Request for GM Response: Macros - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Request for GM Response: Macros

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#51 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:15 AM

Sounds like you were AFK macroing... spamming an AoE skill that doesn't need to have a target. At some point while you were AFK, your gear broke or ran outta pots. You died. Auto-Respawned because you were AFK too long, right into the middle of Morroc for EVERYONE to see you spamming skills when there's no Monsters to kill. Probably got Reported multiple times by multiple people, a GM finally came, and still you were AFK... then you got banned. Sound about right?

So you are complaining about getting banned because you couldn't AFK Macro?

Hes complaining that for RMT you only get zeny wipe, but for macroing you get full items wipe or perma ban. I THINK. 

Edited by Baddiez, 27 June 2014 - 06:16 AM.

#52 1280131004231231313

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:42 AM

I see. Wouldn't surprise me if he got banned because he wasn't a KP buyer, and the RMT didn't get banned because he buys KP. If both those statements are NOT then I'd be at a lost for words, but either either way I'd still be offended.

Anyone know if that's true? And is this what we are looking at...

afk macro/bot/RMT + KP buyer = No Ban
afk macro/bot/RMT + Non- buyer = Ban

EDIT: Honestly I don't know what the big deal is with RMT. Other than the fact that it's a bannable offense written in the Terms of Service/Rules only because Gravity is so greedy that they don't want anyone else making money on the game besides them. I know what they could do... release specific costumes in the KP Shop... oh wait... their response was to take away the option to even choose some of the costumes with costume fusion... hmm... doesn't sound like it'll happen.

Edited by 1280131004231231313, 27 June 2014 - 07:12 AM.

#53 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:35 AM

EDIT: Honestly I don't know what the big deal is with RMT. Other than the fact that it's a bannable offense written in the Terms of Service/Rules only because Gravity is so greedy that they don't want anyone else making money on the game besides them. I know what they could do... release specific costumes in the KP Shop... oh wait... their response was to take away the option to even choose some of the costumes with costume fusion... hmm... doesn't sound like it'll happen.

Profit aside, there are a number of legal, liability, and administrative headaches that come along with allowing players to trade for real money. This is why you'll find virtually no online games that permit it (even those games which don't have cash shops of their own), and those that do allow it usually have very stringent or complex systems in place to handle those transactions on behalf of the players.

#54 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:42 AM

You guys forget that, Kp spender or not, people have been permabanned in the past already. Including big kp spenders, yes. I won't say any names (I rather keep this thread very clean and without flames and trolling), but spending lots of kp won't make you immune to the banhammer if you are, indeed, caught blatantly breaking the rules (such as botting, bug/glitch abusing, lots of harrassment, RMTing, etc). Just because some rulebreakers haven't been caught yet or properly punished as we'd wish, doesn't mean they're safe for being KP spenders, or for belonging to any specific guild (nope, guys, being in a "top guild" won't make you immune either).

#55 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:44 AM

EDIT: Honestly I don't know what the big deal is with RMT. Other than the fact that it's a bannable offense written in the Terms of Service/Rules only because Gravity is so greedy that they don't want anyone else making money on the game besides them.

This is their property and they have every right to prevent others from profiting off of what's not theirs. Would you like it if you created a game but someone else is profiting off it without your permission? I know I wouldn't.

#56 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:41 AM

This is their property and they have every right to prevent others from profiting off of what's not theirs. Would you like it if you created a game but someone else is profiting off it without your permission? I know I wouldn't.

Of course i would let other ppl profit from the game...Cause i would just slice 99% of that profit for me and give the last inches to the Abuser hahahahaha...(If only it would be possible p.p)

#57 darzx

darzx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:33 AM

Just punish who are using 3rd programs like bot or macro. End of discussion!

Very unfair to all legit players.

#58 LocoFiber

LocoFiber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:20 PM

Finally!... I just thought I will lose believe in you...but you got it....punish them, who are using ilegal programms.

