Upcoming changes on Trade Mechanics & Policies - Event Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Upcoming changes on Trade Mechanics & Policies

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
378 replies to this topic

#1 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

Watch the Live-Stream we did with the Developers regarding this policy change and the future of ROSE Online.

As most of you gals and guys of ROSE Online know, the Database update is almost done with it's bug testing. We already went over the Storage Expansion Coupon changes and appreciated your feedback. With the changes coming to Trade Mechanics & the Policies that encompass them... we know we are going to have a few negative responses to them. We understand and we want to hear your feedback regarding it just as we did in the past. So keep an open mind Roserians~

Why?! Why!?!?!??!11111

This update to the trade restriction system aims to both simplify the meaning of each restriction type and their behaviors, to ensure that players know what to expect when doing something with an item, and to usher in new gameplay constraints that encourage players to consider how they acquire and use items obtained in the game.

We understand that imposing stricter requirements may be be a jarring notion to the community, and as such we set out to ensure these restrictions would not be imposed without a means to alleviate them (within reason, and with a little effort on your part), which is why we hope that the introduction of a new item which temporarily alleviates restrictions can be deemed an acceptable counter to these changes.

We hope that you will approach these changes wtih an open mind and consider the advantages and potential from the update, and not just the changes that are considered "more restrictive" than previously.

Basic Restriction Types

Most of the more obscure restrictions have been simplified down to a new set of restrictions.  Items which do not have a "Restriction" designation in their tooltip can be assumed to have no restrictions.  Possible restrictions an item can have are:

Tradeable

• The item is tradeable without restrictions imposed.  The item cannot be sold to the NPC.  This is typically used for unrestricted Item Mall items to ensure that they are not accidentally sold to the NPC.

Account Bound / Account Locked

• The item cannot be moved off of the current account.

Character Bound / Character Locked

• The item cannot be moved off of the current character, but can be placed into Character storage.

Quest Locked

• The item cannot be moved off of the current character, and cannot be placed in Character storage.  This is typically used for mechanical items that are part of a quest.

Bound Items

Many items may initially be tradable/vendable/giftable/droppable/etc, however a few actions may cause an item to become bound to the character or account that used the item in some way.

Bind on Equip

• An item will become bound to the character or account when an equipment or costume item is equipped into an equipment or costume slot.  This is typically applied to equipment items.
  • Typically displayed on the item tooltip as Character Bound on Equip or Account Bound on Equip.

Bind on Use

• An item will become bound to the character or account when an item is used or consumed.  This behavior is typically applied to consumable items and mounts.
  • Typically displayed on the item tooltip as Character Bound on Use or Account Bound on Use.

Bind on Acquire

• An item will become bound to the character or account when an item is obtained through any means, resulting in the item being placed into the character's inventory. (e.g. picking up an item, purchasing from an NPC store, etc).
  • Typically displayed on the item tooltip as Character Bound on Acquire or Account Bound on Acquire.

Locked Items

• Locked Items are similar to bound items, in that they are restricted to an account or character when acquired/used/equipped, however locked items cannot be unbound using the Item Unbinding Coupon.  Locked items are generally not intended to be moved off the character or account after being used in some way.

Unbinding items that have been bound.

• Items that are "Bound" can be released from their trade restriction with a new item called the Item Unbinder Coupon. This will reset an item back to it's original restrictions before the item was bound.
  • For example, an item which was originally Account Bound on Equip, will become Account Bound once the item has been been equipped in your costume or equipment section.  Using the Item Unbinder Coupon on the item will return the item to being Account Bound on Equip.
  • The Item Unbinder Coupon will be available both through the Item Mall, and from the Valor shop (priced at 100 Valor each).
  • Please note that the Item Unbinder Coupon obtained from the Valor shop will be Character Locked, as it is not intended to be a widely available and highly marketed item.

Which item types will be affected by these changes?

• Most Item Mall consumable items will continue to be Tradeable.
  • Most Mounts will become Account Bound on Use.  There are a couple of exceptions to this, such as mounts obtained from starter packages, which will be Character Locked.
  • Most Item Mall equipment and Lucky Spin costumes will become Account Bound on Equip.
  • For equipment, most Monster Dropped, Dungeon Dropped, Blue Crafted, Valor and Honor equipment will become Character Bound on Equip.
  • For materials, most Monster Dropped and Disassembled materials will continue to have no restrictions.
  • Most yellow equipment (face items, back items, NPC and crafted yellow items) will continue to have no restrictions.

