• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

#26 Markytous

Markytous

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:25 AM

First of all, I'd like to say this is not a flame thread on gravity, or a bitching thread about this game.

I've been wondering what makes this game fun, because back when i first started I thought it was such a kick ass game. Now I just think its flat out boring.

Whenever I play, I either fail at FoC because I need to grind to get to the level where i can use my good stuff, and whenever I grind i get bored.

So....why do you guys play. Is there anything really that fun anymore? And plus theres hardly any Players i can find to grind with. :rolleyes:

I've played World of Warcraft, MapleStory, Ghost Online, Runes of Magic (I think is on par with this game), and Runescape. In comparison to World of Warcraft, obviously Requiem is free which is just an amazing feature for a fun game these days, and even though the gameplay isn't as polished and refined as World of Warcraft it still has it's own particular style. Maybe combat was supposed to be rigid in Requiem to show how ruthlessly one has to fight in a world like that of Requiem. In comparison to all other games with endless grinding (MapleStory, Perfect World, etc.), when grinding in this game I feel so satisfied to rip the arms, heads, and other appendages off of the enemy EVERY time I kill one. This signifies that every enemy in this game has to be severed somehow to be killed, and only adds to the experience in Requiem. After all, everything has been altered or mutated in a certain way, if you hadn't noticed playing. And then, the final thing, how does it compare to Runes of Magic, my absolute favorite MMORPG- well... one of two of my favorite MMORPGs, the other one being Requiem. Again, it feels like combat in Runes of Magic is a little more polished, but even that game doesn't compare to World of Warcraft's, polished smooth PvP goodness. There's a lot less grind in Runes of Magic, until higher levels then it gets tedious. Something that Requiem lacked that Runes of Magic has is special item and equipment drops. I can remember the day I got the Blizzard Bow off of a Wolf Cub, was so awesome. The PvP system is a little less forgiving in Runes of Magic, which I kind of like because in a PvP based server I like to have to watch out for those tough to beat PK'ers that rome around. It gives an urgency to keep safe and pressures you to get better not only as far as your level, but also your equipment.

Well that's how Requiem is in my eyes. It's such a good game. It's good that I typed all of this after taking a one day break from it, so now when I go back into the game like right after I send this message I'll appreciate Requiem that much more. Hope you all appreciated it.
:unsure:

#27 Vultur3

Vultur3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:35 AM

"Why Do You Play This?" - FoC and SvS mostly :unsure:

try making a tempest - everyone invites tempests :rolleyes:

#28 TheJudge

TheJudge

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:26 PM

Yeah i'm probably gonna go play 9dragons again. I haven't really played mmos until recently since i've been discharged from Afghan. It's a bummer.

heh I played 9dragons too on the Asura server. Pvp was crazy in that game. What your server/class/name? in 9d that is.

Edited by TheJudge, 31 July 2010 - 01:27 PM.

#29 Salubri

Salubri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1305 posts
  • LocationCancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:-_- YOU GRAVITY

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:35 PM

Do you like pvp?
If I played this game, I would sit around ganking people all day.

Requiem haz PvP? last time i saw it didnt

#30 ephinyus

ephinyus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:48 PM

Well, I've been playing this game since 02/29/2008... some might say too long. I've been paying for it since before it was released.
Yes I was 1 of the people who got to play 3 days before it went Live (if you bought a subscription, you got a 3 day head start). Of course
there have been a few months that I didn't get Premium here and there, but I digress... I love this game, but mostly because of the
people I play with. Yes, Requiem has good graphics and decent gameplay, but it wouldn't be the same without the awesome peeps
in my guild (and others who I am friends with outside of guild). We've definitely had a blast! Example of the fun:

#31 SilooliS

SilooliS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationQUIT

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:57 PM

I played Dekaron before Req, was fun for a while, but over run with hackers (hacks that put HaLLIa/North/KGB/Madeinchina/reunion to shame), Tried this one out, attack style is kinda slow, and limited, but the look of the game was great, compared to all the flowery B.S MMORPG's that rule the genre, then i saw the battlefields. that there was a winner for me.
Things have changed tho, games getting old fast, waiting on a few releases and I'll bid the lot of yas :rolleyes: adieu.
This game has a lot to offer, but not from the current management, they fail to correctly develop, police, promote, and reward.