A post of you without flaming!.. Thank you for that darzx

... +1

#59 Frus

Frus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:39 PM

You guys forget that, Kp spender or not, people have been permabanned in the past already. Including big kp spenders, yes. I won't say any names (I rather keep this thread very clean and without flames and trolling), but spending lots of kp won't make you immune to the banhammer if you are, indeed, caught blatantly breaking the rules (such as botting, bug/glitch abusing, lots of harrassment, RMTing, etc). Just because some rulebreakers haven't been caught yet or properly punished as we'd wish, doesn't mean they're safe for being KP spenders, or for belonging to any specific guild (nope, guys, being in a "top guild" won't make you immune either).

wish this was true, but experience says otherwise...

I've seen ban requests submitted recently against these "top players (KP)" with concrete evidence (videos/SS) of bug abuse and botting..and these players are still actively walking around in game today...names wont be mentioned

#60 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:10 PM

Response to my question about macrcos 3/14/14

Greetings, 

I understand you had a concern regarding the use of macros in Ro2. I apologize for the delay in reply as well as for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please know that the use of macros is not a problem as long as you are not botting, or using extended macros so you may leave your computer while playing. If you are found to be using extended macros or third party programs, and you are not present when a GM tests you in game, your account can be permanently suspended. Please know that Hackshield does not allow some macros and will flag certain accounts, shutting down the game if they are used. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this issue, or if you have anything further to add, please let me know. 

Thank you.

Blank

Customer Service Representative
WarpPortal Support Team

Short and to the point....macros can be used...just cant just walk away and let it run (aka you're botting then)..,Hackshield may not like it....you get to suffer for it...to bad imho.
Reason being macros is OK to a point, is that now keyboards and some mice have built in macro'ing abilities.

Editted

Just a heads up guys and gals, this post will be allowed since it detailing about macros and "botting" but please leave out names of the Support staff. 

Thanks.

#61 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:12 PM

Except it was said in this thread that as long as you are present at your PC macros are ok, but leaving your pc going with a macro on = botting and that is bannable.

If I'm at my pc and can pause a macro at any time to converse, what the difference between my repeatedly pushing a button over and over again or having the pc do it and I can stop it at any time?  I think carpal tunnels is the difference.  :p_smile: 

#62 nubbykiddo

nubbykiddo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • Server:Odin-Ch13

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:10 PM

The difference is that people who don't use macros are actually working for their crap, while you could be sitting in front of your computer just watching. You could be doing other things like reading a book, doing your homework(LOL. homework.), playing another game on your phone, playing another game on your other laptop if you have one, etc., while effortlessly getting stronger/richer by using your macro.

The difference is that players without macro were actually putting in effort and working for their stuff, while you're just sitting around getting someone something to do your work for you. The fact that you can stop it at any time to talk to people don't mean feces when you can still continue and run it after your conversations.

#63 M00KIE

M00KIE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

The first issue is that Zeny, whether on your character or mine, is WarpPortal property. So selling it would technically be like walking into Walmart, seeing potato chips on sale, and filling your shopping cart, then reselling them inside the store for a profit. Every website does this. If you were to look at Terms of Service on Facebook, or Twitter or any other social site, they own every picture you post on their site, and if the Terms of Service does not promise they would not, they, not you, could actually sell your images you have posted.

Secondly, it promotes botting. If they allowed everyone to sell their Zeny/items for real money, could you imagine how many more people would be botting to farm items ,etc?

Third it would ruin the game economy. Every item that a company like WP sells in-game whether for KP or Zeny has an impact on the economy in-game. Through events that give out Kafra shop items and controls to adjust certain game dynamics, WP can control the value of Zeny in the auction house and create more demand for certain cash items.

#64 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:18 PM

The difference is that people who don't use macros are actually working for their crap, while you could be sitting in front of your computer just watching. You could be doing other things like reading a book, doing your homework(LOL. homework.), playing another game on your phone, playing another game on your other laptop if you have one, etc., while effortlessly getting stronger/richer by using your macro.