Please provide your logical feedback/suggestions and our development team will take it into account! The Development team is very open to your suggestions.

The Future of ROSE Online is today! Not really.. but soon~

Edited by Genesis, 19 June 2014 - 04:26 PM.

#2 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:18 PM

Well, I think that is a lot clearer than some of the restriction titles you have now. A lot of mmos that I have played have similar restrictions, so it won't bother me any. One question though, are there still going to be some items in IM that are vendable/tradeable? Or will it be just these categories that you have listed?

#3 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

Is Pegasus going to be up again soon?

#4 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:21 PM

Iprefer this method as it keep items like epics etc from being stock piled and flooding the market, ultimately increasing their value in the end by increasing their rarity. So I'm down.

#5 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:22 PM

Well, I think that is a lot clearer than some of the restriction titles you have now. A lot of mmos that I have played have similar restrictions, so it won't bother me any. One question though, are there still going to be some items in IM that are vendable/tradeable? Or will it be just these categories that you have listed?

Yes, largely many of the current Item Mall items that are consumable and tradable, are being left as tradable. Most of the Bound restrictions are being applied for equipment.

Is Pegasus going to be up again soon?

Pegasus is being updated with the latest data we have, which is simulating all the settings for what's intended to be put for the live service. It should be online soon and over the weekend, pending any potential crashes.

#6 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:22 PM

OH wow I just had a thought. That means people won't be able to gem weapons, then sell them. LOL OMG I can hear the raging now.

#7 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

OH wow I just had a thought. That means people won't be able to gem weapons, then sell them. LOL OMG I can hear the raging now.

The workaround for now, is that you will have to unbind the item after gemming in order to put it on the market.

If this becomes a larger issue, we'll consider adjusting or enhancing the features with gems, as we are still planning to expand on the gem system, we'll have this in consideration as part of the feature update.

#8 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

A question please- does this affect the items in the lucky spin like costumes?  Are they considered to be equipment even tho they are used in the costume tab? 

#9 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:37 PM

I think this is a terrible system, people dislike items being bound to characters especially when they have multiple accounts.

#10 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

So, where's the point to make items binded if they can be unbinded unless just to justify one more item in the item mall?

:hmm:

#11 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

Who is going to have stuff to vend if we make so many things have trade restriction? :hmm:

#12 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

Updated the opening post with some additional information.

#13 Hellblue123

Hellblue123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

I think this is a terrible system, people dislike items being bound to characters especially when they have multiple accounts.

I'd have to agree, I understand what you guys are trying to do, but I don't feel like this is the right way to do it. My bet is that once it is implemented ingame, quite a large percentage will be unhappy and you guys will end up changing it back.

#14 Hellblue123

Hellblue123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

"The Item Unbinder Coupon will be available both through the Item Mall, and from the Valor shop (priced at 100 Valor each)."

Personally after looking at this it immediately suggests to me it is just a ploy for more item mall points to be sold. I make my money through vending, and buying and selling rares/costumes etc. Patches like this tend do destroy how I enjoy the game and the overall functionality of it for many players. I'm glad you made a thread asking what we thought of it though, but for now I'm going to go with a strong no.

#15 GooglyEyes

GooglyEyes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:28 PM

Just to be clear, lucky spin costumes, for example, are initially tradeable but become account/character bound once i put them on. If i dont like it, i could use the item unbinder coupon and make it tradeable again or am i misunderstanding something :o

#16 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:18 PM

I got mixed feelings about this update, on the one hand it stops the item flood, farming will become more valuable again, on the other hand, i've to equip a way more chars arrrrggg.

#17 kumpiakot

kumpiakot

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

Basic Restriction Types

Most of the more obscure restrictions have been simplified down to a new set of restrictions.  Items which do not have a "Restriction" designation in their tooltip can be assumed to have no restrictions.  Possible restrictions an item can have are:

• Most Monster Dropped, Dungeon Dropped, Crafted, Valor and Honor equipment will become Character Bound on Equip.

Once again guys, this is not set in stone.

