Classic: Patch notes for June 4th 2014 - Page 9 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic: Patch notes for June 4th 2014

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#201 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:34 AM

no offense but all the people complaining about BG farming being boring, I see what you are saying but....

just because you are done with the farming on your characters and want something else to do, you want the game logic to change to suit your needs, regardless of how it affects new players/players that dont want to waste supplies/time getting stuff ? If you want a fight, tierra is still always open for brawls, leave flavius alone.. just saying.

#202 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Classic & Valkyrie

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:02 AM

Btw pserver BG is still farmed. In fact, due to their scripting freedom they sometimes attempt to hack in anti-alting measures, which results in a deserted queue since nobody wants to fight.

It depends on the type of servers. Any WoE oriented server supplied by Battlegrounds rewards will have an healthy BG where you actually fight, but only few hours a day. A PvM server crowded by "Pronterianos" speaking all day about how kawaïïïu the Tucano Hat is compared to Neko Neko Kitsune Hat will have a deserted BG...

The problem is that iRO Classic is currently half way between these two kinds of servers. 

WoE is a massive Zeny and item sink, ask any guild leader...If you supply the WoE through BG rewards, all the PvM content becomes instantly useless, the economy will fall, PvMers will leave and you will have a dead server except for few hours a day in Battlegrounds + WoE. (and trust me, even with randomized Hell Inferno/Conquest/TDM/CTF/Rush it rapidly become repetitive and boring, you end up having tons of supplies to untill the server dies and you log only for WoE.

On the other side, if you want to keep the PvM interesting and rewarding, you must find the perfect drop rates for WoE-needed items. If the rate is too low, people will quit or bot, (< the current situation), If the rate is too high, people will stock up infinite piles of WoE supplies and quit playing PvM untill next year.

I have no wizardry to tell you what should be the "perfect drop rate", but in any case, you have to keep the WoE loots far from the reach of botters.  Guild Dungeon restriction seems to be a good way, but it also exclude a lot of people (PvMers) who could be involved in the economy. BG blue pots + Having loots in Bio 3 (high level monster = not bottable) is a good idea aswell but it seems rates aren't that good (I never went there so I trust people's feedback...)

In my humble opinion, Admins are going in the good direction by increasing the Guild Supply Box rate, keeping them away from botters and creating an incentive to run BG (blue pots), but it's not enough to keep everybody happy and the server alive.

Currently, top guild supplies their players with the strict minimal amount of items needed for WoE (slims, blues, few speed pots, bombs, coat)

And i've heard smaller guilds don't even supply glistening coats or stat foods...

Reaching the minimal amount of supplies needed for WoE shouldn't be that hard and involve so much work for few individuals. 

Aside from the "drop rate issue" there is another way to increase PvM activity. We need more different items! On pserver, you usually use a lot more items (in both quantity and diversity). Here is a list of items which are NOT USED AT ALL on iRO. Look at ragial prices for a single BoSunlight or even a BoGloom, that's ridiculous...

Spoiler

These items could be added into the server economy. Again , it should be in non-bottable dungeons like Geffenia or Dimensional Gorge, Ice Dungeon 3...  

TL;DR

Increase WoE supplies drop rate and add new WoE friendly items to the economy. 

#203 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

no offense but all the people complaining about BG farming being boring, I see what you are saying but....

just because you are done with the farming on your characters and want something else to do, you want the game logic to change to suit your needs, regardless of how it affects new players/players that dont want to waste supplies/time getting stuff ? If you want a fight, tierra is still always open for brawls, leave flavius alone.. just saying.

I'm not even close to done farming, I have plenty of characters I could still be getting badges for. But I've only gone to do Flavius twice since people started only farming it. First was boring as hell just stood around doing nothing and the next time they started without a wizard and it took like 20 minutes. Then I just never went back.

If we moved back to Tierra I'd be in there several times a week, its much more fun to do. The rewards just dont match up well enough I guess.

Also I'm glad to see the changes to Satan Morroc stopped him from being killed solo and prevented people from being able to portal fist him, good job guys! It's great to see everyone getting in there and comping each other with their groups and everything.

#204 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:01 PM

The same people would be killing it anyway - See: what happened at mama valk

#205 WickedElbow

WickedElbow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:31 PM

GMs SHOULD look at this: http://forums.warppo...nking-out-loud/

#206 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:51 PM

on pservers you're not allowed to dual client BG, you get reported and temp banned

successful pservers have active rule enforcement

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 06 June 2014 - 01:52 PM.

#207 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:19 AM

For BG, we need:

-Badges awarded by time in BG (rate decreases over time/not linear)

-Free supplies only usable in BG (limited supplies)

-Randomized teams (This could mess with a group's party setup, but stops the separation of alts and mains. Hard decision to make)

-People willing to fight

-Tierra gorge badges increase (It should be a little bit faster than flavius, 12-16 win/6-8 loss seems reasonable.)

Edited by squirreI, 07 June 2014 - 09:23 AM.

#208 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:43 AM

1. More BG rewards that can only be used in BG/WoE (i think only consumables can have these restrictions?). Just blue pots alone increased BG activity significantly, why stop there?

- +10 foods

- speed pots

- poison bottles

- box of gloom/resentment, etc. 