The difference is that players without macro were actually putting in effort and working for their stuff, while you're just sitting around getting someone something to do your work for you. The fact that you can stop it at any time to talk to people don't mean feces when you can still continue and run it after your conversations.

Ya know if there was something else in this game but endless grinding on the same mobs over and over again where you don't even have to move for hours on end...whats the difference if I'm mashing that 1 button over and over again with my finger or using the macro to do it, so long as I'm still here, which I always am, there is really no difference at all.

I think what people get upset over is the use of macro's and leaving their computer while they do other things, that is what you are referring to I think.

Edited by flukeSG2, 27 June 2014 - 09:20 PM.

#65 Iantsu

Iantsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:25 PM

Ya know if there was something else in this game but endless grinding on the same mobs over and over again where you don't even have to move for hours on end...whats the difference if I'm mashing that 1 button over and over again with my finger or using the macro to do it, so long as I'm still here, which I always am, there is really no difference at all.

Wait, so are you saying that you use a third party program to macro, but you are always in front of your PC? (Just based on the way you worded it, it kind of sounds like that's what you're saying, but I could be misinterpreting)

I think what people get upset over is the use of macro's and leaving their computer while they do other things, that is what you are referring to I think.

Nono, people are upset because of the use of any third party programs when it is stated on the Terms of Service that it isn't allowed. I don't think anyone cares whether one is in front of the computer or not. For me, personally, what upsets me is that what the unnamed Support staff said contradicts what is written on the Terms of Service. I can't wait to see the chart the GM team is making! :)

#66 SETSUNAf6w

SETSUNAf6w

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Odin ch.4

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:37 PM

Meh~ record videos of bots, a nice auto-reply ticket closed after a week without any actions taken.

So what do legitimate players do? It's convenient that we can't call names in any ways here, so resort to facebook, twitter, youtube... for the community to know? Is that the kind of videos you want us to promote?

#67 M00KIE

M00KIE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:50 PM

Actually, the difference you're failing to mention is the human element. Even with the on screen cooldown timers for skills, there is still human error involved in everything you do in the game, whereas with a macro, it could be timed for the most efficient use of a skill/other routine, so whether it is for opening a thousand boxes in stacks or for grinding, you are no longer playing the game. It would be like setting a game of chess on the computer to play against itself and watching to make sure it isn't making a bad move.

Although I do sympathize with the grinding part....

Edited by M00KIE, 27 June 2014 - 11:50 PM.

#68 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:48 AM

Wait, so are you saying that you use a third party program to macro, but you are always in front of your PC? (Just based on the way you worded it, it kind of sounds like that's what you're saying, but I could be misinterpreting)

Nono, people are upset because of the use of any third party programs when it is stated on the Terms of Service that it isn't allowed. I don't think anyone cares whether one is in front of the computer or not. For me, personally, what upsets me is that what the unnamed Support staff said contradicts what is written on the Terms of Service. I can't wait to see the chart the GM team is making! :)

I'm saying when I'm playing my game I am always in front of my PC.  I also think that you would be wrong, I do think most people care whether one is in front of the PC or not, because all the biggest complaints are about botting, which would mean that there is no one there at all.  Zanbee isn't unnamed either, she already gave a statement, but as she said is letting the support team GM's make up a chart.  I'm not sure what you are expecting to see, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to be any different from what she said.  So perhaps the Terms of Service needs updated to reflect the new standing on using macros.

My keyboard and mouse come with macro assignments built into the driver software, it's not even a gaming mouse & keyboard just Microsoft stuff, alas I'm not sure how to make it work.

Actually, the difference you're failing to mention is the human element. Even with the on screen cooldown timers for skills, there is still human error involved in everything you do in the game, whereas with a macro, it could be timed for the most efficient use of a skill/other routine, so whether it is for opening a thousand boxes in stacks or for grinding, you are no longer playing the game. It would be like setting a game of chess on the computer to play against itself and watching to make sure it isn't making a bad move.

