Top pvpers of each class, ever? - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Top pvpers of each class, ever?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 iSmartJoe

iSmartJoe

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:02 PM

Just a fun topic that are usually entertaining to talk about! 

So what's your top pvper list for each class?? 3 criteria doe!

1. catching ability

2. adjustments to situations

3. Utilizing dash dance (Speed and agility of the pvper when dashing and how they use it)

As far as combos, I'll let you guys decide because there are many different views on them. 

*Please refrain from arguments and trolling :[*

#2 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

http://forums.warppo...-of-each-class/

Spoiler

Edited by Apocryphos, 10 June 2014 - 06:48 PM.

#3 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:09 PM

*Please refrain from arguments and trolling :[*

And that's the one thing that always happens in these.

It's gonna inevitably end in arguments over opinions. Really the list Apocryphos gives is somewhat accurate (He might be missing a few people but hey he even said; "Based of people he's pvp'ed)

But when people put lists, they always have the following flaws. Including a list I could make:

1. Harder to compare two people due to differences in gear:

Now lets compare two people: xAizawa and ShinoRyu. Both are skilled Ninjas, but to put both of them in a 1vs1 well the gear is gonna always be a gremlin about this. xAizawa probably (Haven't seen him recently) has the advantage of better element cards, sets, and accessories like solars. Shino is incredibly skilled too but is lacking in gear compared to him.

Gear inevitably makes a wide gap in determining two players. Consider myself (CoolSam) vs oSweetlove; He's got TONS of gear advantages on me, however I hold pretty well against him myself, (Best I can do is lose 4-5 with us having equal element attack.) and really we 1v1 ALOT. I will always accept an offer to pvp from him because it's nice seeing how I hold against him.

2. Activity of players in their respective classes and the game in general:

Now often when this topic comes. I see a name of some big pro who quit ages ago. (I put FireONight and MiyakoZuka in Overlords for skilled in an old topic and they are extremely inactive or quit.)

Also, I see people who main multiple classes getting multiple spots on a list. (Seo who mains Destroyer and Ninja. Not doubting skills as he does well in both.)

But that's another inevitable flaw with specific people like that. I can see a good number of people on lists that quit that class as their main due to nerfs or otherwise. Some I haven't seen in a PvP room. Battlesquare, or Emporia in ages. And some of them who sadly I don't get to PvP as much and give a good word of confirmation (Rezzy QQ I wanna fight your Dragoon again!)

3. Lists are always based off people the maker PvP'ed:

Not a major flaw. If someone like Apocryphos listed you based off the PvPs he had with ya, it means you're recognized by a top player and it means praise. But sometimes I see names from other lists giving people I never heard of because I never got to PvP them. Really makes you wanna verify that.

So all in all, making these lists is always a hassle. And these topics always get inevitably closed because of the drama and arguing that results. But I'll give my take on it. Simply because I can. Not in a particular order by the way. And Active players too.

Dragoon: (I based this off Post-Nerf skills. Meaning I fought these guys Post-Nerf and they still held up well.)

• RezzyJey: I don't see him on there much, but he's in my opinion a beast post-Dragoon Nerf.
  • oClark: Perm-80, really skilled, and always fun to fight. He prepared for the nerf by practicing his skills.

Overlord:

• oSwEeTLovE: His gear is top, his skill is beast as well. Probably the only Overlord I can't beat...........currently (I'll still try.)
  • CoolSam: I can't put myself? If Sweetlove himself recognizes my skill then clearly if I'm not 1st I'm 2nd.

Invoker:

• ero: He will eat you for dinner. And you will crap yourself which is why you need a complimentary PvP Diaper when you agree to face him.
  • Anrietta: Although pretty inactive. I can still admit she's skilled to this day.
  • Neliela: I haven't PvP'ed her 1vs1. But Some Emporia Wars tell me she's good in terms of Team-based PvP.

Sorceror:

• Shorthair: Movement Speed was underestimated for Sorcerors. It really gives her a 1vs1 edge. Which normally is their flaw.
  • primero: Another great Perma-80. Always a good fight.

Savage:

• Astry: Really the only Savage I can PvP now. The rest quit cause Final Decision was apparently a necessity. >:L Pansies.

Ninja:

• ​ShinoRyu: One of the top 1vs1 Skilled Ninjas. Even to this day in the Game of Resists/Attacks and Galaxia he holds well.
  • Seoyoun: Rolling around at the speed of sound! Hehe... But still great skill to compliment a stat Ninjas can consider for great results after Evade nerf.

