Upcoming Skill Changes(Pt. 5); Rogue, Shadow Runner, and Assassin - Page 2 - Kruxena Shadows - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Upcoming Skill Changes(Pt. 5); Rogue, Shadow Runner, and Assassin

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#26 jebac098

jebac098

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:22 AM

You need to reduce all skill of sin slow,SW stun come on.......you can only QQ about other class but when we come to your class you wonna make it more powerfull.......nice1 lol

#27 Jabrody

Jabrody

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:26 AM

Sandyman are you facking idiot or what ht 5 sec you wonna make this class more powerfull and they are now OP lol

Oh, did you read the part where he mentioned Brutal Scud would be changed to a 1 second stun? If no, it's an interesting tradeoff to say the least.

#28 jebac098

jebac098

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:27 AM

Yeah right they will reduce scud to 1 sec lol

#29 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:43 AM

oh gee* 

you know ... once upon a Time, Sandy even suggested a Full NM Map...

that must have sound even more crazy for you ^^back then...

anyway

its not only a reduce on B-Scud but why should i even bother explaining - if People so short on concentration.

i rather eat randy...

#30 Spud

Spud

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:44 AM

i just think they should lower a bit the stunduration or let them sometimes miss.

This is something that should be looked at for the game mechanic as a whole. Let the damage on a stun take effect but make a seperate chance for the stun landing as well. This can also include when someone accidentally stacks a stun. Currently the new stun won't take effect but the damage will still miss, I think it would be cool to see the damage still take effect in that case.

And yes I also do agree from both the perspective of having played sin/SR at multiple FOC brackets and being relentlessly picked off by sins; sins and SRs are pretty fair game for what their intent is, maybe jack up the DoTs on sins to make them worth investing skill points.

Also for the longest time theres been Potens Explosive Hacking as dna yet it increases damage...so GMs might want to look into fixing that text ^.^

#31 zombi3

zombi3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:50 AM

lol i think HT is fine as it is, scud could use a longer cooldown though, to prevent scud/restealth etc, it's pretty lame when sins do this, same for SR with Explosive Arrow, Retreat should only go up to level 5, as well with 10 DNA to prevent sins from getting away from most classes.(maybe a slightly longer cooldown by 1 sec)

Sword Aura Of Darkness has 10% Chance to cause stun to enemy when being used on opponent of same level(this skill is never used, this would make it more appealing).

new Assassin

Smoke Bomb: PvP Only, causes blindness(enemie's screen will turn white temporarily only enemies affected I.E opponent team in battlefield, or Duel opponent/PK targets)in 10 Meter Range for 3 seconds, to allow allies to escape(range  & time increase per level). Cooldown time 3 minutes.

#32 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:17 AM

SR could use another AOE.... Perhaps making Paralyzed Nerves an AOE....

#33 SidZSpY

SidZSpY

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Server:Hammarine

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:01 AM

KruxenaAssassin01.png

Assassins always get their targets with their swift advances and quick movements. They can use various weapons, and are particularly skilled at using poison that can speedily inflict lethal damage. An Assassin's arrogance occasionally gives enemies an opening to attack him from a distance.

Assassins usually use dual weapons for short range combat and crossbows for long range combat. They are skilled at striking their enemies first, and pursuing them to finish them off. Their hiding skills can also be used to cause great damage to distracted enemies.

Assassins are by design and will remain what they are meant to be... killers.

My suggestion for Skill Changes to the class;

Rogue_Quick_Attack.gif  Quick Attack - Reduce duration to 30 seconds. 20 second cooldown. Remove DNA.

Rogue_Fortitude.gif  Fortitude - Reduce duration to 30 seconds. seconds. 20 second cooldown.

Assassin_Brutal_Scud.gif Brutal Scud - 5-6 second Stun.  15 second cooldown.

Rogue_Home_Thrust.gif Home Thrust - 2 Second Stun - 5.5 second cooldown

Rogue_Sword_Aura_of_Darkness.gif Sword Aura of Darkness -

Current Description; Slash an enemy twice to inflict damage.

New; Slash an enemy twice to inflict damage and interupt their current action.

- I would like to introduce the function of interruption. As the name suggest, it will interrupt a skill in cast and make it cooldown.

Rogue_Raid.gif Raid -   This is currently useless, and far from doing " large amounts of damage "

Current Description; Attack an enemy from behind to inflict large amounts of damage.

New; Attack an enemy from behind to inflict large amounts of damage. Damage +50%. Target must be under 50% or this skill misses.

Alternative ; Attack an enemy from behind to inflict large amounts of damage. Inflict + 35% damage if target is under 50% HP, + 70% damage if under 25% HP. If Target is above 50% HP, this skill misses.

