WINNERS ANNOUNCED: Creative Feast Event (see second post) - Page 14 - **Community Contests and Events** - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

WINNERS ANNOUNCED: Creative Feast Event (see second post)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
431 replies to this topic

#326 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

You know what! no matter how annoyed that not 1 drink was placed in there. I tip my hat off to the 3 winners. You 3 really deserve the win honestly

Congrats.

#327 KittKattz

KittKattz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

grats mel!! you did an awesome job :D

#328 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

Congrats everyone. :) Hopefully this will be held again so I can enter something. I wish I had had time to get something made, but unfortunately this month has been just a little jam-packed!

#329 tatihana00

tatihana00

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 734 posts
  • LocationSan Fernando Valley ( LIKE OMGOD!)

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

possibly the categories for choosing where beginner attempt, intermediate attempt, and of course expert attempt. this would explain the range in choosing the winners, which i think would be very nice. as not everyone can make the more professional looking attempts... leaving people out in the cold again, as like with drawing contests.

regardless, the event can be held once every three months and thus giving everyone a chance to prepare and try and win another Iro Cooking Contest~

i'm glad there were so many things to choose from. 

Added - 

it would be nice to have the three catagories, and a score sheet (like in iron chef) people can then adjust for the next cooking contest and it will be fun to see if we can do a panel of three judges.... such as the event host ( which can rotate) camp and oda. well it's a suggestion~ hopefully a liked one *bows*

Edited by tatihana00, 01 July 2014 - 05:23 PM.

#330 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

Okay, my post has been edited....now to wait patiently impatiently for the headgear. :P

#331 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

possibly the categories for choosing where beginner attempt, intermediate attempt, and of course expert attempt. this would explain the range in choosing the winners, which i think would be very nice. as not everyone can make the more professional looking attempts... leaving people out in the cold again, as like with drawing contests.

regardless, the event can be held once every three months and thus giving everyone a chance to prepare and try and win another Iro Cooking Contest~

i'm glad there were so many things to choose from. 

Ehhh. I don't really like that, because then there would be people that made something really complex that didn't get the grand prize whereas someone that put in minimal effort making something really simple got that better prize.

I think this is VERY different from the drawing contest. Drawing either takes some god-given talent or years and years of practice, whereas anyone with basic math and motor skills can follow a recipe for something that looks good. Presentation might be a bit more difficult for some people, and you may indeed get better at cooking with time (not needing recipes, learning shortcuts or tricks to make things taste / look better, etc.) but freehand drawing doesn't really have the cheatsheets that cooking does.

As for a drink winning... MAYBE the Dragon Breath -_-tail deserved a chance, but other that that, it takes very little effort to put some stuff in a blender and pour it into a glass. A good baked good or meat dish takes a lot of ingredients, time and energy to make.

Edited by Ralis, 01 July 2014 - 05:24 PM.

#332 paskiboy

paskiboy

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

should have divided the categories to cooking/drinks/baked goods

#333 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

Ehhh. I don't really like that, because then there would be people that made something really complex that didn't get the grand prize whereas someone that put in minimal effort making something really simple got that better prize.

I think this is VERY different from the drawing contest. Drawing either takes some god-given talent or years and years of practice, whereas anyone with basic math and motor skills can follow a recipe for something that looks good. Presentation might be a bit more difficult for some people, and you may indeed get better at cooking with time (not needing recipes, learning shortcuts or tricks to make things taste / look better, etc.) but freehand drawing doesn't really have the cheatsheets that cooking does.

That's kind of how it happened here.

#334 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:25 PM

Baked Goods and an Other category, maybe... But no drinks. It would be shameful to give someone that made an easy beverage a prize over anyone that even attempted to make a baked good, meat dish, etc.

#335 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • LocationRelocated ---->Bio 4
  • Server:Chaos>Valkyrie>New Chaos

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

So much hatoraide up in this joint.

Edited by KiyokoHasami, 01 July 2014 - 05:28 PM.

#336 paskiboy

paskiboy

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

Baked Goods and an Other category, maybe... But no drinks. It would be shameful to give someone that made an easy beverage a prize over anyone that even attempted to make a baked good, meat dish, etc.

I wouldn't consider my entry to have been easily made.

#337 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

sorry but it takes a month to ferment ur own wine from grapes. I understand your stand point on easy drinks but making wine is not easy.