Sentinel:

• xFomalhaut: Probably top Sentinel in server. Really because there's so few in Endgame to consider.
  • Exelus: Again like Anrietta, not as active but could hold up well in skill.

Destroyer:

• Chartemis: If there's a Destroyer to consider for inspiration, it's this one. Knows the strats and even invents new ones.
  • Sakuraz: I like to think Sakuraz as the 2nd place. They can be extremely close in skill at times.
  • 1inch: Really saying this as he's capable of matching the best Destroyers. 

Summoner:

• LOVECOUCH: Godly gear, and great skill in all levels of Summoner play. There's not many Summoners to list here though.

Twin Fighter:

• ​Zeela: Main swap from Dragoon to Twin in New Origins was a good idea. Quickly learned the techniques and stayed as among the best Twins even to this day.
  • Mituo: Although he might've been lurking in Perma-60'dom for a good while. He skyrocketed to endgame level and took it by storm.
  • TwinBj: A good Twin player. Again he's easily capable of facing the top PvP'ers.

#4 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:43 AM

I am watching this :p_err:

If you want to talk about the Top pvpers ever some notable mentions are(That no longer play)

Ninja: Yurai, Reddevil, Jerusalem

Savage: IamTomo

Overlord: Miya(I forget the rest of her name)

Dragoon: Odyessia,Funky,Guardian, Haku

Destroyer: Sheol, Maplestar, Cyndres

Sentinel: Nillachan,Sharpion(?), Pathfinder

Warmage: Akyrie,Endbringer, Albruna, Lionheart

Invoker: ImDiene, Shuzelin, Rim, Rabad

Summoner- Mush-something-something can't remember full name(It was Endbringer's Summoner)

Twin: Engarde(Semi active), SnowPuff

Edited by StormHaven, 11 June 2014 - 05:52 AM.

#5 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:31 AM

Storm has too much rust to catch up <3
Zeela isn't really Zeela and lovecouch isn't really lovecouch.

Edited by ohsnap, 11 June 2014 - 08:34 AM.

#6 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:57 AM

Storm has too much rust to catch up <3

I'm rustier than old tin kart.

#7 Bicho

Bicho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:09 AM

Invoker: Anrietta
Sentinel: Exelus

That's all...

Edited by Bicho, 11 June 2014 - 10:09 AM.

#8 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

These topics never go anywhere really lol

#9 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

To be completely honest, the people who aren't active and are listed here just quit because :

A. They couldn't handle a nerf on their class

B. They couldn't handle pvp without passive evade / block

C. They couldn't  handle the pvp overhaul with legendary combo's, elements, and only 1 air recovery.

D. They quit while they were on top to be recognized as legends(or in my eyes quitters).

E. BSQ died so no more slow heal/ instant heal/ Wide Heal/ Capsules usage.

F  All of the Above

In conclusion the list I provided are the active players in pvp, which some fail in comparison to the past, but unintentionally due to nerfs. Good Luck trying to find quitters.

[sarcasm]Cause everybody loved massive hp,evade,block,cd and 90% damage reduction via defense.[/sarcasm]

Edited by Apocryphos, 11 June 2014 - 06:40 PM.

#10 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

some classes are more adept in certain pvp situations.

but if you're good in any situation, then you take the cake.

#11 Bicho

Bicho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:18 PM

They quit because pvp/bsq the only good activities are dead...
And game is turning boring... That's the truth !

#12 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

To be completely honest, the people who aren't active and are listed here just quit because :

C. They couldn't  handle the pvp overhaul with legendary combo's, elements, and only 1 air recovery.

D. They quit while they were on top to be recognized as legends(or in my eyes quitters).

F  All of the Above

In conclusion the list I provided are the active players in pvp, which some fail in comparison to the past, but unintentionally due to nerfs. Good Luck trying to find quitters.

[sarcasm]Cause everybody loved massive hp,evade,block,cd and 90% damage reduction via defense.[/sarcasm]

I have to agree with this. I can list names of people who you can assume did this for these exact reasons.

A: Well quite a few Dragoons, Ninjas, and Savages.

B: Alot of Ninjas and Dragoons.

C: A lesser seen reason. Most just changed their mains to abuse these.

D: Heh, well there's some "legends" that can hold up to this day.