Although I do sympathize with the grinding part....

So, if the game were really and truly enjoyable to play, like the actual game play itself fun to do, I could see complaints about macros being relevant.  The most fun that is in this game is the people I play with, the limited PvP and neither of those things can be macro'd or botted (thats my personal view point it may differ from person to person).

Edited by flukeSG2, 28 June 2014 - 01:03 AM.

#69 Iantsu

Iantsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:55 AM

So perhaps the Terms of Service needs updated to reflect the new standing on using macros.

Yep! They can do this, or they can change their stated standing. We'll see. Hopefully they stand against using macros. :)

#70 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:04 AM

Yep! They can do this, or they can change their stated standing. We'll see. Hopefully they stand against using macros. :)

Dude, I just don't see that happening anymore.  Zanbee already stated their stance, now the support team is making up a chart to match is the way I understood it.

#71 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:21 AM

*Scoff I hope they ban all the botters. Botters ruin the game for me.

#72 Lyrella

Lyrella

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 375 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:37 AM

The biggest issue I have with macros is that the "work" you would normally have to put in to play the game is now auto-completed, leaving you free to put "work" into other things, while people who do not use said things are limited in not only their time investment, but also their advancement in the game at this point because the amount of work/time you invest is directly related to how far you advance now. Honestly, I get bored with grinding after 20 minutes. If I had a macro that could auto-do it for me, I would just leave it going infront of my pc and read a book. 

But here is where my real beef starts with macro use. Because it auto-completes things for you, the temptation is there to leave it going while you ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION (or giving the game the same attention a real player would - meaning you can't leave the pc, turn away for a moment, have a chat with your mom, go use the bathroom, etc while still playing). I can almost guarantee you that anyone who IS using a macro has at one point or another, left it going for 3-5 minutes while they had to leave the pc for 1 or another reason.

THIS IS UNFAIR TO ANY AND ALL PLAYERS WHO ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME WITHOUT MACRO ABUSE!

The ONLY use of macro that I can understand is for say, the opening of pandora boxes or other large item stacks, because yes, that can hurt you carpal-tunnel wise. The rest of the game should be PLAYED imo... and not using some bot/macro that lets you sit back and spectate.

In all honestly, I'm seriously disgusted with WP at this point. They're just pushing people away now.

#73 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:54 AM

If we have the press 1 1000 times so do you guys!

#74 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:06 AM

Imo anything other than opening large amounts of Pandora boxes and crafting large amounts of items should be bannable no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

#75 Iantsu

Iantsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:25 AM

The biggest issue I have with macros is that the "work" you would normally have to put in to play the game is now auto-completed, leaving you free to put "work" into other things, while people who do not use said things are limited in not only their time investment, but also their advancement in the game at this point because the amount of work/time you invest is directly related to how far you advance now. Honestly, I get bored with grinding after 20 minutes. If I had a macro that could auto-do it for me, I would just leave it going infront of my pc and read a book. 

But here is where my real beef starts with macro use. Because it auto-completes things for you, the temptation is there to leave it going while you ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION (or giving the game the same attention a real player would - meaning you can't leave the pc, turn away for a moment, have a chat with your mom, go use the bathroom, etc while still playing). I can almost guarantee you that anyone who IS using a macro has at one point or another, left it going for 3-5 minutes while they had to leave the pc for 1 or another reason.

THIS IS UNFAIR TO ANY AND ALL PLAYERS WHO ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME WITHOUT MACRO ABUSE!

The ONLY use of macro that I can understand is for say, the opening of pandora boxes or other large item stacks, because yes, that can hurt you carpal-tunnel wise. The rest of the game should be PLAYED imo... and not using some bot/macro that lets you sit back and spectate.

In all honestly, I'm seriously disgusted with WP at this point. They're just pushing people away now.

PREACH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users