Classic: Patch notes for June 18th 2014 - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic: Patch notes for June 18th 2014

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

#51 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:27 PM

Except as I stated above It takes a lot of time to break a fort 20 times even without interference. No guild of 35 people can keep 10 castles at 0 econ every WoE and hold their own econ. But as you saw this Sunday we are at least working on it.

Kind of similar to what Godless said. If you guys were sieging every week of every month, like a majority of the other guilds around your dominance would mean that it's incredibly difficult to maintain any econ in these forts. You cant come back from month long breaks and expect to undo all the work people have done in your absence.

#52 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:28 PM

Havloks are missing, aswell Bays and Gabors. I can only find their champion counterparts.

Will be fixed tonight.

#53 aulbath

aulbath

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:57 PM

Increase the respawn of those guys too! (Robert, Harvoc, Bays) too few of them

or the drop rate of the anniversary items, i get 1x cookbook/plans every 30~50 kills and i'm vip + 150% drop event (I think it affects the drop rate of them?)

Edited by aulbath, 18 June 2014 - 03:10 PM.

#54 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:11 PM

Kind of similar to what Godless said. If you guys were sieging every week of every month, like a majority of the other guilds around your dominance would mean that it's incredibly difficult to maintain any econ in these forts. You cant come back from month long breaks and expect to undo all the work people have done in your absence.

Basically what your saying is if we are not around everyone else is happy to let everyone else have 100 econ each and just not defend V.S. anyone. Well as the only guild who is interested in competing in WoE it would be nice if we had a hand in undoing all the "Work" (because afking for 2 hours a week then talking to the econ npc every day is such hard work!)

The reason our guild quits so often is because after a while people get bored of most guilds just sitting in their empty forts until we come and then Bwinging when they know we've come to break it. If we try to build and defend an econ no one will attack seriously to break t just to keep us busy so their allys can keep the farm going. Most guilds it seems would be delighted if we did that since they seem to hate any form of competition and are only interested in collecting as many acas and bryns as they can for some reason that isn't to use them to fight in WoE!

If SNL was not around now WoE would be extremely boring and most people from WC would be starting to quit already. Shame no other guild even seems interested in trying to get better.

With my proposal you'd be forcing people more to get interested in being better or they would not be rewarded. At the moment everyone get's rewarded no matter how little effort they make.

#55 AMzobud

AMzobud

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:52 PM

What make the server decrease in population? Server filled with whiners, unhealthy competition, you could say that any guild is avoiding fights, but I don't believe its true. Your perception is only for yourself, as we don't share it, and don't care. If you want a change then you should bring up something decent and not think about one guild but many guild. Woe should not be reserved to elite neither the mvps or anything in the game. The real question is nothing about econ, its how to bring good woes. and bringing people on the server, by taking in consideration any kind of playing and not only our own way of playing.

And you could argue having 20 forts for 5 guilds isn't really advertising "bring good woes".

Whats the point of "War" of Emperium when people like to sit in mostly empty forts for loots/econ, also do note: this isn't even a GvG vs Precast argument. Whats the point of fighting (barely) nobody? Shouldn't capturing a castle be a reward of beating other guilds regardless of playstyle ( precast or GvG ) and not a freebie like it is now due the number of forts and population.

#56 skivsorrowblade

skivsorrowblade

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

Exactly.  :ok:  Maybe the server needs to adjust for them. lol  :heh:

#57 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

Burning all the econ and fighting in a fort worth nothing is no fun, building an econ and defending it is fun (to us). This is why you find lots of guilds on this server sitting in a fort, sometimes they'll leave to push in on other guilds and sometimes they wont.

Just because we dont think/play the same way you do, it doesnt make your vision of the server any more correct than ours. If you want to come into our forts and roll over us with your super serious 40 man guild thats fine, but we're highly unlikely to be able to go toe to toe with you. 

#58 KillaSpirit

KillaSpirit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:54 PM

Burning all the econ and fighting in a fort worth nothing is no fun, building an econ and defending it is fun (to us). This is why you find lots of guilds on this server sitting in a fort, sometimes they'll leave to push in on other guilds and sometimes they wont.

Just because we dont think/play the same way you do, it doesnt make your vision of the server any more correct than ours. If you want to come into our forts and roll over us with your super serious 40 man guild thats fine, but we're highly unlikely to be able to go toe to toe with you. 

Most castles in woe SE go untouched because there is not enough players. Building and econ and defending it is fun against other guilds. What you are speaking of is defending an empty fort. allowing woe to continue on as stale as it is will just turn this server into another sakray or iris.  The whole woe system is based on PVP, being a better player and having good competition and rewarding the people who are better. Classic Ragnarok was never meant to be vanilla. 