E: Ohh those arguments... Healing will never get nerfed unfortunately.

F: Exactly.

Really basing lists off active people is the best choice. The OP wants to know who currently is the top. But remembering the glory days is still nice.

#13 sam3oyster

sam3oyster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:05 PM

1. Harder to compare two people due to differences in gear:

Now lets compare two people: xAizawa and ShinoRyu. Both are skilled Ninjas, but to put both of them in a 1vs1 well the gear is gonna always be a gremlin about this. xAizawa probably (Haven't seen him recently) has the advantage of better element cards, sets, and accessories like solars. Shino is incredibly skilled too but is lacking in gear compared to him.

Gear inevitably makes a wide gap in determining two players. Consider myself (CoolSam) vs oSweetlove; He's got TONS of gear advantages on me, however I hold pretty well against him myself, (Best I can do is lose 4-5 with us having equal element attack.) and really we 1v1 ALOT. I will always accept an offer to pvp from him because it's nice seeing how I hold against him.

Easy. Naked PVP with level 25 weapon, unless people have to hide behind their stacks.

#14 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:20 PM

Easy. Naked PVP with level 25 weapon, unless people have to hide behind their stacks.

Oh that still can lead to "First Catch = Win" scenarios. Even with handicap on.

#15 sam3oyster

sam3oyster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:50 AM

Oh that still can lead to "First Catch = Win" scenarios. Even with handicap on.

But there isn't any gear difference. Being able to catch first is pretty much a measure of how skillful you are. My comment is pretty much based on gear imbalance. If every "PVP'er" nowadays get naked and fight with a level 25 weapon, you can pretty much see who is the better player.

#16 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:42 AM

But there isn't any gear difference. Being able to catch first is pretty much a measure of how skillful you are. My comment is pretty much based on gear imbalance. If every "PVP'er" nowadays get naked and fight with a level 25 weapon, you can pretty much see who is the better player.

Well true, but it was shown in the Friday Fight Nights event that even with Handicap, Level 1 Sealed Mist Set, and a level 25 weapon that people would still get dropped to nothing in as little as 1 combo. Also even then using naked and 25, some classes inevitably have the advantage.

#17 Bicho

Bicho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:28 AM

I remember when pvp battles had more than 2 players and were lor than 1 minute. 
Those were great times

Edited by Bicho, 12 June 2014 - 07:30 AM.

#18 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:42 AM

I remember when pvp battles had more than 2 players and were lor than 1 minute. 
Those were great times

Ah yes the times before the HP nerf no one wanted and when we were told elements were for pve only~. The good ole days.

#19 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

Bunch of old people so accustom to your massive hp and 90% reductions via defense then some more reductions with pdd. After youve gone throught there evade and block. Back when locking was encouraged to dent a persons hp. Sorry to tell ya but please check my other post and circle all the letters that apply to you.
☆ To OP they like to relive there glory days I suggest learning your class yourself as for destroyer I dont spoon feed people. I believe the best way to learn is by watching.
As for comboes the motto I follow is if I have to use a skill that stops a player from moving or countering completely twice I'd consider it a lock. And to start the combo again they'd have to be able to be able to recover via rolling or via air.☆

Edited by Apocryphos, 12 June 2014 - 10:01 AM.

#20 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:14 AM

pvp is much harder now than it was, which is why people like to relive glory days. it was also more populated, albeit slightly.

no evade/block with op rates. no more 80 dmg x spam from turtle priests that couldn't fight back. no more sorcs tanking with mdd pdd. 

no more roaching and barricade pallies needing 5+ people to kill. no more stacking evade n cd+cr for facerolling ninjas. 

the list goes on.

#21 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:52 PM

Still reviving bsq would help the population. In its current state its rather depressing. I for one am a terrible bsqer, also terrible in team play, I focus solely on destroying other players which quickly turns the game around due to death-buffs.

#22 necoconeco

necoconeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:13 PM

F  All of the Above

Try:

G. Graduated with a bachelor's degree.

H. Already a year into my career.

I. Moved on to other hobbies that are more worthy of my time.

J. Shifting priorities in where I spend my income.

K. Won't put up with a game with unfixed bugs.

L. Driving is awesome.  Driving is freedom!

F.  All of the above.

I'm sure the "quitters" who were good back then would be able to adapt to whatever new rules are implemented and still spank you rookies into crying to the developers for more nerfs.....that is if we gave a crap =P

Edited by necoconeco, 12 June 2014 - 05:17 PM.