The Future of ROSE Online is today! Not really.. but soon~

im not really into this we shouldn't restrict players to enjoy the game by farming,vending and doing dungeons..each player here has 2-5 chars and they prefer using 1 farmer  meaning to say once we obtain a monster drop lets say epic they cant vend it nor trade it... we should consider the materials for crafting too we know most  materials are not obtainable by max level and we need to use a certain level to farm it..

Edited by kumpiakot, 13 June 2014 - 10:29 PM.

#18 jovu

jovu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:34 PM

• Most Item Mall equipment and Lucky Spin costumes will become Account Bound on Equip.

Hi Genesis and ShazamO,

I am so shocked about your decision about this. 

Do you realize not every players here are super interesting to PVP?

Do you ever thought about what make some players stay in this game?

I can't speak for others, but I must speak for myself this time. 

Other than my clan proudly make me wanna stay in ROSE, is the farming, quest and Costume Changing!

Do you know why almost every month I will spin or bought Lucky Spin costumes?

Other than I am a costumes collector, I also used it on my farmer, bcoz the highest drop rate costume of the month will be the Lucky Spin Costumes. And after the month end, i will transfer those costumes back to my main so that I can wear it.

And if you make it Account bound after equip, Do you realize what it means to us farmer?

Those costumes we used it on farmers will have to stay in the account forever. Yes, I know you going to say "you can buy the unbound item at valor shop or IM". But seriously my farmers all below lvl160 to farm mats only, what I earn from farming Mats will NEVER cover my lost in the valor shop and IM. 

100 valor points for each unbound item, if a costumes got 5 parts, that's mean I have to spend 500 Valor or IM points to unbound all right? Am I get it wrong about this??

I don't think I can afford that. And you may be can say "oh that's ur farmer problem, we didn't ask you to wear it during farming".

Fine, now we talk about as a costume collector and long time IM purchaser. May be you didn't see any record of me using my account to purchase IM, but I can tell you sincerely, that's because me and my husband are using his account to buy IM only, But those money we spend are both our money. I guess I got the right to defend my right here. And I can pm you what's the account I am talking about here, if you don't believe. And why I sometimes I will ask my husband to spend on IM? Because I want the IM spin costumes and accessory. 

Why I bought so many costumes while I can't wear it all? Because I got many characters. I love to see them wearing different costumes and accessory. I will change their costumes time to time, and that's included process: Wear it, Try it for mix and match, and Transfer it to my other accounts.

So if you saying one of my biggest happiness in this game which is dress up my character Can't exist anymore, Do you ever realize how cruel and unjustifiable you can be?????  (Again, don't say you can use the 100IM/valor to unbound the items, do you know how many parts there are? Do you think I will spend that much after the big disappointment you did to the long time supporter like us?)

You said you will listen to us, I sincerely hope you do. 

Pls think not only from your point of view. Pls think of it as a farmer, as a costume collector and as a player that not find their happiness through those PVP activities.

Thank you very much if you read all my comment about this.

I am sorry if I used any strong criticize words on above, because I care about the game, I don't wanna see the joyfulness from us been taken anymore. 

#19 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:36 PM

Giving respectful opinions/feedback of this upcoming update whether you like the update or not is always welcome. However, I have deleted a few posts going against forum policies.

Please do not post fallacies containing subjects like "more people will quit the game" or talking about how "this is the end of Rose". They will simply be deleted without thought. Contribute opinions in a respectful manner please, thank you.

#20 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

Such restriction is very common around the world, it is a way to prevent user from reselling the item after consumption.

There are plenty ways to prevent user reselling after consumption, say a textbook you buy from bookstore, they release 2nd edition, 3rd edition, 4th edition so on. Another way is e-text book, an online book subscription that you pay for 6 months or 1 year, the user basically have no resell value after the 6 month period.

So like eventually, the market will have less items exchange, because once items get consumed (equipped), it will lose the market value basically pretty much due to trade restriction, so like you need 100 valor points to revive the value.

This system will be bad if there is not a fair way to get rid of the restricted items.

Just like how mounts are obtained from dungeons, once opened it is account bound, you lose the opportunity to sell. Besides the reason of the introduction of these new item mall unbound coupon, I don't see any reason why such changes will take place.