#338 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

I would love to be on the committee to help you! :p_smile:

#339 paskiboy

paskiboy

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

sorry but it takes a month to ferment ur own wine from grapes. I understand your stand point on easy drinks but making wine is not easy.

haha yeah i brewed my own kummel as well ^^

#340 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:35 PM

The rules for the contest stated that it needed to be made during the event though.

So I don't think aging wine as an excuse is gonna cut it...

#341 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

I wouldn't consider my entry to have been easily made.

As for a drink winning... MAYBE the Dragon Breath -_-tail deserved a chance, but other that that

I agree, you put a lot of effort into your presentation which definitely upped it quite a bit. :)

#342 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

Picking a committee via the community might be difficult though (just look at what happened during the mabinogi?? thing whatever/woe te times).

I'd have to come up with some sort of process.

Yeah I can only imagine how that would turn out. If you need ideas don't be afraid to shoot me a pm on forums. :p_laugh:

Edited by KiyokoHasami, 01 July 2014 - 05:38 PM.

#343 tatihana00

tatihana00

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 734 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

As for a drink winning... MAYBE the Dragon Breath -_-tail deserved a chance, but other that that, it takes very little effort to put some stuff in a blender and pour it into a glass. A good baked good or meat dish takes a lot of ingredients, time and energy to make.

okay that might be possibly true for you, but i had to supervise my child and allow her to make her strawberries.... and thankfully this contest is not done by taste or those with basic math might fail because their food still tastes like crap. pretty in cooking doesn't mean tastiest. don't belittle cooking just because you can't see ( really taste) the same effect. there are many people who tried their best and you can tell they have beginning skills in cooking.

you can not judge them at the same level as for example the handmade chocolate submission to my daughter's choco strawberries. that would be unfair to both. so even if you don't have three different categories, you should have at least two different categories. 

#344 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:39 PM

The rules for the contest stated that it needed to be made during the event though.

So I don't think aging wine as an excuse is gonna cut it...

Np Welches Grape juice takes 48 hours with in that time frame it fits.

Either way My point is clearly letting you know that making wine is not easy

#345 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:44 PM

Everyone got a participation prize no matter how easy the thing they made was. :l The only way I'd be okay with categories would be if the prizes were ranked by the category so that the people that are the most skilled still get the best prize. The best win... That's just how a contest is.

Like Grace said, there will be more contests catering to other people's skills, but say for example that the next contest is a writing contest... If I write a 5000 word story but am beaten out by three other people, I'd be royally pissed if only three people submitted really short, poorly written poems and all of them ended up getting a better prize than me.

#346 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

Everyone got a participation prize no matter how easy the thing they made was. :l The only way I'd be okay with categories would be if the prizes were ranked by the category so that the people that are the most skilled still get the best prize. The best win... That's just how a contest is.

Like Grace said, there will be more contests catering to other people's skills, but say for example that the next contest is a writing contest... If I write a 5000 word story but am beaten out by three other people, I'd be royally pissed if only three people submitted really short, poorly written poems and all of them ended up getting a better prize than me.

Long as you admit wine isnt made easy were fine ^.^

#347 tatihana00

tatihana00

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 734 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:48 PM

The next one will be different. I don't intend to do a cooking one every time. Perhaps a writing contest or another type of creative skill. I thought about doing a WoE video one but a lot of people seemed to think that would be messy and a really bad idea so I decided against it. Suggestions are always welcome.

oh cein, that sounds lovely, but i know that at the very least having the cooking contest 2 or 3 times a year is a really amazing thing to look forward to, and then in the months between have writing or handmade iro gifts contest. it would be super interesting to see the handmade iro Christmas/ Channukah/ Kwannaza gifts (if i forgot any others i'm sorry!!!) of course they could be posted after the holidays so people don't have a spoiler alert.  well that is just a suggestion~ hope it helps (secretly still hoping the cooking contest is at the very least a bi-yearly event)

#348 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:48 PM

I will admit that wine is not easy to make~

#349 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:49 PM

I make my own wine at home with store bought kits. It takes a few months to do, though, and it's done in giant batches. Not as bad as you'd think, taste wise. I was surprised the first time I tasted it (though I had someone showing me how to do it every step of the way so there wasn't much room for error).

yea its pretty time consuming. Especially  if your making items that are made from your back yard home grown.

Im not bitter im just a bit urked that some one would say drinks (in general to this contest) was to easy. Is all

^ Thanks Ralis

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 01 July 2014 - 05:49 PM.

#350 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

Having people that know the topic for the contest very well as assistants is always a good idea...but it would also mean preventing them from entering that contest, just to be fair. At least, that's my opinion...which usually goes unnoticed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users