#32 Nuke

Nuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

I played Dekaron before Req, was fun for a while, but over run with hackers (hacks that put HaLLIa/North/KGB/Madeinchina/reunion to shame), Tried this one out, attack style is kinda slow, and limited, but the look of the game was great, compared to all the flowery B.S MMORPG's that rule the genre, then i saw the battlefields. that there was a winner for me.
Things have changed tho, games getting old fast, waiting on a few releases and I'll bid the lot of yas :rolleyes: adieu.
This game has a lot to offer, but not from the current management, they fail to correctly develop, police, promote, and reward.

lmao i know the hackers in dekaron xD i think i quit when i was in Enclave back then

2 moons was the US version of the game, and same as here, they :unsure: it up badly compared to the korean version. but the pvp was awesome. miss 1 knockoff or buff or slow and u were dead. not like here lmao.

i think best thing to define 2moons was this:

too bad the game is full of hackers and its ruined. even with teh new cool seasons

#33 SilooliS

SilooliS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationQUIT

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:12 PM

lmao i know the hackers in dekaron xD i think i quit when i was in Enclave back then

2 moons was the US version of the game, and same as here, they :rolleyes: it up badly compared to the korean version. but the pvp was awesome. miss 1 knockoff or buff or slow and u were dead. not like here lmao.

i think best thing to define 2moons was this:

too bad the game is full of hackers and its ruined. even with teh new cool seasons

The kids who hacked the GM account and spawned 50 of that Oread in Loa Castle, he wins best ever hacker award.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw2bVAst4Jw

When i was a GM on ZanD, i used to "Cherry bomb" ppl, random spawn 25 Cherubims on 1 guy^^, /gm callmonsters 3800 25 FTW

Edited by SilooliS, 31 July 2010 - 04:15 PM.

#34 Nuke

Nuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:14 PM

The kids who hacked the GM account and spawned 50 of that Oread in Loa Castle, he wins best ever hacker award.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw2bVAst4Jw

the dude who hacked the gm acc and started to send gm message thru the server saying "i didnt hack you bastards but i know how to! see?!" lmao
i think that was on 2moons

heared that they bribed some gms to give them a secret something that could create 50% more critical dmg for socketing lmao XD

#35 SilooliS

SilooliS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationQUIT

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:16 PM

yeah at least Gravity have their server side-_- secure

#36 Nuke

Nuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:19 PM

yeah at least Gravity have their server side-_- secure

yeah that prevents the russians from destroying the game completely

#37 SilooliS

SilooliS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationQUIT

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:22 PM

aint just "russians" im sure there multi nationalities hacking on here, but compared to other games, we're lucky

#38 Nuke

Nuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:25 PM

aint just "russians" im sure there multi nationalities hacking on here, but compared to other games, we're lucky

yep, were actually fine. 1 bot in kurt only and some stupid speed/attack speed hacks.

at least we dont see any with HUGE dmg aggroing everything on the map lol

#39 SilooliS

SilooliS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationQUIT

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:35 PM

ya DK has, ....... speed, tele, GM, ghostmode, vac, vac/nonaggro, skill, dmg, sheild, hp, name, fontDC, wall..may have missed some lol

oh yeah GM detect hack, auto dc's ya when a gm enters the map your on.

remembered another one^^, stat hack, used to have to get the DEVS to check ppl stats on the DB, cuz the hacked it so they had 10k str/spr/dex/heal

Anyways back to topic at hand, Why do you play this?

Edited by SilooliS, 31 July 2010 - 04:40 PM.

#40 Nuke

Nuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:39 PM

lmao!

#41 Yulia

Yulia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:09 PM

I play this game coz of all the lags and bugs and friends. :rolleyes:

#42 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:09 PM

I play this game coz of all the lags and bugs and friends. :unsure:

I'm sure the lag and bugs consider you their friend. :rolleyes:

#43 Yulia

Yulia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:24 PM

I'm sure the lag and bugs consider you their friend. :rolleyes:

They're my best friends. Forever and ever and EVAH!! :unsure:

#44 MaxGG

MaxGG

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:32 PM

heh I played 9dragons too on the Asura server. Pvp was crazy in that game. What your server/class/name? in 9d that is.

Nirvana, BoT Warrior, -BadTown-

And i just made an acc today cuz my old fc got deleted for being inactive. And they had a 4x xp event and i got to lvl 45.

I guess that's just what makes me kind of like 9d because they always have events where theres TONS of xp and oppurtunities. HH only lasts for an hour and usually not even more than x2 xp.