Rogue_Excessive_Bleeding.gif Excessive Bleeding -

Current Description; Perform a spinning attack with your weapon to inflict damage and continuous damage.

New; Perform an attack with your weapon to inflict damage, and decreased healing efficiency.

Mod; Reduced benefit from heal effects. 3% - 30%

Heals have an extremely powerful effect on the battlefield, a skill like this is necessary to call spikes on high-HP and key targets down. Note: HoT not affected.

Rogue_Lightning_Speed.gif Lightning Speed -

Current Description; Swing a Short Range Weapon in a wide horizontal arc to strike multiple enemies.

New; Swing a Short Range Weapon in wide horizontal arc to disorient your target from casting spells briefly.

Mod; Damage, 2 second hush, suggest 10 second cooldown

Rogue_Breaking_Pieces.gif Breaking Pieces -

Current description; Perform a spinning slash with a sword to strike multiple enemies.

New;  Perform a spinning slash to blind your target from succeeding melee attacks briefly.

Mod; damage, 2 second attack disable, suggest 10 second cooldown

" [Assassins] are particularly skilled at using poison that can speedily inflict lethal damage. " I believe this is not the case, I suggest the following.

Rogue_Infection.gif Infection -   6 second - > 4 second cooldown

Half Duration, Double DoT damage potential

Assassin_Spinning_Edge.gif Spinning Edge - 19.2 seconds -> 9 seconds
Half duration, double DoT damage potential

Start with low DoT and increase exponentially towards 10.

Rogue_Blinding_Attack_2.gif Blinding Attack - 

currently;   15 sec + 25 second DNA   

New; 10 second + 10 second DNA

Assassin_Stealing_Weapon.gif Stealing Weapon - 

Current; Remove the target's weapon attack power for a duration.

New; remove  4-40% Physical / Magic damage. Effect on possession beast damage.

Duration; new; 10 + 10 seconds. Suggest 25 second cooldown.

Updated.

This

#34 Spyclop

Spyclop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Server:The one under a bridge.

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:39 PM

Rogue:

Seems alright the way it is.

Shadow Runner:

Needs some better crossbow skills. I mean all they do is Explsive Arrow and Poison Arrow, then run away. It would be good to have some 15 meter instant cast skills to get them more involved but prevent it from becoming a snipe and run class.

Assasin:

Brutal Scud and Stealing Weapon are OP. Nerf them and all the other classes will get more action. ;D

#35 DarkJackal

DarkJackal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:59 PM

I dunno the individual skills, but from my experience with them. Stuns are way too long, and buff removal is a bit ridiculous. They should only be able to remove 1-2 buffs. Stun shouldn't be longer than 3 seconds.

A dps class shouldn't have debuffs and stuns like that. Those should be used for classes that need them, ones without such damage. They already have dashing to catch up/escape, and stealth + damage, i think they would be fine without the other stuff.

#36 Skid

Skid

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts
  • Server:Warframe/Smite

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:23 PM

This is from MMO which is released 11 YEARS ago:

Screenshot_2_zpsa765f260.jpg

IMO any support class should have this kind of buffs, to avoid the stun and debuff QQ !

#37 SidZSpY

SidZSpY

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Server:Hammarine

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:56 PM

In short

Rogue: Add duration to Stealth

Assassin:

Binding Attack,Stealing Weapon: Reduce duration of debuff

Shadow Runner:

Trap of silence - Fix the tick duration from 10second~4 seconds or something

Sniping - Increase range from 10m~15 or 20m

OFFTOPIC

I believe all transformation should have limited duration like, this is the only mmorpg in which stealth has no duration

Doomguard,Inferno and stealth 

Edited by SidZSpY, 06 June 2014 - 11:59 PM.

#38 Unbound

Unbound

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:03 AM

I speak of battlefields when I say that Assassin being a PvP class should not limit it to 1 vs 1 fighting ability !  All these blind people of course QQing for nerfs while Assassin has one of the worst scores on Battlefields.   All QQ about scud, but in reality if a second player jumps in and interrupts that scud ( all the time on battlefields ), what is there left for most Assassins to do? dash away?, if they even can... Many common skills are extremely overpowering to this class ( casters with sleep, Terms of Service, shadow bind, Chaos totem, these are how many seconds ??  Lets make all these 2 second duration, ok ?!  ).  See? you hypocrites!  People QQ stealth duration; so many DoTs and effects last more than 30 seconds, locking us out of our main combo and ability. Scud nerf ?  This class needs tactical balancing to make it more difficult to use ( I suggested short duration buffs), everybody say no nerfs before this thread, lol, cool story. You better strengthen this class. I'm seeing here on forums new people angry at Sins for like killing them once or twice when they was all alone, they don't play it or realize the class currently sucks at everything else. Ever tried leveling up and farming with a Sin ? Good luck !  Its glass-cannon killer and you all QQ to remove its damage and abilities to kill ! The real problem with Assassin is that they use very few skills and have an automatic way of killing rather than a tactical and skill-based one, and you want them using even less ?  Need changes to skill-combos, nerfing would literally make this class useless. Instead, would be nice to see battlefield-friendly abilities such as the new " Excessive Bleeding " I suggested to make the class more calculated rather than automated.

