The pros and cons of cleric - we want your opinion - Muse Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The pros and cons of cleric - we want your opinion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:29 AM

We are the cleric class representatives.  Part of our job is to find out what the community of clerics thinks about the class, the pros and cons, and help get a consensus of things that need improvement, the future of the cleric, etc.  Along those lines we have some questions to get us started.  Please give constructive comments and help us make the cleric (battle, full support, or a mix of the two) the best it can be.

1. What type of cleric do you play the most?

2. What do you like best about playing a cleric?  

3. What are some of the pros of the class as it is today?

4. What are some of the negatives of the class as it is today?

#2 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:17 AM

Well that didn't work.  Should I post this in the main forums?

#3 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:45 AM

Lemme just answer your questions above first. :rice:

My main character & the most-played type is Full Support Cleric.

Specifically about FS, I like their heals & purify.

Pros: Clerics (FS) still play such an important role in ROSE, no matter PvM or PvP, leveling or farming, thanks to their buffs/heals everything will be much easier and faster. :heh: Although everything's still possible without clerics.

Battle Cleric: Although I don't play BC much as FS but most of my farming lowbies are BC thanks to their magic damage & speed. Good survivability thanks to magic tool passive as well. :)

I've already got familiar with the negative nerfs on FS's buffs and I feel fine. But the game would be pretty fun if they Movement Speed buff is recovered to normal state.

And, erm, FS skills seem to take a lot of skill points so they don't really have good survival mechanism due to lack of SPs. But I still am happy with them because with decent gears + heals they still survive better than my bourgs. :sob:

#4 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:29 AM

1. I play both BC and FS, but FS more because it is more useful.

2. Being a tank that can die (I'm looking at you, knights), being able to bully (both with BC and with buffs/heals/puri)

3. FS: Important role, good amount of tankiness and squishiness that you can alter with build choice, has some skill build variety

BC: Strong attack in both PvP and PvM, tanky

4. FS: Boring to play and takes very little skill, only a tiny bit of "common sense" (i.e. don't go around tossing the biggest heals as soon as the CD finishes on the next person you can heal when he is at 95%hp). Too easy to be "useful" by just spamming skills/flames. Self MSPD buff is way too small, even when putting on a couple of ms pieces that decrease tankiness, so it isn't even just "hard" to heal people far away due to being bad at moving around; it is only "hard" because you can't reach anyone in time. "Mid, don't go too far from cleric!"

BC: Also pretty boring to play because you spam: target enemy, attack enemy, voltage storm, and voltage jolt. Also spam AOE Puri. There is the occasional skill of muting one cleric/person and stunning the other cleric/person, and maybe Purifying a Cold Snapped person that can't run away, but not really. You just do melee attacks and let it rip. And nobody hits you because you are tanky, so they rather just kill the easy squishies over and over again, or attempt to and get lots of dmg inflict.

Both do not have enough skill choice. I want an FS to be able to focus on more HoT heals, or more Instant heals, or a hybrid of the two. Maybe an FS that summons "heal-type summons" that you can set focus on one player, with different summons healing different amounts either instantly or HoT-like. These would be monsters/summons that follow a player around, not like possible healing gadgets or whatever that the Artis might get. An FS that relies more on chance of CCs or something else instead of either being: tanky or not tanky and rely on self-heals. FS currently only has three build choices: tanky with book and no flames; not so tanky with book and flames; shield with flames and maybe aoe sleep or aoe stun or mana shield or whatever else a cleric could want.

BC you literally sit around doing nothing. It's like how the Katars were before their recent aspd/accu+cleric aspd nerf. Sure, the aspd buff nerf also hurt BCs, but not very much. Can't get enough ASPD to kill someone before they run away? Spam stun them.

#5 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:22 AM

We are the cleric class representatives.  Part of our job is to find out what the community of clerics thinks about the class, the pros and cons, and help get a consensus of things that need improvement, the future of the cleric, etc.  Along those lines we have some questions to get us started.  Please give constructive comments and help us make the cleric (battle, full support, or a mix of the two) the best it can be.

1. i play fs

2. helping new/ old players with lvling and giving buffs to make them survive longer. also i like to heal at cd and dungeons!

3. that my buffs can make low lvl chars survive mobs they otherwise needed a party with.

4. our buffs will get less needed cos of those self buffs and i think that's a shame, cos clerics are the once who should buff and heal in a party/ group. also i hate that ppl command me to buff them, makes me feel like a slave and i am not. so a pls would be nice ;)

Edited by angeltje, 06 June 2014 - 12:42 AM.

#6 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:16 AM

I will answer my own questions:

I play FS cleric now but had my cleric built as a hybrid kind of previously. 

I have always enjoyed being able to help the team.  I loved standing outside of JCF and buffing everyone that was going in to war or level.  I like helping noobs and I really like to support the team in dungeons and CD.

I feel that the clerics have really improved as far as more skills and more ways to gain defensive builds/gear.  I like that people can choose between BC and FS cleric and that the BC is a viable option once again.  We are still in demand as a helper from PVM and PVP.

I think the cleric is in pretty good shape at the moment.  There are of course things that I would love to add or change, but overall balance I think they are ok.  I would like to see more options for the cleric in builds than having to be FS or BC.  A decent hybrid would be cool too.

I understand the game Devs idea to have more classes then just the clerics for the party or team and I agree with party/self buffs for the other classes. As much as I like people having to depend on the cleric and therefore always wanting one on the team, I also understand the idea of not having all classes depend on one class for support.  I would even be willing to give up some of our buffs as long as we got something interesting instead of the buffs.  I can see the cleric having some buffs like int, all stats, increase MP and the other classes have party buffs, but if that happens the cleric will be boring as hell to play.  Other skills will have to be added in their place in my opinion.  I know we would still have heals and I am expecting more HOT skills, etc.  but just running around healing in places like dungeons and farming or leveling would be horribly boring.  I like Nifa's idea of a healing summons.  Guess people would figure out who the cleric's "favorite" is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users