LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:05 PM

Just stop with the stupid ideas for balancing woe out more. Cancel woe for 1 month and sprinkle in a huge focus on leveling and assisting people level into their 13x-14x range. Why are people so surprised about how this unbalance happened? Wow big surprise while I was (at work, school, caring for family, doing chores, on a date, or outside in general) someone that has next to zero irl responsibility was grinding their azzes off to get highest level for certain profitable reasons. One of which just happened to be the byproduct of pwning the :P out of the woe scene. Instead of doing the smart thing and disabling woe they instead give every castle 100 econ >.> Then to top it off lets give everyone a guaranteed god item piece that holds one of these mock castles. If you are smart overprice the :) out of your emperiums people lol I get the the feeling you are about to see a BUNCH of alt guilds made to farm the GM's for pieces. This won't stimulate competition, just make the big guilds branch out and hold the same amount of castles just under different emblems.

Sure you will get some complaints about not having woe available now, but it won't be nearly as big of the complaints about the unbalanced and one sided fights that are going on in increasingly emptier forts with each passing woe.

GM's you failed miserably on giving the gamers adequate time to adjust to the game before dumping woe back into the picture. First gigantic failure was limiting testing to those that could/would pay you for it. Dumping renewal with couple weeks to test out builds on a slow leveling server and resets hasn't made the VAST majority much more comfortable than they were 1 week ago with making final build decisions and leveling strategies. But you would already know this if more than a handful of people tested renewal before you launched it.

You want this game to succeed and community become happy again? Here's how you will do it.

1) Make a real test server for the community to use freely.
2) Cancel woe for the next month.
3) Continue to encourage leveling with spawns and exp events etc.
4) Look into making max guild capacities smaller to accommodate the smaller population of your servers. Not making the woe world smaller to accommodate the larger guilds.

These things won't completely save RO from the erosion that it's suffering currently, but they will definitely put you back on the right track.

#2 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 5

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:08 PM

Great post! Unfortunately it is unlikely that the gm's will do any of these things. Oh well, at least they were forewarned.

#3 Symm

Symm

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • LocationProntera Pub.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:11 PM

lol

#4 omg1kas

omg1kas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationCandyland
  • Server:Iris <3

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:14 PM

man i was thinking this too. jst never posted in hope a GM would think of it lol.
u cant balance :P when its unbalanced right now :l

#5 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:31 PM

They already screw :P up by doing woe right out the gates after a HUGE CHANGE TO RO with so many unbalanced skills, Now there just trying to do damage control which isn't gonna help matters. Woe should of been canceled for at lest 1 month 3 tops to allow people to get use to the changes and figure out the the unbalance that is renewal. At this point is to little to late, This WOE event does nothing but cater to them guilds with 150 cause there only ones woeing at this point, As far as I know last woe was nothing but Insur and there alliance and CT messing with them for no really good reason. Cause most the other guilds are boycotting the :) out woe now.

Woe should of been canceled for the first 1-3 month from the get go , but they didnt do that cause they knew alot people only play ro for woe, and ironically it might be what drives people to quiting . Got love management that fails at anything but ways to milk money from us xD

Edited by Puppet, 07 November 2010 - 07:35 PM.

#6 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:33 PM

Hey! I saw your RG in Juperos earlier. ;D

#7 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:14 PM

Unfortunately if we cancelled WoE for 1-3 months we would be having the balances 1-3 months later or more because we would not have any idea what the WoE problems were until it "hits".

We cancel woe entirely I fear we would lose more players than by doing event WoEs, so that is why we are going the direction we are. Don't participate if you don't want.

#8 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:24 PM

Unfortunately if we cancelled WoE for 1-3 months we would be having the balances 1-3 months later or more because we would not have any idea what the WoE problems were until it "hits".

We cancel woe entirely I fear we would lose more players than by doing event WoEs, so that is why we are going the direction we are. Don't participate if you don't want.

Lulz is this the best of support Gravity can provide? Don't participate while you butcher and broaden the gap between the competition with these one sided events?

To address your statement, I won't be participating. I will be making the best of my time leveling. But I won't be leveling in these dead maps that you triple the spawn on and they still suck.

If you canceled woe for 1-3 months, it's a GOOD chance some of the balancing issues will have resolved themselves as a good part of it goes into not being high enough level to make the best of the characters or compete on an even close to even playing field.

You won't lose more players because they will fill that time with leveling and getting better. Which alot have already opted to do since it's obvious woe participation is at an all time low.

I get the feeling by the time you have to close this thread you will see that the community as a whole is majorly against your "events."

#9 CyFire

CyFire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:06 PM

I agree with this. I may also add to lock the castles. No treasures, guild dungens or god tiems. That would help in maintaining some balance once the woe starts again.