#59 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:27 PM

Increase the respawn of those guys too! (Robert, Harvoc, Bays) too few of them

or the drop rate of the anniversary items, i get 1x cookbook/plans every 30~50 kills and i'm vip + 150% drop event (I think it affects the drop rate of them?)

+1 

The drop rate is pretty abysmal and seems even worse since maintenance. Stealing/ganking is nearly impossible too. 

#60 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

Thought it was just me ... Servers definitely died.

#61 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:47 PM

Oh I was wondering why all my clients DCd =o

Given my usual RO connectivity issues I thought it was just me.

Edit: Other WarpPortal games are DCing too x_x

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 18 June 2014 - 05:50 PM.

#62 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

the hamsters were eaten by a lagosaurus rex

#63 aulbath

aulbath

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:51 PM

whats the hp of great havlock? a friend fisted him 10 times and it didnt die, i tried to hunt em but they hit for too much, i dont see the normal ones, and theres very few of them. this were better before the update

#64 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:06 PM

lol it's almost like New World in Pre-RE. Insane 5 digit base atk and stupid quantities of HP.

#65 Dokey

Dokey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Server:ReStart

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:20 PM

What that guy said ^.

I still really don't understand the perception of our guild trying to avoid fights. We don't NEED to go out to other castles looking for fights to find them. Everyone comes to us! Usually within the first 3-10 minutes of WoE XD There is never a lack of fights.

#66 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:30 PM

the only person in this thread that seems to get it. congrats. the other people in this thread on the other hand...lol.

#67 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:35 PM

i cant login any of my characters

login screen > server selection scree > character select screen > disconnected from server.

tried other account is fine, its just certain accounts

#68 Bucetation

Bucetation

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationTeresina - Piauí - Brazil

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:37 PM

lol it's almost like New World in Pre-RE. Insane 5 digit base atk and stupid quantities of HP.

^^^^^^^^

#69 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:40 PM

well soo much trying to comp for mvps get locked out of champ account  GG  -5 for convincing me to renew vip

Edited by zerowon, 18 June 2014 - 09:41 PM.

#70 Ralfi

Ralfi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:44 PM

they are doing mini maintenance... all areas seem to be down except pront... ill just wait till i see ragial update.. ill know its done then

:p_smile:

#71 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:48 PM

So I picked up the Bay quest the other day when it went in, killed a couple then decided to wait until you did more stuff. Heading to the same map to kill some again to check out the changes there's only Havlocks and some champion monsters that has a bunch of Gabors (and one Bay) as minions. Champion badges are ~5 points which is cool and definitely better than doing the easy stuff.

Is there a map with just Bays on it somewhere I'm missing now that things have been toyed with?

Also the AI for those monsters is still really not good, they have a sight distance of like 2 tiles. So any time you move away from them or Storm Gust knocks them they just forget about you as soon as it ends. This is a pretty awful way to handle it as sometimes they'll either go wandering off and will also just refuse to hit anyone not attacking them constantly.

Edited by Themes, 18 June 2014 - 10:12 PM.

#72 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:16 AM

the only person in this thread that seems to get it. congrats. the other people in this thread on the other hand...lol.

The Valk people in this thread aren't wrong. The problem is that because it happens on such a massive scale that the forts they value so much are worth less than they should be.

I find the fun in building the econ and it being unique to the others. Moving from fort to fort with left over econ.... not so much. Rarity drives value, valk should think about that.

#73 NujabesxRicky

NujabesxRicky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:25 AM

Please please respond to my ticket, this waiting is like torture all i wanna do is play ro, my life is meaningless without it :( so please respond to my ticket!

#74 Godless

Godless

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationFt Wainwright, Alaska

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:17 PM

Ok so reducing the amount of castles in woe seems reasonable with the current population, I think we can acknowledge that the seals need to be reduced to 50 as well. 

Edited by Godless, 19 June 2014 - 01:19 PM.

#75 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

The Valk people in this thread aren't wrong. The problem is that because it happens on such a massive scale that the forts they value so much are worth less than they should be.

I find the fun in building the econ and it being unique to the others. Moving from fort to fort with left over econ.... not so much. Rarity drives value, valk should think about that.

I just think the attitude of some of the people from large guilds on this server is hilarious. There are several smaller-medium size guilds that consistently get slammed on these forums for "not wanting to fight," and it just makes you all look petty and immature.

Even if we were to stay in one castle for all of WoE, we still get action, as others have said. And to be up front, we usually get wrecked anyway by one of the "super serious 40 man guilds" when we try to econ. Kind of hard (and honestly not that fun) to compete with guilds that are twice the size of yours and are far better equipped. But I guess that makes us lazy crybabies who don't want to work for WoE, lol. Contrary to popular belief, I like competition, but I don't like going into battles I know I have no chance of winning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users