Request for GM Response: Macros - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Request for GM Response: Macros

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#26 GarudaBlack

GarudaBlack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

You do realize you esentially responded to this thread with your post without actually making your knowledge base article right?

Haha... I thought the same thing.

And this topic show how some events need urgently suffer drastical changes to not allow cheaters hurt the server economy even more.

Edit: added more text and some typo.

Edited by GarudaBlack, 25 June 2014 - 01:33 PM.

#27 SpiTFirE23

SpiTFirE23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

You do realize you esentially responded to this thread with your post without actually making your knowledge base article right?

=================================================================

exactly!!!

BOT WONT ABLE TO SHOT WITHOUT MONSTER! OMG!!  ON MIDDLE of MORROC CITY ANY monster???

Edited by SpiTFirE23, 25 June 2014 - 01:27 PM.

#28 samsam2610

samsam2610

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:46 PM

and i GOT Banned for doing Macro..... WIPED ITEMS! sound cool... farm all things from last year ( 1year) items gone on 1 GM Decision !!

RMT selling item using real money = walk free with their items

BOT= wiped and perma banned "yes totally agree".

So, what do you want? Ban your account but keep all your items or take all your items away and keep your account? From when a rule breakers got the right to decide the penalty themselves? Go, make another topic and rage. I don't want to argue with you here.

Edited by samsam2610, 25 June 2014 - 01:47 PM.

#29 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

Question then, is it considered an offense to play this game using a controller, eg. Xbox 360 controller, and parse its commands through a 3rd party program into Keyboard and Mouse commands?

Well... not like it matters anymore :v

#30 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

Of course. I never said I wasn't going to respond. :)

Some people wanted a more official response, which is why I asked the GM team to make a knowledge base article. It will help everyone understand the difference between botting and using macros, as well as some more information on how and why we ban some bots and not others. 

Since we community managers don't make these rules, it's better that more detailed information comes from the GM team. 

#31 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:55 PM

What are you arguing at guys? zambee simply said you can't use macro and go away=botting the part under investigation by cms is if allow using macro when you don't afk or not. For me all the botters macroers and ppl consciously buying from botters or buyng zenny for real money deserve a ban.

EDIT
zambee was fastet than me :P

Edited by Shinyusuke, 25 June 2014 - 01:58 PM.

#32 samsam2610

samsam2610

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:09 PM

Some people wanted a more official response, which is why I asked the GM team to make a knowledge base article. It will help everyone understand the difference between botting and using macros, as well as some more information on how and why we ban some bots and not others. 

Since we community managers don't make these rules, it's better that more detailed information comes from the GM team. 

That's good to hear that the GMs are working for the article. In addition to the rules, my idea is that: the GMs team can randomly picked 10 people in-game to help judging the evidences that are sent through ticket. It can be a secret section on the forum to protect confidential information. To promote people to help the GMs, an event random box can be given out as a token of thanks :)

#33 brotherwolf

brotherwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:18 PM

That's good to hear that the GMs are working for the article. In addition to the rules, my idea is that: the GMs team can randomly picked 10 people in-game to help judging the evidences that are sent through ticket. It can be a secret section on the forum to protect confidential information. To promote people to help the GMs, an event random box can be given out as a token of thanks :)

...not.sure.if.serious.

#34 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

Lol. Words fail me right now.

#35 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:26 PM

i pray that the day will not come that you can use a legalized kafra shop bot service. for the love of gawd. please don't... or I'LL WASTE YOU WITH MY CROSSBOW! HOODY HOO!

#36 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

i pray that the day will not come that you can use a legalized kafra shop bot service. for the love of gawd. please don't... or I'LL WASTE YOU WITH MY CROSSBOW! HOODY HOO!

I am not here in an official capacity. Just surprised to see Knights of The Dinner Table come up.

#37 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

I am not here in an official capacity. Just surprised to see Knights of The Dinner Table come up.

A CM JUMP ON HIM.

#38 ReG1rth

ReG1rth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:09 PM

and i GOT Banned for doing Macro..... WIPED ITEMS! sound cool... farm all things from last year ( 1year) items gone on 1 GM Decision !!

Solid Mei Cubbie this is the reason

#39 GarudaBlack

GarudaBlack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

I really hope this article respond why players can use 3rd parties progams with some conditions (Stay in front of computer). But even explaining all the rules for me there is no difference if someone need stay in front of computer or not, it will be always a cheater.

#40 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:38 PM

But even explaining all the rules for me there is no difference
if someone need stay in front of computer or not,
it will be always a
cheater.

giphy.gif

#41 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

is there a section about bug abuse too?  :questionmark:

#42 Cartian

Cartian

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:01 PM

I don't know how you can tell a bot from a macro in many cases such as farming scarecrow.  

Say I use a macro and I stay in front of the computer and response to GM.  I am fine.

Then I use a bot and I stay in front of the computer and response to GM.  I am fine too.

In this topic I also learnt that I can ignore ALL pm even those that claim they are GM because anyone can say that, if the GM don't show up next to me with the big GM sign on their head, I can safely ignore them.  Is this correct?  

Have a nice day.

#43 chichee

chichee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • Server:RoJ S7

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:20 PM

thank u axtar for posting this..

your secret admirer,

chi  :p_love:

#44 nashR2

nashR2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:32 PM

If you were using Macros, and didn't respond when a GM performed their tests on you, then it would be considered botting and a bannable offense. Just be careful the next time you decide to use Macros, and be sure you are in front of the computer and able to respond to a GM.

What about when an account is skill spamming on the same spot 24/7 without a seconds break for days on end. Is that bannable?

#45 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:10 PM

What about when an account is skill spamming on the same spot 24/7 without a seconds break for days on end. Is that bannable?

I guess the problem is prove it is on 24/7 if you are not a cm....

#46 nashR2

nashR2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:13 PM

Isnt there some way that they could check that if we provided some information?

#47 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:47 AM

Isnt there some way that they could check that if we provided some information?

They can check since when and for how much you are logged in but say if you are botting or being afk with your cara selling or just sitting the whole time is a lot harder to check

#48 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:56 AM

They can check since when and for how much you are logged in but say if you are botting or being afk with your cara selling or just sitting the whole time is a lot harder to check

The corresponding item logs would be able to reveal that. It would be easy enough to check the time span over which a character was constantly picking up items. That wouldn't be conclusive on its own, but if a character is in fact looting "24/7" from a single IP address then it's unlikely it's a human playing the character.

#49 DDMM

DDMM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:43 AM

devs dont care. first look at your KP history before deciding to ban lol. :P

#50 1280131004231231313

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:49 AM

=================================================================

exactly!!!

BOT WONT ABLE TO SHOT WITHOUT MONSTER! OMG!!  ON MIDDLE of MORROC CITY ANY monster???

Sounds like you were AFK macroing... spamming an AoE skill that doesn't need to have a target. At some point while you were AFK, your gear broke or ran outta pots. You died. Auto-Respawned because you were AFK too long, right into the middle of Morroc for EVERYONE to see you spamming skills when there's no Monsters to kill. Probably got Reported multiple times by multiple people, a GM finally came, and still you were AFK... then you got banned. Sound about right?

So you are complaining about getting banned because you couldn't AFK Macro?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users