#10 SamuelAdams

SamuelAdams

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:01 PM

4) Look into making max guild capacities smaller to accommodate the smaller population of your servers. Not making the woe world smaller to accommodate the larger guilds.

I like this... >_>
I like #1 too... Yay for figuring out stuff for the wiki. ^^'

Edited by SamuelAdams, 07 November 2010 - 11:02 PM.

#11 sgvince

sgvince

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:20 PM

well thats what u get for a 2 week "TEST" server.

#12 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:22 PM

time to have merged woe

#13 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:42 PM

In my opinion, it would have been wiser to allow Ygg to remain open as a test server, as now that we have our actual characters in-game and are actually using skills and planning builds, it would be a helpful thing to have now... not a month ago.

#14 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:45 PM

In my opinion, it would have been wiser to allow Ygg to remain open as a test server, as now that we have our actual characters in-game and are actually using skills and planning builds, it would be a helpful thing to have now... not a month ago.

agreed, and allow Free players to access it too , keep something like WP verified accounts or like a few month old accounts only(Gravity MAY say bots on Test server, rofl)

#15 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:47 PM

Mostly would like that because none of my important skills actually work like they say they do.

#16 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:19 AM

I understand that Sakray can't be a test server anymore because it can't support Renewal, but what I can't get is why they couldn't just make Yggdrasil the new test server. Seriously, what's going to happen when we get the next episodes for RO? How the heck are we going to test new content for errors and stuff? Are they really planning to just slap new updates onto the live servers without going through testing at all?

What the heck?

#17 Michuu

Michuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationINSIDE YOUR BATHROOM. I'M WATCHING YOU PEE.

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:06 AM

Back to the top of the page you go. ~

#18 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:17 AM

Yup merge Ymir and Valk woe, that's gotta be fun...

#19 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:48 AM

Instead of doing the smart thing and disabling woe they instead give every castle 100 econ >.> Then to top it off lets give everyone a guaranteed god item piece that holds one of these mock castles.

I'm just very surprised that the notice about setting all castles to 100/100 econ was put up for at least 2 weeks before that WoE came, and all the while, people didn't talk about it on the forums.

#20 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:14 AM

That nice way to say we dont care to the community that pays your checks, seeing this events are just gona skew the woe population more, The shouldn't be god items drop for the time being there should not of been a server wide 100-100 castle reset,, there shouldn't be god items handed out for holding castles seeing it all one alliance NO one ELSE WANTS TO WOE. and the fact that you know it all one allience and no one else woeing and you still doing this is more proof that you's dont care.

Edited by Puppet, 08 November 2010 - 08:16 AM.

#21 holatuwol

holatuwol

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:19 AM

I'm just very surprised that the notice about setting all castles to 100/100 econ was put up for at least 2 weeks before that WoE came, and all the while, people didn't talk about it on the forums.

I imagine that part of the reason is that we have a population that has been on end-game content mode for the last few years, and the idea that they would be somehow excluded from that end-game content by virtue of a game change just never occurred to them.

Once they found out that people with deep pocketbooks for white potions / mastelas along with god items and MVP cards (eddga shoes and megingjards in particular) had the ability to level far faster than the rest of the population by virtue of being able to largely ignore the heal nerfs, magic strings nerfs, the tediousness of making mobs with ASPD flinching nerfs and the slow skills traditionally to clean up those mobs, and WoE would as a result exclude anyone who did not already hit end-game (and 100/100 econ would replenish any dents made in those deep pocketbooks), they got emo/mad/whatever.

Personally, the situation is fine by me. After starting the game, it took me two years to become interested in WoE, and I figure I can start becoming interested in WoE again as I get closer to end-game. But, I haven't spent years doing WoE exclusively (I'm more angry at the item drop rate nerfs, because it makes doing hat quests and gathering ingredients for cooking really annoying), so my opinion is not likely shared by most people.

#22 littlealex

littlealex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:55 AM

Arenas in WOW started up again about a week after a new expansion releases. No one complains.

#23 rayy

rayy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:59 AM

Arenas in WOW started up again about a week after a new expansion releases. No one complains.

I wouldn't say that no one complains. When people get owned by some other combo in the arenas, what do they do? They go level up or go do more dungeons/raid to acquire more gear instead of posting on forums crying nerfs

Edited by rayy, 08 November 2010 - 10:00 AM.

#24 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:13 AM

You haven't been to the WoW forums, have you?

#25 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:14 AM

If they were like me they were in "quit RO mode" atleast until they could play renewal.

People came back to renewal, just sad that when giving constructive feedback they are only faced with poor customer service and comments that make them want to quit again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users