#45 MaxGG

MaxGG

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:33 PM

I've played World of Warcraft, MapleStory, Ghost Online, Runes of Magic (I think is on par with this game), and Runescape. In comparison to World of Warcraft, obviously Requiem is free which is just an amazing feature for a fun game these days, and even though the gameplay isn't as polished and refined as World of Warcraft it still has it's own particular style. Maybe combat was supposed to be rigid in Requiem to show how ruthlessly one has to fight in a world like that of Requiem. In comparison to all other games with endless grinding (MapleStory, Perfect World, etc.), when grinding in this game I feel so satisfied to rip the arms, heads, and other appendages off of the enemy EVERY time I kill one. This signifies that every enemy in this game has to be severed somehow to be killed, and only adds to the experience in Requiem. After all, everything has been altered or mutated in a certain way, if you hadn't noticed playing. And then, the final thing, how does it compare to Runes of Magic, my absolute favorite MMORPG- well... one of two of my favorite MMORPGs, the other one being Requiem. Again, it feels like combat in Runes of Magic is a little more polished, but even that game doesn't compare to World of Warcraft's, polished smooth PvP goodness. There's a lot less grind in Runes of Magic, until higher levels then it gets tedious. Something that Requiem lacked that Runes of Magic has is special item and equipment drops. I can remember the day I got the Blizzard Bow off of a Wolf Cub, was so awesome. The PvP system is a little less forgiving in Runes of Magic, which I kind of like because in a PvP based server I like to have to watch out for those tough to beat PK'ers that rome around. It gives an urgency to keep safe and pressures you to get better not only as far as your level, but also your equipment.

Well that's how Requiem is in my eyes. It's such a good game. It's good that I typed all of this after taking a one day break from it, so now when I go back into the game like right after I send this message I'll appreciate Requiem that much more. Hope you all appreciated it.
:rolleyes:

Yeah but don't you get bored of those guts after thousands if not millions of kills? I've even gotten used to all the blood and guts and i don't even notice it anymore. :unsure:

#46 EphraimWitchwood

EphraimWitchwood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAt my computer. Like, all the time.

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:30 PM

Why do I play Requiem? Well, I'm not entirely sure. It speaks to me in a way that only one other game has before. It entices me to play it, even though I don't know or talk to anyone. Every time I get killed, I don't rage, I get up and try again, something I don't do on anything else. I can't be mad at it, even with the lag issues, the occasionally confusing quests, the huge aggro ranges, and the numerous bugs. I guess that's why I play Requiem. It's like that person you can't possibly be pissed at, regardless of what they do. I can't really think of another way to put it. I just freakin' love this game.

#47 Lazybill

Lazybill

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:47 PM

i play mainly because i have nothing else to do, i work, i sleep i eat i spend time with my girl then i spend the rest of the gap with Requiem, i like to get on and grind, do some pvp reduce all my crap run some places with guild, theres always something i can do to keep me buisy and entertained, the grind gets boring but, meh it's something to do, i just put on some music and grind away

#48 Laner

Laner

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdetrarine

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:06 PM

First of all, I'd like to say this is not a flame thread on gravity, or a bitching thread about this game.

I've been wondering what makes this game fun, because back when i first started I thought it was such a kick ass game. Now I just think its flat out boring.

Whenever I play, I either fail at FoC because I need to grind to get to the level where i can use my good stuff, and whenever I grind i get bored.

So....why do you guys play. Is there anything really that fun anymore? And plus theres hardly any Players i can find to grind with. :rolleyes:

I think the sole reason that keeps me playing is because how incredibly long I've played and how much money and time I've spent to become successful.... 2nd reason would be the people I miss definitely!!! Because I've took a break and tried some other games like Aion and Battle of Immortals. In Aion I hated getting ganked all the time while trying to lvl up. I had the determination to keep going and be great one day, but I started missing how great I was at requiem, and I didn't know how long I would have to play Aion in misery before I could become OP again. And realized how I've played req for 2 years, and that my character is perfect, why give it up now. I still want to play aion deep in my heart, because I feel like a wittle wussy, and I know if I tried harder I could become better. But I think for that reason Aion and Requiem are similiar, since s2... it must be hard being sucky at for so long, because of numerous OP people...
Then with Battle of the Immortals, I didn't find it to have very exciting pvp , as it said it was 100% pvp, but I dunno. And then I realized how much of a gambling problem it became, and that I was actually wasting more money there, than on Requiem. Also I got scammed bad, and couldn't deal with it too well. xD
And yea I will always miss the people in Eclipse. Like my old guild BloodyAngels, which I think I finally freaking moved on from it being dead. Still miss that guild though sometimes.

So to recap: 1. Because I'm already 79 2. People.
Oh also I do enjoy the PvP. But that's cuz I'm 79 with s1 gear. Bleh.

#49 Howako

Howako

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 885 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Not Requiem

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:12 PM

Simple.. a lot of my friends live in there :rolleyes:

#50 Traffix

Traffix