#39 warjat69

warjat69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:somewhere over the raibow

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:41 AM

Indeed. Ppl crying about sin stuns are just pathetic...templar sleep, defiler Terms of Service, druid stun - all of them are multitarget, perma charge>terror combo for warriors but ofc ppl QQ about sins which are -_- in 80% battlefields couse of 5643573 aoe walls, totems and other -_-s (and ofc all enemys focus on you if you arnt in stealth). Also want to noticed - sin is the only class which dont have pure DPS set with STR/CAD per reinforce and if you want play this way you need to use 67lv armor and its a joke like for me. Devs should add new set with this stats or if they are lazy (we know they are) they should change SCAD for CAD in Explosive set. 

There is just one skill which should be nerf in sin- duration of SW it should be max 30 sec or even less. All skills with so long durations (in other classes also)should be nerfed not just SW.

In SR skills i would like to change EA dot duration or/and cooldown on this skill. Dot is really too long.

#40 Unbound

Unbound

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:55 AM

#41 Chr0nic

Chr0nic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:05 AM

every class needs to be compared with Commander and Druid since they are the best classes in the game and be improved to balance with them

#42 kenkayo

kenkayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:24 AM

I agree on lowering the stuns it's too long, also make Soccer Kick removed 5 buffs only, 10 Skill buffs being removed is too much!

#43 Vulcano

Vulcano

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3907 posts
  • LocationPortugal
  • Server:Nova/trifrri server

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:31 AM

reduce the time of SW  our reduce 50% of weapon dmg 

#44 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:09 PM

If anything, I would like to see that a Stealthed character (who buffs or is buffed) flashes for a second....  I.E. buffing while in "stealth" mode should be a bad thing...  Remember its called Stealth, not INVISIBILITY...  

#45 MacMad

MacMad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:07 PM

i would like to see stealth with a movement range, i.E. after moving x hundred meters in stealth ull be automatically unstealthed. after being unstealthed give like 3 sec cd till u can stealth again

atleast then u know if the sin is still nearby, or miles away + sins have to plan their movement more properly while being stealthed  :ph34r:

#46 BioElesis

BioElesis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationDominican Republic
  • Server:Triffi

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:00 AM

In my Opinión, SR have too many xbow skills that we never even touch because all of them have 1sec cast.

Instant Accel: Useless (accuracy dosn't work) make it speed attack max lvl 5.

Paralize Nerves: Should be a meele attack not range plus instant cast.

Double Ganger: Should be more usefull at lvl10, its a nice skill and very fun, at lvl10 it should mach user level and copy all carácter stat, or make it hit 50% user dmg.

make it usefull not only a pulling skill, at hight lvl no one use it anymore.... it dosn't even take 1 hit before it dies.

Idea for dopple ganger:

At lvl 1: hit/copy 25% of user max dmg and gain an extra 5% per every lvl, for exemple:

lvl1 25%, lvl2 30%, lvl3 35%, lvl4 40%, lvl5 45%, lvl6 50%, lvl7 55%, lvl8 60%, lvl9 65%, lvl10 70% (Max lvl only: use random skill)

Its very sad to leave this skill behind,

Edited by BioElesis, 08 June 2014 - 04:29 AM.

#47 Unbound

Unbound

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:38 AM

Go play Ranger or Elementalist if you want to see Sins in Stealth ;)

#48 cosi4zara

cosi4zara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:55 AM

I don`t have a sin but i think stealth should remain how it is atm.Just do what Threat suggested on first page.

#49 warjat69

warjat69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:somewhere over the raibow

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:13 AM

Those sugestions are good only for him and other SS sins.

#50 MacMad

MacMad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:16 AM

my stealth suggestion wont make u visable or something, its just a slight change that u have to use ur brain.

using brain is not a nerf ;)

e: for some ppl it may be a nerf....

Edited by MacMad, 08 June 2014 - 06:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users