:42 AM.

#191 orlibe

orlibe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:02 AM

It's not, i checked it 3 times now. Classic seems to have a default 1.5x Exp (you can check that on various mobs).
Before spotlight hit 'Geffen' i gained like ~8k from HOs with VIP. Now its 12k because of the global exp boost.

3618 x 1.5 (Default) x 1.5 (VIP) x 1.5 (Event) = 12210

I did Thors today and its the same sheme e.g. Kasas

49000 x 1.5 (Default) x 1.5 (VIP) x 1.5 (Event) x 1.1 (Shoes) = 181912 (thats exactly what i get)

yup hos and archers (still) arent in the spotlight. i thought the gms were about to fix this, days ago.

#192 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:06 PM

Add Panacea and Empty bottles to the new speed pot vendor.

#193 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

http://forums.warppo...ntenance-notes/

#194 Flack

Flack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

Hate to say I'll agree with something Xellie said but I'd be ok with you adding supply boxes to the DG Monster drop table.  If they have 8 slots already filled take out cyfars and brigan respectively.

#195 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:39 PM

No, USRC is fun too, but because of him we can't have that.

And yet he's still allowed to play and cyber isn't. Makes perfect sense.

he can stil make a new account like i did on my sniper account, noone says he is "not allowed" to play. the account that i abbuse got banned and i deserve that. cyber also used all his acc and all got banned so i dont see why it doesnt make sense!

#196 WickedElbow

WickedElbow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:11 AM

that is why pserver is more alive than iRO classic, they have a woe based BG that lets u supply urself/guild, during BG is also a good practice to group up/know ur flagins/grouping up and some basic gvg crap. pvp is so dead, no1 pvm unless they have to or wanted to, most of people log ons for woe anyways

+1.

The best thing about a pserver is that the players actually play in BG. There's no fun in farming/alts...

Maybe if we could get a different style of BG, like:

Rush - A team has to break the fort and hold it for 5min.

Conquest - A team has to break the other team's fort. (5min limit)

Deathmatch - Team X Team (5min limit)

I agree that woe should be the best way to have fun, but that doesn't mean we can't have fun somewhere else...

#197 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:55 AM

anything with rewards that a small number of players can control will be farmed =/

#198 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:35 AM

is because bg is boring right now and it is easily farmed, if it was like pserv style bg maybe ppl will play bg

#199 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:47 AM

bg needs to be scheduled, or people will just farm it in off time, no matter HOW its set up.

Do not underestimate the willingness of iRO to avoid combat.

#200 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:58 AM

Do not underestimate the willingness of iRO to avoid combat.

lol so true.

In BG eariler, I was continually getting SB'd by this Sin while I was on my Permaswordie, but whenever someone else (someone that wasn't a 1st class) challenged him, he cloaked and ran off.

Btw pserver BG is still farmed. In fact, due to their scripting freedom they sometimes attempt to hack in anti-alting measures, which results in a deserted queue since nobody wants to fight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users