TrashySwede

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Naia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:12 PM

Got a lolcrafter at lv 101 who up until recently crafts Hardened Weapons and Armor Reinforcement to provide my leveling newbs.

As my levels increase i have noticed that it also decrease the successrate, since its higher leveled weapons and armor.

I then wonder, should i focus on doing them "Oh so boring and timeconsuming and i lose my will to live" -quests at Junon for valor and then buy gear with that?

I will reach a point where crafting will end since the success rate will be so low that id make 1 weapon/piece of armor out of 20 and by that only lose money

My Arti is 87 and my cleric is 71, these are the ones i tend to level up until 230(Or what the maxlevel might be)

Any constructive ideas are appreciated, post to be a smarta*s or boost your postcount and i will find out where you live, hunt you down and eventually have you for breakfast, dinner and evening snack

<3

#2 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:34 PM

What i can tell out of experience is that getting the valor sets by questing is a way more time consuming than crafting them.

Make sure that you skilled "Craftman's Talent", once maxed it boosts your sucessrate by 50%, also get as much con as possible, the more con you have the higher is the sucessrate.( = con passivs/con gears/con base stat).

Edited by SlowBob, 23 June 2014 - 11:36 PM.

#3 TrashySwede

TrashySwede

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:44 PM

Ye, i suspected valor gear wasnt worth the hazzle. Thnx for clearing that out

I can get that Craftsman Talent and i can craft me new gears with con 20 on, but by doing that i will also decrease my sen, wich is at this point only 596.

By decreasing sen, i will also lower(Or completely remove) the chance of getting them wonderful "Con 15/AP 25" and "AP 25/Crit 50". stats on my gears :(

I will defenitly get that unique skill and see where it takes me

One thing yall might think, would be to just lvl the bugger. Fear not, ive considered that aswell and come to the conclusion that it will(Since hes craft only, no off skills or anything) be as ebola as trying for honor gears

#4 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:53 PM

The stats might look nice for lvling however i prefer con crafted gear. Con got an effect on the durability means A)it will make your weaphon better B ) you have to do less repairing.

If you strictly stick to sen, crafting gears will get more and more expensive, i wouldn't do that for now atleast not while lvling.

Edited by SlowBob, 23 June 2014 - 11:54 PM.

#5 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:25 AM

I agree with Bob. Con is way more important than sen is at the lower levels. What good is having a better chance at a good stat, when you're failure chance is higher? Plus, with as fast as people level now, you don't wear the lower level gears for very long. Also, Craftsman's Talent is not a Unique skill, it is a passive on your skills menu. The Unique is called Hands of a Crafter.

#6 TrashySwede

TrashySwede

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:28 AM

Ah, i had Craftman's Talent at Lv5.

I do wonder if the 2 skills "Words of Suggestion"(Raise Sen by 13) and "Guided Focus"(Raise Con by 13) have any effect on the crafting outcome?

I figure otherwise i'd just have to craft some fancy gears for the arti and start lvl him, since i only autoattack anyway even on my 85 dealer(Got a Firelock +7) xD

#7 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:48 AM

I am not sure about Words of Suggestion, but Guided Focus does improve your success rate by a very small percentage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users