- modify the white pots maybe? no one gets those

2. Server-wide announcement when a BG starts (reduces farming potential)

3. Randomized teams (reduces farming potential)

4. Take delay off Tierra? I think there is one if you win too fast, not sure.

5. I would say take out Flavius completely and increase Tierra rewards. The game play and objectives in Flavius only encourage farming lol.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 07 June 2014 - 09:46 AM.

#209 EtNox

EtNox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Server:euRo -> fRo -> Classic

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:04 PM

Why can't we just keep Flavius as a farming spot? There are several people I know why are not interested in PvP or WoE at all, still BG-Rewards are way too good to ignore or you can't replace them at all.

Whatever stuff you want to do - do it to Tierra, but keep Flavius as it is.

#210 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

if you don't want to pvp you shouldn't get pvp rewards lol

#211 aulbath

aulbath

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

Just remove flavius.....Increase the badges for Tierra, since the teams are mixed, theres no 100% side winning team and afk team, like flavius.

Make something like, if u dont do dmg, you dont move for 1 min, you get no badges, a way to repor afk's and bann em for 1 hour or days. new gears(seasonal gear perhaps), so ppl that alrdy have all the pvp set will have to pvp in bg again.

For pvp rooms , make a NPC resser inside the rooms, maybe a Safe area, when you ress you have 10 sec to move  or you get teleported to a random spot in the same map , for avoid camping, when ppl dies many times they dont comeback, its anoying warping to bg room/instance for heal, then warping out , then again for enter pre pvp room. and warping again for the pvp room. thats annoying and slow, it kills the adrenalive of going there for vengance/fun.

#212 papu888

papu888

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Classic - Loki

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:41 PM

1. More BG rewards that can only be used in BG/WoE (i think only consumables can have these restrictions?). Just blue pots alone increased BG activity significantly, why stop there?

- +10 foods

- speed pots

- poison bottles

- box of gloom/resentment, etc. 

- modify the white pots maybe? no one gets those

2. Server-wide announcement when a BG starts (reduces farming potential)

3. Randomized teams (reduces farming potential)

4. Take delay off Tierra? I think there is one if you win too fast, not sure.

5. I would say take out Flavius completely and increase Tierra rewards. The game play and objectives in Flavius only encourage farming lol.

I agree with number 5. 

#213 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:08 PM

Why can't we just keep Flavius as a farming spot? There are several people I know why are not interested in PvP or WoE at all, still BG-Rewards are way too good to ignore or you can't replace them at all.

Whatever stuff you want to do - do it to Tierra, but keep Flavius as it is.

Because they're not meant to be farmed? Lol.

#214 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

Remove flavius and increase tierra's rewards.

#215 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:51 PM

Bg should be farmable. People put in the work to organize and run farmed bg.

Edit: even in the past when it was just tg and random sides... It was still farmed or very very annoying to get a bunch of alt/afk characters on your team.

Wana fight go tg
Wana farm go Flav

Keep both options

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 07 June 2014 - 03:53 PM.

#216 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:11 PM

Bg should be farmable. People put in the work to organize and run farmed bg.

Edit: even in the past when it was just tg and random sides... It was still farmed or very very annoying to get a bunch of alt/afk characters on your team.

Wana fight go tg
Wana farm go Flav

Keep both options

Why should it be in the game to farm? That makes no sense lol.

#217 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:12 PM

If it was supposed to be farmed, wouldn't it just be vs npcs? lol....

#218 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:27 PM

bg sucks ... if it's not being farmed ... a lot more people will be complaining about time spent on collecting badges ... 

put in pserver bg and people will actually want to do bg ... =

Edited by heyxsean, 07 June 2014 - 09:29 PM.

#219 EtNox

EtNox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Server:euRo -> fRo -> Classic

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:43 AM

Why should it be in the game to farm? That makes no sense lol.

Why do you want pserver BG on an official server? That makes no sense lol.

If people want to farm, let them farm. Both BGs are way too random to get "proper fights" up, and people hate wasting time.

I know that some guys think "but pvp is liek teh pinnacle of fun for every1 I know!!" - to keep it simple: It's not. Not for everyone.

I know several people which are not interested in PvP or WoE at all and they'd be fine with including Badges in Groove Packs or Lucky Boxes. Including them would instantly kill BG as it is right now though.

You always have to watch at both sides, which is why pservers fail hard on average - one sided crap which gets boring way too fast.

#220 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:43 AM

I don't know what is fun about rigging a fight

#221 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:54 AM

BGs weren't made to be farmed, but I don't see the problem with people farming it.

It's kind of counter productive if you're there to get supplies and end up wasting more than you use when people force a 30 minute stalemate.

When was the last time you've been in Flavius and been like "DAMN THAT WAS A GOOD FIGHT!" I have never felt fulfilled in Flavius, but Tierra is pretty damn fun.

#222 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:56 AM

When I stood on the platform with my scholar and ME'd the guardians with gtb on.

THAT was a good fight

#223 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:02 AM

lol that's just being an ass. I'm sure most people have been that guy before.

BGs were made for active servers where people need to continue to gear alts and have fun.

Like Aaron said, I think Tierra is a good middle ground. At least try it for a while with boosted rewards.

#224 Dokey

Dokey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Server:ReStart

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:06 AM

I actually enjoy Flavius (when there's a wizard somewhere). It'd be cool if it was just one round, though.

#225 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:15 AM

The argument of wasting time is solved by implementing a change in badges over time. And the argument that that would just make people wait it out is solved by a decreasing rate of badges. Question is can it be implemented?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users