#21 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:48 PM

Just to be clear, lucky spin costumes, for example, are initially tradeable but become account/character bound once i put them on. If i dont like it, i could use the item unbinder coupon and make it tradeable again or am i misunderstanding something :o

That's the way I am understanding this too and that would be fine but won't we actually need four unbinder coupons (one for each piece of the costume set)?  Any idea how much each of those unbinder coupons will cost in the IM? 

Also, I'm concerned about the items that will bind on acquire. If these items are the ones that drop from mobs, how will that affect parties? Right now if you have drops on equal share, everyone gets different things then when we go to town, my friends and I will trade around the items that are for their job class etc. Unless I am misunderstanding this new system, those items will now be bound to the person picks them up. I know this does not affect material drops thank goodness, but we often use the equipment that we get as drops. It seems wrong that we will have to get unbinder coupons for items that we just dropped while training.

#22 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:18 PM

I could be wrong, but isn't this a step in the direction of less being a "let's sit in Junon and sell stuff all day" and more of a "play the game itself(quests, dungeons, pvp, etc. and value the items you have rather than being a traders market game and selling everything at a value when you get bored with it"?

Just a thought.

#23 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:36 PM

This means I can't use one lucky spin costume on my farmers. I have many farmers at several level ranges (E.g: lv.100-lv.120 to farm Acce in DoD, Penguins, behemoth; lv120-140 to farm in Forgotten temple, lv140-160 to farm in Oblivion Temple, Xita Refure, & several 4x, 5x to farm unique weapons.)

I'm a farmer and I play farming as my interest in this game, and this change hurts. I'm a non IM-User, poor considering zulie & I can't afford more than 1 costume.

And sure sure, you'll make money out of those coupons, cool huh?

Edited by thetrangdamvn, 13 June 2014 - 09:37 PM.

#24 jovu

jovu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:37 PM

Bind on Acquire

• An item will become bound to the character or account when an item is obtained through any means, resulting in the item being placed into the character's inventory. (e.g. picking up an item, purchasing from an NPC store, etc).
  • Typically displayed on the item tooltip as Character Bound on Acquire or Account Bound on Acquire.

Ehhh, is that mean All Materials that we loot during farming will became account bound or character bound??

I don't think this is a fair system for us who farm and craft. 

Because our crafter and farmer usually are different character.

Like I using low lever char to farm those mats I need because it only drop to below some level characters.

But I using my max level crafter to craft it because it need more Skill points to up the Advanced Crafting skills. 

If you decided to account bound all the mats, at least you must give us the solution where and how can we find this mats from? When we can't even farm it ourself because our crafter will too high level for it?

And I agree on Honeybunz comment just now, they are leveling and helping each other with team work. 

So they exchanging some equip and mats to each other after leveling everytime.

From what I see this is a healthy actions to encourage people on helping each other and leveling together and for the grow of ROSE too.

But if the Mats and Equipment are all account/ character bound, you not only grab away their team work actions.

And also what concern me the most is, How the newbies earn their zulies? If they can't even sell the mats they loot?

Not every players can afford to spend big amount of money in IM to make them rich immediately in game.

Pls don't take away the chances of newbies to start their journey with looting and farming.  

Thanks. 

#25 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:57 PM

Ehhh, is that mean All Materials that we loot during farming will became account bound or character bound??

I don't think this is a fair system for us who farm and craft. 

Because our crafter and farmer usually are different character.

Like I using low lever char to farm those mats I need because it only drop to below some level characters.

But I using my max level crafter to craft it because it need more Skill points to up the Advanced Crafting skills. 

If you decided to account bound all the mats, at least you must give us the solution where and how can we find this mats from? When we can't even farm it ourself because our crafter will too high level for it?

And I agree on Honeybunz comment just now, they are leveling and helping each other with team work. 

So they exchanging some equip and mats to each other after leveling everytime.

From what I see this is a healthy actions to encourage people on helping each other and leveling together and for the grow of ROSE too.

But if the Mats and Equipment are all account/ character bound, you not only grab away their team work actions.

And also what concern me the most is, How the newbies earn their zulies? If they can't even sell the mats they loot?

Not every players can afford to spend big amount of money in IM to make them rich immediately in game.

Pls don't take away the chances of newbies to start their journey with looting and farming.  

Thanks. 

Nope, mats arn't effected, same goes for NPC gears and so on.

Mainly armours and weaphons are effected (atleast as far as i could see).

Edited by SlowBob, 13 June 2014 - 09:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users