#23 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

Try:

G. Graduated with a bachelor's degree.

H. Already a year into my career.

I. Moved on to other hobbies that are more worthy of my time.

J. Shifting priorities in where I spend my income.

K. Won't put up with a game with unfixed bugs.

L. Driving is awesome.  Driving is freedom!

F.  All of the above.

I'm sure the "quitters" who were good back then would be able to adapt to whatever new rules are implemented and still spank you rookies into crying to the developers for more nerfs.....that is if we gave a crap =P

these "rookies" you refer to have had years of pvp experience compared to your quick grind up and stack up characters. 

i doubt anyone of you would survive. that's just the truth.

as far as listing your credentials and implication that "growing up" has caused you to stop playing, well, truth be told, everyone has their own reasons. but the fact of the matter is, you claim you've stopped playing, yet you are still patrolling a pvp thread on a game you've quit.

but let's not head into that direction. As of now, the best pvpers in the game is very obvious. 

it may or may not change drastically throughout the years with the new influx of international players joining the fray, we'll see.

#24 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:38 PM

Still reviving bsq would help the population. In its current state its rather depressing. I for one am a terrible bsqer, also terrible in team play, I focus solely on destroying other players which quickly turns the game around due to death-buffs.

Sadly with buggy Battlesquare times for the 41-50 and 81-90 rooms, this would be difficult.

Team play and 1vs1 play are different ball parks as well. At times you may find a terrible 1v1'er has the most amazing team potential (Looking at you, Sorcerors!). And it's vice-versa as well.

Battlesquare is definitely the best place to find capable opponents. Well if it wasn't a run/heal-stall objective. Shazamo should revive that Battlesquare improvements thread from a while back and push that to the developers instead. Suggestions like different maps, objectives, rewards, etc. have all been considered great ideas.

Now in regards to players quitting or switching mains after the big patches. Well there are those people, and there are those who change their gear/playstyle and adapt. Those adaptive players are the current kings of the ring. A true pro looks at the upcoming changes to the class they play, and prepares and takes it by the horns. When Block is nerfed and infinite hp Tank-a-dins are crippled. There were Dragoons who adapted with new combos, and gear changes to fit the loss of Block rate. (Your Big pro RezzyJey and boss Clarky-boy). When Evade was nerfed. Ninjas swapped their gear and adapted with health and movement speed builds to allow them to continue an aggressive style. (Your Seoyoun, Aizawa and your ShinoRyu).

And when Aim no longer became a necessity, build variety, in most cases, became free to roam and help every class up and reduce the forced paths in classes to become pro in PvP. Take cases like xFomalhaut and Stormhaven: The struggles both of them did to surpass 600+ aim just to hit dominating Ninjas forced their builds to take massive pain. Then evade/aim became less of an issue. Now both of them got freedom of new builds in Crit Chance, Attack Speed, Element damage, Movement Speed. And the forced role of "Ninja Counter tool" got changed to "Everyone else's nightmare!"

#25 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:21 PM

Just figured out I suck at dashing figured it out via naked pvp and the letter F comes after L in the alphabet. Must be the high mspd/atkspd makes pvp at slower speed mind numbing definitely harder than thq. Well it's nice to know they atleast check the forums, for praise they are clearly given to much of for quitting they still check the forums so I'm guessing they're waiting on something. Probably preparing their return to dragonsaga.

If anyone wants to relive their glory days feel free to put a level 1 weapon on and pvp each other with full +20 armor turn off your chain combos, and take off all elements. Only thing is air recovery is limited to only 1, which shouldn't be a problem since legends adapt very well.

@OP
1. My Catching ability is pretty high, most of the time. really depends if I have to chase them after flashbang and who is chasing who, most of the time I play offensive destroyer (lol I do the chasing as an archer)
2. My Adjustment to certain situations in 1 v 1 usually takes a round or two, strictly to figure out a players habbits.
3. I'm absolutely terrible at dashing to me its far to slow to pvp with less than 300 mspd.
4. Escaping abilities I know you weren't looking for this but I find this a key ability for pvpers I have plenty of escaping abilities against most classes.
All in all, great alone but, mediocre in team fights, and fights with less than 300 mspd(Again not the best dasher).

Edited by Apocryphos, 12 June 2014 - 11:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users